• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SharpCraft World Editor Extended Bundle

SharpCraft WEX Bundle v0.1.3.1
World Editor Extended is the successor to the Jass NewGen Pack. It is updated to work with the newest editor and includes the main features that JNGP had.

To use this, simply use the SharpCraft.Launcher and launch the "Warcraft III - World Editor (WEX)" profile or use the included "World Editor Extended.exe" to launch it directly.

Keep in mind that this is a work in progress. There are still several features missing. Features will be added in as time allows it and as they are requested. Some features might never return because the original developers are gone.

SharpCraft can be discussed in the hosted project subforum.

Semi-Complete Feature List
  • JassHelper, a vJASS compiler, that replaces the internal world editor compiler completely. No more crashes from bad code and many more features through vJASS.
  • Trigger Editor Syntax Highlight (TESH), a code syntax highlighter for the Trigger Editor, that makes coding in JASS/vJASS a breeze.
  • Grimoire Extensions (Grimex), a library of tools that extend the functionality of vJASS giving it the ability to create new objects(units, items, etc.) and more.
  • Increased/Removed various limits, like the number of doodads, destructables and more.
  • Object Id dialog, that allows you to manually set the object id when creating a new object. Want to make a hero peasent? Just copy the peasent, and when the dialog asks, just change the first letter to upper case, and he's ready.

Changelog
Code:
v0.1.3.1
* Updated to WE 1.29.0
* Updated TESH function database to have new natives ( thanks to @Abovegame )
* Fixed crash with ObjectDataExtractor when it couldn't locate Java, instead it will simply disable itself silently.
* Attempted to shorten paths, to avoid crash due to long path names.

v0.1.3.0
* Updated to WE 1.29.0 PTR - This is very experimental and have been done hastily. It should work with vJass/Wurst and TESH. Other features have been removed since they're now included in the vanilla editor.

v0.1.2.9
* Updated to WE 1.28.5

v0.1.2.8
* Updated TESH, to fix a rare bug where it would crash the editor.
* Added WurstScript experimentally, use at your own risk. WEX will not keep the same update cycle as WurstScript, so you will have to update it manually if you encounter bugs.

v0.1.2.7
* Added fix for the File Importer.

v0.1.2.6
* Updated to WE 1.28.4
* Fixed up SharpCraft to work with new editor executable name.
* Fixed up WEX to work with new editor executable name.

v0.1.2.5
* Improved extended settings with -window and -opengl options.
* Included the option to launch with a special WEX profile. This does nothing yet, but will in the future.

v0.1.2.4
* Fixed window names for TESH so it works on all languages automatically.
* Added more no-limits features, like steep cliffs and a wider range of terrain heights.

v0.1.2.3
* Updated to WE 1.28.2
* Added support for -loadfile and other parameters directly.
* Replaced TESH with TESH 2.0
* Fixed various issues across versions, should work perfectly for all supported versions now.

v0.1.1.2
* Fixed issues with enabling disabled triggers with vJASS code or missing init function.
* Added menu entries for JassHelper.

v0.1.1.1
* Updated with support for WE 1.26 and 1.27b. !!THIS IS EXPERIMENTAL!!
* Fixed a mistake introduced last update that might've made things unstable.

v0.1.1.0
* Added fix for Test Map. You can now get back to mapping!
* Updated Extended Editor Settings (allow local files)

v0.1.0.2
* Updated to WE 1.28.1 (still works for 1.27b, 1.28)
* Fixed Extended Editor Settings for Increased Map Dimensions, so 480x480 maps are back on the menu!

v0.1.0.1
* Updated to WE 1.28 (still works for 1.27b)
* Updated Extended Editor Settings (increased map dimensions)
* Fixed up Grimex(ObjectMerger, etc.)
* Improved menus a bit and removed some unused stuff.
* Removed various stuff like all the default profiles and some stuff that shouldn't have been included.

v0.1.0.0
* Initial release.
* * JassHelper
* * Trigger Editor Syntax Highlight
* * Extended Editor Settings (nolimits, custom object id, etc.)

Known Issues
Version Status
  • 1.28.5 - Tested and fully supported.
  • 1.28.4 - Tested and fully supported.
  • 1.28.3 - Skipped!
  • 1.28.2 - Tested and fully supported.
  • 1.28.1 - Tested and fully supported.
  • 1.28.0 - Tested and fully supported.
  • 1.27.1 - Tested and fully supported.
  • 1.27.0 - Tested and fully supported.
  • 1.26.0 - Tested and fully supported.
Test Instructions (for those interested in helping)
  1. Start the Editor
  2. Create a new 480x480 map
  3. Test the map to make sure test map works
  4. Open the Trigger Editor, make sure TESH is present, and add the following custom script somewhere
    1. Script to add: //! external ObjectMerger
    2. Save the map and make sure it comes up with an error about ObjectMerger arguments
  5. Open the Object Editor and create an object, making sure the object id dialog pops up.
The SharpCraft WEX Bundle should not be redistributed! The Hive Workshop is the only official source for the SharpCraft WEX Bundle!
Contents

SharpCraft WEX Bundle (0.1.3.1) (Binary)

Reviews
StoPCampinGn00b
Approved. One of the best and most essential tools a Warcraft 3 modder can have. 5/5!
Level 1
Might it be a problem with the language of your editor? I don't think French is covered, only English.
Exactly :( Is reinstalling in English version the only solution to this? I wish someone knew a way around this issue.. Q-Q

Level 3
1. Will this work for 1.26.0.6401 and Win XP?
2. And if map made with 480*480 will my 1.26 play the map?

Edit: 1. Will this work for 1.26.0.6401 and Win XP?
Make sure you have .NET 4.6.1 -> i take it as a no due to 4.6.1 req Win7+?

Edit2: If there possibility to have some older version? with req for .net for XP

Last edited:
Level 4
Maps that used to work pre-patch now start with a black screen and a blank error message with the only button being "OK" this seems to be an issue with "library" "endlibrary" functionality.

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
After debugging issue which @Dark-Zalor was facing it turned out that the cause of it was: wrong Warcraft III version. Please note that Public Test Realm does not equal Live Realms. In practice, those are two separate games.
Since WEX is not being updated towards PTR, it might not work with it correctly.

One can download official client from his/her battle.net account, Games -> Classic Games -> Warcraft III: the Frozen Throne -> Download Game Client -> (choose) Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne
- not the PTR, which has different icon anyway : )

Level 1
Does anyone know how to enable 90 Degree cliffs again?
From what I remember, you have to make an UI folder in warcraft 3 path, and put in a custom text file. Try googling "warcraft 3 editor cliff limit" kinda stuff!

Level 13
For some reason I cant save this map, specifically it says the "Detachment" triggers arn't working... Did I poorly configure it? or is it a error with WEX?
I need a response soon as my campaign needs to be finished.

Attachments

• AdvMarc2(2).w3x
    7.5 MB · Views: 103
Level 17
For some reason I cant save this map, specifically it says the "Detachment" triggers arn't working... Did I poorly configure it? or is it a error with WEX?
I need a response soon as my campaign needs to be finished.

I just try on my computer it works sorry. I think ypu have a problem on your editor, I got the version 1.31 of Sharpcraft Editor.

Level 13
I dont have any Syntax highlighting, anyone knows why?
TESH either isn't being initialized or does not exist in your WEX folder - though I really doubt about the latter. Either way, you could try to re-add it to WEX.
Download looking_for_help's tesh, extract it and replace the one in "...\WEX\profiles\Warcraft III - World Editor (WEX)\plugins\". Launch WEX and see if it works.

Level 4
I wanna start using map editor to do some stuff as a hobby, should I start with this program? I don't know jass or any programming language yet.

You don't actually need to make maps with JASS or vJASS or Wurst or w/e but I would still recommend getting WEX installed just so you can use libraries that are coded into non-JASS languages. You don't need to use those yourself, but there may come a time where you need a code resource that depends on a vJASS library like WorldBounds. Additionally it has some neat features like being able to define a unit or ability's id upon creation.

Ultimately, using WEX gives you more options. To make it work, however, for v1.3.1 you need to updated the addresses.xml. Go to the plugins folded in your Sharpcraft folder and simply overwrite it with the one updated by Bannar: SharpCraft World Editor Extended Bundle

Additionally, you'll might want to update TESH for syntax highlighting: A new TESH Syntax Highlighter for Warcraft 3 (download the attached file at the bottom of the OP). TESH is location here: SharpCraft WEX Bundle\profiles\Warcraft III - World Editor (WEX)\plugins. Simply delete the current tesh folder and replace it with the one in the zip.

Level 13
You don't actually need to make maps with JASS or vJASS or Wurst or w/e but I would still recommend getting WEX installed just so you can use libraries that are coded into non-JASS languages. You don't need to use those yourself, but there may come a time where you need a code resource that depends on a vJASS library like WorldBounds. Additionally it has some neat features like being able to define a unit or ability's id upon creation.

Ultimately, using WEX gives you more options. To make it work, however, for v1.3.1 you need to updated the addresses.xml. Go to the plugins folded in your Sharpcraft folder and simply overwrite it with the one updated by Bannar: SharpCraft World Editor Extended Bundle

Additionally, you'll might want to update TESH for syntax highlighting: A new TESH Syntax Highlighter for Warcraft 3 (download the attached file at the bottom of the OP). TESH is location here: SharpCraft WEX Bundle\profiles\Warcraft III - World Editor (WEX)\plugins. Simply delete the current tesh folder and replace it with the one in the zip.
I have the 1.3.1 version as well, I even tried trouble shooting and my Warcraft 3 is up to date.

full
Is there any fix to this?

Level 2
Hi everyone!
I've been out of the loop for some years. Is this the best tool for map editing? Last time, about 5 years ago, JNGP was the "state of the art" but now it doesn't work with the latest WC version (or is it just my problem?)
So is this the "heir" of JNGP? Is there something I need to know about the 5 years i was away? Other tools may be?
Thanks in advance.

I guess it depends on what you need from the editor. WEX is able to compile vJASS code so if you intend on using any vJASS systems/spells/etc, you're gonna need SharpCraft WEX (WEX v0.1.3.1 for Warcraft III v1.29.2). Here's a post I made a page ago about how to update WEX to work with v1.29.2.

Hope that helps.

Level 2
I guess it depends on what you need from the editor. WEX is able to compile vJASS code so if you intend on using any vJASS systems/spells/etc, you're gonna need SharpCraft WEX (WEX v0.1.3.1 for Warcraft III v1.29.2). Here's a post I made a page ago about how to update WEX to work with v1.29.2.

Hope that helps.

Oh thanks! Although.. I just tried it and it seems to work fine. Will I incur in other problems if I do not do what you wrote in your post?

Level 18
Can we get support for custom tile pathability? I believe that that's the only big thing that JNGP has (due to UMSWE) that Sharpcraft lacks, I know that you're now working at blizzard so it might be a little bit easier to implement, please I beg you, I cannot enable 24 player support and 900 food limit to my map due to this :/

I opened both editors and took screenshots for you to see, I can even give you a link to a working JNGP if you'd like

This is sharpcraft:

SaAo8cp.jpg

This is JNGP with UMSWE and extensions (whatever that is) Here you can see in the bottom that you can select buildable/walkable/flyable, this is a great solution versus using Blizzard cliffs as they blend more easily:
I2fHU6g.jpg

Last edited:
Level 18
Here's a window showing all 16 tiles
5LS1rbn.jpg

And here is a window showing where you click to access that Window:
L02tjRE.jpg

Number of objects too:
l5E7wra.jpg

By the way, the minimap itself, does not allow me to click on it to switch around the map, while the actual official editor does (and jngp does too)

Last edited:
Level 2
For some reason, my code won't compile
JASS:
globals
endglobals
thats all I wrote

Error: Unexpected end of the line

Is it because I'm using version 1.24 wc3?
If so, can u guys provide the link where i can get the patches

Last edited: