• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Projects of old, gather ye' resources... [Mod Compendium]

Level 27
Im use the phats corrects, im use the Mdx-Pather for see the phats, by the models textures phats is "texture/"

I do not understand how to do that

Watch when you're importing custom textures and put "texture/" the game start searching for that texture in the mpq from the game, the texture doesn't exist for that reason it can crash.

For the format change, save the model with .mdx at the end. HoS have several models saved in .mdl format.

-*Edit*-

Is the path problem.

-*Edit2*-

In the screen, HOS was packaged like their own custom MPQ. So when the paths are like in 1 it works as intended.

To work as a normal work editor import needs to look like in the second image.

Attachments

• ChosenOne.rar
    394.5 KB · Views: 406
  • HoS PathProblem.png
    HoS PathProblem.png
    31.8 KB · Views: 359
  • HoS PathProblem2.png
    HoS PathProblem2.png
    259 KB · Views: 429
Last edited:
Level 3
I am very stupid or definitely the model still gives error, I downloaded it again and gave new textures with the "Replaceable ID" and still generates the crash u.u I am desperate :c
I am not an expert handling model editors to be honest if anyone could solve the crash or give me a guide
:c u.u Thank you

And in advance sorry for the inconvenience

I am very stupid or definitely the model still gives error, I downloaded it again and gave new textures with the "Replaceable ID" and still generates the crash u.u I am desperate :c
I am not an expert handling model editors to be honest if anyone could solve the crash or give me a guide
:c u.u Thank you

And in advance sorry for the inconvenience

Look, just send us the model and we might take a look at it. There's nothing you can do about it yourself clearly.

Level 3
Its the same crash.
Only function this "HeroChosenOne2_Portrait" the other model is a generate the crash

Thanks

This is the model

Attachments

• ChosenOne (1).rar
    394.5 KB · Views: 218
This model have a bunch of empty ribbons, and several ribbons with material that looks like the cause of the crash, i've to delete those and it worked, seriously this is a real pain in the ass work, try again.

Why delete them? They were probably there on purpose (like an effect). They just need to be fixed.

Level 5
That depends on if more projects turn up that are good for this index. I would like to add Project Revolution but I have not been able to get permission from an author.
Oh thanks I hope you get their permissions. Also I hope you get that mod thing from moddb that contains fel centaurs and that will be good addition to the compendium.

Bytheway, the forest troll wars you uploaded were the best of the best. :)

pyf

pyf

Level 32
I would like to add Project Revolution but I have not been able to get permission from an author.
Out of curiosity, was it because you could not reach any of them? Or were you able to talk to at least one of those involved in Project Revolution, but he/she/they could not / did not give you permission to upload an already fully unprotected version of it to the Mod Compendium?

Out of curiosity, was it because you could not reach any of them? Or were you able to talk to at least one of those involved in Project Revolution, but he/she/they could not / did not give you permission to upload an already fully unprotected version of it to the Mod Compendium?

I never got a reply.

Level 13
I don't know what's with me and checking this thread in the summer, but I wanted to post some stuff about The Withering Kind that probably needs to be addressed.

Out of curiosity, today I opened the MPQ Kam provided in this thread and looked at the code (it's all stored in "blizzard.j" fyi). What I noticed is that said code is pretty much impossible to read due to it being vJass converted into standard JASS, so let me just say how curious players/modders should approach the mod:
  • If you just want to play it, you can stick to the map included but I'd advise you to use the SEMPQ so you can play it on any map and also look at the main menu modifications I did. It's hosted on my dropbox so it's not gonna go away anytime soon. (You may want to add it to the main post, Kam :p)
  • If you want to take out the graphical resources, the MPQ is fine but I'd suggest opening the map in-game to actually look at the credits and copy them in your project. Always credit the creators!!! (the credits are in the quest menu in case you were wondering)
  • If you want to take a look at the code for reference or play around with it, the vanilla editor should suffice as far as opening the map goes, but running the map in-editor or trying to compile it will fail, that's because it's all coded in vJass. To actually modify the map you need Vexorian's JassHelper. If you need to do that for practicing/learning the language (don't steal or re-release my code, please) your best option is to install the Jass NewGen Pack.
    EDIT: I... uh.. uhm, well, just remembered the map is protected so nevermind that last bit. This post is officially useless now.
Well, that's about it. Happy modding everybody!!

Last edited:
Level 6
Any probability of obtaining permission from that moddb project that contains armored centaur? (Might need an in depth search) and another one callee 'Warcraft' Nirvana?', perhaps it is a grunt work and bit of luck to include those two treasures for 17th and 18th.

Level 6
I'm not sure what centaur project you mean, link?

Nirvana is a no go, I've asked the author previously.
Nirvana, I saw their resource mpq which is not purely original because some were from other members works such as Frankster's Blood Elf Tank, and many others. I hope they loosen up the release permission they may give for the mpq contents are 'halfly or less' not by them. Only naga had their effort of a complete rework and idea. Perhaps they will be soon generously share it, I expect.

As for the centaur inclusion mod, it lies in moddb I am not able to search, cannot remember the name exactly, I think it is Warcraft IV / Warcraft Reborn / Armies of Azeroth , that name rolls up with those names like that. You may try to pitch a look into moddb, it still lies there more probably.a

Level 13
If it's still in development it doesn't belong in this thread. IMO this is more of a place to find resources in case someone needs a coherent set of units for a project (ie: Great Troll War -> Trolls) without having to hunt down the models or requesting graphical assets. Mods still in development will never hand down their custom-made resources as they'll lose some of their bling, so to speak.
Besides, if some of their resources are actually publicly available there's no need to ask for their permission on those ones, you could simply compile a list with links to them and you'd get the same end result. :wink:

Level 6
Hello, guys, I've got a big good news and a small bad news, I've been scouring up the internet, and dropped into the website, moddb.com. I was looking for some... probable, add-on to this wonderful and epic thread, so I saw an interesting and intriguing mod, called "Warcraft 3: Ascension", it is a Spanish or something Latin language mod that I downloaded.

So, I downloaded this... approximately 5 gb to 7 gb mod free from mediafire.
and this is the links: (I provided it for convenience)
PASSWORD is buyichi
NOTE: The mod is open source and free to download. It took me 2 hours to finish the download.

So the good news is that, I digged into the contents of the mod, and it is all... wowrips, high res models, hive icons and models, and all these are not custom made models, perhaps, in my inquisition. About, as I can remember, estimated about... 90% percent of the models and materials are from hive, xgm, chaosrealm, wc3underground, and others. I found this as... very useful because you can see models that are rare, probably, deleted but not owned by the creator itself. Without offense, I think this should be shared because I saw a lot of treasure there. It was like a dream, I saw a lot of ... treasure in there.

In my curiosity, I tried to dissect the mpq files and came up to the bad news, it is protected. Contains entirely fileXXXXXX.mdx or blp's. There are three mpqs sized to gb's.

Well, if
@Kam could try to talk to these guys if they want to provide him the unprotected mpq's then, it can be a good share for the rare models I saw. He has the full power to gain permission on this one.

Perhaps, if everything fails, I hope someone would like to correct the pathings of the models of this mpq. Believe me, you will love the models in there.

Have a good night.

This is the mod link for details.
Warcraft 3 Ascención mod

Last edited:
Level 13
Locust: Locust - Wc3C.net
Death Knight: Hero DeathKnight - Wc3C.net

I'm sure you can find more of them if you poke around, but the whole pack would be nice, those skellies in particular look very serviceable :D

Status update about my MPQ:

v1.27b (and v1.28 probably): everything works fine (SEMPQ doesn't work in Linux/Wine but that's expected)

v1.30.2: at least 2 icons work in-editor but crash the game, Tracking and TimeStop.
For those of you who actually wanna play the thing make a "war3mod.mpq" folder in "Warcraft III", extract the MPQ in there, remove "UI\Framedef\Glue\MainMenu.fdf" and "UI\Framedef\Glue\ScoreScreen.fdf", replace the icons above, open blizzard.j and find and fix this... and it works (menu hotkeys are busted tho)!

Curious about the code? The code in the map is barely readable, but the whole code in blizzard.j is readable, and that's basically: v1.26c code with like 3 modified triggers, the libraries I used and my triggers, in JASSified vJass. If your custom mpq mod isn't working it's a cool place to check how that works.

EDIT: More details on fixing it

Last edited:
Level 13
Level 25
The ritual is spoken

I'm sure you can find more of them if you poke around, but the whole pack would be nice, those skellies in particular look very serviceable

So I found the skeletons on an old junker laptop of mine along with the two Wraith based models (Ritcus). I also spoke with Whitehorn a few months back to see if anything else was lying around, and there wasn't, but these were available on his website at the time which is why I've got 'em. If anyone's interested in archiving them for the thread, give me a shout on Twitter or the like given I've evolved into profession lurker at the moment, but those two are the only ones I've got

I know the scorpion goblin mech was released, as was the orc necromancer (I dug the junker up looking for that very necromancer even) alongside others, but I can't find them on what I managed to recover, and my main Warcraft harddrive at the time broke years ago along with my ridiculous history of models

The ritual is spoken

So I found the skeletons on an old junker laptop of mine along with the two Wraith based models (Ritcus). I also spoke with Whitehorn a few months back to see if anything else was lying around, and there wasn't, but these were available on his website at the time which is why I've got 'em. If anyone's interested in archiving them for the thread, give me a shout on Twitter or the like given I've evolved into profession lurker at the moment, but those two are the only ones I've got

I know the scorpion goblin mech was released, as was the orc necromancer (I dug the junker up looking for that very necromancer even) alongside others, but I can't find them on what I managed to recover, and my main Warcraft harddrive at the time broke years ago along with my ridiculous history of models

I will add them if you upload them somewhere.

Well, there it is. Starcraft Revolution a famous Starcraft recreation in Warcraft 3 engine.

While we couldn't contact the developers, we can still preserve the mod in Hive. Enjoy.

If you want to play this mod you will need to downgrade to Warcraft TFT 1.21 patch.

Not so hard when you have a listfile? There you go, I hope these resources will be useful to a lot of people. :)

What about Project Revolution? @Kam

Level 11
The Dawn of Chaos pack does not seem to include the two-mission Human campaign demo from 2004. I have the file (most likely the February 29 re-release, since it's fairly bugless), if anyone's interested. I'm also trying to make a sort of an extended version of that demo, mostly for personal use, but the latest non-Reforged version of WorldEdit (v 1.31b) is unable to open the included missions. Any help with that would be appreciated.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_081620_193641_02.png
    WC3ScrnShot_081620_193641_02.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 268
  • WC3ScrnShot_081620_202038_25.png
    WC3ScrnShot_081620_202038_25.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 271
  • DoC Human Demo.w3n
    37.6 MB · Views: 142
Level 27
Hello, i found a MPQ in my archives named eosmod.mpq of about 38 megas, it's full of Retera's Heaven's fall mod models but at least had some that at first view wasn't in the old Zip. I can't remember if this was from an updated version of the mod zip, or if Retera's released a smaller mpq at a later date.

Attachments

• ScorpionRider.jpg
    ScorpionRider.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 195
Level 3
[QUOTE = "Himperion, post: 3456965, member: 230194"] Привет, я нашел в своих архивах MPQ под названием eosmod.mpq размером около 38 мегабайт, он полон моделей мод Retera's Heaven's Fall, но, по крайней мере, некоторые из них были на первый взгляд не было в старом Zip. Я не могу вспомнить, было ли это из обновленной версии zip мода, или Retera выпустила меньший mpq позже.[/ QUOTE]

Hello. can you share the MPQ data? I will be grateful to you.

Level 1
Can someone give me the Rise of the Horde package, somehow when I click on it it tells me that the page does not exist, also that of the trolls wars.

Last edited: