• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Taking Spell Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Hello, I'd like to request spell:

1)Spell Name + Tooltip = Gorgons Eyes , don't know what you mean with tooltip though...

2)Spell Description = Anyone looking into the Gorgons eyes will turn to stone.

3)Extra stuff = Well i've been thinking how it should work; I was thinking perhaps if a unit is looking at gorgon, and gorgon looking at him, he gets affected by the eyes spell.
For the turn to stone effect this should do: Pause unit, Animation speed to 0% and set vertex coloring to something, that it will look like he's stone.

Can be GUI or JASS, but MUI if possible.

Thanks.

Level 17
Barathrum said:
Hello, I'd like to request spell:

1)Spell Name + Tooltip = Gorgons Eyes , don't know what you mean with tooltip though...

2)Spell Description = Anyone looking into the Gorgons eyes will turn to stone.

3)Extra stuff = Well i've been thinking how it should work; I was thinking perhaps if a unit is looking at gorgon, and gorgon looking at him, he gets affected by the eyes spell.
For the turn to stone effect this should do: Pause unit, Animation speed to 0% and set vertex coloring to something, that it will look like he's stone.

Can be GUI or JASS, but MUI if possible.

Thanks.
So this is basically the copy of IceFrog's spell for Gorgon, except with slight difference :p

Level 17
Name:Roar of Hunger
Levels:3
Description:The Cunning Warrior roars on a land dealing high amount of damage to the enemies who has been blown by each roar, and creates a barrier sorounding the land so the units in the area cannot get out.
Level 1:3 Roar, 75 Damage per roar, 200 AoE
Level 2:4 Roar, 100 Damage per roar, 250 AoE
Level 3:5 Roar, 150 Damage per roar, 300 AoE
Target Type:Target Ground(Silence,Cluster Rockets etc.)
Extra Stuff:
Icon: Btnshout
Model(Roar):Roar(Caster)
Model(Barrier):Illidan Missile

Just to make sure, it hits all units with an AOE Damage spell, for each unit in the area

Example, 5 units will trigger 5 AOE damage spells? Kinda like the ultimate ability of Earth Shaker in dota

Level 10
I would like a projectile spell.

this spell is cast when clicked and it automaticly goes stright forward (uesing the facing of the unit) and stops opon collision of the first object, weater its a unit or a pathing blocker.
if you need more infomation just ask, if you can help i will be very greatfull.

Level 4
Just to make sure, it hits all units with an AOE Damage spell, for each unit in the area

Example, 5 units will trigger 5 AOE damage spells? Kinda like the ultimate ability of Earth Shaker in dota
yes, but each unit will hit a random area at the land for damage......, like echo slam you mean?

oh and please dont forget to add the barrier so the enemies wont get out, but your allies can.

Level 4
Hi aspard i got 2 spells if you or anyone can do, as always can be GUI, VJASS, + reps for all attempts at making these spells.

Spell name : Spike Ram
The crypt lord borrows under ground and moves towards the target location, ann units above the crypt lord movement will be hit with an impale.
When crypt lord reaches his location he will emerage and unleash a ring of impales ( 350 radius, like ravage from DOTA )

Damage: all impale damage is 50 * level

Additional info: Please use the borrow animation on cryptlord

Level 6
Energy Beam (Hero Skill)
0 Mana, 2 sec Casting time, Channel
Art: Any, preferably a wide beam

The Hero charges for 2 seconds then releases a beam of energy, dealing [X * level of skill] damage per second. Drains [Y * level of skill] mana per second to maintain. If the user runs out of mana, the spell will collapse and leave the user drained, attacks dealing 20% less damage and attack/move speed reduced by 40%.

It'd be appreciated if someone could make (or recommend) an easily customizable JASS (or GUI, but JASS is preferred) spell like the above. It creates a beam of energy that deals damage in a line and can be held for as long as the unit has mana (when he hits 0 the beam stops) and has a penalty when the Hero runs out of mana while using it.

No rush in making it, if it has to be made, it's for a Hero Defense that's approaching completion, but I won't need this for a few weeks.

Level 11
To FlowerofSpeech,

Here is the map with the hero from wc3c third hero contest. The map isn't mine as far as the model etc. It isn't 1.24 compatible, but since you look like you know Jass, I hope you'll be able to fix this problem. :p

If you can't - try to find somebody, who can :) Maybe Xiliger will take it, I'm not sure... Oh, well! The reason I'm posting the map here is that one of the spells seems to be like you have requested. Channels until mana is drained. I hope, this won't be a problem for you or the man who is going to fix that to add 2 second casting time and debuff if the mana is zero. :)

Note: You can easily check the map with any earlier version of the WC3.

Attachments

• ArcaneRanger.w3x
    530.5 KB · Views: 49
Level 12
1)Spell Name
- Cluster Grenade

2)Spell Description
- The unit throws a grenade which explodes with 200 AOE and 200 Damage and when the grenade explodes, 4 smaller grenades fly out to random points within 200 radius and explode with 100 AOE and 50 Damage.
- Levels:
- 1. Big: 200 AOE & 200 DMG, Small: 100 AOE & 50 DMG
- 2. Big: 250 AOE & 250 DMG, Small: 125 AOE & 75 DMG
- 3. Big: 300 AOE & 250 DMG, Small: 150 AOE & 100 DMG

3)Extra stuff
- Destroy trees as well
- Surprise me.

Thanks in advance.

Here you go.

Level 17
@ eleljrk, I can do that, have all of em on my computer, will upload em at end of the month.

@Aspard, with holiday I meant School / University vacation. And we had heritage day(I think) and Africa day. Soz for my ambiguity.

I am almost done with the cluster grenade spell, will test it on 1.24b as soon as I update the patch(will be by tomorrow)

Level 5
Phew, finally back on the Hive. Long time since I used this spell page, but I got a spell I need. Actually, two.
Name: Living Flame
Description and effect: Basically a large fireball (archmage missile) is fired at a specific target area, with a range of 3000. The fireball speed is 800, while it travels, anything within 300 range of it is attacked by a ranged attack, just use the fireball missile, up to 3 targets could be attacked and the fireballs deal 30/40/50/60 chaos damage. When the larger fireball reaches its destination, it explodes in a 300 AOE, dealing 200/275/350/425 damage. 4 Levels

Second Spell Name: Wolf Pack
Description and effect: Summons a pack of wolves to attack enemies. Summons 3/4/5/6 wolves to attack enemies, each wolf deals 40 - 50 damage and has a 15% chance to perform 2 times the damage. Essentially, I want it so that the wolves do not need to be selected, nor commanded since they will follow the hero, and attacks whatever the hero attacks, does nothing when the hero does nothing. 4 levels

Level 6
Here is the map with the hero from wc3c third hero contest. The map isn't mine as far as the model etc. It isn't 1.24 compatible, but since you look like you know Jass, I hope you'll be able to fix this problem. :p

If you can't - try to find somebody, who can :) Maybe Xiliger will take it, I'm not sure... Oh, well! The reason I'm posting the map here is that one of the spells seems to be like you have requested. Channels until mana is drained. I hope, this won't be a problem for you or the man who is going to fix that to add 2 second casting time and debuff if the mana is zero. :)

Note: You can easily check the map with any earlier version of the WC3.

Thanks Aspard... you're wrong about me knowing JASS... I can read it and make some vague sense of the commands, but I don't know how to write it, nor would I have the expertise to correct something for 1.24, but thanks for trying.

I can probably find something though, the spell section was purged recently so there aren't any examples here to borrow from, but I can probably manage at some point. Thanks for your help.

I mean, I've found a few spells in GUI MUI format doing what I want, but they're so messy to edit (like 9 dummy units lol) - I'd be surprised if I couldn't find what I'm looking for eventually though. I'm just being lazy, trying to save myself the agony of making a tons of beam spells.

Level 11
If you found what you want - give it to me, I'll easier it very much, I swear :)

Or I can create it from scratch, but, if to be fair, I don't want to do that :p
The main problem for me will be 2 seconds casting time :)

Level 6
Ah well, casting time can be done through Channel, no problem there. And it could be dropped too, as could the penalty for reaching 0 mana, really only need a beam spell that drains mana while used, but I requested extra functionality so I could customize it more if I needed to.

Don't do it if you don't want to. I'm swamped with stuff to do so I understand, it's why my map won't be done for a few weeks despite how little work is left.

Level 7
Hey aspard, good to see this thread is active again (unlike me) but i won't be requesting a spell, wishing luck though :D

Level 11
Thanks a lot :p

EDIT: Don't have any ideas of picking up units in a line... oO
I see two possible ways: 1) Making dummy units with immolation.
2) Making dummy units and then picking enemy units around them every second.

But in both situations I face another problem in case of spawning these dummies in such a line, so it looks like a chain... If there is a way to pick up units in Jass, then I'll let Xiliger to work on with it. :)

Any other requests?

Last edited:
Level 1
Ok sry but i didn't read all the 33 pages :D, so i don't know if another man request this spell too ... sry :D
Man can you please help me with an easy ability ... i'm a beginer so it's hard for me and i don't know. I want an basic ability that blocks damage exactly like vanguard in dota ? cand you please help me ?

Level 11
Ok sry but i didn't read all the 33 pages :D, so i don't know if another man request this spell too ... sry :D
Man can you please help me with an easy ability ... i'm a beginer so it's hard for me and i don't know. I want an basic ability that blocks damage exactly like vanguard in dota ? cand you please help me ?

Vanguard in DotA isn't a triggered ability. ;)

Go to the Object Editor -> Abilities -> Night Elves.

Note: All other "names" could be a bit different from those that you have, but I'll try to be as accurate as possible.

Find in the list ability called "Stone Armor" (For more accuracy - that's a passive ability of a Stone Giant (Night Elves) - WC3FT), ability ID is "Assk" if this help you. :)

This ability is used for both Vanguard and Stout Shield. Also part of it is used for the Leviathan passive etc

Last edited:
Level 4
Hello.
U said u could help me with my custom race if i reposted my spells here.
Its a total of 3, but Foopad is workin on one of them.

1st spell:

Lightning Expand
Description: The hero creates a small circle of lightning in the casting point (ability with no target), and the circle of lightning will expand until it reaches 700 aoe. When it reaches its limit, it calls a big lightning in the center of the circle. Units can only be hit by the lightning circle once. The circle deals 350 damage, and the big lightning another 350.
Levels: 3
The only thing that changes in the 3 levels would be the cooldown and mana cost.

2nd: Foopad is working on that one too, but you can try it out.

Ice Star
Description: The hero creates a star of ice (that covers 550 aoe) under him, and all enemy units standing on the star will get slowed by 70% (movespeed) and take 90 damage per second. The star lasts 30 seconds or until there is noone on top of it.

Level 11
I saw you were satisfied with Foopad's version of the Ice Star, so I'll work only on the Lightning Expand.

Do you need a lightning sphere constructed directly from lightnings or I can use just lightning ball model (e.g. shaman's attack missile) and expand it?

The only way I see to create this (in both ways) is by picking units in range, which means that if the unit blinks into the circle, he will be damaged too. I hope, this will be okey, huh?

Level 4
hmm i dont rlly want balls of lightning.. seems rlly weird. if u can, make it like a chain lightning missile making a circle, which is a circle made of lightning, not balls.
Wat u mean with picking units in range? like not dealing dmg by the lightning itself, but by units in certain area? Also, the lightning circle should expand (notice its a circle not a sphere/ball) until it reaches 700 aoe. i think it should take 3-4 seconds till it reaches limit. the model for the big lightning in center is something i already have. Could u make it so each unit can only be hit by the circle once? then be hit by the lightning when it comes? circle dmg is 350 and big lightning is 350 too. Thx! +rep if u can make it

Level 11
Yes, yes, I understood everything except one point. You see, that's impossible to pick up units in a line around the lightning, so I'd prefer picking up units in a region every second and damage them if they haven't been damaged. But this will lead that the unit which enters area by blink spell will be damaged also, is it okay for you or what?

Hmm... I've just came up with another idea, maybe this will help... still waiting for your reply.

Level 5
Gotta ask, since I've been waiting for a few days, are my spell requests actually being worked on? lol

Name: Living Flame
Description and effect: Basically a large fireball (archmage missile) is fired at a specific target area, with a range of 3000. The fireball speed is 800, while it travels, anything within 300 range of it is attacked by a ranged attack, just use the fireball missile, up to 3 targets could be attacked and the fireballs deal 30/40/50/60 chaos damage. When the larger fireball reaches its destination, it explodes in a 300 AOE, dealing 200/275/350/425 damage. 4 Levels

Second Spell Name: Wolf Pack
Description and effect: Summons a pack of wolves to attack enemies. Summons 3/4/5/6 wolves to attack enemies, each wolf deals 40 - 50 damage and has a 15% chance to perform 2 times the damage. Essentially, I want it so that the wolves do not need to be selected, nor commanded since they will follow the hero, and attacks whatever the hero attacks, does nothing when the hero does nothing. 4 levels

Level 4
Hmm i know it would be hard to do that. so just damage units in the 700 aoe, but still make the lightning expand to 700 aoe, and when it reaches limit, call a lightning on middle. I dont really mind blinking units getting damaged, cuz i only have like 2 blink/blink strike spells in my map

Status
Not open for further replies.