1. Are you planning to upload your awesome tool to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    July 9, 2018: The rules for the Tool Section have been revised. Please be sure to read the revisions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

SharpCraft World Editor Extended Bundle

Submitted by MindWorX
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
SharpCraft WEX Bundle v0.1.3.1
World Editor Extended is the successor to the Jass NewGen Pack. It is updated to work with the newest editor and includes the main features that JNGP had.

To use this, simply use the SharpCraft.Launcher and launch the "Warcraft III - World Editor (WEX)" profile or use the included "World Editor Extended.exe" to launch it directly.

Keep in mind that this is a work in progress. There are still several features missing. Features will be added in as time allows it and as they are requested. Some features might never return because the original developers are gone.

SharpCraft can be discussed in the hosted project subforum.

Semi-Complete Feature List
  • JassHelper, a vJASS compiler, that replaces the internal world editor compiler completely. No more crashes from bad code and many more features through vJASS.
  • Trigger Editor Syntax Highlight (TESH), a code syntax highlighter for the Trigger Editor, that makes coding in JASS/vJASS a breeze.
  • Grimoire Extensions (Grimex), a library of tools that extend the functionality of vJASS giving it the ability to create new objects(units, items, etc.) and more.
  • Increased/Removed various limits, like the number of doodads, destructables and more.
  • Object Id dialog, that allows you to manually set the object id when creating a new object. Want to make a hero peasent? Just copy the peasent, and when the dialog asks, just change the first letter to upper case, and he's ready.

Changelog
Code (Text):

v0.1.3.1
* Updated to WE 1.29.0
* Updated TESH function database to have new natives ( thanks to @Abovegame )
* Fixed crash with ObjectDataExtractor when it couldn't locate Java, instead it will simply disable itself silently.
* Attempted to shorten paths, to avoid crash due to long path names.

v0.1.3.0
* Updated to WE 1.29.0 PTR - This is very experimental and have been done hastily. It should work with vJass/Wurst and TESH. Other features have been removed since they're now included in the vanilla editor.

v0.1.2.9
* Updated to WE 1.28.5

v0.1.2.8
* Updated TESH, to fix a rare bug where it would crash the editor.
* Added WurstScript experimentally, use at your own risk. WEX will not keep the same update cycle as WurstScript, so you will have to update it manually if you encounter bugs.

v0.1.2.7
* Added fix for the File Importer.

v0.1.2.6
* Updated to WE 1.28.4
* Fixed up SharpCraft to work with new editor executable name.
* Fixed up WEX to work with new editor executable name.

v0.1.2.5
* Improved extended settings with -window and -opengl options.
* Included the option to launch with a special WEX profile. This does nothing yet, but will in the future.

v0.1.2.4
* Fixed window names for TESH so it works on all languages automatically.
* Added more no-limits features, like steep cliffs and a wider range of terrain heights.

v0.1.2.3
* Updated to WE 1.28.2
* Added support for -loadfile and other parameters directly.
* Replaced TESH with TESH 2.0
* Fixed various issues across versions, should work perfectly for all supported versions now.

v0.1.1.2
* Fixed issues with enabling disabled triggers with vJASS code or missing init function.
* Added menu entries for JassHelper.

v0.1.1.1
* Updated with support for WE 1.26 and 1.27b. !!THIS IS EXPERIMENTAL!!
* Fixed a mistake introduced last update that might've made things unstable.

v0.1.1.0
* Added fix for Test Map. You can now get back to mapping!
* Updated Extended Editor Settings (allow local files)

v0.1.0.2
* Updated to WE 1.28.1 (still works for 1.27b, 1.28)
* Fixed Extended Editor Settings for Increased Map Dimensions, so 480x480 maps are back on the menu!

v0.1.0.1
* Updated to WE 1.28 (still works for 1.27b)
* Updated Extended Editor Settings (increased map dimensions)
* Fixed up Grimex(ObjectMerger, etc.)
* Improved menus a bit and removed some unused stuff.
* Removed various stuff like all the default profiles and some stuff that shouldn't have been included.

v0.1.0.0
* Initial release.
* * JassHelper
* * Trigger Editor Syntax Highlight
* * Extended Editor Settings (nolimits, custom object id, etc.)
Known Issues
Version Status
  • 1.28.5 - Tested and fully supported.
  • 1.28.4 - Tested and fully supported.
  • 1.28.3 - Skipped!
  • 1.28.2 - Tested and fully supported.
  • 1.28.1 - Tested and fully supported.
  • 1.28.0 - Tested and fully supported.
  • 1.27.1 - Tested and fully supported.
  • 1.27.0 - Tested and fully supported.
  • 1.26.0 - Tested and fully supported.
Test Instructions (for those interested in helping)
  1. Start the Editor
  2. Create a new 480x480 map
  3. Test the map to make sure test map works
  4. Open the Trigger Editor, make sure TESH is present, and add the following custom script somewhere
    1. Script to add: //! external ObjectMerger
    2. Save the map and make sure it comes up with an error about ObjectMerger arguments
  5. Open the Object Editor and create an object, making sure the object id dialog pops up.
The SharpCraft WEX Bundle should not be redistributed! The Hive Workshop is the only official source for the SharpCraft WEX Bundle!
Contents

SharpCraft WEX Bundle (0.1.3.1) (Binary)

Reviews
StoPCampinGn00b
Approved. One of the best and most essential tools a Warcraft 3 modder can have. 5/5!
  1. Unregret

Unregret

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I...I see you!!!

2. a-mexi-taco

a-mexi-taco

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think I found a bug :(. When you go to save a region to a hash table, when you click the region name to select it WE crashes. I tested it on a blank new map and it did the same. :eek: Maybe it's just me though?

3. MindWorX

MindWorX

Resources:
    Tools:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I'll try and confirm this and check if it's something new.

4. Wadjet

Wadjet

Resources:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    @MindWorX Do you have any plans to implement the 16 tile limit from JNGP, and the Game Interface extensions that allows you to edit the tooltips for Move, Attack and Hero Abilities etc?

5. ChinChopperChinChopper!(

ChinChopperChinChopper!(

Resources:
    Resources:
    I liked the program, it helps me edit some things in jass, even though I know nothing of it, and it increases tree amounts! :D
    But the map does not automatically open on it. I need to open it and then open the map. It would be nice if you put it on.

... EDIT ...
    (7/13/17)

Well, this new patch update made some wex errors appear.
    1 - I can no longer create maps with more than 256 x 256 (My map is bigger, and whenever I try to change the description an error occurs and cuts a large part of the map)
    2 - no longer displays ID in Object Editor when I create a new unit

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  6. 4rankie

4rankie

Resources:
    Resources:
    so i just noticed you updated it recently decided to update it from when i first downloaded a about 2-3 months ago do i downloaded the new one and now any map i try to open just crashes the editor even the new one i have tried running as admin fresh install still does not work. I can still open my map and start new maps with old JNGP is there something new im suppose to do.

edit: Just realized my wc3 needed to be updated lets hope that fixes it

7. Harmtouch

Harmtouch

Resources:
    Resources:
    When I disable a custom trigger in GUI and try to re-enable it, it pops up syntax errors and immediately disables the trigger again. Is this a bug or am I just doing something stupid?

8. KILLCIDE

KILLCIDE

Administrator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Probably the latter. Syntax errors, most of the time, means that you are doing something wrong.

What are the errors?

9. Harmtouch

Harmtouch

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't have any actual syntax errors as it works perfectly fine when the trigger is enabled. It only gives me the errors when I try to re-enable it. I think it's trying to compile the straight vJass or something? That's what appears in the window.

10. KILLCIDE

KILLCIDE

Administrator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The editor automatically disables triggers that have errors in it. I'm asking you what the errors are.

11. Harmtouch

Harmtouch

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's giving a bunch of: 'Expected end of line', 'Expected a reserved type or handle type', 'Expected a code statement', etc.

Attached Files:

• Test.jpg
      Test.jpg
      File size:
      223.5 KB
      Views:
  12. KILLCIDE

KILLCIDE

Administrator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ahh sounds like this.

13. Harmtouch

Harmtouch

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ah thanks. It seems like extracting a new install fixed it (although not sure what changed as I didn't mess with anything in the install).

14. CAAentertainment

CAAentertainment

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm trying to look up where and most importantly, what, all these features for Sharpcraft are coming from. I'm quite new to this scene, and I'm wondering what the following exactly is...

IS all the Complier stuff under Wurstscript apart of it? Or they separate in themselves?
    What does Enable OpenGL even do?
    How does Script Optimization help?
    Is there anything in Sharpcraft that decreases the time it takes to Save the Map? (Especially for Large maps.)

15. MindWorX

MindWorX

Resources:
    Tools:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    WEX comes with two compilers, JassHelper/vJASS and Wurst/WurstScript. By default JassHelper is enabled and WurstScript is disabled.
    The WurstScript folder has all the parts for the WurstScript compiler and the LegacyNewGen folder has JassHelper.
    It's sends along the -opengl commandline argument that switches from Direct3D to OpenGL which is useful for some people.
    For that, you'll need to look at the manual for the compiler you're using.
    Nothing yet, but it has been requested, although the different things I've tried haven't had much success yet.

16. pOke

pOke

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Is there a setting to mute editor sounds?

I cannot seem to find it

17. KILLCIDE

KILLCIDE

Administrator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    File -> Preferences -> Sound

18. micca

micca

Resources:
    Resources:
    Will you add UMSWE to this? I cannot continue to work on my map without it and I cannot run JNGP.

19. moyackx

moyackx

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Man , you're fucked up until the new author can get this working again.

20. lll_Kirito_lll

lll_Kirito_lll

Resources:
    Resources: