• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Second Human Book of Arkain (Patch 1.29.2 or newer!)

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
arkain_2020_x200-png.369838

! No longer updated !
Check out the
True Story of Arkain for updates !

full

A Campaign Series made by Shar Dundred

! Requires Version 1.29.2 or newer !
You are not allowed to publish any edited version of any Arkain map! This includes but is not limited to Reforged edits!

Story

Betrayed, invaded, defeated.... The Humans of the Empire suffered greatly in their fight against the Demons. They have now lost another kingdom in the war against the Demons and the inner conflicts are just about to start. Only a strong hand and leadership can lead them to victory against these odds.
Command the cruel General Gardon Bloodclaw and unite the estranged factions of the Empire by any means necessary. Withstand your enemies, both inside and outside, and face the horrifying Demons.
The question is... how far are you willing to go for absolute victory? Will you have to sacrifice your humanity in order to achieve victory? Only time will tell.

Campaign Series Info

The Legends of Arkain is a campaign series which takes place on the world Arkain.
The races of Arkain fight against the demon invaders, who try once again to enslave every being on Arkain. The Humans, the Orcs and the Undead will have to make a stand against them... or face complete annihilation or enslavement by the Demons.
This campaign series will consist of actually three different series. There will be a Human, an Orc and an Undead campaign series. They will all run in the same timeline but will present three different stories and outcomes. When they are all finished, it's completely up to you, who wins this conflict.
Those, who win the war, will write the history.

You like the campaign?
Click here to see the progress of the series!

Click here for the First Human Book!
Click here for the First Orc Book!
Click here for the First Undead Book!

Click here for the Second Orc Book!
Click here for the Second Undead Book!

Let's Play made by @Jayborino!
Features

- Three different storylines/campaign series
Take control of one of the three factions, the proud Humans of the Empire, the plundering and strong Orc Clans or the mysterious Undead Nexus and their endless army of the dead, and face the demonic invasion as well as other struggles that await you.
- New units
Command units, you already know, as well as completely new units with new upgrades and abilities.
- Decide the fate of Arkain
At some points of the campaigns, you'll have the opportunity to decide things, that affect the storyline, characters and sometimes even the chapters you play or how you have to play them. By doing or, well, not doing certain side quests, you can also affect the campaign.
- Three difficulties
You can play the campaign in either easy, normal or hard difficulty, just like in the original WC3 campaigns. It will impact on the AI difficulty and scripting as well as other minor changes.
In easy version, for example, the AI won't rebuilt lost buildings.

- Full Jass AI
In this campaign series, every single AI is written in Jass instead of being created with the AI editor. This makes the AI more intelligent.
- Universal hotkeys
All abilities, units and buildings use QWER hotkeys.
- Race Mechanics
Every available race has its own unique race mechanic to improve gameplay - and, in some cases, to add new ways influencing the story.

Characters

full
General Gardon Bloodclaw
General Gardon is the most ruthless and merciless general in the Empire. He is known for using every available weapon against his enemies without showing any pardon. His background is a mystery. He simply appeared out of nowhere and became general. He proved very fast, that he got that position for a good reason, destroying the enemies of the Empire with fast, merciless effectiveness. He is the commander of the Ironfist, an elite force of the Empire, which often carries out top secret missions for the Emperor himself. According to rumors, Gardon himself enjoys the favor of the Emperor - much to the frustration of many higher-ranking Imperials. Yet none would dare make a move against him, as in the past, such attempts ended in disaster.
The fact that Gardon was forced to retreat because the inner conflicts of the Imperials had weakened them too much, infuriated him a great deal and he longs for a chance to take revenge on the traitors.

full
Admiral Merlon Seabright
Both in the Imperial and Royal Fleets, Admiral Merlon Seabright is a living legend. It is said that he was the captain of the ship that killed the Terror of Feraldir, a gigantic, demonic sea monster that had terrorized ships for thousands of years. Merlon dislikes staying on the shore for longer than absolutely necessary, for the sea is his true home. He is said to have been a critic and even an enemy of Gardon Bloodclaw until the two of them were assigned to a special mission. After that mission, Merlon remained silent about Gardon and even proclaimed to assist Gardon whenever he was needed.
Today, he is Gardon's most loyal ally who is not part of the Ironfist.

full
Larine the Exile
Larine used to be the personal guard and a good friend of the elven queen. However, she began criticizing the fact that the Elves were hiding in their woods instead of fighting side-by-side with the Imperials and Dwarves. She blamed the Queen for the fact that the Elves were despised by many of the Humans who had been forced by their surperiors to defend them. She left the Elven Kingdom and was later exiled. She went to the court of King Dorten of Kerrel and started working for him, gaining his respect. Trained in both archery and nature magic, she is ready to fulfill her surperior's every command.

full
Lady Cora Redfist
Following her father's wishes reluctantly, Cora joined the Imperial Army instead of continuing her studies in the Imperial Academy. Having proven herself as a valuable asset of the army, she was given the offer of joining the Imperial Navy. She had always loved the sea and knowing that the Imperial Navy would enable her to progress further in her studies of water magic, Cora accepted the offer and became a member of the navy, later serving as the liaison officer between the Imperial Navy and the Golden Guard.
Over time, she developed a certain dislike for Renald van Durce, the general of the Golden Guard, considering him arrogant beyond measure.

full
Lord Brian the Fallen
Long ago, before the Empire had set sail over the sea, Lord Brian was a high-ranking member of the Emperor's court. People were afraid of the lord in dark armor who was said to study the forbidden dark arts of Shadow Magic. One day, he and his family disappeared without any trace of their whereabouts. Since he didn't return after many years, people started to believe he had died. However, in truth, he had discovered ancient secrets and power. Whatever happened to him, it made him immortal and gave him unknown power and knowledge. It remains a mystery what he has done over the past centuries.

full
High Lord Inquisitor Renald van Durce
Being one of seven younger brothers of the former emperor and therefore one of the uncles of the current Emperor, Renald could have lived a peaceful life of luxury in the Imperial palace. However, he loathed his other brethren for letting the luxury make them become lazy and corrupt. Becoming a great warrior-priest and leader, he himself led the final assault that removed all Demons from the continent of the Empire. Renald had always been arrogant, but his success made it even worse. However, his loyalty towards the Emperor is almost limitless and only the Emperor himself can command van Durce. Whenever he and his Golden Guard are sent on a mission, the Emperor sends his finest, most loyal and most arrogant soldiers.
His full title is:
High Lord of the Imperial Court, Lord Inquisitor of the Order of the Righteous, Lord Consultant of the Emperor, General of the Golden Guard.

Click here to learn more about the other characters!

full

171388-albums8729-picture107345.jpg

171388-albums8729-picture107346.jpg

171388-albums8729-picture107347.jpg

171388-albums8729-picture107348.jpg

full

full

Initial Release

General:
- After finding out what caused the game to crash in the current iteration of 1.30, I fixed the Angelic unit, selecting it should no longer cause any crashes (Don't worry, I have fixed this with a 1.29 iteration, you do not have to update to the latest patch and I still advise against doing that, but those of you who already patched should be better off now)
- Increased the durability of Lord Brian the Fallen
- Armor of the Holy Bastion now also increases the hit points by 500 in addition to its 15 armor bonus
- Fixed Spears of Pain icon

Chapter Twelve:
- Added Resistant Skin for the Purificator in both A and B

Chapter Thirteen:
- Increased hit points of Krogar the Conqueror by 500

General:
- Replaced Krogar's Stampede with The Horde, summoning a group of permanent Moghtar warriors
- Praxeus gained the Memory of the Past ability
- Plating no longer increases armor and reflects damage, instead it now reduces all inflicted damage
- Lord of the Shadows no longer splits Brian, instead it allows him to summon up to four permanent Shadow Creatures from corpses
- The amount of trainable Black Dragons is no longer limited to 2, go train more, go nuts
- Replaced Horgar's Barrier ability with Lightning Rune, summoning a rune that attacks enemies
- Changed the model for the Healing Rune
- Horgar and Zarin have both received Spell Resistance
- Changed Gardon's title from Butcher to Warmonger
- Gardon and Praxeus now both have a new permanent item

Chapter Seven:
- Changed a few epilogue lines for the Undead if Larine becomes queen

Chapter Eleven A and B:
- Slightly edited and fixed some dialogues
- Added new dialogues

Chapter Eleven A:
- Fixed the issue with Zarin's portrait not appearing when speaking

Chapter Eleven B:
- Added more enemy Black Dragons and Black Drakes to make sniping the enemy bases with Destructors less efficient

Chapter Twelve A and B:
- Removed the lines coming from the three liches in the intro cinematic

Chapter Fourteen A:
- Salana and Larine may both now call on the Elven Forces (Salana may even call upon a certain hero if she is still alive)

Prelude:
- Adjusted the lines at the beginning of the map regarding the choice system from the First Human Book

General:
- Fixed the description of the Old Amulet

Chapter Nine:
- Praxeus should now start with his proper item, the Old Amulet, rather than the Ring of the Exile

General:
- Fixed the tooltip of Lightning Rune
- Vail's leadership bonus now correctly states that the increase is permanent
- The campaign no longer uses the latest melee patch due to several balance changes messing up things, a few unit changes still apply to the campaign however
- New icon for the Bowman
- Increased the hit points of Knights to 840
- Some grammar fixes
- Dark Secrets now displays the duration
- Fixed the hotkey for Lord of the Shadows

Prelude:
- Fixed the issue with the prelude finishing too early

Interlude Two:
- Fixed the skipping issues related to this cinematic

Chapter Nine:
- The hotkey for sending Marin lumber has been removed

Chapter Thirteen:
- Fixed the tooltip for Korgar's ultimate

Chapter Fourteen A:
- The hint now tells you that Salana/Larine can also summon a wave of allies

Chapter Fourteen B:
- The Old Amulet item should no longer lie on the ground

General:
- New upgrade "Skull Shield" available from Chapter Seven on

Chapter Eight:
- Replaced most units of the Order of the Flame with new, Order-specific ones

Chapter Five:
- Replaced the hero in the yellow base with a weaker hero to decrease difficulty

General:
- Upkeep reworked: Low Upkeep now gives you 8 instead of 7 gold and High Upkeep now gives you 6 instead of 4 gold

Chapter Seven:
- The items you get from Larine if you chose Salana are now the ones from Chapter Six instead of Chapter Five

Chapter Twelve:
- Replaced the building models used by the Dominion to better showcase their new organisation
- Changed the names of some edited buildings

Chapter Thirteen:
- New model for Orie Redfist
- New model for Red Mages

Chapter Fourteen A:
- Replaced the building models used by the Ironfist to better showcase their new organisation
- Replaced the models used by Peasants and Militia
- Changed the names of some edited buildings

General:
- Most maps now have their own unique loading screen made by @Rhapsodie

General:
- Shieldbearer Changes:
* Decreased the damage dealt by Shieldbearers by 3
* Decreased hit points from 1500 to 1100
* Increased food cost from 4 to 5
- Reduced the movement speed of Warmechs in air form
- Increased the food cost of Black Dragons from 8 to 10
- All workers now start with Repair activated automatically
- New model & icon for Sir Praxeus "The Holy Bastion" Braelon
- New icon for the Order of the Holy Bastion leadership bonus

General:
- Several tweaks and fixes (including changes that fix some bugs caused by newer Blizzard patches)
- Changed & Replaced several unit types and hero models to fit their kingdom/faction
- New models for Thanok & Claire (courtesy of @deepstrasz)
- New model for Shieldbearers (courtesy of @HerrDave)

Chapter Eight:
- Replaced Brutes with Firestarters

General:
- New model for Duke Redfist (courtesy of @Rhapsodie)

General:
- New model for Sir Jay Bubblerino (courtesy of @deepstrasz )

Chapter Eleven:
- Fixed the loading screen of Chapter Eleven

General:
- Fixed the food cost for Black Dragons (was 8, should have been 10)
- Fixed the button positions of Dragonhawk Riders and their Cloud upgrade

Models & Skins:
Blizzard Entertainment
67chrome
epsilon
Wandering Soul
infrenus
Tauer
AndrewOverload519
Mephestrial
Dojo
PrMosquito
Hawkwing
Em!
dickxunder
acagnip
Uncle Fester
Frankster
Mc !
IamMclovin
AhhFreshWeeD
Sin'dorei300
Elenai
Kuhneghetz
CloudWolf
alreadyused
Dark Hunter1357
Dmitry Rommel
Kitabatake
Shar Dundred
RazorClawX
Uljimasa Hojo
eXciTe
Sellenisko
frostwolf
-Grendel
Skipper
Deolrin
gookywooky
Callahan
BlinkBoy
Hueter
Coinblin
supertoinkz
SuPa-
Tarrasque
Power
Afronight_76
chr2
olofmoleman
imforfun
Deolrin
Pyramidhe@d
HerrDave
Meteor_demon
kangyun
Kael Theron
PROXY
JetFangInferno
JesusHipster
Makoodzaka
Rizz_Boomer
Arowanna
Rhapsodie
deepstrasz

Icons:
Blizzard Entertainment
Uncle Fester
CloudWolf
xylign
SkriK
CRAZYRUSSIAN
Darkfang
GreyArchon
67chrome
Fjury
PrMosquito
INSEKT
Muoteck
dickxunder
Frankster
CloudWolf
Kuhneghetz
Elenai
Heinvers
Shar Dundred
Uljimasa Hojo
SinisterX
Darkfang
Hemske
Palaslayer
NFWar
Hellx-Magnus
Justicebringer
Sin'dorei300
sigelang
Mr.Goblin
Mythic
antihero
Sellenisko
-ToasT
jigrael
Just_Spectating
APproject
Pins
Eagle XI
kangyun
-Grendel
BLazeKraze
Mc !
Kael Theron
Stanakin
JollyD
The_Silent
-Berz-
chr2
olofmoleman
San
Scias
Akolyt0r
Peekay
Edge45
ChevronSeven
4eNNightmare
Arowanna

Music:
Bastian Kieslinger - Tears of the Mire (used in Interlude Four)

Campaign Preview Screen:
Heinvers

Campaign Logo:
Mythic

Loading Screens:
Rhapsodie

Campaign Chief Development Tester and Grammar Genius:
Kasrkin

Additional Testing:
Championfighter25

Terrain Improvement:
Imperator (Prologue, Chapter Four, Nine, Eleven, Twelve)
Heinvers (Chapter Three & Chapter Eight)

Everything else made by:
Shar Dundred

First Supporters:
Theoden of KoMe
Chen
youness
Kasrkin
kakuzu
BandolXD
Heinvers
Imperator
Veritas 117
PlankingWolf

Please contact me via PM if I forgot to give you credit for your resource!

To Blizzard Entertainment for this great game.
To Turnro whose great campaigns inspired me to revive this old project.
To Jayborino for his enjoyable let's play projects of the Arkain series!
To all who supported this project!
To all who reported bugs and gave/give constructive feedback both during and after the development!
And very many special thanks to Kasrkin, who supported the creation of this project in many, even countless ways!

Feel free to post your suggestions, opinions and questions!
Please report any bugs!

Keywords:
Arkain, Legends, Legends of Arkain, LoA, campaign, series, Gardon
Contents

Legends of Arkain Second Human Book (Campaign)

Reviews
2016-04-10 Rufus: Rufus ReviewMap ScoreGameplay:25 / 30Aesthetics:20 / 20Total:45 / 50 Rating Chart 45-505/5 Highly Recommended35-444/5 Recommended25-343/5 Useful15-242/5 Lacking0-141/5 Unacceptable Gameplay That was one damn good first...
StoPCampinGn00b
Restricted under author request / work in progress rule.

Pick your favorite character

• Total voters
Level 16
I've played this before and I gotta say great job RedCrusader, you've made a real masterpiece!

The only "problem" I have with this campaign is that some missions are too hard, I remember I couldn't get past the 3rd or 4th mission, I would suggest you tone things down on easy difficulty so that those of us who are not exactly experts at warcraft can beat your amazing campaign.

Level 16
I was re-playing this and I realized that the mission where you had to rescue Gardon which everyone is complaining about would've been a hell of a lot easier if you had access to all those ironfist units you get to play with in the next chapter, I mean the fighters, marksman, and overseers can last much longer in battle than their counterparts you use in the rescue mission. It only makes sense to use ironfist units if you're playing as ironfist.

Level 2
Great campaign as always, but I keep running into something weird.

Even though I've downloaded and played the first Human book, it keeps telling me I skipped it. Send halp. xD

Also yes, make elites trainable. 7 food at 310 gold and 115 lumber each. training time of just under Frost Wyrm.

At least, that's what I would do. If I cared. Which I do.

Level 11
7 food is too much, the reason frost wyrms cost 7 food is cause they're the most OP flying unit, they can stop base defenses with their frost breath, they slow the attack and movement speed of units with another ability, overall 5 or 6 or these units combined with several other unit can crush a base completely, that's why they have a food cost of 7

Elites are strong, but 7 food is just too much for it

Level 4
7 food is too much, the reason frost wyrms cost 7 food is cause they're the most OP flying unit, they can stop base defenses with their frost breath, they slow the attack and movement speed of units with another ability, overall 5 or 6 or these units combined with several other unit can crush a base completely, that's why they have a food cost of 7

Elites are strong, but 7 food is just too much for it
I dint think so since an elite is capable of taking out an infernal or a domm guard alone he has to be expensive

Level 16
Damn I was expecting to see a new chapter posted here, kinda disappointed since I thought it was gonna be out on the 31st

Last edited:
Level 11
@lesnarpower12 I have a unit in my work-in-progress campaign that has a food cost of 8, however it's way more powerful than an elite, having a chaos attack, resistant skin, spell immunity and 1250 hp as well as the ability to fight both ground and air unit, 7 food for an elite is just too much for an elite9(considering its hp, abilities, as well as practicality in combat), it should cost at most 6 food, just be really expensive in terms of gold and lumber

Level 16
I got a reasonable solution for this, it's a bit technical and I don't expect this to be implemented by the creator of the campaign but here goes:

at one point while testing out a map and an idea hit me, let's say you got a squad of elite units, now in this mission you couldn't train any new units, and you were just stuck with one hero and like 4 strong units, if by any chance more than 1 of these units got killed off the mission gets pretty damn difficult to complete, now what if the hero was able to resurrect the units, in this scenario you would be able to complete the mission without struggling even if one or more of the units has fallen,

after reflecting on the thought, I began to realize that this would only work for missions where you start out with a small squad and need to keep it til the completion

now what I eventually came to was this, by giving a unit the classification "tauren" you could make the unit revivable only by the use of the ancestral spirit spell, now you can change the unit classification of "tauren" to whatever you like in the gameplay constants menu, so basically you can give your elite units the tauren classification, give a hero or some mage a modified ancestral spirit ability and there you go, also I would suggest suspending the decay of these commando units this would make things much easier

TLDR: start off with a limited number of elites, give them the tauren classification, suspend their decay via trigger, and give some spellcaster or a hero a modified ancestral spirit ability, then your stuck with 5 or however many elite you have at the beginning of the mission

Level 11
I got a reasonable solution for this, it's a bit technical and I don't expect this to be implemented by the creator of the campaign but here goes:

at one point while testing out a map and an idea hit me, let's say you got a squad of elite units, now in this mission you couldn't train any new units, and you were just stuck with one hero and like 4 strong units, if by any chance more than 1 of these units got killed off the mission gets pretty damn difficult to complete, now what if the hero was able to resurrect the units, in this scenario you would be able to complete the mission without struggling even if one or more of the units has fallen,

after reflecting on the thought, I began to realize that this would only work for missions where you start out with a small squad and need to keep it til the completion

now what I eventually came to was this, by giving a unit the classification "tauren" you could make the unit revivable only by the use of the ancestral spirit spell, now you can change the unit classification of "tauren" to whatever you like in the gameplay constants menu, so basically you can give your elite units the tauren classification, give a hero or some mage a modified ancestral spirit ability and there you go, also I would suggest suspending the decay of these commando units this would make things much easier

TLDR: start off with a limited number of elites, give them the tauren classification, suspend their decay via trigger, and give some spellcaster or a hero a modified ancestral spirit ability, then your stuck with 5 or however many elite you have at the beginning of the mission

That's one way to solve the problem, but it would be much easier to just limit amount of elites a player can train, that way the player cannot spam them, I already wrote about this in an earlier reply

Level 5
bro why dont u make it u know redcrusader is best creator i ever seen and i think for camping it takes so much time and i think he has privite life u know that

Level 6
This campaign is brutal, I barely won the 3rd mission (rebellion) and I can't get past the 4th, does anyone have a particular strategy or hint on how to beat this mission, really difficult to destroy 3+ bases with a useless ally, no hero and a 100 food army

Macielos

Hosted Project: W3E
Level 18
Agreed, I love the campaign in general, most chapters are challenging and enjoyable, but chapter four is definitely badly balanced. When you defeat an enemy army and then launch a counterstrike, by the time you reach the enemy base there is a whole new army in it. Plus lack of hero makes offensives very difficult. I think if we have Brian the Fallen from the beginning, that would improve mission balance quite well.

It took me something like 2-3 hours, but I beat the mission using the following strategy:
- Fortify base with lots of towers, put a trio executor+greywolf+chaplain at right and bottom entrance - that stops most enemy attacks with minimal losses
- Keep pushing blue player with catapults and heavy infantry, wall of towers near his base could be really helpful
- Build a second base on the left and switch to stalkers
- Use stalkers to take over trebuchets, build lots of arcane towers to reveal shadows
- Move your main force to protect the trebuchets, continue attack with stalkers, use them to destroy both bases behind the outer wall, build your own bases there
- Kill mayor, free the elites, build barracks, workshops and towers in the south-west
- Destroy the gate to the east, keep pushing east with mostly golems, catapults and heavy infantry

Worked in my case :).

Level 16
@Apostle Doesn't chapters 4 remind you of the five towers chapter, they're very similar situation-wise, you're outnumbered and have to fight for hours to destroy the enemy bases

Level 6
@Apostle Doesn't chapters 4 remind you of the five towers chapter, they're very similar situation-wise, you're outnumbered and have to fight for hours to destroy the enemy bases

Besides being outnumbered and taking 3+ hours to beat they have very little in common, I mean for instance in the towers map:

- You start off with a very well balanced hero as well as a goldmine that is guaranteed to last you the whole chapter
- For every base you destroy you get 2000 gold, an extra goldmine to use, as well as additional units that cost no food
- The last base (the gray one in the hills) doesn't do anything besides send air units at you, when the green and dark green bases in front of it are wiped out, it's literally a joke to eliminate

I can go on but you see where I'm going with this; besides the player going against several bases, being extremely frustrating, and taking hours to beat they have more differences than similarities.

Level 5
man its the damn end of may, and the chapter which was supposed to be released on march 31 is still not out. wtf ? what gives?

Level 5
You lazy pos you dont just dont wanna put in the work that everyone puts in, you could've been a very succeffull map maker on this site, instead you decided to slack offf for months and not get shit done, I feel back for you.

Level 6
No King Tidus, Shar Dundred is a very skilled map maker, I don't enjoy all of his maps because some of them can be too hard, but he's still one of the top 10 campaign creators that i know, his storylines are amazing and I like the overall feel of his campaigns, and so far you've created nothing so what the hell does that make you?

Last edited:

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
You lazy pos you dont just dont wanna put in the work that everyone puts in, you could've been a very succeffull map maker on this site, instead you decided to slack offf for months and not get shit done, I feel back for you.
How extremely ungrateful of you. You are not paying him to spend his free time working on this map. You are not even helping him make the map. Do you think this post will do anything but make him feel worse about himself? Stop this non-constructive childish behaviour and start contributing positively or remain silent.

Level 3
If it's so easy to make a campaign as you make it up to be, then why don't YOU just stop being lazy and make your own campaign? Oh wait, that's right, it takes a long ass time to make a single chapter when the map has to be built from the ground up, unique custom models/skins for buildings, units, heroes and landscape, not to mention cutscenes and dialouge and movent of surtain characters, or the whole "pick a choice" that can completely make the campaign take a different route, or new unique game mechanics and side quests that ALSO has an effect on the story as well. Not to mention he has to make it such that the choices from the first book has effected something in the second one, and that's a lot of coding required right there. All of this takes a REALLY long time, and isn't something that can just be made on 1 day, or even 1 week, and he doesn't want to rush it. Also there's this thing called "real-life" that he also has, and needs to take care of, and i don't think he wants to use ALL of his freetime on this, he propeply does other stuff in his life as well you see.
So just shut up, leave him alone, and stop annoying us all with your ungratefull stupidity, little baby king Tidus.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Here some information for those of you who want to know about progress on the series:
I apologize for the lack of information, I know I had called the 31st March a release date for
the next chapter, but stuff which has a higher priority than the entire Arkain series happened
and occupied me for a period of time - it actually still consumes quite some of my spare time,
but less so than some time ago.
I apologize for those of you who were afraid that the game series would - again - have died.
This is NOT the case.

Anyway, things happened, things are about to happen, things are in progress.
People asked for a statement.
Here is what you need to know:
1) The Legends of Arkain campaign thread has been closed.
It was filled with trolling, off topic & even some insults which have now, luckily, been removed by the mods.
I have no intentions to re-open this thread anytime soon
2) Everything that had been done for the next chapter, the entire map, is GONE.

Actually, the entire campaign series would have been doomed if @Ralle hadn't sent me an older updated version
of the campaigns - the unprotected ones. This has been the first and the last time I attempt to protect
my campaigns. It was a stupid idea anyway.
I send a big thanks @Ralle (again, he probably is annoyed that I'm thanking him like the fourth time now =P)
for giving back the unprotected versions so I can do stuff again, even though much work is lost.

3) There will be no updates coming for quite a while, probably even months.
As I mentioned above, the chapter many people, especially myself, were hoping to play soon, is gone.
That means I have to do everything again from scratch - don't worry, I will - but this is not the reason
for the delay.
I have revived an old idea of myself which evolves the gameplay of the campaign to another level.
I'm not talking about Kasrkin mode (I swear, this will probably be delayed until the series is completely done...),
but about big racial changes that affect every campaign created so far.
The choice system is one of the things that makes Arkain unique, so I decided to add a new choice system
to "Make Arkain Great Again!" by affecting the gameplay instead of "only" affecting the story.
This new system will allow you, the players, to select a certain focus at the beginning of each mission.
I. e. Do you want to focus on defensive or offensive units?
Or would you like to throw massive amounts of cheap units at your enemy until they drown in both their dead and yours?
Or do you want a small force of the most elite soldiers that a race can muster?
We're not talking about small changes like upgrades, we're talking about seperating the existing races
into a number of factions, each having their own focus, personality and rules.
As you might imagine, this new system is going to consume quite some time and effort, but I want to do it now,
before I have to change even more maps. I want Arkain gameplay to offer more replayability - and I'm optimistic
that having the ability to choose your faction at the very beginning of every mission, makes it more fun to play again.

Also, I see myself forced to remind some of you that I am spending my spare time on doing this.
I am not getting paid for it, I am not planning to get paid for it, I have a job, I am doing this series for fun.
I thank the others for their patience & understanding.
I will try to keep you updated on the progress as I work on the different factions first as a concept and then
in the World Editor.
And I will also fix that damn "difficulty resets to normal after every mission" bug.

Last edited:
Level 11
Here some information for those of you who want to know about progress on the series:
I apologize for the lack of information, I know I had called the 31st March a release date for
the next chapter, but stuff which has a higher priority than the entire Arkain series happened
and occupied me for a period of time - it actually still consumes quite some of my spare time,
I apologize for those of you who were afraid that the game series would - again - have died.
This is NOT the case.

It was filled with trolling, off topic & even some insults which have now, luckily, been removed by the mods.

Actually, the entire campaign series would have been doomed if @Ralle hadn't sent me an older updated version
of the campaigns - the unprotected ones. This has been the first and the last time I attempt to protect
I send a big thanks @Ralle (again, he probably is annoyed that I'm thanking him like the fourth time now =P)
for giving back the unprotected versions so I can do stuff again, even though much work is lost.

As I mentioned above, the chapter many people, especially myself, were hoping to play soon, is gone.
That means I have to do everything again from scratch - don't worry, I will - but this is not the reason
for the delay.
I have revived an old idea of myself which evolves the gameplay of the campaign to another level.
I'm not talking about Kasrkin mode (I swear, this will probably be delayed until the series is completely done...),
The choice system is one of the things that makes Arkain unique, so I decided to add a new choice system
to "Make Arkain Great Again!" by affecting the gameplay instead of "only" affecting the story.
This new system will allow you, the players, to select a certain focus at the beginning of each mission.
Or would you like to throw massive amounts of cheap units at your enemy until they drown in both their dead and yours?
We're not talking about small changes like upgrades, we're talking about seperating the existing races
As you might imagine, this new system is going to consume quite some time and effort, but I want to do it now,
before I have to change even more maps. I want Arkain gameplay to offer more replayability - and I'm optimistic
that having the ability to choose your faction at the very beginning of every mission, makes it more fun to play again.

Also, I see myself forced to remind some of you that I am spending my spare time on doing this.
I am not getting paid for it, I am not planning to get paid for it, I have a job, I am doing this series for fun.
I will try to keep you updated on the progress as I work on the different factions first as a concept and then
in the World Editor.
And I will also fix that damn "difficulty resets to normal after every mission" bug.

So all the progress made on chapter seven has been lost ? This really sucks, I was really looking forward to playing this chapter, now its another few months of wait ....

Level 9
@Shar Dundred Thank you for the statement Shar, it is good to see you doing fine and well in life.
Your new idea sounds extremely great and I'll be waiting to check it once you finished everything
it sucks that you lost everything but thankfully you got some aspect of the campaign.
Goodluck with your life and everything else. We will be waiting to delve into the world of Arkain again.

Level 29
This is NOT the case.

for the delay.

in the World Editor.

Well, bad luck. Your plans seem interesting, so I will patiently wait for it. Good luck!:thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

Level 8
Locks like Shar has very heavy shoulders,someone has to get off of them.
I honestly dindt knew about an early release of one map and i am not dedicated for a single map,Why not waiting for a whole series to bee finished after there is time to play.
You guys should understand that is not easy to create a map with complicated stories and sometimes frustration anything can happen.
But noh maybe people will not get interested in my post about bee patience or bee consumed.
If anything Shar Dundred you may need help in some choices to bee made in game about characters or something new and you are not decided maybe here you can find people with great ideeas.
Good Fortune to you .

Level 5
at this rate it'll be 2018 by the time the next chapter will get finished. obly god knows how long it will take to fully finish this book

Level 5
I just dont understand this, me and a couple of others were complaining about an absence of updates in the official Arkain thread for weeks, and then Tidus comes along, writes a message and then Bam..Shar replies to him, and not only does he reply but he does it the same day, wtf????

Level 16
You think he's a final fantasy 10 fanboy in real life?

Anyway I just wanted to ask if we'll have access to destructors in the rest of the missions of the campaign.

Level 5
Let Thanok become a hero shar plsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Reactions: Rem
Level 11
elites in this campaign remind me of Psi-Corp Troopers in RA2, you get to use them, but never build them (or at least not until the last mission if i remember correctly)