• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Taking vJASS/ZINC spell requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
hello there, i'm scorpion182. i'm taking spell request in vJASS or ZINC.

If you want to request a spell, please reply to this thread with the following (Do not send me PMs!):

* A name for your spell.
* The number of levels you spell should have.
* What the spell should do.
* The tooltip of the spell (else I will just make one up).
* If the spell needs to be MUI or not.

All spells will:

* Be made in vJASS or ZINC.
* Conform to the JESP Standard.
* Be easy to import.
* Have the same testmap unless there is a need for something different.
* Use any systems I deem necessary.
* MUI unless it's abominably hard to do so.

Here are some rules:

* Don't request more than 1 spell at a time.
* Don't request something impossible.
* If you find a bug/glitch in your spell, bring it to my attention and I will advise you how to fix it or fix it myself as soon as I can.
* Don't complain about the thread being closed; this is not my job, it's just something I want to do. I have no obligation to continue this any longer than I want to.
* If you need to change something about your spell, simply PM me or post in the thread.

Once you have requested a spell, you will be added to the waiting list; if and when the list becomes bloated with requests, I will ignored other requests. The waiting list is below:

bLu3_eYeS

After your spell is completed, it will be added to the list of completed spells below:

Completed Spells
Update your :

JassHelper
JNGP

Last edited:
Level 4
Hey man. I would like a spell like:
Every time the hero that has the skill kills a unit , a tornado will spawn ( each tornado lasts 30 seconds at all levels ). The Tornado starts rotating in 650 Randomly AoE near the hero , dealing 15/20/25/30 damage per second to enemy units that it touches. Thanks!

I need 3 more spells but you sayd only 1 request at a time.When this spell is finished , can i request the others too ?:cute:

Thanks
bLu3
:wink:

Level 5
This is not just a simple jump spell request. I need a jump spell that morphs the caster into a hawk(while moving forward) then just before landing morphs him back to the casters original state. This spell must be a flowing movement with no stoping durring flight. If you can please make in MUI. The spell can be in GUI/JASS/vJASS but please make it easy to configure. I need this to be like a "leap" spell with a target point. And it will slow all targets in the landing area by 10% per level.
I will fill in description if you leave it open etc.
If you need anymore info please ask.
* A name for your spell - Crow Leap.
* The number of levels you spell should have 6 or just one.
* What the spell should do - Morphs the caster into a crow and leaps him forward slowing all enemies on landing.
* The tooltip of the spell (else I will just make one up) - Ill do it if you dont.
* If the spell needs to be MUI or not - MUI please.

Level 16
@ bLu3_eYeS
yes of course :)

@ HeX.16
ok

EDIT:
Crow Leap done.

Crow Leap

icon.jpg

Morphs the caster into a crow and leaps him forward slowing all enemies on landing.

EDIT EDIT:
Tornado done.

Tornado

skill-6.jpg

Every time the hero that has the skill kills a unit , a tornado will spawn ( each tornado lasts 30 seconds at all levels ). The Tornado starts rotating in 650 Randomly AoE near the hero , dealing 15/20/25/30 damage per second to enemy units that it touches.

Attachments

• Crow Leap.w3x
    69 KB · Views: 149
  • Tornado.w3x
    56.8 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
Level 22
Hello, I need this one:

Name: Crow Attack
Levels: 1
Description: Leave blank, I'll put it.
Spell is ground target spell
What spell does?:
(model will be: units\critters\Vulture\Vulture.mdl set red, green, blue colors to 0.
-Crows start flying out of the caster and the caster dissapears. Then these crows start flying into the target location. When they arrive, the crows should start flying into the center of the targeted point, and the caster reappears.

Must be MUI and leakless

+rep and credit if you can make it

Level 16
@ HeX.16
you should update your jasshelper (replace jasshelper.exe and clijasshelper.exe in the folder called "jasshelper" inside jass newgen pack's folder)

EDIT:

Crow Attack done.

Crow Attack

icon.jpg

Crows start flying out of the caster and the caster dissapears. Then these crows start flying into the target location. When they arrive, the crows should start flying into the center of the targeted point, and the caster reappears.

Attachments

• Crow Attack.w3x
    60.7 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Level 4
scorpion182...for the cyclones...the spell is ok but they spin too fast... if you get max tornado every unit near you dies ... make it rotate a bit easyer...like 310 move speed...
EDIT: I got another request:
Wind Shield
Every time the hero is atacked he will get Wind Shield on him for 4 seconds.
Wind Shield Effect:
Level 1:+1 armour , 5% chance to evade enemy atack
Level 2:+2 armour , 10% chance to evade enemy atack
Level 3:+3 armour , 15% chance to evade enemy atack
Level 4:+4 armour , 20% chance to evade enemy atack

And

Typhoon
Where the hero casts the spell ( 500 AoE ) it will spawn a tornado that does not move but will hurt enemyes that enter that 500 AoE and will last 6 seconds at all levels
Level 1:40 dmg / sec
Level 2:45 dmg / sec
Level 3:50 dmg / sec

Level 16
@ bLu3_eYeS
decreased the angle speed lower than 0.1, try 0.05
JASS:
private constant real    ANGLE_SPEED    = .1 //tornado angle speed

or decreased the tick_inc to 2.5 or 1.5
JASS:
private constant real    TICK_INC       = 5. //tornado tick increment

for damage you can tweak it
JASS:
private constant function GetDamage takes integer lvl returns real
        return 15.*lvl + 30. //does damage per second
    endfunction

@ hell gate
errm. no i don't, only spells :D

Last edited:
Level 22
Hello again, thank you for making the Crow attack spell. But I found some things:
-Can you make it so crows start flying out of the caster, instead of the caster simply fading out and then the crows appearing?
-Also I'd like if it's possible that the crows would fly to the target location at the same distance as they are from caster, not directly into the point. Since they were supposed to fly there and then go into the center of the spell target location.

Level 16
@bLu3_eYeS

Wind Shield & Typhoon done.

Wind Shield & Typhoon

Wind Shield
Every time the hero is atacked he will get Wind Shield on him for 4 seconds.
Wind Shield Effect:
Level 1:+1 armour , 5% chance to evade enemy atack
Level 2:+2 armour , 10% chance to evade enemy atack
Level 3:+3 armour , 15% chance to evade enemy atack
Level 4:+4 armour , 20% chance to evade enemy atack

And

Typhoon
Where the hero casts the spell ( 500 AoE ) it will spawn a tornado that does not move but will hurt enemies that enter that 500 AoE and will last 6 seconds at all levels
Level 1:40 dmg / sec
Level 2:45 dmg / sec
Level 3:50 dmg / sec
@Barathrum
hmm. I'll see what I can do.

Attachments

• Wind Shield.w3x
    62.2 KB · Views: 137
Level 22
OK, Thank you, but more important than improving Crow Attack is that there is one last spell for my hero. But you can improve it, I'll rep you for both this spell and improvement of that spell if you will find time.

Name: Amaterasu
Levels: 1
Description: You can leave blank
The Spell should be a activatable and deactivable like immolation and such kind of spells.
What spell does?:
Whenever the spell will be activated: Every 0,5 seconds or so, a Amaterasu flame should spawn at caster offset by X towards his facing. This fire lasts for X seconds. The Amaterasu flame deals X damage per second in an AOE around it. Aslong as Amaterasu stays turned on, the caster looses HP and Mana equal to X * Amount of flames on the battlefield owned by the caster per second.
When deactivated the Amaterasu flames stop spawning aswell as he stops loosing HP and mana.
Also aslong as Amaterasu is activated this special effect should attach on "origin" of the caster, and disappear when the spell gets deactivated. http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/requests-341/sharingan-aura-158479/

The Custom model for the Amaterasu flame: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/sonic-missle-50169/?prev=search%3DTimerift%2520Missle%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20

Must be MUI and leakless

+rep and credit if you can make it

Level 4
Hi. I need my final spell for the wind master spell pack :)

Targeted leap spell:
Leap
The caster leaps to the target dealing 75/150/225/300 damage and slowing for 1%/2%/3%/4% move speed. Thanks !

Level 21
Due to lack of free time, I need to request some of the spells I need for my project.
(Just one, for now.)
It's a mage spell... So obviously it has to be eye-candy.

It needs to be similar to Cluster Rockets, or how was that named... Anyway, the Thinker's ability that launches rockets.

This one should launch... floating lightnings. (So requires some lightning handling!)
So, the caster basically shoots up high a lightning that explodes and splits into smaller lightnings (of about 40 units length) that then fall in the targeted area randomly in the targeted circle region.

Damage, attack range, splash of the lightnings that hit the ground, the lightning type and anything else has to be changeable trough either a variable or a function.
Preferably a function.

The spell should be able to function at an unlimited amount of levels and it's stats be based on the hero's attributes. (Intelligence in this case)

I don't care if you use either Jass, vJass, ZINC or cJass.

The spell doesn't have to be MUI since my project is a single player camapign.

You can use any system or script to aid the spell.
If you need to use Table, and need to store any data other than integers in the tables, ask me.
For indexing, I really recommend a Table and not using a stand-alone hashtable.

I haven't checked and will not check your other spells but I trust you can do it good.

We'll talk about adjustements and others when it's done.

:smile:

P.S. Lightnings must move in the air.
Only the first, big lightning should be instant.
Don't forget nice effects. :wink:

Level 5
Sorry but another crow spell request.

Crow Throw
The hero channels the power of allied birds. Slowly 3*Level of Ability rise from behind the caster then the hero sends them forward. Each bird deals 25 damage:
Level 1: -1 armour and 25 damage per bird.
Level 2: -2 armour and 25 damage per bird.
Level 3: -3 armour and 25 damage per bird.
Level 4: -4 armour and 25 damage per bird.
Level 5: -5 armour and 25 damage per bird.
Level 6: -6 armour and 25 damage per bird.

Level 19
Name : 물이 얼음으로 퓨전 (just copy and paste =P, if u dont want to do it, its called Ice Water Fusion. Dont ask why its in korean)

Levels : 10, +50 damage total each level. 5 each level for each spike of ice and 25 each level 4 the biggie.

Description : The user shoots out a huge spike of ice and all that are touched by it freezes(500 aoe?) Each unit that is affected gets hit by five frost novas, each 0.5 seconds apart. 1 second after the frost novas are done, all of the units that are affected are trapped in a huge field of ice(one huge frost nova, bunches of small. your choice) and are stunned for 5 seconds. the caster is frozen for 2 seconds.

Tooltip : The caster freezes nearby units, than hits them with ice, than finally coats them in a huge layer of ice for 5 seconds. The caster is also stunned for 2 seconds.

Requires : I dont mind if u use vjass/zinc, just tell me if u do/ what uve used :)

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/eyeofsargeras-50471/?prev=u=JetFangInferno&r=20&page=2

And also, for the first and last spike, use /|\ for the 5 fast spikes, use the normal frost nova.

Level 19
How to do that? i dont see any post dates..

Besides i followed the guy's link on the sig.

Level 13
@ bLu3_eYeS
yes of course :)

@ HeX.16
ok

EDIT:
Crow Leap done.

Crow Leap

icon.jpg

Morphs the caster into a crow and leaps him forward slowing all enemies on landing.

EDIT EDIT:
Tornado done.

Tornado

skill-6.jpg

Every time the hero that has the skill kills a unit , a tornado will spawn ( each tornado lasts 30 seconds at all levels ). The Tornado starts rotating in 650 Randomly AoE near the hero , dealing 15/20/25/30 damage per second to enemy units that it touches.

sounds sexy.
edit: i should add my request, although i haven't checked out your crow jump, i bet you can do this request better and faster than i could. :)

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/blackknight-47794/

the request should be used with that model.

and as for the spell description:
i'm not going to be picky about the details, i'll leave that up to you and the spell's customization features, if that's ok by you.

http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1237509#post1237509

the odin spell, i want the odin spell done. with ff7 the spear gets thrown into the air and lands on the enemy. i want that. please do it.

and if not too much trouble, customize the spell so that it can either target unit and home in on it(default), or target unit and possibly miss if the unit moves, or target point.

i don't want target unit or point but really targeting point or target unit or point but target unit if it's selected, but if you want, you can add those for completeness.

that's five options i counted and i don't really want you to do the extra two options, but if you do it'll probably be instructive, anyway. just consider it extra credit if you feel like doing it, but it's not necessary and i don't care if you don't do it.

one more thing, i want it to have an aoe of damage(i guess that's a pretty important detail). i think mimicking frost wyrm aoe attack would be good for it... yeah i know...more customization options, haha. hope you don't mind!

you could probably use frost wyrm as a starting point for a unit for the dummy spear unit(not to actually attack with but just for kicks). the thing of it is, unless you require me to do some research i don't have a model for you and i hope you can get one for the dummy unit, that is.

lol@me all you want, but i love to "post now, edit later" at hiveworkshop, part of why i like it so much...

about this:

* A name for your spell.> IDK...i'll have to ask some other ff fan...maybe...
Dark Javelin? or Dark Spear? or...Spear Throw? Sky-Splitting Spear? something like that. Oh, I know! Spear that Splits the Sky. I know it's a long one, but it sounds cool.
no, no, no, wait! I GOT A BETTER NAME! it's a tongue twister, haha!
"Cloud Splitting Spear" yeah!!
* The number of levels you spell should have.> 3 or 4. basic or ultimate, whatever. if it's really JESP as you claim, the number of levels shouldn't matter...except that i guess you're doing the complete, entire spell and not just code. heh heh.
* What the spell should do.> ok, that was explained above
* The tooltip of the spell (else I will just make one up).>yeah, you do that.
but you can include this part: "Odin hurls his mighty spear into the sky to crash down on his enemies."
* If the spell needs to be MUI or not.> uhh...yeah, it wouldn't hurt, i think.

i realize that this unit model may not have an appropriate animation for this spell, if that's the case, that's fine. i can always request someone to make a better 'Odin" model.

i saw your crow leap, and although i didn't look at the code, it looks great! i think you might be able to handle this request!

and your tornado is GORGEOUS! +REP
edit: argh i'm getting an error message(because earlier today i +rep you for the contest). man i get that at thehelper.net all the time. what a drag.

if you prefer to upload the demo map without imports...you can still use them. just make sure i know which ones you're using (i'm totally ok with you use an import with the spear, if you need it, idk if you do)

edit: nm...saw the rest of the thread's posts. that's what i get for getting all excited and posting now and editing later. lol. hope i made someone laugh, at least - besides me, of course.
edit2: no, wait a minute...he's been posting around...idk if he stopped with this thread or not though. maybe he got sick of all the crow spell requests.

i guess i can try coding the spell myself by looking at his crow jump spell and editing it, IF i can make sense of his code, heh heh. zinc is kindof interesting, imo.

Last edited:
Level 3
Spell Name:Water Walking
Ranks:1(Passive)
The unit has the ability to move on water

Is it possible for this spell?Evenif not passive maybe active for some time :infl_thumbs_up:

Level 13
i just encountered a problem with the spell tornado when trying to import it. i have all the most current systems required and the trigger itself, and the ability. i changed the integer of the ability in the trigger to the new ability.
the spell is working...except for that i don't see the tornado at all. i can see the damage it deals to the units and the trees...so i can see that the spell is working...but for some reason i'm not seeing the tornado!

Spell Name:Water Walking
Ranks:1(Passive)
The unit has the ability to move on water

Is it possible for this spell?Evenif not passive maybe active for some time :infl_thumbs_up:

i think i saw this already, somewhere. i'll check around for it for you.
i think it was kindof a fishy way of doing it though...can't remember very good.

Last edited:
Level 16
i just encountered a problem with the spell tornado when trying to import it. i have all the most current systems required and the trigger itself, and the ability. i changed the integer of the ability in the trigger to the new ability.
the spell is working...except for that i don't see the tornado at all. i can see the damage it deals to the units and the trees...so i can see that the spell is working...but for some reason i'm not seeing the tornado!

i think i saw this already, somewhere. i'll check around for it for you.
i think it was kindof a fishy way of doing it though...can't remember very good.

maybe you forgot to import the dummy.mdx model :grin:

Level 13
good guess. actually my dummy.mdx file was 0kb. so i deleted it and imported it again. that's annoying...i just deleted most of the imported objects from the queen spellpack. now i have to import them again. i was forced to! the map was crashing without loading up without having the proper dummy.mdx file.
i wonder how i ended up with a 0kb dummy.mdx file.
thanks for the tip.

Level 10
here's mine

Spell Name: Blood Rain
Description:
The archer summons 4 arrows around her, dealing random damage and knockbacking them ipon the arrows impact.
Level 1- 250-350 random damage, knockbacks 150 units backward.
Level 2- 350-475 random damage, knockbacks 175 units backward.
Level 3- 500-610 random damage, knockbacks 200 units backward.
Level 4 - 610-690 random damage, knockbacks 200 units backward.

Additional Info:
If possible, the 4 arrows will spawn at the archer's left, right, up and bottom side. with random offset numbers from 80-360.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.