• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Round Table of Arkain

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
To expand on the 13 min thing, Zairmak was available for the finale at one point and he has a teleport ability this combined with scroll of town portal made reinforcing an absolute breeze and so the demons didn't have a chance in hell when I can teleport my soldiers to the front like an insane archmage.

Level 19
Shar said that we´ll be meeting a good old friend on chapter 6 of SUB.

Poor Progaderas, we´ll have to kill him right away

Level 19
"kill" is pretty relative when it comes to our favorite non-smoking firelord.

You are right, defeat is the proper term about him.

Also, it seems we´ll get to play (or destroy, i wouldnt mind really) Renova´s mother, the kind-hearthed elf and queen who loves her daughter.

Kasrkin

Level 26
When you realize technically the Dark One is now Gardon's brother since he replaced the Emperor. Gardon! Aridon is now family! This family is so screwed up.

Level 29
I will use this opportunity to give you but one "small" spoiler (it hardly counts as a spoiler, I am
pretty sure that you all expected it anyway).
Largoth will make an appearance in the SUB

;)

Lol

It is like a Marvel movie

We get to the end of the FUB and before the cinematic of the Epilogue ends, it appears the following phrase written on the screen

Largoth will return.

Level 19
I'm pretty sure Leoric and 'Thuzad are dead.

Of course they are dead. They are SKELETONS, undead beings.

When you realize technically the Dark One is now Gardon's brother since he replaced the Emperor. Gardon! Aridon is now family! This family is so screwed up.

Van durce nephew is a demon, the holy and sacred crusader has a demon nephew and gardon shadow servant.
I suppose dying is better than have that family.

I will use this opportunity to give you but one "small" spoiler (it hardly counts as a spoiler, I am
pretty sure that you all expected it anyway).

"Cross fingers" Superior dreadlord vs dreadlord please

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Van durce nephew is a demon, the holy and sacred crusader has a demon nephew and gardon shadow servant.
I suppose dying is better than have that family.
*cough*
Lerrig married van Durce's daughter, so he was Gardon's cousin in law. Too bad that he lost his life.
Van Durce, Gardon's uncle, also met an unfortunate end.
Renova was engaged to Gardon's half-brother, making her... Well, she is dead now.
And whatever would happen to her children if Gardon found them?
A family man!

*cough*

Kasrkin

Level 26
Ladies and gentlemen gather around for I have a story to tell not told in these parts since I was scolded by Ralle and Shar years ago!

This is super not canon btw

Ah it had been a long time since he had just relaxed, so used to working among the shadows. The castle certainly had a fearsome reputation worthy of Bloodclaw and the Royals' false history of Zyainor, but the inside could be considered a bit... homely if a fortress' interior could be called such. The industrialization and consilation of New Zyainor would take decades, perhaps a half-century or more the only problem is that Gardon is the only thing holding it all together.

Hmm, their fear is amusing after all there is such a thing as being told one of the Ca'laer's advisors is a being of armor and shadow and literally seeing it. Now, where is Gardon's meeting room he called all non-essential generals and admirals to discuss someth---

"UNCLE BRIAN!"
---
The man of shadow and armor turned to see three kids all running right towards him, with an amused chuckle he kneeled down and braced himself. With open arms they jumped right at him, Brian slightly recoiled at the force directed at him but his eyes of blue light simply crinkled in amusement.

"Alright, alright it's good to see you three aswell I hope all of you are behaving?"

A chorus of affirmatives answered him and Brian laughed once more, "Right now let me stand and take a good look at you."

Always the most serious Garan nevertheless spoke animatedly, "Uncle Brian it's so good to see you! How long are you going to be staying?"

Crossing his arms Brian spoke, "That all depends, have you been good?"

Shocked gasps from Zurae and Hotar but Garan remained true, "Of course we have, uncle! We're royalty we have a standard to uphold!"

Brian had to turn away and grasp a nearby wall to the children's confusion, he shook as he held himself upright laughing silently to himself. This continued for several minutes before the ancient Imperial could finally get himself back under control, he turned around to see concerned glances from the three children.
With an amused huff he responded, "Do forgive me, I merely found your behavior amusing so young but yet so serious it warms an old heart like mine."

Their concern was wiped from their faces and they smiled once more and they continued to ask Brian questions with no sense of hurry from him, Brian had nowhere to be, after all if Gardon needed him at the meeting he would have dragged him in by now when he received word of his entrance to the fortress.

This would continue for half an hour, the strange family just excited to be with one another until the scraping of full plate could be heard. Wondering who it could possibly be the children and Brian turned to see Thanok... with a bag of candy in his hand?

Brian stood ramrod straight, "I don't believe it."

Thanok shook slightly seeing Brian not quite believing what he was seeing perhaps he could still get away bef--

The three children rocketed towards the disguised dragon, "UNCLE THANOK!" they roared for all the fortress to hear.

Brian shook like a leaf in the autumn winds, "HA, unc-- HAHAHA, uncle Thanok!"

The dragon's eyes narrowed into slits partially breaking the illusion of his mortal guise, "Don't you DARE CREAT--" he was interrupted quite loudly as the kids finally made contact and bowled him over his plate crashing into the floor with an echoing sound.

Brian had to bend over and hold his knees as this new wave of laughter consumed him.
---
"We've had some trouble from Loyalist forces in Pyrru but that is unfortunately more of the same that will not go away for a long time my liege."

"With continued support from General Trualm, the remnants of Lor's old army continues to keep the peace along with the new armies but I do have concerns about the old nobility."

"Thanok controls Lor, bring up your concerns with him Roderick."

Gardon kept an interested face but on the inside he was growing increasingly weary of meetings like these, the state of the realm must be kept up date but even so his task of true unification would likely continue after his lifetime. The kingdoms had always denied any idea of industrialization and that's not even bringing up their refusal of the Empire's more modern armaments. Eventually Imperial forces not giving a damn anymore brought weapons such as the Destructor air fortress and the Terror artillery ship, with not even a blink at their hypocrisy local garrisons under the kingdoms still wearing the Imperial Army's colors added them to their forces.

That is not even bringing up the constant concern of rebellion, pride in the kingdoms against the ancient enemy of Zyainor! What a joke, the kingdoms are the descendants of thieves and murderers whose constant warring for almost a century allowed the first true demon invasion to come to pass.

"We have some interesting intel, and I do mean interesting some regional leaders in eastern Kerrel have expressed interest in-- is that someone screaming?"

Gardon looking to the meeting room's massive doors had a thought, 'Was that Thanok?"
--
Thanok was right up in Brian's face his stoic reputation thankfully intact with all the nearby servants and soldiers having fled, "STOP laughing creature!"

Brian stood resolute, "But Thanok, I'm not laughing."

"I can see it in your eyes!"

'He's not wrong', thought Brian with an amused eye roll.

Zurae with concern plain on her face said, "Family shouldn't fight!"

Thanok backed away from Brian as though he was afflicted with some rot, "We're not fighting, we're having a discussion."

Brian attacked right away, "Ah, so we are family then."
---
'And there it is again', thought Gardon now with his interest in the meeting almost completely destroyed.

Rising from his seat Gardon addressed his officers, "Gentlemen, I believe a recess is in order we have been at this for most of the day and we will be continuing for the remainder of the week. We will meet again in three hours. You are dismissed."

With a smattering of different affirmatives the men and women exited the room.

Dropping like a rock back into his seat Gardon sighed heavily in exhaustion and closed his eyes.

"Just another day in ruling am I right husband dear?"

Surprised he tried to rise from his seat but was forced back down with a push and rather passionate kiss.

Recovering, the ruler of Zyainor responded, "Vail, it is good to see you I thought you were still meeting with the mages?"

Placing a ceramic coffee filled mug in-front of him the ruler's better half said, "It descended into polite squabbling and I couldn't take it anymore so I called for a recess."

Drinking heavily from the mug before sighing contently he responded, "I would almost enjoy the squabbling it would be better than this... more of the same all of the time doesn't really hit you until it you actually experience it."

"You can ask you know."

Gardon raised a questioning eyebrow.

"Oh don't be like that, the screaming."

"I thought I heard Thanok but he never raises his voice so I thought I was crazy for thinking it."

Vail chuckled slightly with a hand covering her mouth, "Brian as you probably know arrived and was intercepted by the children. The thing is, Thanok was visiting at the same time and he had brought one of his little oh he would never say gifts but gifts for them."

Leaning back in his seat Gardon felt like he understood less of the world even more now.

"It's not going to get easier Gardon, our lives will be filled with strife until we die."

"I know, I will do my best to make sure the nation is stable and our children have good lives."

Vail and Gardon shared a quick kiss and she said, "I must be going Gardon, I love you."

"I love you too."

With a quiet click he was left alone in the meeting room again.

"Yes... whatever it takes to make sure the nation survives and for them to have a good future."

Pulling his flask out he takes a quick drink his eyes hardening, "Whatever it takes."

Level 6
No. Largoth is a servant of the Dark One.

If Largoth was the Dark One, then how didn't Aridon realized it after centuries working with him?
well from what Kasrkin said it sounds like Largoth is Dark one but i can be wrong , but honestly it would be plot twist of decade

Level 29
Just read "Aftermath of the Second Void War" story

But they could not locate her - in fact, they could hardly locate ANY Undead. They had all disappeared.

You can't find the Undead, but they can find YOU.

Vail... it was... unexpected how... close they had become. They were very similar to each other. It was a... weird feeling.

Well, let's hope they aren't too similar right?

"Enemies from the west, the east and the south... The good news is that we are too strong for them to take on directly. The war has weakened them all and many among them still remember who it was who ended the invasion of the Demons. They are unlikely to attack us anytime soon. Only the Tribal Dominion in the south is hard to predict. The two remaining Kingdoms could only pose a threat if they combined their forces with the Dwarves. And the Dwarves will not suddenly change their mind. They are too stubborn."

Surprisingly, the Dominion is the most trustworthy out of the four threats.

Your success is without a doubt most impressive. I never had any doubt in your skills and still you managed to amaze me with your prowess. You truly are the true ruler of these lands.
You have accomplished much. More than most great rulers of mankind have ever accomplished in a lifetime.

Wow, really Brian? Giving flattery before asking for a favor?

The Black Dragons are a huge part of Zyainor and you owe them much. But I want you to remember something: Their Queen is... unpredictable. An old and stubborn creature whose arrogance is responsible for the fall of Old Zyainor. The nobles of the Kingdoms may claim that their ancestors did most of the work, but they were little more than opportunists, traitors and thieves. Without the betrayal of the Black Dragons, who knows? Zyainor may never have fallen. You cannot count on the dragons, even if your most loyal subject is one of them. He would oppose any decision to leave you, but the rest of them?

Well, well, well. It seems that Aridon and Brian are truly brothers after all...

I suggested that you get rid of her. I could have even used her to increase the lifespan of you and your wife!
What is an ancient, stubborn dragon queen in exchange for the gift of immortality? Her shadow could have served me better than she would ever serve you in life and her life essence could have been used to make her immortality empower you rather than her with the help of my own magic. Especially when her replacement, Thanok, already is your most loyal servant and would lead the dragons in your name even if he knew what had occured? His loyalty lies with you, not with her.

This is kind of a dick move. He is really prepared to kill the Dragon Queen, for real?

So Thanok is now more loyal to Gardon than to his own kind? Huh...

As Gardon had assumed. Brian. He wanted to renew his offer. Gardon still did not like it, but... perhaps he should at least consider it. One less possible enemy could serve him well and the price would be relatively low in comparison... But... should he really consider such a thing? It was below him. He stood up. She should pay Vail a visit. He'd leave these thoughts for later. For now. As he left the room, the letter turned black again.

Good for you Gardon, my man! Do not betray those that have aided you!

Level 22
You can't find the Undead, but they can find YOU.
Coming in about 20 years in-story time when you least expect it to screw with YOU!

Well, let's hope they aren't too similar right?
Potential amulet manipulation is highly probable.
And if that isn't the case, Vail hasn't had the most peaceful and quiet of childhoods, so she may relate to most of his ideas.

Wow, really Brian? Giving flattery before asking for a favor?
It's almost like he knows how to manipulate people properly!

So Thanok is now more loyal to Gardon than to his own kind? Huh...
Considering how Gardon treats him and how he hasn't given him a reason to be suspicious, if a scandal or murder revolving the queen happens, Thanok would most likely chose Gardon's side.
Anyway, judging by Brian's tone, he and/or Aridon are planning to kill her sooner or later, so whatever Gardon does, it won't matter.