• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

simple hero defense

Simple Hero Defense

Select your hero.
Survive 50 waves waves of mobs.
Defend the Castle. Use Castle abilities.
Evolve your hero.
Participate in events and earn rewards.
Beat the Final Boss.
Win. Simple.

• 22 different heroes, each with unique evolves
  • Unique waves with special mechanics
  • Boss waves every 10 levels
  • Special areas for events
  • 4 difficulties
  • 1 cinematic?
  • 2+ hours of playtime

216598-2be35c3545d5d55e91d5bd0498368068.png
216597-ecb68db4ba75a7bffd2e683c551fb6b8.png
216599-523cf80446184fe586b1641ea7e3899d.png
216600-a2dfa521945ad7aa8809c83b631416e6.png
216601-e8884d364ffca9a6545150771b480bf9.png

216602-8dffe0c1d066ec7e6f34afa67ececc41.png
Icons

Black Book - CRAZYRUSSIAN
Burning Blade - Darkfang
Helm Of Domination - PrinceYaser
EmberKnight - PrinceYaser

Models

The Lich King - Kwaliti
Gnoll Hero Druid - Direfury
Skeleton Warriors (pack I) - Villagerino
Black Legion Triumvirate - johnwar
Blue Orc Pack - Grey Knight
Revenant Covenant - Rhapsodie
Chaos Razormane - Kuhneghetz
Fire Missiles - Vinz
Hellstone Golem - Villagerino
Naga Deep Stalker - Misha
Rokhan and Shadow Hunter (Re-Classic) - johnwar
SR-6 Spider Robots Pack - Uncle Fester
ShadowInfernal - UgoUgo
Orbs of Frostcraft - Vinz
OrcBoneCollector - Sellenisko
Void Teleport - Vinz

v1.10
  • made wave timer run during boss waves
  • fixed horse losing ability after evolve
v1.09
  • made waves quicker
  • balance changes
v1.08
  • fixed major lava spawn bug
  • made certain bosses immune to stuns
  • made dark portal units temporary
v1.07
  • fixed minor feral spirit bug
v1.06
  • added more abilities for evolved units
  • reduced the revive timer to 50 seconds
  • added rewards for reaching a kill milestone
  • buffed shockwave & crushing wave
  • further balance
v1.05
  • fixed archer inventory bug
  • made tomes retain their effect after evolve
  • nerfed shockwave & crushing wave
v1.04
  • attempted desync fix (again)
  • made whisps at start invulnerable
  • other minor changes
v1.03
  • attempted desync fix
  • made orb of darkness allow attacking air
  • changed sentry ability
  • minor bug fix
Previews
Contents

simple hero defense v1.10 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Would be nice to be able to see/know the abilities of hero units before choosing them. Pretty neat map, creative use of regular game assets. Would do better with more custom scripted stuff. Approved. If you want more reviews, you should...
Level 4
Hi! We played a few times lately but there were many desync right after the start. Usually 1-2 people but sometimes even 5. That's the major problem here.

Other minor issues I noticed were water elementals stronger than archmages that summoned them, permanent stun from mountain kings (but that's ok as a mechanic I guess) and boss golems not attacking anything, just standing and doing nothing (perhaps they have short acquisition range?).

Builder can build one barricade for 5 wood, but we can buy two barricades for the same wood cost from the goblin. Weird.

It might be useful to add some description to the revive spell (the one with 250 mana) that players revive automatically and they don't need to use it. Otherwise the mana is wasted quickly.

I suggest to add more interesting spells, some are pretty... weak. Like the wolf's backstab, which is almost impossible to use (because the enemies are always facing you) and is weak as well. Or elf guard's heal, which is sometimes wasted on healing a single person over and over, even if he has only 1 hp missing, because of being attacked constantly.

The air wyvern orc wave was unbeatable with only 1 ranged hero. I suggest to add some magic orb to allow attacking air units, or make them melee. Even buying the dark orb didn't allow me to hit them.

Last edited:
Level 5
Hi! We played a few times lately but there were many desync right after the start. Usually 1-2 people but sometimes even 5. That's the major problem here.

Other minor issues I noticed were water elementals stronger than archmages that summoned them, permanent stun from mountain kings (but that's ok as a mechanic I guess) and boss golems not attacking anything, just standing and doing nothing (perhaps they have short acquisition range?).

Builder can build one barricade for 5 wood, but we can buy two barricades for the same wood cost from the goblin. Weird.

It might be useful to add some description to the revive spell (the one with 250 mana) that players revive automatically and they don't need to use it. Otherwise the mana is wasted quickly.

I suggest to add more interesting spells, some are pretty... weak. Like the wolf's backstab, which is almost impossible to use (because the enemies are always facing you) and is weak as well. Or elf guard's heal, which is sometimes wasted on healing a single person over and over, even if he has only 1 hp missing, because of being attacked constantly.

The air wyvern orc wave was unbeatable with only 1 ranged hero. I suggest to add some magic orb to allow attacking air units, or make them melee. Even buying the dark orb didn't allow me to hit them.
Thanks for the feedback! I've made changes and hopefully now the map won't desync at the start.
I also made the darkness orb allow you to attack air.
As for the Sentry's ability, I decided to make her more damage orientated.
I'm not going to touch on the creeps though, I think they're in a pretty good spot right now. There's plenty of ways to counter their mechanics.

Level 4
Thanks you for changes.
Still got desyncs at the start sometimes. Last time 3 people desynced.
People also suggested that only red should be able to use the -skip command, so other people can't abuse it.
Plus, how about making some abilities upgrade non-linearly? I tried sentry's new ability and it was pretty cool, but later did almost no damage, even upgraded a few times, since each upgrade added only +10 damage.

Level 5
Thanks you for changes.
Still got desyncs at the start sometimes. Last time 3 people desynced.
People also suggested that only red should be able to use the -skip command, so other people can't abuse it.
Plus, how about making some abilities upgrade non-linearly? I tried sentry's new ability and it was pretty cool, but later did almost no damage, even upgraded a few times, since each upgrade added only +10 damage.
Can you tell me more about those desyncs? Does it happen right when the game loads or a couple seconds after?
I have seen people crash at the loading screen too. But that was an earlier version. Does it still occur?

Level 4
Right after the loading screen ends and the game begins, tested now, two people desynced.
(I also desynced later ingame during orc waves but this might be my connection)

You might also want to make the starting wisps and characters invulnerable, some people like to kill them at the start.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Would be nice to be able to see/know the abilities of hero units before choosing them.

Pretty neat map, creative use of regular game assets. Would do better with more custom scripted stuff.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Wazzz
Alexen
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 1
Fun to watch, would be nice to be able to return to boss/special event arenas to pick up items

Level 1
I'm on version 1.35.0.19887 and the map is not showing in the game. Isn't version 1.35 supported for this map?
Please let me know how to fix this issue, I have downloaded reforged just to play this map :(