• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Planetside RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I'd say with some good organisation and if some key people (var, sacrid) return it can be easily put back together. Though we'd have to purge the things of the past and start anew.

Level 10
We tried that. The odd part about our attempt was that we had absolutely no plot. I created an RP site for a couple RPs, mainly a spy RP that didn't get much attention. The other RP was a dragon RP. I was wondering, would you like to play as a dragon? (all characters in that RP are dragons. and var is the bad guy. XD world domination and all that stuff. lol) Oh, and I'm currently making a Star Wars RP. Sith Order versus New Republic and Jedi. This takes place long after the star wars books (none of which I have read. XD yay for wiki). So far, we've gotten about eight players, mostly joining the sith. lol

Level 10
I actually have a wonderful plot so far. Since I made it a script to have it as a game (much like the spyro trilogy). In my game, it would be single player, and the only similarity to spyro is that you are a dragonm save the world from evil, and defend a city and temple. There's also an arena ship, but it's not at all like the one in spyro eternal night. XD I only wish I could make the game, but I fear people would think it's too similiar to spyro. One thing about it is that people didn't want the spyro trilogy to end, and there is only one other game that allows you to play as a dragon (among other races).
The instructions also aren't clear. You start off and you can barely kill a thing (took me forever). Then you finally level up to level 1 by talking to a dragon that isn't mentioned and you can finally kill the level 1 boars that would have murdered you before. It's nowhere near as epic as WOW (and that got boring after playing every day for about a month. XD)

Level 23
As for the star wars, it involves the New Sith Order reviving the old droid armies, even rebuilding their numbers, and beginning their march through the Outer Rim quietly, claiming planet after planet, before finally marching on the Republic's doorstep. The RP will begin near the beginning of the war, sacrid thinks, just as the Sith come out of their many generational hiding in the Outer Rim. Rebuilding their numbers, and forging (literally :D) a new army, they hope to conquer the galaxy once more. But, they don't have a senetor in office to lead the Republic like lambs to the slaughter. XD

Level 10
Well my alliance of five lore has changed more into a mass effect layout of a story line.
But ever since i really hate how people recieve them as rigged.... Its kinda gay how people percieve them.
Also could we do like a normal Space RP? Because everytime i join a RP all of sudden 30 new people also arrive and screw it up. :/

Level 10
I think we need to try something new. A space RP where we have two sides, instead of being random. There won't be custom ships and weapons. I'm thinking more of something like Halo. ever played that? I kknow I have a Star Wars RP being made and gaining players, but we need something for this if we're going to keep it. the last attempt had no plot and the GM was rarely even here.

Level 10
I don't mean that we're going to be RPing halo. THat'd be just lame. If I want to play that, I have the first game. XD I really HATE the flood. (I got stuck at one part where I had to follow the monitor and was low on ammo. and the flood were shooting at me. Get to the door, hold them off, and die either before it opens or when the flood on the other side come in and slaughter me with shotguns and numbers. DX floodlings are fine in my opinion.)

I actually meant a plot like Halo. Go to some world and stop it from being activated, etc. and we play as the enemy or the heroes. XD (basically marines)

Level 10
our previous RPs had more factions than you could believe. That's not good. I'm not saying that it will be halo. I was talking about the idea from what Halo is. Saving our race or the universe from extinction by fighting for control of a planet's super weapon. Something that could destroy your enemies with one shot. Something like that. Of course, we'd need to pull ideas from a few games. One of the best is the Metroid Prime series. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.