• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Race Building Contest #3 - Mini Melee Race

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I doubt she'd want to be a priest. Yeah, she opened a thread about gays the other day, but still... I'll search for a High Elven priestess and I'll replace her :D

EDIT: Omg there are so many nice models, too bad I didn't go for a High Elven race!! No female model yet, save for a female swordswoman...
Hm, I guess I'll pick the sorceress model :/

Level 11
rofl! Do you imagine a male priest with a female voice?
*idea!*
HOLY SMOKE! That's it! AND it's a reference to Elenai's "About gayz" thread! OMG I love you!!!!11

EDIT: I just remembered. Do we have to write AI for our race (yuk!)?

Level 38
You know it would be nice to have a tournament after this contest is finished. To see whose race is strongest.

All that would show is who's race is the most imbalanced :(
And if they were all as balanced as the existing melee races, who is the best player. I'd personally find it more interesting to see which contestants are the best with the existing melee races.

About the units upgrading counting as one unit, if a scout tower upgrades into a guard tower, all that happens is it gains additional damage capabilities it did not have before, essentially improving it as much as a caster upgrade would improve a priest, which is why both units would only count as 1. However, a cannon tower is a very different unit than the guard tower, it has a different damage type, applies damage in a different way, and can only hit ground targets. It has a different roll, different stats, and is a different unit. The arcane tower is also very different from the cannon and guard towers. The four human towers would then count as three units for the purpose of this contest.

The entangled gold mine is so a building to.

Also, at those of you wishing to do races based on hive members, I can see that easily getting out of control and people getting hurt and offended. If you plan on completing that concept do it tastefully, if you don't think you can do it tastefully do something else. I like the idea of contacting everyone you plan on putting in your race, you should ask them weather or not to be represented in it as well. I still get the uneasy feeling it could cause an unneeded amount of drama.
At least if you use Master Haosis you wouldn't need to contact him, partially because he got perma-banned.

Level 11
When I initially thought about creating a race based on Hive members, I was essentially careful in the unit/building/techtree design so that I didn't offend anyone. My race has been planned to be humourous, and I know I have no chance of winning because of that. I just wanted to make people laugh when they play, and that's all about it.

But, I guess you're right. I shall send a mail to each and every person I plan to use, including their model, abilities, tooltips etc. Do I have to get approval from Lirch too? :xxd:

Level 11
Hm, if I do send PMs to various members but they don't reply, I guess I am allowed to use them unless said members object?

Level 11
I doubt she'd want to be a priest. Yeah, she opened a thread about gays the other day, but still... I'll search for a High Elven priestess and I'll replace her :D

EDIT: Omg there are so many nice models, too bad I didn't go for a High Elven race!! No female model yet, save for a female swordswoman...

Don't you want to use this high elven priestess model created by Elenai? :)

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/archmaiden-120592/?prev=d=list&r=20&u=elenai

Level 17
Here is my current status:

Status
Town Hall - Idea: Yes Model: Yes Done: No
Food Producer - Idea: Yes Model: Yes Done: Yes
Defensive Structure (upgradeable) - Idea: Yes Model: Yes Done: Yes
Hero Altar - Idea: Yes Model: Yes Done: No
Researching Center - Idea: No Model: No Done: No
Unit Spawner 1 - Idea: Yes Model: No Done: No
Unit Spawner 2 - Idea: Yes Model: No Done: No
I would say 7 Buildings are enough.
I was planning to make 2 heroes.
I have some ideas already. For units - I am only having the basic worker and another weaker unit.
I was going to make about 9 units. I will see how it goes.
Oh, and I just want to mention that I have problems finding matching models >.<
Any suggestions for models which have a touch of storm (lightning, water, wind, ...) which don't look too modern and human are welcome.
I will post my first WIP's so far all my buildings are done.

Level 49

Err, Elenai is a guy? Or am I missing something? :/

Level 22
puttin your money on me eh? well, i have to say, this is turning out pretty damn well. i've nearly completed the Infantry Regiment, just need to tweak some of the caster's abilities.
most of my units have rather low hp compared to the other races (between 340-600), but this is because of one of my un-revealed features ;) and the fact that everyone can get an ability. for example, Swordsmen have a defend like ability, except it has a 35% chance to block 17 damage.
Greatswords (not revealed yet) are strong warriors with little armor, but their two handed swords enable them to deal splash damage.

Level 17
Does anyone do a spiritual race?

I guess mine is spiritual ... more or less. Or maybe elemental...? Argh. Well, I would say it's something between :p

Problem here:
My town hall isn't registered as a town hall when I test the map. It has the classification of a town hall so I was wondering if anyone could give me a hint of what I did wrong...?

Last edited:
Level 22
how can u hate jass? although i dont know jass, but i know how to implement spells and even customise it a bit. imo any mapper worth a damn should know some jass, even if its barely anything.
they even documented it for you, telling you where to put all the numbers and such.

Level 22
Psychicblast.jpg

some more WIPs, the casting unit is a Psyker, a caster unit who draws power from the Empyrean.
Currently he's casting Psychic Blast, which deals aoe damage, slows and silences for abit. Notice the flame effect on him. The Empyrean is a unstable place, and it can sometimes harm those who tap into it's power. Everytime a Psyker casts a spell, there is a 30% chance that the Psyker and all units in a minor area will take 100 damage.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Been trying to use your stupid & retarded anti-reveal thing it dosent work.

JASS:
function Trig_Untitled_Trigger_004_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
endfunction

//===========================================================================
function InitTrig_Victory_Defeat takes nothing returns nothing
    set gg_trg_Untitled_Trigger_004 = CreateTrigger(  )
    call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_Untitled_Trigger_004, function Trig_Untitled_Victory_Defeat_Actions )
endfunction

function Trig_Victory_Defeat_Conditions takes nothing returns boolean
    return IsUnitType(GetTriggerUnit(), UNIT_TYPE_STRUCTURE) == true
endfunction

function Trig_Victory_Defeat_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
    local player trig = GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit())
    local player death = GetOwningPlayer(GetDyingUnit())
    local group pg = GetUnitsOfPlayerAll(death)

if CountUnitsInGroup(pg) <= 0 then
call CustomDefeatBJ(death, "Defeat!")
        endif

if GetPlayers() <= 1 then
            call CustomVictoryBJ(trig, true, true)
        endif

call DestroyGroup(pg)

endfunction

//===========================================================================
function InitTrig_Victory_Defeat takes nothing returns nothing
    set gg_trg_Victory_Defeat = CreateTrigger( )
    call TriggerRegisterAnyUnitEventBJ( gg_trg_Victory_Defeat, EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_DEATH )
    call TriggerAddCondition( gg_trg_Victory_Defeat, Condition( function Trig_Victory_Defeat_Conditions ) )
    call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_Victory_Defeat, function Trig_Victory_Defeat_Actions )
endfunction

Level 16
I edited those using War3ModelEditor@MagosEditor, and its icons are screenshots :p

This contest is testing my limits lol, had to learn how to draw using my crappy skills when I can't find appropriate icons for my race. Attached is my hand drawn icon upgrades for ghosts -_-

Ah and I'm about finalized my tech tree. Going to have 7 or 8 units cap. Now I'm doing spells for my hero, and God save my crappy triggering skills! D:

Anyway, best of progress to you guys.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.