• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Planetside RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Well it was faster. -.-. that and they we were tracking a entity and also they are parnoid and think that there will be enemy forces that would use the tunnels for their use.

Level 8
"They still are living in medieval times and hate science! They could shot me just for my science experiments and then burn you like some kinda like demon or something... so do you want to ally with them now? Space marines don't have any genetists or something"
Not true. Space Marines utilize 'lost' technology to help their efforts in 'cleansing the universe of Xenos and Heretics'. Though they would burn you for not being a devoted follower of the Emperor...
Anyways, they sort of have geneticists, they're also like the medics. Apothecaries.

Level 8
No, because all who do not follow the Emperor are evil. Which means everyone except Imperial Guard and Marines.

Level 23
Then they have some issues. What kind of evil doesn't kill when they can, and sends 12 elites all alone to a dangerous, lonely system like this? And not loaded with a massive amount of weapons? :p Most of the Chozo supplies are actually base-related machinery or essentials. Hardly any weapons at all. :p

Level 8
Their machinery is maintained by Techmarines (Priests of the Omnissiah), but they can't develop new ones. They don't have the knowledge anymore. Modify? Sure. Create something entirely new? Forget it.
Now do you see why it's hard to get good weaponry?
Now, the Orks are complete scavengers, taking all the metal they can, heaping it together, put guns on it, and roll it out.

Level 10
lol. except for a few chapters that don't follow this i.e the mentors legion and quite a few others test out new tech. But space marines fight for the surival of mankind and for the emperor. they are not evil. Chaos is evil it enslaves people and eats their souls and promosies people power and wealth but they aren't good they kill for their own benefit all they want is all life to worship them. PLUS if humanity falls and 5th more powerful chaos god shall arise.

Level 10
Are you saying you're human? Why do humans always have to be in space RPs? I guess it doens't really matter, since this is a game. I wonder if anyone is revived when the game is over. That'd be great. Also Tahril, you need to make sure you're active. We're still waiting for those hologram messages to tell us exactly what to do. All we know is that we are supposed to come here. Honestly, I think var should take over the RP, since he knows what we're supposed to do and is actually here on a regular basis. He'd probably get the instructions down as fast a possible, instead of delaying it.

Level 23
:/ I don't really know about the "this is a game, gather resources, battle eachother, claim the planets, and expand" idea. So far, it IS battle eachother, conquer, and expand, but not much of a game. The Chozo didn't send an elite squad of marines cause of a game, but to explore :p

Level 8
A quick game-related message, brought to you by Tahril's brother's computer.
A holographic symbol appears on the displays of the (insert race here)'s Center. A message plays:
"Well done. You have set up a base of operations, (at the very least, a camp), suitable for the next stage of the game. Your objective is to capture all the planets in this sector. Seeing as most of you are on that frozen rock, I suppose I should say:
We'll be watching.
Now then, off to your business! You've got planets to conquer!"
The image flickers, and disappears.

Level 10
that message seemed a little.... calm. I kindof wished it was easier to win these things, since a handfl of people are not able to conquer a planet. Can we make it into some sort of race to find something? It'd be easier to move on from this frozen rock. XD otherwise we're stuck RPing here for eternity. XD

Level 10
yeah.... having only four people doesn't make for an exciting Rp, does it? The two Rps on my site didn't even stand a chance. One post in the dragon RP from me and then nothing. I had a lot of activity before the RPs started, but once all the characters were approved, nothing. Little activity. I had a disscussion thread for my dragon RP Legends of Darkness, but Iwas the only one to post in the RP itself. There were a lot of questions like "can we start with..." or "Is it ok if...". A terrible start. I don't know how Ralle got his site so popular and how people managed to make Elders and Order of Rp popular. The unofficial RP thread in the forums has at least 10 active members. though only about 5 have been posting within the last few days. lol

Level 10
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! $20 for A PIZZA!!!!!! UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DAMN YOU ECONOMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well can we go back to rp. -.-

Level 23
... how about, the Chozo pulled out, finding the system overabundant in hostile activity.

Really, I don't need the most dangerous and elite of my Seal-like marines to be wiped out by such an anti-climatic death now. :/ They were withdrawn from the system, finding that with too much hostile activity, that there was no point in wasting resources on such an expedition :/

Level 10
same. My squad realises that there is no point to this game, noting that they haven't seen a sibgle person.

anyways, if you guys want an RP to play in, there is always my site. I have a spy RP and a dragon RP. varsaigen is the main badguy in both RPs, since he's resourceful, and good at it (noted by the Naga RP). The link is in my signature, so if you ever have the urge to play a spy or dragon, you'll know where to find it. XD I'll need more active members to really get my site going. As it is, I have around 8 members who basically left once character approval was finished. (I don't even know why. D:)

Level 23
The spy RP remains more towards modern technology, as the James Bond (get around every obstacle 100-in-1 tools get aggitating to factor into my counter strategies :p Besides, what fun is the game if you car is loaded with lasers, autodefense systems, jets, bulletproof hull, multiple traps, machine guns and sniper rifles, and missiles and mines? D:) Even I won't be using the bond tech. Though, if you were to use such tech, I bet I could beat it logically with modern technology :p (I'll find a way :p)

Level 10
lol yeah. He plans on countering us. Though each team is comprised of two members (still need more people to get it started) he'll have to focuse on hunting more than one group, which, of course, can get agrivating. XD Also, all spies will be working for the IES (International Espionage Service). If you plan on joining var, you'll have to be able to provide him something he doesn't have, and needs, and by doing that, you basically cut off ties with the U.S. Government. XD I say this because I have the IES Headquarters in Miami, Florida. So when the spies are on vacation, they have a nice area where they can relax. lol

Level 10
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
>.< oh noes i forget to....................... damn never mind.

Level 23
renovations? Like an actual plot, and lacking the insanity of storming through my caves like they were yours? Blowing up everything because my Chozo were in the way, and not realizing that that would get them shot, all for a rock? Meh. I'm fine keeping this dead, and my Chozo in Official Scifi Roleplaying Thread This entire RP group resulted in insanity from godmodding and lack of detail. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.