• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Taking Spell Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Haven't been here for a while.
Here's the spell I'd like to request:(seen in Runic TD)

Name: Static Charge
Description: Gives the caster a 15% chance to cast Chain Lightning on the attacked unit. The Chain Lightning does 100 damage on the primary target. Its jumps deal less damage.
Level 1:15% chance, Chain Lightning-100 damage on primary target
Level 2:20% chance, Chain Lightning-140 damage on primary target
Level 3:25% chance, Chain Lightning-180 damage on primary target
Mana Cost:0
Cooldown:0

Level 4
Well aspard, even if hes done wrong things in the past, every1 deserves a 2nd chance.
You dont need triggers for that spell. Create a spell from Orb of Lightning (new) (item abilities), then create the lightning spell that you want to be casted when the guy attacks. Set the Orb of Lightning spell that is cast to the chain lightning, and set the %.

Level 4
Oh aspard, sorry.. didnt know he had alrdy had another chance. Ghost, you want the hero to have a chance to miss when he attacks?? or a chance to give a buff to the target that makes him miss?

[Edit] btw, hows my lightning spell goin? Could you post a map for me to see how its goin? Thanks

Level 1
1)Spell Name + Tooltip
Spirit Ball , A user fire up a Spirit Ball , if spirit ball hit other spirit ball it will bounce , can hit both friends and enemy's
2)Spell Description
So , take this as a projectile "Abilities\\Weapons\\FaerieDragonMissile\\FaerieDragonMissile.mdl"
As i said before , its causing damage to friends and enemy's , and if it hit with other ball it will bounce by angle.Ofcourse i am realy not good with math , and sin and cos , and in what direction it will bounce but i guess you got the point what i need here.It should be locust , and when it hits in buildings and other locust things it should bounce.
3)Extra stuff
This should be more like a system then just one spell , i just need one to see how to make the rest and not trouble you for every spell , so i would also need editable things like:
1.Range (how far will it go , before it expires)
2.Move speed
3.Impact AoE (area of effect)
4.Impact Effect
5.Damge / special effect
Well that would be all , thank you.

Attachments

• ballbounce.JPG
    ballbounce.JPG
    14 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Level 22
gives the unit a chance to miss on attacks. refrain from making a dummy unit and ordering it to curse the unit every second, since spell stealers will steal that buff, wasting their mana. also gives an annoying red filter over the unit's icon

Level 17
gives the unit a chance to miss on attacks. refrain from making a dummy unit and ordering it to curse the unit every second, since spell stealers will steal that buff, wasting their mana. also gives an annoying red filter over the unit's icon

So in other words its curse, but without the buff, just triggered

It would be easy to do, in jass

But just a few things I need to know

Is it an aura or unit target spell? And how many levels? And Level stats?

Level 4
erm thats... a stupid ability for someone to have... but i think triggering will be needed for that.. maybe when the unit learns the ability a dummy casts a buff on him that lasts forever and makes him miss?

Level 22
buffs are dispelable. the only buff with a chance to miss is curse, and that puts a red filter over the unit, and makes spell stealers steal it. ive already made this before. its not really stupid, as its a default ability on the unit.

Level 4
maybe make the attacked unit get the ability Evasion? well no... that would only be added once the unit is hit, so the evasion wouldnt work, and it would make everything that attacks it miss..

Ill try to find a way to do this.
Isnt there an option in World Editor (cant remember now, as im at school) that can make you set the spell steal priority? Maybe set that to 0?

And isnt there an option that asks if its dispellable or not? Anyways, as long as you dont make the ability that dispells target heros, i think it would be fine...
You could try making a trigger that adds the buff again to the hero once the buff is dispelled:

Event - A unit loses a buff
Condition - Lost buff equal to <Buff>
Action - Create one <dummy> for (Triggering Unit)
Order <dummy> to cast <spell> on (Triggering Unit)

i know the triggers are wrong, but its something like that... when i get home ill take a look at triggers.

Level 22
if i set spell steal priority to 0, theyll still steal it, however all other buffs must be stolen.
there is no option for dispelable or not.
and its not a hero, its a regular unit.
the point is, i dont want spell breakers needlessly wasting mana on a buff that is a waste to steal.

Level 11
What about this trigger?

• Events
  • Unit takes order
  • Conditions
  • Order is - Spell Steal (Spellbreaker)
  • Events
  • Order (Triggering Unit) to Stop
Well, that's not the triggers, but written in English, so you can find all this actions yourself. This will prevent from spell-stealing, but I'm not sure your spellbreakers won't just stand trying to do so. But try ftw!

Level 4
can i ask you guys to create this spell...
Name:Wound Toss
Learn Hotkey:D
Levels:4
Description: When Sekk throws his powerful spear at an enemy, Sekk gains more damage on a single strike and damage the target overtime, If the cooldown is finished this spell will activate. Lasts 5 seconds.
Level 1:+10 damage, 16 seconds cooldown, 5 damage per second.
Level 2:+20 damage, 12 seconds cooldown, 10 damage per second.
Level 3:+25 damage, 8 seconds cooldown, 15 damage per second.
Level 4:+30 damage, 4 seconds cooldown, 20 damage per second.
Icon:
Code:
ReplaceableTextures\PassiveButtons\PASBTNVorpalBlades.blp
Model(When Ready):
Code:
Abilities\Spells\Orc\Bloodlust\BloodlustTarget.mdl
JUST PUT THE MODEL(WHEN READY) ON HIS WEAPON.
Just copy & paste the code for the icon and the model.
Thanks in Advance!!!:thumbs_up:
:spell_breaker::spell_breaker:

Level 17
Re-Opened

I have decided to re-open the spell factory. Please feel free to post your requests.

If you post a request here, please use this format, it makes the work for me a little easier.

1)Spell Name

2)Spell Tool-tip (I just copy the tool-tip into your spell)

3)Spell Description

4)Any other info

Example

1) Spell Name - Fire Rock Ball

2) Tooltip - Throws a fire rock at a unit to damage it.

3) Description - The fire rocks deals 100 damage times the unit's intel

4) Pls use the doom effect when the unit gets hit.

Thanks in advance.

Level 22
Hello, I have a spell request for my map.

Name: Crow Swarm
Description: Leave blank, I'll put it.
What spell does?:
-Summons a lot of Dark Crows (model will be: units\critters\Vulture\Vulture.mdl set red, green, blue colors to 0.
-Then these Crows start to fly araund the caster (the crows should have random distances between the caster from 200 to 500 and flying heights from 75 to 150.
-The crows last for ever until killed by enemies or who ever.

And that's all. It can be GUI, JASS, vJASS or anything other, aslong as it doesn't leak and is MUI.

+rep and credit if you can make it

Level 9
I would like to see a spell
1. Name: Dark Push
2. Description: Blezz pushes the unit with dark forces against his will, dealing damage.
3. Effect: Deals 100/150/200/250 damage, knockback 700 distance :O, destroy destructibles of type: sunken ruins (terrain) not tree wall but the other trees with lots of leaves (yeah, i know it sucks ;D ....)
4. Things you need to know: (MUI) GUI GUI and GUI... ;D

+rep for you

Thanks

Tiche3:grin:

Level 5
Glad to see you back Xiliger, Ill have some spells for you in the future soon.
And now I have a spell: Royalty's Grace (3 levels)

Description: The Royal Guard's loyalty to all his allies are channeled into an area around the Guard. All allied units caught in the spell's radius will have their their health restored by a certain amount and all enemy undead units will receive damage equal to half the amount healed.

So basically in a 500 AOE around the guard, every allied unit gets healed except undead, who dont get healed, and enemy undead units get blasted by holy light. So the base of this is a mass holy light spell.

Level 1: 300 life healed and 150 damage to undead. Level 2: 600 life healed and 300 damage to undead. Level 3: 900 life healed and 450 damage to undead.

Art: I guess basing it off the resurrection spell for the Paladin works, except obviously dead units dont come back and the target effect is Holy Light.

This spell is already made, but it's in JASS, I'm requesting it in GUI/MUI, reasons reserved, of course it's kudos to you after it's done. Thanks again.

Level 4
Great to see the thread back.

I've been wanting to do this spell, but I can;t for the life of me figure out how to do it.

Name: Orbital Bombardment
Tool-tip: I'll do that
What it actually does:
It orders a group of units (say, cannons or artillery) to fire inside the radius of where the spell is cast. (So, the unit or hero would cast the spell, place a 'beacon' that's an invincible, invisible walkthroughable ward, and the artillery would fire in random points inside a certain distance).

Cheers,
Spectre4802

Level 17
Some of the spells are done.

@ xDeathKnightx

Your spell : View attachment [Spell] Ice Shock Wave.w3x

It has no tooltip, cuz you use it in your cinimatic. The spell is based off off Channel. Just change the Order ID to some Point Target spell to order a unit to use it.

I used a knock back system that was on the hive (Its in vJass)
I am not going to reinvent the wheel today.

Knock Back by Silvenon

@ Barathrum

Your Spell : View attachment [Spell]Crow Swarm.w3x

The spell is done in vJass. I hope thats what you wanted, tell me if I need to change anything. I did not add locust to the crows, thus they are selectable and can be attacked. Just add locust to make them unselectable.

Level 1
1) Spell Name - Fire Rock Ball

2) Tooltip - Throws a fire rock at a unit to damage it and jumps to the other increasing the damage by 10% of the last hites enmy HP.

3) Description - The fire rocks deals 100 base damage then incrase. 1lvl 3times jump 2lvl 6times and 200 base dps. 3lvl 9times and 300 base dps. 4lvl 12times and 350 base dps.

4) First unit - Some flames (feel free i dont know what could be best) Next units. Same effect plus floating text. "(DPS MADE)!" and archmionde summon spell effect. (ofc if u think those effect will dont look good hange it :) )

Sorry for crappy eng.

Level 22
Hello, the previous spell is 100% perfect, thank you. Now I need one last spell for that hero:

Name: Crow Attack
Description: Leave blank, I'll put it.
Spell is ground target spell
What spell does?:
(model will be: units\critters\Vulture\Vulture.mdl set red, green, blue colors to 0.
-Crows start flying out of the caster and the caster dissapears. Then these crows start flying into the target location. When they arrive, the crows should start flying into the center of the targeted point, and the caster reappears.

And that's all. It can be GUI, JASS, vJASS or anything other, aslong as it doesn't leak and is MUI.

+rep and credit if you can make it

Level 17
I have some of the spells done. Hope they are as you wanted them. Please tell me if I need to edit something.

@Patollus

I am sorry but you must have at least 50 post to make a request. You can always just use chain lightning and set the effects so that it looks like a fire ball and set the damage reduction to a negative value (That will increase the damage)

These spells are for :

Tiche3
Spectre4802
Elsheen

Attachments

• [Spell] Dark Push.w3x
    43.3 KB · Views: 79
  • [Spell] Orbital Drop.w3x
    34.2 KB · Views: 39
  • [Spell] Royalty's Grace.w3x
    35.4 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Level 12
I alredy made this spell but i have leaks :/

Spell need to look like this and to be GUI/MUI:

Name: Ghost Wallk

Effect: Ghost Walk make hero invisible,but also draining hit points per second of use. Also i wont to player can ACTIVATE or DEACTIVATE spell any time. I wont that hero CANT die by this spell (suicide), and if posible to spell automaticlly be deactivated when his hit points drops to critical value.

I give full credits in map on Loading Screen!

Level 5
If you can do this for me please.

This is not just a simple jump spell request. I need a jump spell that morphs the caster into a hawk(while moving forward) then just before landing morphs him back to the casters original state. This spell must be a flowing movement with no stoping durring flight. If you can please make in MUI. The spell can be in GUI/JASS/vJASS but please make it easy to configure.
I will fill in description if you leave it open etc.
If you need anymore info please ask.

#1 - Its a target point. And will do no damage on landing. If you want you can make this effect when the hero lands. Slows all enemies in the area.
#2 - Like Crow form, yes.
#3 - Anything is ok with me. Something like 350-500 height.
#4 - He unmorphs in air and comes down in an arc if you know what i mean. I want it like a \. I want it a fast paced LEAP at the point not a slow fly over lol.

Level 11
Finally i got 50 posts and 5 +rep so now i want to ask you about one spell :)

Spell name: just name it Bladestorm
You know the blademaster's bladestorm? well i want you to do that spell for me but when he does that spell then pick every unit in like 400 or something like that and then when he spins the unit who is range 400 from the blademaster should stuck in the spin and then go round until the blademaster doesnt spin anymore.
And the spell should take 20 dmg each second for 10 seconds

And i would really appreciate if you did this one for me. And if you can plz make it in GUI otherwise make it in JASS Thank you!

Level 12
Tnx very much man for your help, when hero hit points reach 2 ,he dont die but he remain invisible. I need to spell deactivate when hero hit points reach critical point (2hp). And also i wont to spell be deactivated if hero cast some other spell while is in invisible mode. If you make this changes for me. I will give you rep and i will add you in special tnx on my loading screen :wink:

Level 4
Thank you, Xil. :)

It's almost perfect - I have a few changes you could make. Not essential, only if you have time.

1. After the first attack, the units stop firing.
2. A few seconds after the attack, a little text message appears saying - 'That's X confirmed kills.', X being the number of units killed.

Also, would it be possible to make the units fire around the point instead of on it? even if it's fixed, that would be wonderful.

Anyway, awesome job as always, Xil. Love the spell.

Level 5
Oops forgot to check back =P
Anyways, excellent work Xil, another spell well done. Credits to you once more and +rep

Level 3
Hi i need 3 spells:
1st. slash (hotkey A) it's slashes in front of hero then activated make it wide like 300 and like 200 range lengh dmg from 1-4 and cd from 0.70 to 0.55 (based on lvl)
2nd. upper slash (hotkey S) it's slash like a simple slash but like half less wide and double range in lenght dmg from 2-5 cd from 1.5 - 1.05 (based on lvl)
3d:Dash simple dash (d hotkey) then you click d it dashes in front of hero like in 1.65 sec.
Range: from 400-600 cd from 3.5 to 2.5(based on lvl) and it's 20%(same in all lvls) more vulnerable in dash stage.
plz do it :)

Last edited:
Level 17
Ghost Walk edit.

It now de-activates when you have less then 2 life.

@ HeX.16

Its going to be hard to do that, Playing multiple animations in the jump. Ill try to increase the units animation time and play the morph ability.

Edit:

I edited the jump spell, it now shows the unmorph from crow to unit.

Edit :

Spectre4802, ill start yours now(The edditing)

Edit :

Its done, the tanks will only fire once at the location. After 5 seconds a message will pop up and tell you the kill count. Friend and foe.

Attachments

• [Spell] Ghoust Walk Edit.w3x
    34.6 KB · Views: 43
  • [Spell] Jump Edit.w3x
    38.3 KB · Views: 38
  • [Spell] Orbital Drop Edit.w3x
    34.8 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Level 17
Man i dont wont to be boring, but you didnt read good my post,you didnt change all that i need, you forgot to make that spell deactivates if hero cast some other spell while is in invisible mode

I am sorry, my internet at home is off atm, I check the posts at the university, then write them down, and do the spells at home(or no my laptop on campus), put them on my flash drive and then upload it againg at the university the following day.

I will fix it as soon as possible, top priority.

Sorry for the trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.