• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Round Table of Arkain

Level 12
Arkain true story sounds difficulty but cool, because you can make a "official canon" the tales of arkain use the SHB with gardon by default, after all was the first.

"Especially the First Books will benefit from these changes." Yeah the first book share a lot and some choice really break the time line(maybe).

So many hard missions compiled into one mega campaign... Well, I'm definitely excited.
The choices can still be kept, but those that alter the story in a drastic way will have to be removed unfortunately.

Golden guard route
Gardon: how the f#$# di I losed?!
Van durce: The power of CHOICE!
Hammer strike in gardon's face

Level 10
Shar - as to not making this campaign for W3 reforged - good choice, apparently anything you now make in W3 Reforged editor is the intellectual property of Blizzard

Level 3
Shar - as to not making this campaign for W3 reforged - good choice, apparently anything you now make in W3 Reforged editor is the intellectual property of Blizzard

Considering that W3 (Vanilla) and Reforged are the "same" game, technically speaking if you make map for W3 they can still claim it as a intellectual property, so its a double edge sword you know...

Level 10
Yeah it pissed me off royally that I cant undo the upgrade from w3 to w3 reforged. And that update started on its own without even asking me... so im having that update on permanent hold and hoping that it will let me play the original w3
but then... given what blizzard was doing since merging with activision... "Nobody seen that coming"... said noone

Level 8
I've had some ideas for the first orc book (the least loved of all, and since you're going to do a definitive campaign I'll expose a few crazy ideas here).

1) Spiders in the Darkmind clan:

Killing the Spider Queen is almost always the best option (useful Item and extra support on an already difficult mission), letting her live alone will give you support in a mission in which you start with enough to win... The worst of all is that if you choose Blen's side, the spiders attacking don't reappear anymore.
When the Darkmind clan is removed, Rath senses the deep hatred of spiders against General Blen, in the event of the spider queen's death, Rath doesn't give it importance, claiming that they probably die soon when they are heavily weakened by the loss of their monarch and leaves. .. In case the Spider Queen lives, Rath will notice that more enthusiastically and propose to join the Darkmind clan to share together Rath's enormous vengeance.

The Spider Rider (only available to the Darkmind clan, until Rath's death).
It is a medium-range troop with slow venom (Throws poisoned axes), possesses good life and movement speed, can learn web.

The spider queen is not so stupid and so keeps safe distance with the battle against Blen, seeing any death of Rath she decides to leave her revenge like this, as she lost many generations of strong children following Rath, only for this end, then leaves with Lokar and is joins the Dominion alongside Ironthunder clan and cyclops.

Cons:
-Find the right model for this troop.
-You can become the best option, moving to the previous one, going back to the same problem that you try to solve :p

2) Exiled Sasrogarn:

A way to leave the bastard alive, making certain decisions (how to capture the coast to attack Merlon from two different sides) Sasrogarn will conclude that Amari is much better than him, the insecure wants to talk to Grozag to see what he believes is , then talks to Zairmak and admits that he is not the right one to command, knowing that he could destroy what his father built... Zairmak for a moment is reflected in the, "following the traditions as absolute truth is very bad idea", come the others and Sasrogarn mentions that he already knows who the leader is... and who respects him, not because he wants, but in honor of his father, that statement causes some discrepancy and Amari tries to unite everyone under the original plan, but in the end they come to the conclusion of... Amari leader of the dominion and Sasrogarn ends up exiled to avoid very possible inconveniences in the future for his pride and cowardice... Sasrogarn leaves and does not reappear anymore... then you can tell that he became an unimportant mercenary of The Blackthorn to close the plot.

Cons:
-I see it very unlikely, because everyone hates Sasrogarn (including me :p) and the mere feeling that he still lives somewhere can cause feelings a little bitter.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Some small stuff today:
First of, remember how I did some Arkain stuff in other games? Here's an edited Larine:
upload_2020-2-4_1-2-42.png

And Gardon!
upload_2020-2-4_1-3-0.png

Here I am actually curious, on a scale from 1 to 10, how "Gardony" does that look to you?
And what would you do to make it look more like our favorite general?

Also, check out this, we are collecting some nice images from the past (and maybe there will be more?) :
Arkain Memes | HIVE

Level 10
Gardon does not give me the feel that he would like any sort of ornaments, anything thats not purely practical (unless the 2 rods on his helmet are a radio receiver that is :D ). Love the Larine model! Do we get to see her anywhere other than the second human book?

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Looks good, but I feel he could use some more muscle :)
Gym Gardon? :)
Gardon does not give me the feel that he would like any sort of ornaments, anything thats not purely practical (unless the 2 rods on his helmet are a radio receiver that is :D ).
To be fair: His model's "helmet wings" are not very practical either. :)
Love the Larine model!
:)
Do we get to see her anywhere other than the second human book?
Perhaps. :p
IMHO Gardon needs a fearsome model, that model its ok but dont have that "aura"...
Not dark enough?

Level 22
Gardon needs a way bigger and better-looking sword. The thing he's holding looks like a dagger. If you can add a shadow effect on the weapon, it would look even better.
The armour he's wearing is pretty light. And not dark enough when we compare it to his WC3 model.
The helmet should cover his mouth. The red on his helmet can be removed and replaced with brown or yellow.
An aura effect can be added to make him look a lot more menacing.

Level 10
To be fair: His model's "helmet wings" are not very practical either. :)

True enough. Since he knows his reputation and actually puts it to good use... maybe give him more of a "terror of the field" look? The samurai of old Japan used to wear masks for this exact purpose and Gardon would surely make use of that as well. That would usually involve hiding your facial features tho...

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

Think Gardon's armor should look bigger. The OG model had that feel attached to it. Imagine warhammer space marine armor type of thing. Helmet should be more brownish imo.

Level 3
Excuse me people but i got a question...

In the interlude between Ch.06 and Ch.07, sometimes it appears a choice to choose Rekta over Cora, but sometimes dont, what should i do to make this to happen?

And as a side note: Which one is the canon?

Level 10
Excuse me people but i got a question...

In the interlude between Ch.06 and Ch.07, sometimes it appears a choice to choose Rekta over Cora, but sometimes dont, what should i do to make this to happen?

And as a side note: Which one is the canon?

Don't pick the Leadership Bonus for the Darkness Orb ever, if I remember it right. If you do, Cora will systematically snatch Retka's powers. Not sure about which one is canon though.

Last edited:
Level 8
Did you select Cora's special boni before you got to that point?
If your answer is yes... then everything works fine, that boni will cause Cora to absorb Rekta and you have no choice to change it (unless you don't choose that boni).
I guess the canon is that Cora listens to the whispers and finally absorbs Rekta.

to avoid double post, I'll place this with the answer to the question above.

Here again with other crazy ideas for the first books... this time it's up to the human book.

1) Racial differences in the towers

One controls humans, elves and denters, each variation is different from the other... but the towers are the same, my suggestion is as follows... allow to update the towers, but restrict updates to each race... Confused?, in that case I give a few examples:

Only humans can upgrade archer towers to ballerstates, upgrading it gains +15% attack speed, +75 HP, and +4 damage.

Only elves can upgrade to elf towers to anti-magic towers, by upgrading it halves cooldown time to use their ability to discover an area, can use dissipation every 40 seconds, and burns 30 MP per hit (Makes 30 additional damage to the troops summoned).

Only denters can upgrade to cannon towers to missile tower, upgrading it gains +200 range and increases area damage size by 50%.

2) A few more improvements to the logic of missions.

First of all... I am surprised that Merlon's mission is not available the flying troop of humans (which they do in all the other books), which I dislike, i know that the mission focuses on the ships, but without flying attack troops it feels a little empty.

Secondly, in my opinion in the missions that Salomar is available, a paladin must be with him (replaces a knight with a paladin), I believe that the leader of the order of the paladins if he goes on a dangerous mission should be accompanied by someone of the order , in that case those missions should be made more difficult, since two units with divine light would be very powerful in the right hands.

Last edited:
Level 3
Can anyone clear up some things as:-
Why Order of Bleeding was established?
What are the consequences of choices we make in each book?
Shar, will you upload a standalone map of macro version of Betrayal ( Last mission of First Human Book)?

Level 3
What is going on in Rengar? The tales of Arkain feature about the quarantined areas and walling the city? Will it be revealed further in the Second Undead Book?......Wait a minute, were the Undead responsible for the plague in Rengar? Why would they do it? It clearly disturbs the "balance" of Arkain. Also, any thoughts on Queen Keera? I think Rahandir was responsible for reanimating her. What'cha think?

Level 34
What is going on in Rengar? The tales of Arkain feature about the quarantined areas and walling the city? Will it be revealed further in the Second Undead Book?......Wait a minute, were the Undead responsible for the plague in Rengar? Why would they do it? It clearly disturbs the "balance" of Arkain. Also, any thoughts on Queen Keera? I think Rahandir was responsible for reanimating her. What'cha think?

The plague in Rengar happens quite some time after the events of the Second Books , so there are slightly chances will get more information about it in the Undead Book.
While the Undead may be a first option there are also other powerfull beings in Arkain capable of causing a plague of that proportion.
I don't think Rahandir can do something without Aridon knowing and allowing it.

Level 3
Got a question here, about the choices related to first orc book.
The choices regarding the first orc book we had to make "manually" in choices of Orckind, how many of them really affected the missions? Here are some of my observations:-
Choices of FOB - Consequences in SOB
1) Killing Progaderas the Smoking - Progaderas attacks Tribal dominion in the mission against Redfist and Daric's mercs. (The one where Papa Redfist dies)
2) Vanessa fails to convince Sasrogarn - objective to unlock secret chapter.
3) Defeating the base of Humans first rather than undead - objective to unlock secret chapter.
4) Salomar survives in last chapter - Order of Paladin is not included in Coats of Gold.
---Rest??

Last edited: