1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

How far will you sacrifice humanity? [SPOILER]

Discussion in 'The Legends of Arkain Series' started by Daffa, May 10, 2018.

1. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    WARNING : FULL OF SPOILER!

Let's share your choices here. Human Books only.

My First Book :
    Killed blackie
    Rescue Aedale
    Kill the dame scouts (Papa Renald be mad)
    Help Gardon
    Ally Gardon
    Kill annoying Lera
    Skip Shard Cave
    Side Gardon
    Screw Darkmind
    Skip Shard Temple
    Kill Firelord (can't remember for certain, I think I killed him)

My Second Book :
    Accident DO Happens (you guys should know what I mean)
    Burn the murloc, take everything!
    Cora hears whispering
    Larine gets along with Ironfist
    Get the Gem (and terrorize enemies)
    Skip Dark Elvies
    Spare Firelord (he already get traumatized once)
    Grennan (ew, that Taran is annoying af)
    CALL IN THE FLEET (Destructor spam)
    [Since both sides are playable, I skipped Gardon/Van Durce]
    (Oh, Gardon side was hell thanks to the fleet)
    Reject the pact
    Spare papa Redfist

Not the best ending, especially in Gardon's side. At least Merlon survives

Tell me if I miss any choice. Would like to hear you guys as well.

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  2. Logan Raynor

Logan Raynor

Resources:
    Resources:
    1st Book:

Black Dragon spared (Orb of Fire can be purchased the next chapter lol)
    Aedale rescued and Golden Guard Scout spared (no reward for killing them, really?)
    Join Gardon
    Lera survives
    Leave Shard
    Help Gardon
    Darkmind gets rekt the 2nd time
    Leave the Eye
    Kill Big Smoke

2nd Book:

Lerrig spared (his Healing Wave saved his ass, funny that he dies anyway if he joins Gardon's side)
    Cora gets the Orb (who needs Scarlet when we have a powerful Redfist mage with two Ultimate abilities?)
    Larine learns healing art ('I need healing'-Genji)
    Diamond Obtained and Outpost Destroyed
    Kill Smoke again (you picked the wrong house, fool!) and join Grennan (Taran needs a better act if he wants to get sided with)
    Follow Gardon (Renald has only melee heroes so meh!)
    Accept the pact (dunno if that affects the future or not)
    Redfist the Papa of the Year spared

At least after chapter 14 only Lerrig dies
    Dunno why accepting the pact saves Toraes's life
    Merlon is saved by both Aedale and Claire. Wondering what'd happen if there was Claire alone?
    About Cora, this is kinda new, it's an irony that her little sister turns good and she herself turns bad in the end.

It's the best choice I've made so far, both factions get screwed up hard in the end anyway.

3. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    First book:
    Killed the Black Dragon
    Rescued Aedale
    Didn't destroy the base of the unknown soldiers
    Helped Gardon
    Allied with Gardon
    Didn't kill Lera the Huntress
    Didn't take the Shard
    Didn't take the Artefact
    Sided with Gardon
    Destroyed the Darkmind clan base in chapter 9
    Killed Progaderas

Second book:
    Completed accidents do happen
    Prevented an alliance between orcs and murlocks
    Cora didn't hear the whispers
    Larine doesn't get along with Ironfist
    Got the gem
    Destroyed the base of the Dark Elves
    Chose Cora over Scarlett
    Sided with the Firespirits
    Gave Marin 10,000 lumber
    Rejected the pact
    Spared Redfist

Prince Toraes got most certainly killed, which is unfortunate. Cora was heavily wounded, but survived. Salana, Lera and Larine are your allies. Merlon survived.
    I only hope that, if we get to deal with the undead in a future book or spin-off campaign, we can, at some point finally launch an attack in the demonic lands beyond the Void. If not I'm going to really disappointed since then you are pretty much forced to chose ''accept the pact'' because it's obviously the 10000 % better choice, and it shouldn't be that way.

4. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Forgot I killed the black dragon. Poor blackie.

EDIT :
    Added missing choices in

5. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    He lost his "Best dad of the Year"-cup, btw, which he used to smack Aedale with.
    You don't happen to have seen it somewhere?

Mother of Dragons no like you, me thinks.

It wouldn't make much sense for the Undead to attack the Void themselves in the forseeable future.
    Else betraying Gardon wouldn't have been neccessary.

6. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    If you decline the pact he and his knights make a charge into the demonic homeland, to clear a small part of it and make way for your next attack. If you accept the pact this doesn't happen.

Shar was planning to make it if it was only Claire, Krom shoots through both her shield and armor and kills her. He decided not to do it though.

Possibly fixing past mistakes later is at least better than never. :p

7. Logan Raynor

Logan Raynor

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dunno why I spared the Black Dragon in the 1st book and still Renald said to Thanok that Blen killed him during c.11

8. lloyd2422

lloyd2422

Resources:
    Resources:
    During my first playthrough.
    First book:
    Killed the Black Dragon
    Rescued Aedale (that reminds me, what happens if you didnt rescue her lol)
    Destroyed the base of the unknown soldiers (srsly, how does this affect the 2nd book?)
    Helped Gardon
    Allied with Gardon
    Killed Lera the Huntress (didnt know how to save her in my first run)
    Take the Shard
    Didnt take the Artifact
    Sided with Gardon
    Destroyed the Darkmind clan base in chapter 9
    Killed Progaderas

Second book:
    Completed accidents do happen
    Prevented an alliance between orcs and murlocks
    Cora hear the whispers
    Larine get along with Ironfist
    Got the gem (how will this affect the story again?)
    Destroyed the base of the Dark Elves
    Chose Cora over Scarlett
    Sided with the Firespirits
    Gave Marin 10,000 lumber (idk how to clear this w/o destructors)
    Rejected the pact
    Spared Redfist

Im quite disappointed in my ending in the 2nd book. Cora became... a puppet? to the undead.
    Will do a another run having choices like cora didnt hear the whisper and larine didn't get along with the ironfist.
    Just to see an alternative ending.

9. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Aedale will not care about Blen's death, at all.

EDIT :
    @Shar Dundred
    Me no care, the choice didn't affect both sides much, since Blen is a goner.

10. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    Aedale doesn't care about Blen's death. Also she complained how the orcs tortured her while she was imprisoned.

You get an ally in chapter 14 B.

11. OblivionDeadra

OblivionDeadra

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ohh welp okay then

12. OblivionDeadra

OblivionDeadra

Resources:
    Resources:
    But here is my second time playing first play though

Kill black dragon because of loots
    Rescue Aedale (My god i just wanted aedale to be less demonic but in 2nd book rip)
    I didn't destroy that base tho (I wonder)
    Salana help Gardon
    Allied with Gardon again
    Didn't kill Lera (cuz i find it her cute ;) )
    Don't accept shard and demon eye (just like i said but 2nd book rip her pure soul)
    Sided with Gardon (Cause why not?)
    Destroy the darkmind clan
    Kill smoke firelord (yay)

YET TO BE ADD. so stand by

I haven't finish the previous version and newest version of it
    so that's something

Edit i just delete my post and i have to be honest though sorry

13. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    Maybe not the exact place to post it, but since some people are wondering how the opposite choice may influence the story, in the spoiler tag below I've written how every choice in the first and second book will effect the campaign. I would not recommend reading it unless you've replayed the campaign at least 2 times. If you find a mistake or something I've missed, tell me and I will edit it.
    First Human Book :
    1) Killing the black dragon in chapter 1 ( In chapter 11 A in the 2nd book, van Durce will mention while talking to Thanok how even Blen was able to slay a black dragon, so van Durce should have no problem slaying Thanok.)

2) Rescuing Aedale in chapter 3 ( If you do it she will hold Blen in a higher regard and will be saddened by his death. If you don't rescue her, at the end of the mission a soldier will inform you that she complained that the orcs tortured her while being imprisoned. She won't also care for his death.)

3) Killing the unknown soldiers in chapter 3 ( Doing it will make van Durce be pissed at you during the prologue of the 2nd book and it will make chapter 14 B harder, not doing it makes you have an ally in 14 B)

4) Helping Gardon in chapter 4 ( Doing it makes it able for you to call him as an ally in the next chapter, he also buffs your amulet. Not doing it means you can't call him as an ally, he won't make your amulet stronger, he will be disappointed by your choice and in the ending of chapter 5, Queen Renova will also be slightly disappointed by you.

5) Killing Lera the Huntress in chapter 5 ( If you kill her, you will fight a different ranger in chapter 7 of the second book. If you don't kill her and have Salana as the queen in the same chapter, she will defect and join your side)

6) Consuming the shard in chapter 6 ( Aedale will get her blizzard replace by another ability - Mark of chaos. You also won't be able to spare her father in chapter 13 of the second book)

7) Choosing to help Gardon or Genethas ( This will decide who you will fight against in the last chapter. In the prologue of the second book, if you chose Genethas, Gardon will say that Blen deserves a severe punishment, but if you side with Gardon, he will defend him.)

8) Destroying the base of the Darkmind clan - chapter 9 ( In chapter 9 of the second book Rath Wolfscar will mention how after killing van Durce he will also hunt down the dwarf that tried to kill him [aka Zarin])

9) Consume the Artefact ( Aedale's cooldown on her infernal ability in chapter 13 of the second book will be halved, Salomar will get killed by Largoth, In the final chapter of the 1st book she will aid you with demons, you unlock a secret chapter if you also consumed the shard earlier, She becomes an irredeemable cold and evil person.

10) Killing Progaderas ( if you do, in chapter 8 and 10 in the second book, after seeing you he swears to take revenge about what you did)

Second Human Book:
    1) Completing ''accidents do happen'' ( Lerrig gets killed in chapter 1, not doing it makes him appear as your ally in chapter 11 A)

2) Ruining the alliance between orcs and murlocks in chapter 1 ( In the interlude ''true colors'' van Durce will slightly compliment you. In the epilogue, Aridon will mention how you stopped their alliance)

3) Choosing the ''whispers in the dark'' Boni at least once ( in the interlude ''death of a legend'' Cora will absorb Scarlett of all her powers without you choosing and gain the Avenge ability. In the epilogue, she will also come to Aridon seeking knowledge. If you don't choose it at all, in the epilogue she will be heavily injured, but will still survive and be your ally)

4) Destroying the Dark elven base in chapter 6 ( If you do it chapter 9 becomes a bit easier and in the epilogue one of the dark elves says Gardon deserves to die for attacking them, if you don't your ally in chapter 9 will get his base quickly overran, destroyed and be replaced with a base of the dark elves)

5) Getting the gem ( if you get this and spare Redfist Merlon won't die in the ending of chapter 14 A)

6) Choosing the ''elves of the ironfist'' Boni at least once ( Larine becomes Queen, her ring will get upgraded, you will get an extra scene with her in ''death of a legend'', Salana will be heavily wounded and taken by the undead in the ending cutscene of chapter 7.)

7) Siding with the firemages or firespirits in chapter 8 ( If you sided with the firemages, you will get to train firemages ( a cheaper unit) or firespirits ( a more expensive but beefier unit), if you sided with of course the firespirits

8) Giving Marin 10,000 lumber in chapter 9 ( chapter 9 and 11 B become a bit easier, but chapter 11 A becomes harder.

9) Accept Ebira's pact ( Chapter 14 A becomes a lot easier by cutting the number of demon gates you have to destroy by roughly half. Also lowering the number of heroes you will have to fight. Prince Toraes survives.
    If you decline it, the mission gets a lot harder, Ebira will still leave, but her forces remain. Prince Toraes gets killed.)

10) Sparing or killing Volarian Redfist ( Killing him makes Lisara consume Aedale in the epilogue. At the end of chapter 14 A Merlon will get killed, in 14 B the entire Golden Guard fleet gets destroyed.
    If you spare him, in the epilogue, Aedale will overpower and successfully take control of Lisara, Merlon will survive after 14 A if you also completed the gem sidequest earlier in chapter 6. In 14 B the Golden Guard will successfully leave the continent.

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  14. Darkness.Sansoyat

Darkness.Sansoyat

Resources:
    Resources:
    I remember that Shar once said that the "ebira pact" would make Aedale come to help you in 14.A as I understand. (and if I read the previous post, I just want you to take me out of the doubt, I would like see her in 14.A to help Gardon)

15. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    My choices

First Book
    -Killed Black Dragon
    -Rescued Aedale (in order to have three heroes to fight the Darkmind)
    -Didnt destroy the secret base (a complete waste of time since they are neutral)
    -Salana helped Gardon (since her goal was to improve relationships)
    -I spared Lera (because it would be a waste)
    -Absorbed both shard and artifact (though I will replay later and choose not to)
    -Sided with Gardon (because Gardon is a fan-favorite :D)
    -I destroyed Darkmind base (they all have to die!)
    -Killed Progaderas (just to piss him off and see his revenge. I was dissapointed)

Second Book
    -Killed the Golden Guard before reaching the outpost (Lerrig didn't deserve to be rescued)
    -Prevented orc-murloc alliance (because orcs are already annoying enough without having the aid of murlocs)
    -I never chose the Whispers boni (because I had a bad feeling)
    -Released the opressed town (to free the opressed and get an ally that was closer to the enemy than I was)
    -Destroyed Retka's supporters grey base
    -I got the gem (why not?)
    -Spared the Dark Elves (because it would be a waste of both time and resources, plus they were attacking the elves)
    -Killed Scarlett (in order to keep Cora. Cora is a high-ranked member of the Empire, while Scarlett is a traitor that leads a bunch of marauders)
    -Joined the Flamekeepers (the fire revenants) (because in the interlude a commander blames the wizard leader for the situation, so I grew suspicious)
    -Gave Marin all that lumber
    -Accepted the pact with Ebira (for I support inter-racial agreements and I am against genocide)
    -Spared Redfist (just to see the difference)

16. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    Kind of contradicting ourselves, aren't we? :p

You did a good thing, although...

17. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    I wanted to exterminate the Darkmind Clan, not the entire orc race.

Gardon wanted to exterminate Demon kind.

There is a difference.

Crap baskets!

18. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Admit it, you fell in love with Ebira. :p

19. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    Aha, it looks like LISBOAH was able to be seduced. :p
    I luckily fell in in love with the gate of hell. And then I lost it, we all did actually... forever. :(
    It would have made sense, though in my opinion, if we accepted the Ebira pact for the undead to allow us to construct our defense there. Gardon can't enter their lands and genocide them no matter how much he wants to, it would have been a perfect chokepoint, it's at a strategic location, it would have kept the demons trapped in their own homeland, thus eliminating them from threatening the continent forever, the humans could use a lot fewer men to defend it, the undead wanted the humans to defend them for a long time and they would have gotten their defense, for 1000x times longer.
    Aridon, just why?

20. OblivionDeadra

OblivionDeadra

Resources:
    Resources:
    Should i call the remaining Golden guard to captured LISBOAH?

Just kidding