• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #5 - Winter Wonderland [Playable]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Holy shit it's a volcano, don't fall in! :O

Attachments

• tc5-3.jpg
    tc5-3.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 134
Level 8
LoL its a winter theme and still you manage to make it hot...
Looking good void hope the rest will look even better ^^

Level 18
woww. that fog effect is preety cool and awsome.

i suggest making the fog thinker though, because the lava looks really fake when you look at it in that screenie. making the fog thicker and a tad redder would give the effect that there is fire down in the depths...and perhaps lava plumes? Using the firey crater model might create a good fire pluming effect.

So far tvoids terrain is the best... ozirius, are you going to post screenshots?

Here is my map, some pathing blockers aren't finished. Type cam to get a better view. Click v on your keyboard to remove the pathing blockers to see the terrain clearly. Do i have to post screen shots?

Very nice, but some of the ice sheets are poorly placed, and scaled, and overlap each other.

Holy shit it's a volcano, don't fall in! :O

Nicely done. I want to see more.

Level 18
i think what void meant by messy is the fact that :

1) there are some doodads, scaled to enourmous heights. I saw a northrend rock in there that was humoungous...the texture didn't help it much.

2) to many pointed rocks make it seem a bit strange. Perhaps, using hills would add the smoothness that this map your map needs,

Other than that, the fog placement was nice, made the sky look cool, and the envirnment is very detailed. One last suggestion would be to add a 3rd person camera.
If you need the triggers, ill gladly make you one tonight, and ill show you how to implement them in ur map ( i have a good RPG camera.:p)

Level 34
My computer is really fucked up right now. It's taken me 5 minutes to navigate to this thread, that's how slow it is, so until I get it back on it's feet, the contest continues. I should have it wiped and re-loaded by Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.