• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Round Table of Arkain

Got a question here, about the choices related to first orc book.
The choices regarding the first orc book we had to make "manually" in choices of Orckind, how many of them really affected the missions? Here are some of my observations:-
Choices of FOB - Consequences in SOB
1) Killing Progaderas the Smoking - Progaderas attacks Tribal dominion in the mission against Redfist and Daric's mercs. (The one where Papa Redfist dies)
2) Vanessa fails to convince Sasrogarn - objective to unlock secret chapter.
3) Defeating the base of Humans first rather than undead - objective to unlock secret chapter.
4) Salomar survives in last chapter - Order of Paladin is not included in Coats of Gold.
---Rest??
All humans related choice contributes to the secret chapter. Some choices might look subtle, but there are effects of it.

Level 29
Just read the new story "Guardian of the North"

The very ground was nothing but scorched earth and lava. Only very few places still were green and could be used as farmland - and those were all created with magic, not natural. Any natural source of food or water in the lands that he ruled over had ceased to exist long before his ancestors had been forced into servitude.

So...the Void is basically Mordor?

Is it just me or does these servants are heavily based on the Warriors of Chaos from the Warhammer universe?

He had been named the Guardian of the North.

Ah yes, Lord Bale of House Stark :)

Blaes loathed all who joined the Demon Slaves willingly. They were blind and weak in mind, no matter how powerful they were otherwise.
Bales was nothing like those who joined the Demons willingly. He belonged to the old families, he was a descendant of those who had willingly sold their souls to the Demons. He was born and raised on this side of the Void, like many others. Unlike most of them, however, he had not made a new pact with any particular Demon to either renew the bond or to gain any advantage.

So he is doing this simply because of his ancestors' mistakes and out of duty to his family. That makes him very relatable...

Only other Demon Slaves continued to do so - the irony of slaves sending slaves of their own was not lost on Bales, yet he himself had no interest in keeping slaves. The fools should know better than wanting their own slaves.

He has a very good point. They are slaves and yet they enslave others. Maybe they do this in hopes that it will make them feel better about themselves, like if they aren't indeed in the bottom of the hierarchy...

In the bedroom, Bales' concubine awaited those slaves with a smile, some tea and food. They would sit together, drink, eat and talk. Ironically, the Demon Slaves in the north treated their pleasure slaves poorly and therefore those pleasure slaves were very thankful to be treated like ordinary beings for once.

Bales you are in my book :thumbs_up:

But one day... One day, Bales would not bow to the Demons anymore - neither to the kings of the west or the dangers of the north. One day, he would be his own master. And when that day had come, nobody would stand in his way. Nobody.

While I like his ambition, chances are very low of him achieving this, at least without ever facing retribution from his demon masters or another faction seeing his secession as an opportunity to reclaim lands.

Level 22
Bales is a pretty unique character. I don't think any other character has made me instantly dislike them the second I heard their name for the first time. He didn't even need to do anything else. I can see why the demon slaves aren't the biggest fans of his. There's just something about his name that immediately gives people bad impressions of him.
Anyway, after reading the entire story, I have to say he is far more intelligent and humane than I thought. His treatment of certain slaves is something that you would never expect. And his stance on most demon slaves is something that a servant of the demons should theoretically not be able to have.
His ambition may be the end of him at one point though. What he wants is simply unachievable, especially with entities like the dark one, Aridon and Brian around.

monoplize -> monopolize
Blaes -> Bales
succubi on ther other -> succubi on the other
loyality -> loyalty

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
So...the Void is basically Mordor?
You could say that, yeah.
Is it just me or does these servants are heavily based on the Warriors of Chaos from the Warhammer universe?
I did not intentionally base anything on anything. It does happen that there are parallels because tons of stuff already exist (I recall being asked if Toran was a Naruto reference which I never watched in my entire life I.e.) so it is bound to be similar. When I first designed the Demon Slaves, I did not know as much about the Warriors of Chaos as now.
Some of my characters have been created by me in other media (I.e. avatars in other games or stories I wrote) though. Maybe I will touch on this topic if people are interested. Bales was a character I created for Age of Wonders Planetfall at first, to give a small taste. :p
Bales you are in my book :thumbs_up:
New favorite? ;)
While I like his ambition, chances are very low of him achieving this, at least without ever facing retribution from his demon masters or another faction seeing his secession as an opportunity to reclaim lands.
He is patient. :D
Bales is a pretty unique character. I don't think any other character has made me instantly dislike them the second I heard their name for the first time. He didn't even need to do anything else. I can see why the demon slaves aren't the biggest fans of his. There's just something about his name that immediately gives people bad impressions of him.
You give his name a bad name. :p
Anyway, after reading the entire story, I have to say he is far more intelligent and humane than I thought. His treatment of certain slaves is something that you would never expect. And his stance on most demon slaves is something that a servant of the demons should theoretically not be able to have.
Positively surprised then?
His ambition may be the end of him at one point though. What he wants is simply unachievable, especially with entities like the dark one, Aridon and Brian around.
I mean, he has no way of knowing all that. :p

Level 22
Positively surprised then?
Yep. People with high ranks of power in any government in Arkain have always given me incredibly bad first impressions, even if I grew to like them later. ;)
He is the exact opposite.

I mean, he has no way of knowing all that. :p
If he's at least never heard of Aridon I pity him. He's truly been living under a rock.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I have re-opened a lot of threads again. I want you to know that I do not close them myself,
that is Hive automatically closing them.
I encourage the use of both the Round Table and these threads as desired.
If you want to post something in a thread that is closed, feel free to contact me to re-open it.
Just letting you know.
Also, I am currently tinkering on something that I intend to release pretty soon. Stay tuned. ;)
No, it is not the SUB, sorry to crush your hopes. =P

Level 29
My thoughts on "The Iron Fists"

Things were easier back in the old days. That's what you keep telling yourself, ain't it? 'Tis your mind tricking you. Trust me on this one, lad. I know such things. I've been through a lot: Poverty, starvation, battles, wars, politics, betrayals, intrigues, phyrric victories...

The fact that the term of "phyrric victory" exists in the world of Arkain makes me laugh. Not what it means, but rather the specific term.

Gardon Bloodclaw had unusual methods and no scruples and the higher-ups didn't like that - with the exception of the Emperor. Or at least we thought so until that son of a bitch betrayed us - may some dragon or wolf eat his corpse one day.

Well, he is not wrong to wish this, considering who the Emperor truly is.

I hear that van Durce later smashed all of Genethas' body into a bloody mess of flesh. I hope the bastard felt that.

I dearly hope so as well.
van Durce: Stop hitting yourself! Why are you hitting yourself?!
Genethas: I am not! You are the one hitting me!
van Durce: No, you brought this upon yourself!

With these two generals, the Ironfist has not lost a single bit of its prestige and power and we'll damn well make use of that to keep the realm secure.
May the Ca'laer and Ca'lea rule forever and may New Zyainor rise! I'm just an old soldier, but I'll make bloody well sure that I continue to serve this damn fine nation as long as I can - and I won't stop until I'm dead.

Well, dark times are about to come, old soldier.

I wonder if this loyalty is genuine, due to magic or genuine but amplified by magic.

Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
The fact that the term of "phyrric victory" exists in the world of Arkain makes me laugh. Not what it means, but rather the specific term.
Happens a few times, doesn't it? :p
I wonder if this loyalty is genuine, due to magic or genuine but amplified by magic.
Genuine. Gardon does not use his magic on his normal soldiers, not even for amplifying.
Many tend to develop this kind of loyalty towards him as time goes by. You can either thank
his character or his charisma for that.

Level 12
Are there any chance you're about to adjust your masterpiece to Reforged version as well (due to custom models and such stuff) once custom campaigns are released on live version? I know it's a long shot and you might not want to mess around with that, but it'd be something neat to have around, your masterpiece plus high quality stuff definitely guarantees awesomeness.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Hey @PrinceOfThaWest, long time no see! Hope you're well, Witch-King.
As mentioned in a newspost in January, I currently have no plans to do such a thing since the
current state of Reforged is rather problematic and I do not expect it to reach the state I
would consider stable enough for me to invest that amount of time for quite some time.
Once that has changed, I'll at the very least try to make the campaign playable in the classic
graphics mode
of Reforged. I do not see myself use any Reforged graphics given the fact that
it would be rather limiting regarding custom resources - I just don't see the benefit here.

Last edited:
Level 12
Hey @PrinceOfThaWest, long time no see! Hope you're well, Witch-King.
As mentioned in a newspost in January, I currently have no plans to do such a thing since the
current state of Reforged is rather problematic and I do not expect it to reach the state I
would consider stable enough for me to invest that amount of time for quite some time.
Once that has changed, I'll at the very least try to make the campaign playable in the classic
graphics mode
of Reforged. I do not see myself use any Reforged graphics given the fact that
it would be rather limiting regarding custom resources - I just don't see the benefit here.

It's all good with me, quarantine, work from home and all that stuff - apart from boredom, no harm this way to be honest. As for the campaign, yeah I understand that, hence the reason I wrote above its a long shot and very unlikely to happen. :)

Level 22
(A bit of a late) opinion on the ''Iron Fists'' story
I like the way the story was told. The guy made a lot of good fucking points. :;)
Herdon sounds like a really cool character. He and Krom can have an interesting talk and battle, being the polar opposites that they are. If Krom can make him utter something that is. What made Herdon so interested in nature magic in the first place? Necromancy would fit his dark character a lot better and I'm sure even he knows it.
Tormin's description reminded me of the Fleshtearer in a way. Both constantly improve without needing to. Well, the Fleshtearer has no choice, but still.

Ironfist was seperated -> Ironfist was separated
went seperate paths -> went separate paths

Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I like the way the story was told. The guy made a lot of good fucking points. :;)
He friggin did, didn't he? :p
Herdon sounds like a really cool character. He and Krom can have an interesting talk and battle, being the polar opposites that they are. If Krom can make him utter something that is.
Yeah, Krom would do most the talking for sure. d:
What made Herdon so interested in nature magic in the first place? Necromancy would fit his dark character a lot better and I'm sure even he knows it.
There is a reason but you have to ask him - and get an answer. :p
Tormin's description reminded me of the Fleshtearer in a way. Both constantly improve without needing to. Well, the Fleshtearer has no choice, but still.
I think I get your point here but Tormin is more witty. :p

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
There is several soundtracks that I could include, but I never really felt like doing that.
Plus such a thing means increased file size and loading times. X)

I think the main reason why this is not something that I think about a lot is the fact that I usually play while listening to music.
It is somewhere on my list, I may tinker around with that more in the True Story campaign, but right now it is not very high priority to me.

I am aware of the effect of custom music which is why I also sometimes (admittedly, very few times) used it.

Level 29
My thoughts on "The Divine Shield"

Sir Jay grew up in Kerrel and heard many tales about dreaded Zyainor as did all children in the Kingdoms of Arkain.

History is written by the winners, so of course they will say that Zyainor was an evil empire that deserved to fall.

“You should have told them you were leaving, lad, but what you’ve gained since then is what has shaped you into a true Paladin. You have seen more of Arkain than any I’ve known, even me. The Holy Light provides us with a pool of strength, but our ability to draw from it does not stem from our mere belief in that pool’s existence, rather in our conviction to use it to protect our people. You left your home and spent years specifically learning about the world you intensely believed deserved protecting. You are a true believer in Arkain, Sir Jay.”

Hgh, I hate paladins and their speeches

Renald van Durce and Sir Praxeus be damned, but this conflict needed to end and Gardon was simply too dangerous to all of Arkain to be left alive. Zyainor could not be reborn.

Yeah, because Arkain was way better when divided into a lot of kingdoms. At least with Gardon in charge, they are focused on the greater good.

And when it ends, Sir Jay would not travel across the Great Sea with Praxeus and the High Lord Inquisitor to confront their corrupted Emperor. For when the Ironfist heraldry lies trampled into the dirt, and the Undead are scattered back to their hellish underground labyrinths beaten and broken, and the Demon threat is utterly purged by the marvelous creation of Lord Marin, and black dragons’ skulls are thrust upon great pikes for all in the Kingdoms of Arkain to see and no longer cower from... Jay would return to Stagcross and find his parents, for he had so very much to tell them.

Yeah, sorry Sir Jay, but by the time that happens, I think your parents will be nothing more but dust... and even so chances of that happening were like 0.1% at best. At the end of the day, Sir Jay Bubblerino will be nothing more but the last a very long list of men that stood in Gardon's way and were killed.

Level 21
My thoughts on "The Divine Shield"

Yeah, sorry Sir Jay, but by the time that happens, I think your parents will be nothing more but dust... and even so chances of that happening were like 0.1% at best. At the end of the day, Sir Jay Bubblerino will be nothing more but the last a very long list of men that stood in Gardon's way and were killed.

The ending is quite purposefully macabre/grim!

Thanks to all who read it, I'd love to hear your thoughts. This is not a self-insertion story and I did not make Sir Jay a morally "good" character because he is me. It is because he is a Paladin and I wanted to make an attempt at an emotional gut punch at the end, which required a humanized, hopeful character to do. Hopefully it landed for some readers!

Last edited:
Level 22
In an alternate timeline, Sir Jay survives and angers Aridon so much that he sends Krom after him. 1 million years later, they still fight because his bubbly divine shield is just that powerful.
On a more serious note, it was a good read. While ultimately fodder for Gardon, adding some backstory made his death have a lot more meaning. It was also nice to see how Salomar acts in a non-combat role.

of it’s cragged coastline -> of its cragged coastline

Level 29
The ending is quite purposefully macabre/grim!

Yeah, given the time where this story happens, everyone knows how this ends up.

It makes me wonder, though. Was Sir Jay:
a) Killed by the Ironfist?
b) Killed by the undead?
c) Killed by the Black Dragons?

And if a) or b), was he:
a) Burned
b) Raised by Gardon's necromancers?
c) Raised by the necromancers serving the Nexus?

Thanks to all who read it, I'd love to hear your thoughts. This is not a self-insertion story and I did not make Sir Jay a morally "good" character because he is me. It is because he is a Paladin and I wanted to make an attempt at an emotional gut punch at the end, which required a humanized, hopeful character to do. Hopefully it landed for some readers!

It was a nice story, though it is quite depressing if we take into account how it ends.

Poor guy. He probably would have lived longer if he had stayed at home. He probably died knowing that he had fought in vain, first for an emperor that didn't care for neither him nor his comrades, and then against Gardon that eventually won and laid waste to the Golden Guard.

Level 29
What're you guys talking about?
Sir Jay Blubberino has received a new title, the Unholy Shield.
Now he can see his parents in undeath.

Oh, I can see it now

Jay walks towards his parents' house slowly, trying his best to stop his body, but it was in vain. No matter how strong his will was, the magic that controlled his now rotten body was more powerful. He knocked at the door three times.
Please let them be out, please let them be out... The undead paladin thought, praying that any god would listen.
"Coming!" he heard a voice which he instantly recognized, and he cursed under his breath.
Footsteps started to be heard and getting closer.
The door opened and an elder woman stood there with a smile.
"Oh excuse me sir, may I help you?" she asked.
"Who is it, honey?" the voice, now of an elder man, was heard.
"It is a soldier, most likely a paladin" the woman answered.
The man came and then the elder couple looked at him truly curious, but Jay said nothing
"Are you here because of our son?" the man asked, slightly hopeful that this was the case.
The former paladin sighed and then removed his helmet. His parents instantly recognized him and smiled out of pure joy, but then they noticed a couple of things. His eyes were now glowing blue and his skin was showing early sins of decomposing.
Their eyes then widened as they realized.
"Hi mom, hi dad..." that was all he said before they fainted.
-----------
"Ha! I knew this would be their reaction!" Krom gloating while pointing a finger at Rahandir, who was also chuckling.
Sapphira and Haran'tel-kazor, who were behind them, glanced at each other not sure how to react.
"...So, you are telling me that this is how Krom hasn't grown bored for the past centuries?" the undead nerubian asked.
"Basically yes..." Sapphira said placing her fingers on the bridge of her nose "Did you know that there is a whole group among the Zirr Nexus that specializes in erasing the memories of the victims of Krom's pranks?" she added.
Haran looked at her in shock.
"That guy is our master's top enforcer...." he muttered, not sure what to think regarding this realization.

Last edited:
Level 6
do you plan on terraforming some terains in first books? i am replaying First Human Book and in some places its kinda empty

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
@deepstrasz has brought forth the idea to add an option to the project that would randomize
the result of choices. Instead of you making the choice, it'd randomly choose one of the options.
This entire thing would be completely optional, a way to add something random to the project
to spice up the gameplay/story for those of you who find themselves picking the same choices
during replays instead of making new ones. An unpredictable new element, so to say.

I don't know if such an option would be used or not, it's something I never really thought much
about, to be honest. It wouldn't be much work to be implemented either.
If people are interested, I may add it at some point, to give an option for people who want to
keep themselves from min/maxing or who just want to try something new.

Here is the strawpoll:
Would you like the OPTION to have choices randomized?

I am quite curious about the results on this one.

Level 22
I remember a version of the SHB where Largoth automatically chose your choices for you without asking and sent you to the first mission immediately ( only happens if you haven't finished the FHB first ). While screwy since it chose all the objectively bad choices, it was interesting. Wouldn't mind seeing it being added in its new and improved form.

Level 29
@deepstrasz has brought forth the idea to add an option to the project that would randomize
the result of choices. Instead of you making the choice, it'd randomly choose one of the options.
This entire thing would be completely optional, a way to add something random to the project
to spice up the gameplay/story for those of you who find themselves picking the same choices
during replays instead of making new ones. An unpredictable new element, so to say.

I don't know if such an option would be used or not, it's something I never really thought much
about, to be honest. It wouldn't be much work to be implemented either.
If people are interested, I may add it at some point, to give an option for people who want to
keep themselves from min/maxing or who just want to try something new.

Here is the strawpoll:
Would you like the OPTION to have choices randomized?

I am quite curious about the results on this one.

That sounds interesting. It would be like "Fate chose to screw you, so try to use it to your advantage".

Level 6
i just finished replay of Second Human Book and i have to ask .... which plot will be continued in next books? Golden Guard's or Ironfist's?

Level 29
Last edited:
Level 6
There won't be third books.
By the way, the Ironfist storyline is the official canon story.

If you want to know what happens afterwards, check the short stories that Shar writes, as well as the timeline

Tales of Arkain

The Official Arkain Timeline [SPOILER]
i mean i know they existed but i hyped a little when i imagined last crusade of Van Durce. I see potential for it as a single map tbh

Level 6
got 1 sugestion , maybe nerf chapter 8 of SOB?
it haven't even been 5 minutes after i destroyed black human base and centaurs were gangbanded by like 4 diferent armies and i could't do anything becouse i too was gangbanded

Level 8
I always wondered what was going on with the Nerubians in the first undead book, so I came up with a short story... but of course, I know it's most likely not canon, but it's worth commenting (if shar dislikes this... you are free to delete it if you wish).

Everything happened too fast... a flash of hope emerged on the horizon, we thought that our freedom would come and that we would throw away the yoke that imprisoned us so much ... but everything has vanished, all these years have gone to stop at nothing... We only remember his dead voice and his cryogenic gaze, we discover that our supposed liberation was created by the one who oppressed us so strongly, with the aim of making us strong. of course it worked. He only had to raise his hand to bring all the fallen back into slavery, what hammered us the conscience was that macabre laugh of that damn sarcastic skeleton, some say that he is older than our master, it seems as if nothing mattered to him anymore... He discovered long ago that existence was just a sadistic game or just a bad joke, this no longer matters... NOTHING MATTERS.
Our leader was turned into an undead abomination, that was that everyone lost hope and decided to surrender to the master ... but in the afterlife, a mass suicide began that lasted several days, you could only hear that damn sarcastic laugh in this icy, lifeless tundra, until the master, formerly static as a statue, spoke to that skeleton.
"So many fresh corpses to take advantage of... but it does not suit the balance that this breed is extinct, they have to continue to give offspring... then if they die to feed the nexus" The voice of the master rumbles in my already terrified head.
But suddenly a calm came... It was very strange, I think they need us alive so that we multiply to collect more corpses, such as the farmer who plants the seed and waits for it to grow... to then cut it with the scythe, my body shudders just to think about it, but I think I know what I have to do, I can't fight them... that's why I'm going to have to join them.
Form a group of hundreds of my brothers and sisters to train us... I'm not looking to do another rebellion, I just want to do my mission in the best way possible... I WILL STRENGTHEN MY RACE TO PLEASE THE MASTER AND THUS GIVE HIM A STRONGER ARMY.
I notice that I speak aloud and that a cold presence had been placed behind my back.
"So... that's your plan, it seems very interesting... unusabilityl, but that's interesting"It's the dark presence behind my back, I turn around with a combination of courage and fear... he's the master.
"We will strive to enforce your plans" I reply with some shyness, the master examines me a little... seems to smile a little.
"This is very pathetic... don't you think, the rebels are looking for something to do with their already miserable lives... "It's that sarcastic skeleton again.
"Krom... I see that you also notice it... Interesting... of this matter" The master speaks as he has his gaze fixed on me.
"Master... Let us help you, we can serve you... even before I die" I let out some pathetic words, at that moment it seems that this Krom guy is preparing to attack me psychologically with the best you have... but the master starts talking.
"You know I'd only use them as cannon fodder... You have a good enthusiasm... but that won't do you any good, it just brings more descendants and you'll be helping me," the teacher speaks mercilessly or considerately.
"I've been training with my brothers... we can be useful to you on the front, that experience can be of great value to my race" I try to convince you with all my strength, the skeleton Krom looks at me with the face of Seriously?, the master turns and leaves... but first it says, "Come with us if you want... but that alone will speed up your death," without hearing his warning, I decide to venture out with my race.
Months pass as if they were seconds... Orcs... Human... And then demons, the master was right all this time, we only serve cannon fodder. but no matter that we are still here, a new generation of nerubians are born outside dead mountain, I hope they are much stronger, the dark magic has helped the few survivors to continue fighting... the voracious young have been able to get fed up with the living by being dumped in clouds or corpses when the battle is over, to the pleasure of the Scarec Nexus, I have also met the old leader of the ancient rebellion... but reanimated as an undead, his power reached levels that a nerubians had ever thought.
Ornasion the Destroyer has finally fallen... but it had only been sent as cannon fodder as well, but it is noticeable that it would be a corpse of great use to the master... now I'm going back to Dead Mountain again.
The new generation is very strong, although only they were saved as the last battle was too much for the remaining seven, among them... I myself, Master Aridon has reanimated me again, as soon as we reached the mountains he directed me a few last words: "I told you that we would only use you as cannon fodder... and that you would die early... but that will be an invaluable experience for your race... because I think something like this will ever happen again... I have to think a lot about balance, so I'll be meditating for a while... I hope they don't do crazy things without my consent" The master has spoken to me as cold as ever, but it is good to know that he always reminded me.
How did you know you were talking to the same nerubian as before? I asked the master curiously and he responded like a glass dagger.
"I didn't know... even if it wasn't you, I wouldn't be wasting my time looking for you... just grab the first nerubian I saw" That was the last time I saw him.

Last edited:
Level 29
My review of "The Bone Mine"

One of the greatest strike against the Bloodstone Dwarves had been the withdrawal of the Runepriests. After the Bloodstones had dared to break just another tradition with one of their mining operations, the head of the Lorekeeper clan back in the day, the predecessor of Horgar Whitebeard, only mere weeks prior to his natural death, demanded that the Runepriests that belonged to the Bloodstones abandon their clan or be stripped of their positions as runepriests, forbidden to ever use the art of runes again.

Wow, just wow...

The Bloodstones were assigned to assist the crusaders of the Imperial Duke Volarian Redfist by the high king himself. It had been a great honor to be given such an assignment by the high king himself.

And what an honor it was. Fighting alongside crazy genocidal humans. It is funny that the Dwarves criticize humans, but they had the habit of always siding with the worst human factions (Golden Guard, the Redfists), not to mention that some Dwarves became slaves to the Demons.

Not to mention, that they would have done the entire damn continent, even the cursed dragon worshippers, a service: The eradication of the Orcs.

If you wanted to do everyone a favor, you should have killed the Redfists and then went to fight the demons. The orcs pillage, yes, but the Demons either annihilate or enslave all that they see.

After a while, Ragnar left and decided to meet with his engineers. There was still much work to be done. He'd ease the troubled mind of his high king. Zarin had earned Ragnar's loyalty. Ragnar understood why Zarin did not act against the enemies of Zyainor, but the Bloodstones would not just wait for Zyainor to fall apart on its own. No, not again. If the high king did not want to act, then the Bloodstones bloody well would - with or without his approval.

I can now see that Ragnar and the Bloodstones will be the ones to provide Gardon a motive to attack the Dwarves.
And then Gardon will tell his "sister" Amari and the Dwarves will suffer the combined wrath of both Zyainor and the Dominion.

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
I hope you're happy Shar. The hard mode playthrough is almost done.

Chapter 14 hard.jpg

Not how I imagined I'd spend the afternoon of a day off but once I started I thought I might as well finish.

Btw if I beat my best time of 13 minutes in the next mission that means you have to buff it. Heh

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
What do you mean? I was finishing up a long term hard playthrough of the SOB for Shar. It shouldn't have been a hard playthrough but I forgot I set my base game WC3 campaigns to hard, so everything one onwards was a bit of a mess for my sanity.

If you mean a timely fashion for chapter 15, well sort of, I just killed the demons like I was Gardon. Fifteen is one of those missions where the longer you take the worse it gets, the pitlords are more of a danger than Kersidar who is now Kerby because why not it got stuck in my head last night.