• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Round Table of Arkain

Level 29
To be fair, when the two allied, van Durce no longer wanted that.

Ok, but he only chose to do this after the Emperor (Largoth) decided to leave the Golden Guard on the continent.
Basically van Durce was like "We are ok letting a boat sink, as long we are not in it of course."

It's less of him being an asshole father, it is him being a traditionalistic high king.
I get where you come from, though.

An unreasonable and stubborn king that refuses to listen to advices from his own daughter, one which he treats harshly. People in the medieval times got killed for far less.

I can already give a prediction. Zyainor will inevitably come to deal with the Dwarves, his daughter will plead him to bend the knee, but Zarin obviously will refuse and say something like "I would rather see my entire kingdom be destroyed than watch it being submitted to Gardon" and then the daughter and her supporters decide to kill him, not wanting to see their brethren suffer simply because Zarin was too stubborn to listen to reason.

I mean, more open to new ideas, yeah, but standing up to Zyainor seems like an impossible task for the other mortal realms, doesn't it?

At least is better than just staying in the caves, watching Zyainor taking over everything. Because guess what Zarin, once Gardon is done conquering the rest of the Kingdoms, what exactly stops him from deciding to deal with the Dwarves? Nothing!

Gardon will have the numbers, technology, magic, support and dragons to mop the floor with the Dwarves.
Even worse, Gardon might even ask the Dominion for help, because I am sure Amari and the orcs would gladly like to settle the score with the Dwarves after they killed Rangul.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Zarin obviously will refuse and say something like "I would rather see my entire kingdom be destroyed than watch it being submitted to Gardon"
He would indeed rather see it burned down than, as he'd put it, "suffer the fate of the Elves".

At least is better than just staying in the caves, watching Zyainor taking over everything. Because guess what Zarin, once Gardon is done conquering the rest of the Kingdoms, what exactly stops him from deciding to deal with the Dwarves? Nothing!

Gardon will have the numbers, technology, magic, support and dragons to mop the floor with the Dwarves.
Even worse, Gardon might even ask the Dominion for help, because I am sure Amari and the orcs would gladly like to settle the score with the Dwarves after they killed Rangul.
Zarin's rule certainly is up for some *interesting* times ahead, don't you think?

Level 29
He would indeed rather see it burned down than, as he'd put it, "suffer the fate of the Elves".

He most likely would do stuff like scorched earth tactics, order his men to fight to the last and even prepare explosives to bury entire cities in hopes of dragging as many Ironfists as possible...
I bet some will eventually get fed up and decide to get rid of him.

Zarin's rule certainly is up for some *interesting* times ahead, don't you think?

Yeah, too bad that he is leading his entire people into dark times.

Level 16
I really like your campaigns, Shar Dundred. I just love how everything is crafted. There are some questions I would like to ask about, however.
Do you have any plans regarding the Demon campaign? They are one of my favorite races so far. From characters, if possible in future spin-offs, is there any possibility of seeing the interaction between Ornasion and Lisara, and how Lisara was banished? Those are really interesting to see. Rahandir's human form? Dark One and Demon God appearances? Why Lady Meya is so... nightmarish-looking while the character sheet mentioned her as 'using her looks to seduce beautiful young women and men whatever way she wished'?
Your works are real masterpieces I must say. And, I'm staying tuned for Second Undead Book. Best Regards.

Level 22
Gather around the campfires of Salria where a thousand Orcs have burned children, gather around. Let me tell you a story, where everyone's favourite Father, the bringer of gifts for all, Father Redfist himself, saved Arkain Christmas by defeating the evil green grinch that caused trouble all year round, Rangul.
Once upon a time, the Orcs were very bad boys. They always did bad things. Father Redfist saw this and did nothing. Unlike his evil counterpart, Kramparidon, who punished them in ways I can't describe, Father Redfist decided to teach them a lesson in a very different way.
Unfortunately, the Orcs never learned. Worst of all, the evil madman leader raider stealer bad things doing grinch himself, Rangul, was not happy. He had everything he wanted, but getting a gift from Father Redfist, he never did. He devised a plan. In the mystical kingdom land of Laplor, Father Redfist's factory was. There, every gift that was ever delivered to everyone was created. Rangul, the ruiner of happiness wanted them all. He prepared his party and set out to find the factory. After 4 days and one Kramparidon frown at the coincidence, he found it. At first, he raided nearly everything, but then, a change of heart happened. He wanted absolutely everything. So he took one of Redfist's girl helpers too. Her name was Vanessa and the entire world was going to get engulfed in the red happiness that was Father Redfist after he found out about it.
One might think he was angry, but unlike a certain Volarian guy, he would never be. He was just... disappointed, for the lack of a better word.
Father Redfist gathered his legions of red friends and helpers and even made some dwarven friends along the way and began his search for the grinch himself, Rangul...
And he found him in a few days. Getting constantly chased by demons, humans and Kramparidon himself in addition to getting help from the Shadow of Arkain Christmas past quickly blows your cover, doesn't it?
So there it was, the clash of the best dad ever and the biggest happiness ruiner ever. Father Redfist of course, was not happy with everything that Rangul did to him. Winter practically ended when Father Redfist saw Rangul. He was just that "happy" that the snow itself melted from all of Arkain.
- "Rangul you've been a very bad boy!" said Redfist
- "So?" said Rangul
- "Oh, it's nothing, I'll just use a little bit of violence this time", said Redfist
- "And?" said Rangul
- "Prepare for my exploding in your face fireworks attack", said Redfist
- "Wait, no...."
And that's how Father Redfist saved Arkain Christmas. For extra details on what happens next, please play Legends of Arkain, SOB. Or maybe don't, because, let's just say that I missed a few small details. They're nothing special, so please, don't! You'll thank me later.

Level 1
really love the legends of arkain campaigns, Aside from fun gameplay the story is really good, but im kinda wondering about Thanok’s backstories and even Gardon. Like the several times in the stories some characters would say something like “ Is that Thanok? The person i’ve been hearing dark tales about? It made me wonder on the “ Dark Tales “ and the backstory of Thanok or even the origins of the Ironfist. So maybe add these “ Tales “ in the 2nd undead book or maybe add it to the tales of arkain.

Level 29
really love the legends of arkain campaigns, Aside from fun gameplay the story is really good, but im kinda wondering about Thanok’s backstories and even Gardon. Like the several times in the stories some characters would say something like “ Is that Thanok? The person i’ve been hearing dark tales about? It made me wonder on the “ Dark Tales “ and the backstory of Thanok or even the origins of the Ironfist. So maybe add these “ Tales “ in the 2nd undead book or maybe add it to the tales of arkain.

Gardon is the nephew of van Durce, the brother of the Emperor and the pupil of Lord Brian.

Thanok is not a human, if you still hadn't noticed it. He is a Black Dragon in disguise that served as kind of an emissary sent by the Dragon Queen to help Gardon in recrating the kingdom of Zyainor.

Level 19
The dragón Queen said that they gave gardon his armor and one of their kind as Ally because she sensed that gardon was the one that would rebuilt Zyanor to this old Glory.

The Ally is thanok

Level 34
We know that Gardon was sent by Brian to find ( investigate) the black dragons.

1.Gardon met Thanok before the Queen. Thanok introduced Gardon to the Queen.

2.Gardon met Thanok after the Queen decided Thanok to join Gardon.

3. Thanok was on Rodan and met Brian , Gardon thus they found out about the dragons.

And so many other possibilities :D

Level 29
Just read the new short story "Awakening the Dragon"

"... and many other generals of the Imperial Army did not trust Gardon, he had a reputation as "untrustworthy", "sinister", "cruel"..."

Oh, I delight in the irony.

"Their opinion would not matter, Gardon did not care if they'd change it once he had won this war for them. He did not do this for recognition or reputation, he did it because the Demons had to be stopped. Let them all hate and mistrust him if they desired to do so, he did not care. Their opinion was the last thing he cared about."

And it is exactly because of this that Gardon is my favorite human in all of Arkain!
No concern for personal validation or recognition. After all, what is the point when facing a foe that seeks to either enslave or kill everyone?

"She wore a dark dress with golden decoration. Expensive jewelry seemed to highlight the decoration. Around her neck, she wore a golden necklace that carried a ruby. Her skin was pale, almost as white as milk. Her face was beautiful, covered in long, black hair, and Gardon had little doubt that, if this woman would appear in any court, the nobles would throw themselves at her. He knew that she was ancient but from looks alone she could be in her twenties or thirties. Her orange eyes seemed to study her visitors with little to no interest. She radiated an aura of superiority, an aura of power and knowledge."

Oh, the Dragon Queen is a beauty. But then again, since she is royalty and her human form is due to her magic, of course this is to be expected.

"If you know our history, however, then you should also know that we and the humans are no longer allied. We no longer have any interest in the fate of mankind. The Kingdoms and your Empire have nothing in common with the nation we lend our aid to once. Zyainor has fallen, our former friends and allies are long dead."

It is good to see that the Queen doesn't hold a grudge towards humanity in general. She still remembers fondly the men of Zyainor despite the mistakes that their descendants made.

"What if we could bring it back? What if the Kingdoms were no more but Zyainor was to return - along with its dragon cults. You were worshipped by the old Zyaise, we could bring your golden age back. Join me, not the Kingdoms, not the Empire, and I will bring back Zyainor - as vassal state of the Empire. The Emperor will not care about who is worshipped on this continent as long as it stays loyal during his lifetime and pays its taxes."

Gardon supporting religious tolerance? I like him even more :thumbs_up:

"This is Thanok. He will from now on serve as your right-hand-man. He will train your forces to perform even better on the battlefield and support you in your battles - and not only watch you for us, he will also help you find the true heir of Zyainor. Unless you changed your mind, that is." Kasraazs said. Gardon nodded.
"We have a deal, dragon queen." he said and looked at Thanok.
"I wonder, however, what qualifies him to train my forces?" Gardon asked. Now Thanok's eyes met his.
"I have trained black dragons. Trust me, I know what I do." he said.

And thus, the greatest commander - right hand man bromance began...

Level 22
Keeping his promises and going through with them. Your typical good guy Gardon.
He was also correct in saying that the emperor will remember who supported humanity, but that's for all the wrong reasons, so the less said about that, the better.
Him trusting Thanok almost immediately came off as a little weird to me though. Thanok just saying that he knows what he's doing is not a very good validation of competence.
I don't doubt Thanok's competence now, but that moment would normally leave a really bad first impression.

inpatiently -> impatiently
inpatience -> impatience
as vassal state -> as a vassal state
believeable -> believable

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Oh, I delight in the irony.
Gardon does too I am sure.
And it is exactly because of this that Gardon is my favorite human in all of Arkain!
No concern for personal validation or recognition. After all, what is the point when facing a foe that seeks to either enslave or kill everyone?
The big question you have to ask: Does the end ALWAYS justify the means? ;)
Oh, the Dragon Queen is a beauty. But then again, since she is royalty and her human form is due to her magic, of course this is to be expected.
Gotta make an impression to be noticed.
It is good to see that the Queen doesn't hold a grudge towards humanity in general. She still remembers fondly the men of Zyainor despite the mistakes that their descendants made.
She used to have a grudge but she pretty much learned that this was a mistake you could say.
Gardon supporting religious tolerance? I like him even more :thumbs_up:
I think it is more of him not caring but at the same time that is not a different thing so yeah.
And thus, the greatest commander - right hand man bromance began...
Poor Merlon.
Keeping his promises and going through with them. Your typical good guy Gardon.
Keeping his word, yes, not sure if I can support the "good guy Gardon" though. :p
Him trusting Thanok almost immediately came off as a little weird to me though. Thanok just saying that he knows what he's doing is not a very good validation of competence.
I don't doubt Thanok's competence now, but that moment would normally leave a really bad first impression.
I may edit that and prolong the talk, I am not too happy about it myself.

Level 29
Gardon does too I am sure.

Just to be clear. I am talking about the fact that Gardon is the lesser demon out of both him and their beloved emperor.

The big question you have to ask: Does the end ALWAYS justify the means? ;)

Sometimes. In this case, it sure does. It doesn't involve mass genocide, selling their souls to some evil entity or something nefarious like that...

I think it is more of him not caring but at the same time that is not a different thing so yeah.

At least he doesn't care enough to either persecute or abolish this religion.

Poor Merlon.

Come on. Thanok has been on Gardon's side the longest and he is his most trustworthy follower. Thanok is Gardon's Dragon, both figuratively and literally, the Soundwave to Gardon's Megatron, the Kel'Thuzad to Gardon's Lich King, etc...

Level 6
just noticed that in hapter 4 FHB there is 1 pitlord that drops "Book of sacrifices" and in my opinion thats pretty useless cus the only thing it does is kill firendly UNDEAD unit and heal your hero...

maybe change that item to something else?

Level 29
just noticed that in hapter 4 FHB there is 1 pitlord that drops "Book of sacrifices" and in my opinion thats pretty useless cus the only thing it does is kill firendly UNDEAD unit and heal your hero...

maybe change that item to something else?

It can be useful if you have 2 or more necromancers. But I no longer recall if you already have access to necromancers then, so I can be mistaken.

Level 6
It can be useful if you have 2 or more necromancers. But I no longer recall if you already have access to necromancers then, so I can be mistaken.
salana don't have any acces to necromancers. if i remember she only apears on mission 4 and that mission when you are surrounded by 6 orcish clans

Level 29
salana don't have any acces to necromancers. if i remember she only apears on mission 4 and that mission when you are surrounded by 6 orcish clans

Oh. I had a feeling that I was wrong.

You are right, then. Having a Tome of Sacrifices on your inventory only becomes useful once you have access to necromancers, since you can sacrifice Skeleton Warriors to keep your hero alive.
However, since this takes a while, yes, it is kind of annoying having to sacrifice one possible good item simply to save one item that only becomes useful basically at the end of the campaign.

Level 6
Oh. I had a feeling that I was wrong.

You are right, then. Having a Tome of Sacrifices on your inventory only becomes useful once you have access to necromancers, since you can sacrifice Skeleton Warriors to keep your hero alive.
However, since this takes a while, yes, it is kind of annoying having to sacrifice one possible good item simply to save one item that only becomes useful basically at the end of the campaign.
also i think first human book need more little changes, for instance:
in chapter 3 maybe make some kinda of invisible barrier how far that chieftain dude can go on becouse i find it pretty annoying that he can just go down all those ramps and most of waves just miss him and go straight for that throne

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Yeah, I gotta replace that item.
in chapter 3 maybe make some kinda of invisible barrier how far that chieftain dude can go on becouse i find it pretty annoying that he can just go down all those ramps and most of waves just miss him and go straight for that throne
I intend to update their AI to make them charge towards him rather than his throne.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
these caves;
brought with them;
Then he took a step forward;

people or kin for dragons?

Why was an heir important considering the dangerous facts at the time?
As a dragon, Thanok could properly train humanoids?

Last edited:

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
Why was an heir important considering the dangerous facts at the time?

It's more of a test to see if Gardon is serious about this, and Gardon is serious in everything he does. The apparent "heir" is not important at all she just needs to know that Gardon will go the distance and get the dragons out of the dark and back into the open sky or some such poetic drivel.

The fact that he actually found an heir is the most impressive part because it was supposed to be an open ended snipe hunt, we don't actually care but thank you for the vote of confidence alright let's go to war together.

Level 29
Just read the new short story 'Drums in the South'

She snorted. Entertainment! Sure, her friend Okri who had taken her place as leader of the Cliffhunter Clan after Amari had become Empress of the Tribal Dominion, loved these encounters, just like she enjoyed battle itself, but Amari found no pleasure in watching two of her own kind fight against each other - Orc fighting Orc was something that had almost led their race to ruin several years ago.
Well, as long these fights are friendly and aren't till one dies, I see no problem with this.

She cared for her people, not for the traditions of her people.
To be fair, Amari, the traditions are part of the people. In a way, if the traditions die, so does the people.

"Yes, of course, thank you, Grofzag." Amazi replied and rolled her eyes. "It begins to annoy me. Their number seems to have increased lately." she said and sighed. She was still the single empress of the nation and, since she was also beautiful by Orc standards, there were some who had tried to get closer to her - without any luck so far.
Not sure if they are interested in her or in what comes with marrying her.

"Oh, I did not want to ask about getting involved, I wanted to suggest that we maybe should try to get into contact with the Humans when this conflict is over. The Humans have not accepted us as a nation, but their new nation Zyainor is very different from the Kingdoms. We could at the very least try to set up some diplomatic connection." Vanessa suggested. Grella nodded.
"I like the idea. A peaceful coexistance with Humans is possible, we also live peacefully with the Salrians now after all. We could at the very least try it." she said. Zairmak looked unconvinced, Grofzag seemed to think about it.

Yes, they should form diplomatic relationships with Zyainor, because, let's be honest, they are the most tolerant out of the other three factions.

"My apologies, master, I still think that a romantic relationship with him would only lead to problems - and I am not interested. Neither is he, I am sure. From what you have told me, he already has some elven lover in addition to his wife." she said. Brian let out a short laugh.
"If I didn't know you better, Amari, I'd wonder if you were jealous."

Lol. 'Brian' is the ultimate shipper. He wants his 'kids' to get together.
But she is right. Him marrying an orc would leave to many problems. He already had trouble with his new ideas (legalizing necromancy, allying with dragons, etc) and marrying an orc would be simply adding fuel to the fire.

In another part of the palace, Vanessa had an uneasy sleep. She felt like there was something in her room, watching, observing her, but whenever she stood up and took a look around, there was nothing to be seen. It also felt like the room was darker than usual - somehow, however, she felt comfortable in this darkness...

And the Dark One has taken an interest on Vanessa, great...

Level 22
Ironic of the Tribal Dominion to say that they won't be the ones to begin a war, considering they took some of the mines owned by Zyainor ( Technically. I know they can also be classified as claims.)
It's also nice to see Brian being a bit saner than last time, since that suggestion of his... It could work, but it's not preferable.
Vanessa is most likely being watched by the Dark One. Or it could be Aridon, though the probability of that is pretty low.

Oneeye simpy nodded. -> Oneeye simply nodded.
peaceful coexistance -> peaceful coexistence
room immediatly -> room immediately
were also there While Grella -> were also there. While Grella

Level 29
MAJOR UPDATE:
The short story "Drums in the South" has been updated with additional scenes! Be sure to
give it another read! ;)

Just read it

Amari is totally right to be paranoid.

I wonder though, Boranel is working for who?

When I read that he is a former champion of Empire, I at first thought he serves the Empire, but then why would he then say he came from it?
Then he somehow knows about the Shadowed One, aka Lord Brian', so he must have knowledge regarding the Four.

My theories:
-Boranel is secretly Largoth or another creature that serves the Dark One
OR
-He is a human from the Empire, but is one of the few that knows who is the true master of the Empire
OR
-He is a guy from Zyainor, personally taught by Gardon and thus is well-versed regarding Shadow magic.

Level 8
I'm thinking it's... Sir Praxeus... if you remember the old short stories (I see very annoying Shar), he is looking for the holy grail (I think that's his name), he even possesses the descendant of the wolf of Gardon... Well... it is very interesting that an abandoned story finds reborn (First short stories... Then short story updates... Then DLC of short stories?) [/ SPOILER]

Level 12
I'm thinking it's... Sir Praxeus... if you remember the old short stories (I see very annoying Shar), he is looking for the holy grail (I think that's his name), he even possesses the descendant of the wolf of Gardon... Well... it is very interesting that an abandoned story finds reborn (First short stories... Then short story updates... Then DLC of short stories?) [/ SPOILER]

Yeah, "He knew that aura well. Too well." He fought against gardon and survived.

Level 1
I'd personally think choices that alter the story in a drastic way are actually the best, if you can incorporate them into story so it doesn't break down altogether. Most obvious are the likes of
Gardon/not Gardon
endings of course.

It'll obviously take much more effort if so, but the feeling your old, old choices actually matter during all campaigns was awesome in a way original Warcraft never dared to deliver.

Level 3
Wish to have a backup of W3 before patch 1.31, why? well since i update the game and "both" merge into one i can no longer play it, dont know i have to despise Blizzard for that...

Level 29
Wish to have a backup of W3 before patch 1.31, why? well since i update the game and "both" merge into one i can no longer play it, dont know i have to despise Blizzard for that...

The utter dissapointment of Warcraft Reforged...
The sheer dissapointiment that was the finale of Battle for Azeroth...
The oncoming dissapointment that will be Shadowlands...

Blizzard's reputation surely has lowered considerably...

Level 3
The utter dissapointment of Warcraft Reforged...
The sheer dissapointiment that was the finale of Battle for Azeroth...
The oncoming dissapointment that will be Shadowlands...

Blizzard's reputation surely has lowered considerably...

Well indeed its a dissapointment what happened to me, YET I cant really say that Reforged its a deception to me because i havent play it and what i see so far, its just the same game but "more cute". Shar mention that the game dont have the Custom Campaing option but IMHO we must wait until Blizzard decide to release more info about their plans...

Level 29
Well indeed its a dissapointment what happened to me, YET I cant really say that Reforged its a deception to me because i havent play it and what i see so far, its just the same game but "more cute". Shar mention that the game dont have the Custom Campaing option but IMHO we must wait until Blizzard decide to release more info about their plans...

I didn't mean to say that Reforged is a dissapointment, but yesterday I saw a 20 minute long video on Youtube explaining why the launch was a dissapointment. Apparently, Reforged is going to need a lot of fixes already.

Shar even warned to NOT download it until they made Custom Campaigns avaiable. Custom Campaigns are, in my opinion, one of the best assets that Warcraft 3 has and not having it in Reforged kind of sucks if you ask me.