1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

The "Finish my stuff because I can't or I am too lazy" resource project

Discussion in 'Requests' started by HappyTauren, Jan 17, 2018.

1. HappyTauren

HappyTauren

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    So, what is this "request" about, you may ask? In reality, I am not "requesting" anything per se. I am providing something incomplete, that can be useful.

This is a thread in which anyone who does not really NEED a resource finished - can attach their unfinished stuff. Contrary to a similar thread, this is mostly about providing unfinished stuff and having someone complete it if they want to, instead of requesting things to be completed because you personally need it.

The reason for this is that most of us have stuff laying around that we either lost the interest to work on, or lack the necessary skills to finish. In a way, this means we have put work into something that does not benefit us, and doesn't benefit the community, either. And this thread is an attempt to remedy that by at least letting others finish the resource off of your base. This includes maps, of course.

Therefore:

If you have a resource that's unfinished but you think that finishing it would benefit the community, and you don't feel like it, post it here.

Let me start, then. I have attached bellow the resources that anyone can use to create their own resource out of.

MechaJuggernaut is a model I made a long time ago, that I never got to either animate myself, or rig to Tauren Chieftain animations. The mesh perfectly conforms to Tauren Chieftain animations, so it can be rigged to it easily. Also his axe kinda sucks, it should be reworked.

SomeDemonKindaThingWithBladeArms is not even scaled properly, so someone would need to re-scale the model and animate it/rig it to some animation set.

Swordy is a sword attachment I made a long time ago. Needs to be rescaled, possibly have geosets merged, then rotated and tweaked until it fits most attachable units.

DungeonTiles basically contains a bunch of dungeon tiles connected together. They can be broken apart and exported individually so that they can be used individually.

DungeonAxe is a simple axe model I made a long time ago, that uses the dark portal texture. I have no idea what needs to be done to it to make it useful, but if you need it or want it, complete it.

AzsharaTree is a tree model which I never tried in game after making it. I don't know what needs to be changed, or care to change it myself.

All of the models that I have posted - anyone can modify and upload. If the models are of satisfactory quality, they'll be accepted. It's just that I won't finish and/or upload them.

Have fun, or upload your own unfinished stuff.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  2. Jake Kessler

Jake Kessler

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Love this topic.

3. Cuore

Cuore

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    This is a great idea and the perfect counterpart to the concept of the request exchange :)
    I vouch for stickying this thread.

4. stein123

stein123

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    D: i hope to see all the unfinished models of Paladinjst X'D

5. Cuore

Cuore

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    The following is a russian field cannon produced by the famous industries Putilov of St. Petersburg in the years of the WW1, now known as Kirow plant. The factory is famous for having been one of the starting points of the "revolution of February" (The Putilov Strike of 1917 - Wikipedia).

The proportions are off, it lacks collision shapes, proper attachment points, proper particles, the animations need a rework.
    As per thread theme: anyone can modify and upload.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  6. Abovegame

Abovegame

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Does this include maps ?

7. HappyTauren

HappyTauren

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Sure, maps are "resources" in my book too! Just don't go crazy with maps that really have nothing done on them, since they could clutter this thread.

If you have an unfinished map you've already put a good deal of work into, that you'd let someone else finish, this is the place for it.

8. IcemanBo

IcemanBo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Sure, we can try it out as sticky at first. Let's see what people wanna share from past. Maybe we could make the title a bit nicer, though.

9. San

San

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Have some unfinished icons here, not providing the big image or original files though.
    Feel free to edit or lick it if you've got the time.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    1.Unleash- Confusing, maybe the effect needs to be cleaned up.
    2.Cthulhu- Lacks of proper shading.
    3.Amon's Dagger- Ugly.
    4.Weird Fruit on Twig- Rough sketch.
    5.Ice Shell/Hide- Light source/highlights have focusing issue as stated by some.

10. Stefan.K

Stefan.K

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    My same thoughts when I saw this thread. I'll surely participate here when I take look at my models that never got finished!

11. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Very interesting idea. Will have to look more into this...

12. Diegoit

Diegoit

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Epic, but who will receive credits xd?

13. HappyTauren

HappyTauren

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Not that I particularly care, nor would I impose any hard rules on this, but anyone who bases things off something in this thread's probably gonna credit the original author and explain what they've done to finalize the model.

14. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I just realized this is the perfect place! @PROXY !! @A.R. !! It calls to you!

15. stein123

stein123

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
  16. JokeMaster

JokeMaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh God, if i managed to finish all the stuff i have started back in the day, sheesh... Very cool idea, if there will be volounteers to do the work.

17. PROXY

PROXY

3D Modeling Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Love the idea. Might put some of my stuff in here too, there's an awful lot actually.

18. Maks Lion Of Orcs

Maks Lion Of Orcs

Resources:
    Resources:
    Im looking for some people experinced or versalite with world edtior to collab,coach,teach me or possibly just finish this project if they want to i got the map semi terrained out and a general idea of all the zones and their levels and the storyline but i just need help making a city ai a guard ai enemy ai and quests zones music and the triggers for a rpg map zone music stat balancing enterable structures caves houses im looking forward to putting all the iconic characters from your favriote games,books,movies,tv shows,cartoons,anime but i need help with making the triggers i got the storyline down its basically like a beat em up rpg but i want it to have a lot of detail and story sorry if my writing is all over the place im just so pumped because i worked on this map for awhile now & i wanted to make my little brother a cool map to play he just wanted to see all his childhood heros team up like spongebob goku marvel dc starwars lord of the rings etc...

Attached Files:

19. Diegoit

Diegoit

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Kobold slave. It just need a anim remake.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• M.mdx
      File size:
      80.1 KB
      Views:
  20. Abovegame

Abovegame

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Here's something of mine. There are a couple of bugs i think.If someone want to continue developing this map feel free to private message me.

Attached Files: