• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SharpCraft World Editor Extended Bundle

SharpCraft WEX Bundle v0.1.3.1
World Editor Extended is the successor to the Jass NewGen Pack. It is updated to work with the newest editor and includes the main features that JNGP had.

To use this, simply use the SharpCraft.Launcher and launch the "Warcraft III - World Editor (WEX)" profile or use the included "World Editor Extended.exe" to launch it directly.

Keep in mind that this is a work in progress. There are still several features missing. Features will be added in as time allows it and as they are requested. Some features might never return because the original developers are gone.

SharpCraft can be discussed in the hosted project subforum.

Semi-Complete Feature List
  • JassHelper, a vJASS compiler, that replaces the internal world editor compiler completely. No more crashes from bad code and many more features through vJASS.
  • Trigger Editor Syntax Highlight (TESH), a code syntax highlighter for the Trigger Editor, that makes coding in JASS/vJASS a breeze.
  • Grimoire Extensions (Grimex), a library of tools that extend the functionality of vJASS giving it the ability to create new objects(units, items, etc.) and more.
  • Increased/Removed various limits, like the number of doodads, destructables and more.
  • Object Id dialog, that allows you to manually set the object id when creating a new object. Want to make a hero peasent? Just copy the peasent, and when the dialog asks, just change the first letter to upper case, and he's ready.

Changelog
Code:
v0.1.3.1
* Updated to WE 1.29.0
* Updated TESH function database to have new natives ( thanks to @Abovegame )
* Fixed crash with ObjectDataExtractor when it couldn't locate Java, instead it will simply disable itself silently.
* Attempted to shorten paths, to avoid crash due to long path names.

v0.1.3.0
* Updated to WE 1.29.0 PTR - This is very experimental and have been done hastily. It should work with vJass/Wurst and TESH. Other features have been removed since they're now included in the vanilla editor.

v0.1.2.9
* Updated to WE 1.28.5

v0.1.2.8
* Updated TESH, to fix a rare bug where it would crash the editor.
* Added WurstScript experimentally, use at your own risk. WEX will not keep the same update cycle as WurstScript, so you will have to update it manually if you encounter bugs.

v0.1.2.7
* Added fix for the File Importer.

v0.1.2.6
* Updated to WE 1.28.4
* Fixed up SharpCraft to work with new editor executable name.
* Fixed up WEX to work with new editor executable name.

v0.1.2.5
* Improved extended settings with -window and -opengl options.
* Included the option to launch with a special WEX profile. This does nothing yet, but will in the future.

v0.1.2.4
* Fixed window names for TESH so it works on all languages automatically.
* Added more no-limits features, like steep cliffs and a wider range of terrain heights.

v0.1.2.3
* Updated to WE 1.28.2
* Added support for -loadfile and other parameters directly.
* Replaced TESH with TESH 2.0
* Fixed various issues across versions, should work perfectly for all supported versions now.

v0.1.1.2
* Fixed issues with enabling disabled triggers with vJASS code or missing init function.
* Added menu entries for JassHelper.

v0.1.1.1
* Updated with support for WE 1.26 and 1.27b. !!THIS IS EXPERIMENTAL!!
* Fixed a mistake introduced last update that might've made things unstable.

v0.1.1.0
* Added fix for Test Map. You can now get back to mapping!
* Updated Extended Editor Settings (allow local files)

v0.1.0.2
* Updated to WE 1.28.1 (still works for 1.27b, 1.28)
* Fixed Extended Editor Settings for Increased Map Dimensions, so 480x480 maps are back on the menu!

v0.1.0.1
* Updated to WE 1.28 (still works for 1.27b)
* Updated Extended Editor Settings (increased map dimensions)
* Fixed up Grimex(ObjectMerger, etc.)
* Improved menus a bit and removed some unused stuff.
* Removed various stuff like all the default profiles and some stuff that shouldn't have been included.

v0.1.0.0
* Initial release.
* * JassHelper
* * Trigger Editor Syntax Highlight
* * Extended Editor Settings (nolimits, custom object id, etc.)

Known Issues
Version Status
  • 1.28.5 - Tested and fully supported.
  • 1.28.4 - Tested and fully supported.
  • 1.28.3 - Skipped!
  • 1.28.2 - Tested and fully supported.
  • 1.28.1 - Tested and fully supported.
  • 1.28.0 - Tested and fully supported.
  • 1.27.1 - Tested and fully supported.
  • 1.27.0 - Tested and fully supported.
  • 1.26.0 - Tested and fully supported.
Test Instructions (for those interested in helping)
  1. Start the Editor
  2. Create a new 480x480 map
  3. Test the map to make sure test map works
  4. Open the Trigger Editor, make sure TESH is present, and add the following custom script somewhere
    1. Script to add: //! external ObjectMerger
    2. Save the map and make sure it comes up with an error about ObjectMerger arguments
  5. Open the Object Editor and create an object, making sure the object id dialog pops up.
The SharpCraft WEX Bundle should not be redistributed! The Hive Workshop is the only official source for the SharpCraft WEX Bundle!
Contents

SharpCraft WEX Bundle (0.1.3.1) (Binary)

Reviews
StoPCampinGn00b
Approved. One of the best and most essential tools a Warcraft 3 modder can have. 5/5!
So does that mean we can just copy TESH and put it into wc3?

It should be enough to ensure the dll gets loaded on start-up. However, I don't know how JNGP/WEX managed to do this.

JNGP used custom .exe that automatically injected .dll

I'm not sure, but maybe same can be done for current .exe? Or maybe we can use JNGP's?

The lack of scripting features is simply embarrassing. If they are too lazy to implement their features, why not just use our ones that lasted for ages now.

Level 14
So does that mean we can just copy TESH and put it into wc3?

Not directly, some additional work is neccessary. But it is possible to create an executable that loads all the TESH stuff. Would however be slower than normally, since TESH would then run in an own process.

I'm not sure, but maybe same can be done for current .exe?

Probably, but this is beyond my scope.

Last edited:
Level 2
I want to ask some questions regarding to this tool. Pardon if I have done anything upseting or wrong. Is this world editor compatible with Warcraft III v1.28.5? I have heard some troubles about latest versions of the game that indeed troubles me, and thus I am unwilling to use them. Furthermore, I wish to try to begin modding once again, after all the long time. Tell me; if it is, then I will start to pick this up, if not, well it seems that my modding time has come to an end. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
The Emperor of Humans

I want to ask some questions regarding to this tool. Pardon if I have done anything upseting or wrong. Is this world editor compatible with Warcraft III v1.28.5? I have heard some troubles about latest versions of the game that indeed troubles me, and thus I am unwilling to use them. Furthermore, I wish to try to begin modding once again, after all the long time. Tell me; if it is, then I will start to pick this up, if not, well it seems that my modding time has come to an end. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
The Emperor of Humans

If you look at the main post it says it works until version 1.29, 1.30+ is no longer supported.

Level 2
If you look at the main post it says it works until version 1.29, 1.30+ is no longer supported.

Ah, is that so? Well then, maybe it is an omen for me to start the forgery of map making once again, given that this version is compatible with Warcraft III of mine. Anyways, thank you for your answer.

Regards,
The Emperor of Humans

Level 11
It is no longer being worked on. Its creator is currently working with blizzard to bring its features and more to the standard editor.

Level 7
Hello,
At one point I used to be able to work this which I was able to continue my campaign work. However I am facing a challenge, cannot get it to initiate. Despite running as admin. I need help so I can continue. I have been searching for a solution like a madman to no success... Someone please help me!!!

Hello,
At one point I used to be able to work this which I was able to continue my campaign work. However I am facing a challenge, cannot get it to initiate. Despite running as admin. I need help so I can continue. I have been searching for a solution like a madman to no success... Someone please help me!!!

This only works on patches 1.26 to 1.29.

Level 5
So in wake of the disaster that was brought on the community by Reforged, and as far as I know MindWorX still working for Blizzard, what now?
It looks like the promise of official WE being better than SharpCraft WEX was broken, or atleast not fulfiled at the date it was supposed to be. What do we do now? Stick to 1.29 and use this? Stick to latest pre-reforged version and use official WE? Work with Reforged WE and wait the storm out?

Level 1
Hi,

Is there a way to get an older version of this tool? I have warcraft 3 ver 1.26. Whenever I compile with the latest sharpcraft editor version I get a bunch of syntex/compiler error messages. I believe it's related to the version of this tool.

Level 15
Level 6
It seems like JassHelper is not working when working with globals or library. Any idea how to fix this?

Attachments

• diagnostics-20200827.txt
    242.2 KB · Views: 50
  • log-20200827.debug.txt
    236.2 KB · Views: 48
  • log-20200827.txt
    236.2 KB · Views: 54
Level 3
Hmm it the .exe basically runs what WE already does , does it work on cracked version ? because blizzard new WE takes longer load time and has no campaign

Level 14
It would be for the best if it atleast was updated for one last time to 1.30.1/1.30.4 for 24 players, its still not changed internally as much as 1.31.1 and Reforged did. If one has a 24 player map then its impossible to downgrade anymore.

Level 2
Is this working with WC3 Reforged as well? Forgive me if I'm saying something wrong, but I'm absolutely new to this forum ^^!

Level 10
Hi,
Can anyone provide the old version v1.2.9 for me?
thx
You can find all old versions of war3 here:

Level 7

TESH works for Reforged, just give this a download, follow the instructions for Reforged and then run the editor from the folder.

Level 13
Im trying to get WEX to work with this Codeless Save and Load (Multiplayer) - v3.0.1
I have it on 1.29.2 and working fine with the newest address file, but i added some natives to the common.j file but it didn't seem to work.

It seems it is in this directory \SharpCraft World Editor\profiles\Warcraft III - World Editor (WEX)\plugins\WurstScript\WurstScript\common.j
But that doesn't seem to affect it, when i save the demo map it still generates a new common.j and new blizzard.j file each time in \SharpCraft World Editor\profiles\Warcraft III - World Editor (WEX)\plugins\temp and that common.j is 175KB and should be almost 2x that file size.

My question is where is it getting that new 175KB common file in the temp folder if i added the natives to the main common.j or did I not edit the right one? it seems to be the only one within the WEX folder structure.
How can i get TriggerHappys demo map to save correctly using this? I'd rather not use njgp in 1.21
Thanks for any help.

MindWorX

Tool Moderator
Level 20
Im trying to get WEX to work with this Codeless Save and Load (Multiplayer) - v3.0.1
I have it on 1.29.2 and working fine with the newest address file, but i added some natives to the common.j file but it didn't seem to work.

It seems it is in this directory \SharpCraft World Editor\profiles\Warcraft III - World Editor (WEX)\plugins\WurstScript\WurstScript\common.j
But that doesn't seem to affect it, when i save the demo map it still generates a new common.j and new blizzard.j file each time in \SharpCraft World Editor\profiles\Warcraft III - World Editor (WEX)\plugins\temp and that common.j is 175KB and should be almost 2x that file size.

My question is where is it getting that new 175KB common file in the temp folder if i added the natives to the main common.j or did I not edit the right one? it seems to be the only one within the WEX folder structure.
How can i get TriggerHappys demo map to save correctly using this? I'd rather not use njgp in 1.21
Thanks for any help.
You need to import the custom common.j in the map itself if you want WEX to use it. The way WEX is designed, it should first check the map for a file and then otherwise it checks the mpqs. The one in WurstScript isn't being used by WEX, most likely it is being used by Wurst if you were to use that.

Level 13
You need to import the custom common.j in the map itself if you want WEX to use it. The way WEX is designed, it should first check the map for a file and then otherwise it checks the mpqs. The one in WurstScript isn't being used by WEX, most likely it is being used by Wurst if you were to use that.
oh dang really? i need to import the 352KB common.j file into the map? or just those new custom natives i need in the common.j?
What is the file path it needs to be when importing it into the map? I tried and it still wont save with those errors saying it doesnt have those natives.

will it not work if i just delete everything out of the common.j thats native already to 1.29.2 and just have the added stuff i need for the map?

Last edited: