• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Phoenix Trial #5 - POLL

Which submission was best?

• [url="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1145076-post683.html"]terradont[/url]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [url="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1144067-post657.html"]UnholyDobry[/url]

• [url="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1131690-post531.html"]Revolve[/url]

• [url="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1156473-post984.html"]Dentothor[/url]

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Hive Workshop

Phoenix Trial #5 Poll

Welcome to the poll for the Phoenix Trial #5. Please read through the rules before voting!
  • Each user can only vote once in the poll.
  • You cannot vote for yourself. If a voter has the same IP as the author then the vote will not be counted and it may result in the disqualification of the entry.
  • You cannot create multiple accounts to vote for an entry in the poll. If a voter has been found to be using multiple accounts none of the voters votes will count in the final result.
  • You cannot bribe users for votes. Contestants who break this rule will be disqualified and given negative reputation.
Contest Prizes And Winnings
  • First Place: 45 reputation points and a special award icon
  • Second Place: 30 reputation points
  • Third Place: 15 reputation points

Level 24
i love 4 entries:

happy cockroach
banana hunt
mr goblin
ike ike

dunno in what order though :S

So, i decided on this:
1.Banana, cuz i just love his style, which fits wc3 best and his icons are more creative than the other ones.
2.Happy, because i think his storm earth and fire icon owns.
3.Goblin, because he made a lot of high quality icons though compared to the others' ideas his icons are a little lame and very similar to the normal ones
4.ike ike, because the others were better ^^

Level 14
Gilles said:
I wish everyone uploaded images of them in-game with normal wc3 icons.
You kidding? The rules were so poorly made, people could make more than 4 icons and the judging has to pick the top 4! There's no way something as logical as what you suggest could get into these contests, man.

Anyways, just give this bananahunt fellow the reward. They're the best by a landslide.

Level 24
Goblin.
Banana.
Ike.

Ikes were a little too simplistic for me.
Banana's were great, but didn't really like the phoenix.
Golbin's had really nice depth, and colour. Didn't like Thunderclap or chainheal ass much, but the others were awesome.

Banana and Goblin were amazingly close for me.

I'm gonna review some entries icon by icon...

bigapple90 said:
Carrion Swarm
56876d1244286397-phoenix-trial-5-18896111.jpg

3/5. This icon looks too much like a screenshot... The concept is quite boring, but ok.
Death and Decay
56872d1244286397-phoenix-trial-5-dnd2.jpg

2/5. Lacks quality. This orange color is too plain and the drawing is quite ugly.
Infernal
56874d1244286397-phoenix-trial-5-infernalsharper.jpg

4/5. The quality is good overall.
Mass Teleport
56873d1244286397-phoenix-trial-5-massteleport.jpg

1/5. I can't understand what it is at first sight. Nor at second. But the quality seems to be ok...
Volcano
56875d1244286397-phoenix-trial-5-volcano2copy.jpg

3.5/5. Looks good, but this is not wc3's style.
Impale
56871d1244285992-phoenix-trial-5-cryptsmaller.jpg

4/5. It is very appealing, but could have more blood/etc...

ike_ike said:
Carrion Swarm
icons_7741_btn.jpg

5/5. Looks very good. It fits warcraft 3 more even than the original Carrion Swarm yet it has a cool concept.
Phoenix
icons_7744_btn.jpg

3.5/5. The quality is awesome, but the concept is boring. Looks too much like an object, instead of a dynamic spell.
Death Pact
icons_7743_btn.jpg

3/5. The concept is great, but the quality is not very good. The fingers don't look like fingers and some minor flaws, like the skull producing light and the shoulders being shaded backwards...
Charm
icons_7742_btn.jpg

3/5. It seems you went for some good concept, but the execution don't make it look that good. The fingers don't look like fingers, that lines in the back i judged to be some dress rags, i dunno, I just don't like it much.
Blink

4/5. That one is awesome. just the warden shapes aren't that great.

BananaHUNT said:
Tornado
icons_7708_btn.jpg

5/5. Looks very good.
Big Bad Voodoo
icons_7513_btn.jpg

3/5. Although the quality is ok, there's nothing the icon suggest, if the name wasn't there, it would be too generic.
Phoenix
icons_7710_btn.jpg

3/5. It looks good, but Phoenix is a bit overused, and no one tried the rebirth thing concept, all of you just drawed the phoenix. That's more like a unit concept than a spell one. Also, this background is too bright, lacks some contrast.
Reincarnation
icons_7711_btn.jpg

2/5. If I was you, I wouldn't sumbit this one. The tauren looks too boring, and this thing around his eyes look bad.

Mr.Goblin said:
Death Coil
BTNDeadCoil.jpg

3.5/5. Does not have the shape of an actual skull.
Drain Mana
BTNDrainMana.jpg

4/5. Looks good, has good concept, but has some flaws.
Thunder Clap
BTNThunderClap.jpg

3.5/5. The dwarf looks great, but the thunder certainly doesn't look like thunder. If you look at it you will see that the lightning lines are poorly made.
Rain of Fire
BTNRainofFire.jpg

4/5. Looks outstanding at first glance, and that's what really matters.
Inferno
BTNInferno.jpg

5/5. Amazingly good. Looks damn evil and scary.
Healing Wave
BTNhealingspray.jpg

2/5. Oh, you shouldn't have submitted this one to the contest...the units make little sense standing at the black empty floor, and the healing rays are out of perspective at the end. Also the black outlines there are too noticeable...

I'd like to judge everyone, but it's too much, I've got some things to do now...

HappyCockroach, F%ck you :) Bigapples Death and Decay is in my opinion the best icon made for this contest. It's beautiful, wc3 style, spell like <3
In fact, im gonna give him +rep right now :)

its not really wc3 style and i have to say i agree with HC cause it does lack in quite a lot of the qualities that this contest needs.

You kidding? The rules were so poorly made, people could make more than 4 icons and the judging has to pick the top 4! There's no way something as logical as what you suggest could get into these contests, man.

It makes voting a lot harder. Your opinion might get changed if you enter a bad icon, but it may get removed by the judges.

Edit: Also, I've made a report in the staff forums about HappyCockroach's vote. He did report the post to me as an accident and, once removed, it will be excused.

Level 17
My vote is on ike_ike. The quality is awesome, and the concepts are epic. I especially love charm and blink.

My second vote( if i would have one) would go to bananaHUNT, same reasons as above, but faintly less.

My third would go to Mr.Goblin, who IMO has the best quality, but the concepts could need alot of work.

Level 13
1. Mr.Goblin
2. ike_ike
3. bigapple90

So my vote goes to Mr.Goblin!
The others did also a GREAT job, but I can only vote once...

If you are on this poll, you already have proved you're a worthy icon maker!
It's great if you made 4 icons and entered this competition.

AWESOME WORK!!

You forgot my entry.

hum it needed 4 remade hero spell, you did 3 (cause 1 is a neutral hostile spell)

you need an image of each icons, and the blp file that goes with it..

soo.. if we do accept your submission, you will loose in the Judge vote.. cause you don't respect none of the rules D:

sorry dude, nothing personal :sad:

You forgot my entry.

Yeah, I told Hawkwing that they were all there, sorry if anything, I searched all posts and didn't find an actual entry of yours.

Paladon said:
You have to make a final post at the end of the contest containing your icons, icons from the icon section are no valid entries.
You didn't group your icons in one post.
Also, you made an entry for Hurl Boulder, which isn't a hero ability. Also, Moonsoon, which I guess it's not a hero ability.
In addition, you posted your models in the resource section. Even if all your entries were hero abilities, the icons weren't approved at the Icon section, and they couldn't be downloaded or seen by any other account than yours.

I apologize not warning you... :nw:

Well, I liked Mr.Goblin's icons, but the Drain Mana icon looks like an alien being face-raped. That was my biggest turn-off. The Thunder Clap looked more like Ice Clap and the Chain Heal was just.. ridiculous.

I loved bananaHUNT's submissions, but the Reincarnation icon was very unoriginal and, frankly, it didn't really look like a Tauren at all.

Well, I liked Mr.Goblin's icons, but the Drain Mana icon looks like an alien being face-raped. That was my biggest turn-off. The Thunder Clap looked more like Ice Clap and the Chain Heal was just.. ridiculous.

really D': ?!

TDR

TDR

Level 18
I don't like any of the icons submitted and I think none of them fit wc3 the way they should, but in my opinion Mr.Goblin's were the best from this bunch so my vote goes to him.

...Actually the only good icon out of those, imo, is bananaHUNT's big bad voodo thing. It's nicely drawn and could fit wc3 well. But his other icons dragged him down.

Edit: lol, HappyCockroach voted for himself...

Status
Not open for further replies.