• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Poll: Phoenix Trial #8

Which entry was the best entry?

• [URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1867880-post163.html"]Tr!KzZ[/URL]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1869505-post183.html"]Krl70[/URL]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
the%20hive%20workshop.png

phoenix%20trial.png

number.png
8.png

429601585_e074005760_o.jpg

Food
Contestants must each create 3 food icons.

Welcome to the poll for Phoenix Trial #8! Please read through the rules before voting!

contest%20rules%20and%20conditions.png

• Each user can only vote once in the poll. (remove this for a multiple choice poll)
  • You cannot vote for yourself. If a voter has the same IP as the author then the vote will not be counted and it may result in the disqualification of the entry.
  • You cannot create multiple accounts to vote for an entry in the poll. If a voter has been found to be using multiple accounts none of the voters votes will count in the final result.
  • You cannot bribe users for votes. Contestants who break this rule will be disqualified and given negative reputation.
prizes.png

• First Place: 45 reputation points and your entry on the award icon
  • Second Place: 30 reputation points and an award icon
  • Third Place: 15 reputation points and an award icon

entries.png

judges.png
  • ike-ike
  • Anarchianbedlam
contest%20judging.png

Creativity
The icons' originality and uniqueness are vitally important.20%

Theme
Your icons should represent the aspects of your chosen theme. Variety between your icons is an important condition. 20%

Blizzard Feeling
Icons should be executed in such a manner that they can be implemented in a Warcraft map, compliment other Blizzard icons and replace the existing ones. 20%

Technical Note
The quality of the icons is the most important thing (throwing a lot of elements in a 64x64 image will usually look crowded). 40%
disclaimer.png

Inviting your friends to vote for you, bribing random members with rep and otherwise cheating with the VB poll system will get you DISQUALIFIED, BANNED from future contests, -REPPED, and possibly INFRACTED. So don't do it!

This includes, but is not limited to, sending PMs out to various users, getting other people to send those PMs, advertising this contest on other sites with the intention to gain more votes (whether it is explicitly stated or not), and so on. If you are suspected of cheating, the staff will notify you and interrogate you (hopefully) over PMs. <3​

Last edited:
Level 6
FrIkY, I definitely like yours the best, however the glows being so intense completely killed it IMO.

So, I voted for NFWar. Nothing fancy, but it's so detailed, that I just loved it.

And m0rbid, you had to of been my third choice. Even though tomatoes are not hot:p
I dunno, I just...something about the red pepper...something...I dislike it. I cannot explain it though. :/

Meh, whatever.

Good job to all participants.
These were just /my/ top three...and I'm no icon expert. :p

Level 15
1. shiik
2. FrIkY
3. darkdeathknight

GL to all the participants. I loved how many people submitted an entry even though they are not experienced at making icons. Very cool that you guys were willing to expand your boundaries.

Level 34
I voted for darkdeathknight's entry as it seems the most creative and delicious and is prepared and served food, something that took some time to get cooked. Other entries were mostly some raw food, fruits or vegetables (few exceptions). I know, NFWar's icons indeed look the most Wc3-ish, I think we can all agree to that, but in my opinion it's not quite creative, as I mentioned it's just raw food. That's just how I see it, I appreciate creativity more rather than Wc3-ishness, as the user who is searching for such icons doesn't really care much about it. Oh, and I'm glad the poll is finally up! :p

Level 11
Those icons are beutifull and make me confuse to choose.... i like Kola Banana but i like Blood raven Lemon but i like darkdeathknight chicken but i like cake connoiseur but i like redhot....
I want to choose FrIkY but i want to choose M0rbid....
Cake is tasty but Chilly not...but the Chilly color is awesome vut the pancake is awesome too and tasty...but the assmato look Cool but he chocolate look edible but the -peper- look fresh and edible too...CONFUSE D:
FrIkY you got my vote...sorry M0rbid

The fish looked like bamboo to me, the pig didn't look like anything and the meat looked a tad like chocolate ice cream or waffles.
You could've put the fish on a plate instead, with some herbs next to it or in a soup to make it stand out more as a fish. Also, the lines on the fish confused me.
The pig should be a different colour to the apple, maybe more brown, and some visible closed eyes (making them closer to the snout would be better) to make it look dead. It needed some droopy, bigger ears too. At first glance, I though it was a pink sheep.
The meat's shape makes it look like a chocolate ice cream on a cone. Maybe if you showed more of the bone, or more meats, it would be more distinguishable.
I can draw some demos of what I mean.
Also, I liked NFWar's style better (no offense, just my subjective preference).

sPy

sPy

Level 21
Voted for FrIkY. I really love the shadings, it succeeded to make those icons look how it supposed to be. For example, the honey was drawn like how a honey is supposed to be. The chocolate is attracting my attention too. Excellent job, anyway.

I hope the chocolate can be eaten

anarchianbedlam, I'm sorry, but... How can you judge, if you already voted?
That makes you obviously.
We can all see who your favorite is.
Now don't start with the "my vote just wont count" bullshit, I have been turned down in the past for voting before I asked to join as a judge.

anarchian's vote will be simply calculated out.
in terms of results, is there any difference to the results whether people know who a judge has decided for or not?

Level 48
Oh yeah, cause I'm such a famous 2D artist.
The problem is that I've been turned down on judging a modeling contest BECAUSE I already voted in a contest before. The problem here is that we all know who's going to win, because the judges have gave their votes(or in this case, only one judge). No point in waiting such a long time for some silly judging when we all know that NFWar already won. :/
That, and... Since when does anarchianbedlam know anything about icon-making? Shouldn't someone like Pyramidhe@d or enjoy or any other random famous 2D artist do the judging instead?

Level 26
*shrugs*
I dunno what happened for you, sounds like there's more to the story there.
But as for how i got this "jorb", i simply asked pyra, he needed another judge, pyra asked me for an example of how i judged, and i apparently passed the quiz and hit all the main marks. As for the voting, i voted before i offered to judge, as you can see my vote has been removed from the tally. so... there's really nothing to rage about. Its a public poll, so everyone can see who voted for what. and one judge does not decide who wins a contest.

chillax bro.

152290-albums921-picture44775.png

Level 31
The problem is that I've been turned down on judging a modeling contest BECAUSE I already voted in a contest before. The problem here is that we all know who's going to win, because the judges have gave their votes(or in this case, only one judge). No point in waiting such a long time for some silly judging when we all know that NFWar already won. :/
That, and... Since when does anarchianbedlam know anything about icon-making? Shouldn't someone like Pyramidhe@d or enjoy or any other random famous 2D artist do the judging instead?

No, your not judging for the modeling contest, because you shouldn't judge for the modeling contest.

Stop being jelly.

Well, anarch might have voted for NFWar, but it doesnt necessarily mean he has won.
There is still ike_ike, and he might think differently.
Also, who said that anarch DOESN'T know a lot about icon-making. Sure, he hasn't made much icons, but he can still judge art properly. I doubt he is so stupid that he can't see if a picture has no shading or its not proportionate.
And after This, I'm pretty sure he knows a thing or two (about icons, durr).

The problem is that I've been turned down on judging a modeling contest BECAUSE I already voted in a contest before.

youve been turned down because are too stubborn and too biased to give a proper rational critique. not to mention, your critiques are inefficient. ive already made a mental note long time ago that your critiques do not live up to the standards which is required

The problem here is that we all know who's going to win, because the judges have gave their votes(or in this case, only one judge). No point in waiting such a long time for some silly judging when we all know that NFWar already won. :/
yes. only one judge. and just because a judge gave a vote to someone, doesnt mean they are going to score it 50/50 while scoring everyone 20/50

for reasons you do not need to know, i cannot judge in this contest.

This is going to be a mess with votes and judges...
If I got vote from only one judge, I didnt won instantly. Also, judges will review icons very carefuly and may change their mind (happens). Also, votes that people gave are important.

Please people do not get down with a spirit becouse of one vote, there is still many of factors that counts.

BTW: I also was wandering why anarch is a judge in ICON contest. Now I know why.

Level 48
This is going to be a mess with votes and judges...
If I got vote from only one judge, I didnt won instantly. Also, judges will review icons very carefuly and may change their mind (happens). Also, votes that people gave are important.

I am worried about this especially.
I don't believe anarchianbedlam is capable of properly judging a Warcraft III icon.
As a wise yellow dragon once said on deviantART:
Pyritie said:
Creating icons like this is much harder than most people think. Not only do your icons have to be quickly recogniseable, but they also have to fit in with the game's style. Plus if you're making icons for an already existing game, you also have to mimic the style of those that came along with it.

I do not believe that anarchianbedlam is aware of that. There is also the positioning of the items on the icon, which many icon artists get completely wrong compared to Blizzard artists, which I don't believe anarchianbedlam is experienced enough to recognize already. That is my main argument.

Level 34
I personally don't have anything against anarchianbedlam being the judge, but... is he really the right person for that? It is well known that anarchianbedlam is a 3D artist, and a damn good one, but I never saw him do any 2D art related work, or icons in this matter. Perhaps I am wrong, perhaps anarchianbedlam is capable of judging this contest, in fact it would make me happy if he actually makes a good job judging this. In any case... let's just move on and wait for the poll to end and judges to judge, then you can start complaining, I guess.

Level 23
Assuming that Anarchian drew his png poo on his own...
and assuming that noone else wrote the judgings of several modelling contests...
and assuming that noone else is faking to be anarchianbedlam...
I think that he is certainly qualified to judge this contest. The fact that he does not submit any icons does not automatically imply that he has no clue on what is important about it. Contrary: The fact that he is a person into art (even though it's a different sector) underlines that he is up to the job. Seeing Pyramidhe@d did not submit tons of icons either. Still I doubt anyone would doubt that he is capable of being an icon mod or judge a contest. Furthermore if Py as an expert thinks that Anarchian is qualified, I totally trust him. Last but not least since Py is the host it's his call anyway. So the whole discussion is rather pointless, I assume ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.