• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Round Table of Arkain

Level 2
Alternate timelines? WHAT?!?!

So Vanessa is alive in the Orc Series but dead in the Undead Books? Wow... Shar, your world is even more fantastic when I learn more about it! Cheers!

Level 2
Also, if Vanessa is dead in the First Undead Book, why is there TWO Vanessa in the First Orc Book (The Death Knight and the intriguing original Vanessa)

Last edited by a moderator:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Off topic removed. Please remember that this is still the Legends of Arkain forum, not the off topic one.

Also, if Vanessa is dead in the First Undead Book, why is there TWO Vanessa in the First Orc Book (The Death Knight and the intriguing original Vanessa)
There is only one Vanessa in the First Orc Book. ;)

Level 2
I understand. Well, Shar, thanks for solving me the questions. Cheers, and good luck in the Second Undead Book! I'm waiting to play it :D

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
upload_2019-8-25_22-25-51.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-8-25_22-25-44.png
    upload_2019-8-25_22-25-44.png
    12.4 KB · Views: 227
Level 2
Brian and Aridon brothers, didn't see that one coming but could someone explain or put a link for the full story like i am lost in the whole four ancient dudes thing real bad i remember reading something about it before but i don't remember where it is, so Brian is lord of shadows Aridon is lord of the dead and there is a demon god and a dark one, any background story about them?

Level 22
I get the idea behind making the player more hyped, but honestly, releasing less demos would rob you of player input during development, which could make the end product a bit buggy and possibly unbalanced (*insert scared Aridon emoji here*). I'm sure you'll do a good job at testing the maps, but there are always things you may overlook or miss.
In terms of the orc race mechanic, why are you unhappy with it? While it is not what it should have been, I can't say it's bad.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
In terms of the orc race mechanic, why are you unhappy with it? While it is not what it should have been, I can't say it's bad.
It is not "bad" in my opinion, I am just unhappy that it is just a shadow of its former self (pun totally intended).
It gives you a lot of units and great combinations but I would like it to have something more than that, to feel more like a new mechanic.

Level 29
It is not "bad" in my opinion, I am just unhappy that it is just a shadow of its former self (pun totally intended).
It gives you a lot of units and great combinations but I would like it to have something more than that, to feel more like a new mechanic.

I kind of get what you mean. The Dominion's mechanic is basically having access to units from numerous faces, that is just about it.

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

I get the idea of releasing a short demo and then focusing on the end product, but I feel like you shouldnt abandon your old way of crustesting stuff using us, the hivers.

I dare say it'll make the production even harder for you, since you'll have to deal with all the issues in a big chunk, rather than chapter by chapter.
At the end of the day, its up to you Shar.

Level 3
I get the idea of releasing a short demo and then focusing on the end product, but I feel like you shouldnt abandon your old way of crustesting stuff using us, the hivers.

Not a demo, but maybe a... new trailer?...

Level 5
Shar is it some kind of meme in aftermath made by mr.Kaskrin Time will tell if she's usful or not but that doesn't matter | shouldnt it be usefull

Level 1
Shur, what about Vermon, Erganoth, former ruler of Souleater legion, true personality of Largoth and some other characters, who didn't take part in events during first and second book? (Too much demons, don't you think?) Could we see them in another project, like demon spin-off, sequel or prequel book with Lizara or Erganoth as a main character (depending on who you like more Dark One or Demon God)?

It seems to me that such a project is needed for a long time. A couple of years ago you wrote that you were planning something like these.

Level 8
I don't know if anyone had noticed, but I'll still tell it, in the first human book, in the mission where we help gardon explore the Pearl of Lor, after completing the main mission, one can be returned down that same path, the fountain is no longer invulnerable , so you can destroy it, I don't know if that's planned or there's only one mistake there

I don't know if anyone had noticed, but I'll still tell it, in the first human book, in the mission where we help gardon explore the Pearl of Lor, after completing the main mission, one can be returned down that same path, the fountain is no longer invulnerable , so you can destroy it, I don't know if that's planned or there's only one mistake there

Looks like bug to me.

Level 22
The beginning of the story was lit. :ogre_hurrhurr:
Anyway, I get why Dorten would semi-trust Aridon, but this was the same guy that ordered the killing of royal troops at the Gate of Hell and the person who is largely responsible for Toraes' disappearance. I expected Dorten to be a bit more stubborn and bring up these points as to why he wouldn't trust him at all.
At least I can agree with Aridon saying that his prophecy is most likely incorrect. Gardon would most likely just force a high ranking royal of Kerrel to sign an unfair treaty where he just gives him the kingdom. No mercenaries or sending armies required.

black thorn -> Blackthorn
counter invasion -> counter-invasion
meassures -> measures

Level 29
The beginning of the story was lit. :ogre_hurrhurr:
Anyway, I get why Dorten would semi-trust Aridon, but this was the same guy that ordered the killing of royal troops at the Gate of Hell and the person who is largely responsible for Toraes' disappearance. I expected Dorten to be a bit more stubborn and bring up these points as to why he wouldn't trust him at all.
At least I can agree with Aridon saying that his prophecy is most likely incorrect. Gardon would most likely just force a high ranking royal of Kerrel to sign an unfair treaty where he just gives him the kingdom. No mercenaries or sending armies required.

Well, given that his country is in a cold war with Gardon, who is not exactly a trustworthy guy, Dorten's paranoia has increased to the point that he is willing to trust an undead. At least Aridon is providing an aid of somesort, which makes him the lesser of two evils.

Of course, Dorten's former alliance with Gardon was similar to this, so basically Dorten is simply switching morally shady allies.

Level 3
I don't no whether it was mentioned above, but what about giving units of the Dominion race auras that buff members of any other race, thus making player to combine units of different races? At least, when i hear the words like brother's in arms it seems like units helping and buffing each other.

Level 10
Probably cant pull that one off. in the old times we used to turtle up until we can build an op army to rat the enemy base :D doesnt work anymore tho

Level 3
Sorry but, you should give more details, i mean, you are stuck? what you just did? which part of the map you get stuck?... i mean more details...

I can't play that chapter.. It's just my screen go black and nothing happen

Level 29
I do have a few things in my oven. ;)

For the time being, I will just let you know that I intended to add some short stories at some point in the next few days sometime.

Then leave it there until is perfect :)

Good to know that more short stories will come soon.

Level 29
Just read the new short story

"...destroyed the friendship..."

No Zarin, you destroyed the friendship. While Gardon did give you reasons to do so, it was the Dwarves that rejected to join the Ironfist and instead side with the Golden Guard.

"Who knew how long it would be until the Demons would invade again?"

Oh, so now you are concerned about the demons? Maybe you should have thought about that when you sided with van Durce, the guy that wanted to leave the entire continent to its fate.

"Zarin raised his hand and immediatly silenced his daughter by doing so. She was getting ahead of herself, she had not even waited for him to give permission to continue. While this was something a father COULD forgive, a high king certainly could not. She looked back on the ground, not saying a word. Zarin, on the other hand, slightly raised his voice to highlight his discontent."

Wow, Zarin, what a good way to treat your daughter...
Let's hope that it doesn't come to bite you later on, right?

"Such a thing was impossible. Neither Zarin nor any other king had forgotten that Dorten and his followers had actively supported Gardon during the Second Voidwar – not only in the war but also politically by accepting him as king of two kingdoms and as if that had not been enough, accepting the return of the Black Dragons, allowing him to bring back Zyainor! An unforgiveable crime. A human king might have forgotten or forgiven this act of betrayal, but no dwarf. After the Humans of the Kingdoms had now, for the second time, allied with the Black Dragons, most Dwarven rulers had little doubt that the Humans of Zyainor and the Kingdoms – what still remained of them anyway – had proven that their kind would NEVER be in a position where they could be accepted as allies or even trade partners ever again. And so, Zarin returned to his thoughts."

Gee, why did Dorten choose to side with Gardon, I wonder. It is not like van Durce gave MORE THAN ONE reason for him to do so, right?
Let's see:
-Act like the douche he is
-Commence a coup on a neighboring kingdom
-Support said coup in a war against not only the Ironfist but against the other kingdoms as well
-Decide to remove all Imperial support on the continent, no longer caring if the Demons were to overrun it and kill everyone living on it
Plus, Dorten wasn't aware that Gardon wanted to recreate the kingdom of Zyainor until it was too late for him to do anything about it.

Zarin, you were wrong in supporting van Durce over Gardon and now you are wrong in not supporting Dorten. So, go ahead, stay in your caves being a lousy father while Zyainor takes over the entire continent, and next thing you know, Gardon will come and deal with both you and the rest of your kind like you deserve. I at least am certain that your daughter will be a more reasonable ruler than you are. Let's hope that you, in your stubborness, won't drag the rest of the Dwarves along with you to the grave.

Last edited:
Level 22
Zarin should be a bit smarter. His rejection of an alliance will lead to his people perishing sooner rather than later. His refusal to listen to his daughter just shows he's become a hardheaded coconut. He can, of course, wait for an ice meteor to drop on Gardon during a random battle and kill him, but it isn't happening soon. :p

the morning." he said. -> the morning," he said.
forgiveness." she said. -> forgiveness," she said.
As daughter of the high king -> As the daughter of the high king
Still, as responsible daughter -> Still, as a responsible daughter
your well-being." she said. -> your well-being," she said.
immediatly -> immediately
happen again." she whispered -> happen again," she whispered
unforgiveable -> unforgivable

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
"Who knew how long it would be until the Demons would invade again?"

Oh, so now you are concerned about the demons? Maybe you should have thought about that when you sided with van Durce, the guy that wanted to leave the entire continent to its fate.
To be fair, when the two allied, van Durce no longer wanted that.
"Zarin raised his hand and immediatly silenced his daughter by doing so. She was getting ahead of herself, she had not even waited for him to give permission to continue. While this was something a father COULD forgive, a high king certainly could not. She looked back on the ground, not saying a word. Zarin, on the other hand, slightly raised his voice to highlight his discontent."

Wow, Zarin, what a good way to treat your daughter...
Let's hope that it doesn't come to bite you later on, right?
It's less of him being an asshole father, it is him being a traditionalistic high king.
I get where you come from, though.

I at least am certain that your daughter will be a more reasonable ruler than you are.
I mean, more open to new ideas, yeah, but standing up to Zyainor seems like an impossible task for the other mortal realms, doesn't it?

His refusal to listen to his daughter just shows he's become a hardheaded coconut.
You can still use a hard head as a ram! :p
He can, of course, wait for an ice meteor to drop on Gardon during a random battle and kill him, but it isn't happening soon. :p
:D

the morning." he said. -> the morning," he said.
forgiveness." she said. -> forgiveness," she said.
As daughter of the high king -> As the daughter of the high king
Still, as responsible daughter -> Still, as a responsible daughter
your well-being." she said. -> your well-being," she said.
immediatly -> immediately
happen again." she whispered -> happen again," she whispered
unforgiveable -> unforgivable
Thanks, fixing that!