• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Taking JASS/vJASS spell requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
NO MORE REQUESTS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL I SAY OTHERWISE. THANK YOU.

Hi, I have been running out of ideas for spells recently and I like making spells and helping people so I decided to start this thread. You can request any JASS spells here and I will make them for you. Just follow the following guidelines for your request:

1. State clearly if you don't want it in vJASS. If you do not clearly state you wish otherwise, depending on the complexity of the spell I may decide to do it in vJASS anyway as it is much easier for some spells.
2. Give a clear name and explanation of what you want the spell to do. I can not make a spell if I'm not sure what it is you want me to make.
3. Depending on the complexity of the spell, expect me to take varying lengths of time on a spell. I can't make spell which needs knockback, spring effect, loads of special effects etc in 10 minutes can I?
4. If you have negative reputation I may decide not to make the spell for you. Why should I help you if you have been stupid in the past?
5. I don't care what you need it for, I will still make it (as long as your request conforms to the above guidelines). I just like making spells :grin:

An example good request (for the below spell made by me) would be:

Name:
Gravity Ball

Description:
Creates a ball which pulls <a> units within a radius of <b> to it for <c> seconds then explodes and deals <d> damage to all the units, pushing them back.

vJASS
Yes.

I will try to make the spells as configurable as possible and they will be as efficient as I can make them and not leak at all.

If you doubt my ability, see this spell I made and posted here on the Hive.

NOTE: There are some things which are impossible to do in wc3. If your spell is one of these things, I will notify you and you can either make the request more possible or let go of the idea.

Last edited:
Level 37
I would like you to make two spells. They are very similar and they will be for the campaign I have been creating for one year. I will of course give you credits + rep in here. I hope you will do these two requests and there is no hurry at all making these the spells.

• So, you have to make these two spells with JASS(not vJASS). The reason for this is because it's campaign and I do use only basic world editor.
  • Conditions of both spells are: vulnerable, neutral hostile, alive
  • Put the damage done easily seen able so I can change it depending how balanced it is.
  • These two spells are for campaign which means they don't need to be MUI at all. Player can only have 1 this kind of spell at the same time.
  • Both spells only have 1 level.
  • Make both spells from channel spell. The reason for this is because all other spells are already used. Yes, I do have over 60 spells already/character.
  • Both spells are spell book spells.
  • Don't use turn on/off triggers or any triggers that makes me to activate them by myself every time I have to copy them.
  • You are allowed to use custom models.

Let's go to the spells then.

Levitation - Puts a targeted enemy unit to the air, and then smashed it down quickly dealing X damage.
(only 1 enemy unit)
Mass Levitation - Puts all enemies around the caster to air in a large area, and smashes and then down quickly dealing X damage.
(all units around the caster, 1000 aoe)

I will get right on it!

EDIT: Done.

Note: This is not the most efficient I can make it. I will make it more efficient if you want, but I won't be able to do it tonight.

BTW I assume you will know how to edit the constant functions. If not, ask me.

EDIT: I just found a bug - a blizzard bug - that makes the game think whenever you cast levitate after you've cast mass levitate, that you're just casting mass levitate again... I think the spells are too similar... so one of them can't be channel.

Attachments

• Levitate.w3x
    25.7 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Level 37
Ok, nicely done. But I just remembered that one thing is missing; I have own made spell damage system that works with variable(integer). You cannot create it in your map because you don't have specific items and heroes. Is it possible, somehow to add there a GUI trigger also, that activates that JASS trigger. Then in that GUI trigger, there will be that damage trigger that I'll do later for the spell.

Or is there other way to add this damage trigger?

By the way, it seems like there are not so many requests, can I ask you to do some more spells? I got one interesting spell in my mind currently.

Ok, nicely done. But I just remembered that one thing is missing; I have own made spell damage system that works with variable(integer). You cannot create it in your map because you don't have specific items and heroes. Is it possible, somehow to add there a GUI trigger also, that activates that JASS trigger. Then in that GUI trigger, there will be that damage trigger that I'll do later for the spell.
Ok now fixed and re-uploaded so you can turn my levitate and mass levitate triggers on and off with GUI just how you would normally do it.

By the way, it seems like there are not so many requests, can I ask you to do some more spells? I got one interesting spell in my mind currently.
Fire away.

Level 37
Element of Water said:
Ok now fixed and re-uploaded so you can turn my levitate and mass levitate triggers on and off with GUI just how you would normally do it.
Actually, you didn't do anything I really wanted. It's my fault, I'm a bad explainer and I'm sorry about that. So here we go again;

I have this kind of trigger in the campaign that makes the damage of the spell(yes I know it's very long and can't bee seen fully).

• Set Damage_AAA_Spell = (((Real((Level of Flame Explosion (P, E, 2, AS) for (Casting unit)))) x 30.00) + (((Real((Intelligence of (Casting unit) (Include bonuses)))) x 3.00) + (((Real((Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Casting unit) of type Low Magic Ball)))) x 10.00) + (((Real
And you cannot create it because you don't have the campaign. Or hmm, of course you could get it but I don't want to give you too much job. Here are many ways to go forward, here are my suggestions;
  • Is is possible that you could make this kind of damage trigger, but in JASS?
  • Could you make a GUI trigger that somehow activates the JASS trigger and same time there's a variable that gives the damage of the spell. With this way, I just put the my made spell damage variable to there.
  • Is there other way?

About the second spell, here we go again.

Casts 4 huge lustrous icy balls to the closest enemy units. These four icy balls bounces in enemies dealing huge damage. Each icy ball bounces 5 times. Icy balls won't bounce if there are only 1 unit.

• Make the missile from Frost Wyrm's missile.
  • Start the spell that the missiles comes from the caster first(so they don't just suddenly comes from no where).
  • Balls must bounce. If there's nothing to bounce they'll dissapear. So, yeah, there have to be at least 2 enemy unit.
  • Don't make them as fast as the chaining lightning itself. I want this spell to be cool and it's one of the last spells in the campaign. So make them bounce slowly, surely and greatly.

Any questions, ask a way. I'm happy to answer. Credits will be yours, of course.

Actually, you didn't do anything I really wanted. It's my fault, I'm a bad explainer and I'm sorry about that. So here we go again;

I have this kind of trigger in the campaign that makes the damage of the spell(yes I know it's very long and can't bee seen fully).

Set Damage_AAA_Spell = (((Real((Level of Flame Explosion (P, E, 2, AS) for (Casting unit)))) x 30.00) + (((Real((Intelligence of (Casting unit) (Include bonuses)))) x 3.00) + (((Real((Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Casting unit) of type Low Magic Ball)))) x 10.00) + (((Real

And you cannot create it because you don't have the campaign. Or hmm, of course you could get it but I don't want to give you too much job. Here are many ways to go forward, here are my suggestions;

* Is is possible that you could make this kind of damage trigger, but in JASS?
* Could you make a GUI trigger that somehow activates the JASS trigger and same time there's a variable that gives the damage of the spell. With this way, I just put the my made spell damage variable to there.
* Is there other way?
I could just set the damage to a normal variable rather than a constant... then you set that variable?

About the second spell, here we go again.

Casts 4 huge lustrous icy balls to the closest enemy units. These four icy balls bounces in enemies dealing huge damage. Each icy ball bounces 5 times. Icy balls won't bounce if there are only 1 unit.

* Make the missile from Frost Wyrm's missile.
* Start the spell that the missiles comes from the caster first(so they don't just suddenly comes from no where).
* Balls must bounce. If there's nothing to bounce they'll dissapear. So, yeah, there have to be at least 2 enemy unit.
* Don't make them as fast as the chaining lightning itself. I want this spell to be cool and it's one of the last spells in the campaign. So make them bounce slowly, surely and greatly.

Any questions, ask a way. I'm happy to answer. Credits will be yours, of course.
Finally something challenging! This will be hard to make without vJass though, so I make take a while. Just one question - the balls can't bounce on something another ball has bounced on again?

EDIT:
Oh, and another couple questions:
a) Will this need that same damage system or will it have constant damage?
b) Do you want levels and if so what elements of the spell should the levels change?

Level 37
Element of Water said:
I could just set the damage to a normal variable rather than a constant... then you set that variable?
I'm not sure what do you mean by this. So you are going to do a separate GUI trigger when you activate + set spell damage? That would be fine for me, unless every time I have to copy this trigger I need to activate this trigger my myself(so don't use trigger turn on/off/run).

Element of Water said:
Finally something challenging! This will be hard to make without vJass though, so I make take a while. Just one question - the balls can't bounce on something another ball has bounced on again?
Hmm. Well, I think it's stupid if all four ball bounces between two units. So I think yes, they can't bounce all same time to one unit. So if one ball is going to bounce on a specific unit, other balls cannot bounce in that unit same time. Something like this?

Element of Water said:
Will this need that same damage system or will it have constant damage?
All spells' damage depends of caster's stats, items and basic magic damage, so they don't have constant damage at all.

Element of Water said:
Do you want levels and if so what elements of the spell should the levels change?
No, I don't need any levels. One is enough, this is once again spell book spell.

Ok sorry about long delay before posting again, I couldn't get on my comp for 2 days. Anyway...
I'm not sure what do you mean by this. So you are going to do a separate GUI trigger when you activate + set spell damage? That would be fine for me, unless every time I have to copy this trigger I need to activate this trigger my myself(so don't use trigger turn on/off/run).
If I make the amount of damage to be done by the spell a normal variable, which you can access with GUI, then you can set that variable to control the damage of the spell. Is this what you want?

Level 5
Request

Well, I want a spell. Not really... I want LOTS of spells. :wink:

Introduction:
I'm making a map named "Murder at a Rockband Show". So, I want some spells. Keep in mind that all spells are using Troll Trapper model.

So... Let's go to the important part:

First Spell: I want it to be a punch, but with NO target. Use cooldown.
The effects are:
:fp: When it's used it makes the character gives a punch at the air, damaging everything in area (50 AoE).
:fp: When it hits someone, the target is pushed away (not TOO away... It's like... 50 of distance)

Second Spell: It's a HARD spell to be maked. It's a Headbanger Circle. Use cooldown.
The effects are:
:fp: When used, the user can choose the area that he want to cast. (as Infernal spell)
:fp: After it's choosed, the target unit get multiplicated. (as Mirror Image effect)
:fp: Then, if there's someone inside the choosed area, this people gets hitted over time. (please make blood in the air, so, it will be more real, it's supposed to be like a guy getting hitted on a headbanger circle)

Third Spell: It's like the first one. But it's using his foots. Use cooldown.
The effects are:
:fp: When it's used it makes the character kicks the air, damaging everything in area (50 AoE).
:fp: When it hits someone, the target is pushed away (not TOO away... It's like... 50 of distance)

Forth Spell: It have the same effect as the first one. Use cooldown.
The effects are:
:fp: When it's used it makes the character push away the air. (50 AoE).
:fp: Do NOT do damage at target, it only stuns it.

If you want to do it, please do!
I will put you in credits.
Sorry for bad english... I'm brazillian.

Level 8
my spell might be a bit tricky but i would like a spell what

-sircles a target area in flames for 5 seconds dealign 10 damagea second then
-does the same thing in ice or water then
-bombards the area in rocks for a nother 5 seconds

then it makes all units who where in the area ally or enemy get cripples and also dealing 10 damage a second for 10 seconds

pwease not pjass or vjass what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.