• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Phoenix Trial #7 - Poll

Vote your favourite:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
the%20hive%20workshop.png

phoenix%20trial.png
number.png
7.png

poll.png

140223-albums1517-picture33246.jpg

Attribute icons
Each contestant's aim is to create a set of 3 matching attribute icons

contest%20rules%20and%20conditions.png

• Each user can only vote once in the poll.
  • You cannot vote for yourself. If a voter has the same IP as the author then the vote will not be counted and it may result in the disqualification of the entry.
  • You cannot create multiple accounts to vote for an entry in the poll. If a voter has been found to be using multiple accounts none of the voters votes will count in the final result.
  • You cannot bribe users for votes. Contestants who break this rule will be disqualified and given negative reputation.

prizes.png

• First Place: 45 reputation points and a special award icon
  • Second Place: 30 reputation points
  • Third Place: 15 reputation points

contest%20judging%20and%20voting.png

• Winner will be decided by a public poll and judge/s

judges.png
    • Devine
    • SuPa-
  • Judging Criteria
    • Creativity 20%
      The icons' originality and uniqueness are vitally important.
    • Theme 20%
      Your icons should represent the aspects of your chosen theme. Variety between your icons is an important condition.
    • Blizzard Feeling 20%
      Icons should be executed in such a manner that they can be implemented in a Warcraft map, compliment other Blizzard icons and replace the existing ones.
    • Technical Note 40%
      The quality of the icons is the most important thing (throwing a lot of elements in a 64x64 image will usually look crowded).
  • 75 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
  • 25 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.
entries.png

disclaimer.png

Inviting your friends to vote for you, bribing random members with rep and otherwise cheating with the VB poll system will get you DISQUALIFIED, BANNED from future contests, -REPPED, and possibly INFRACTED. So don't do it!

This includes, but is not limited to, sending PMs out to various users, getting other people to send those PMs, advertising this contest on other sites with the intention to gain more votes (whether it is explicitly stated or not), and so on. If you are suspected of cheating, the staff will notify you and interrogate you (hopefully) over PMs. <3​

Level 16
Voted kola. Had to choose between him, M0rbid and Berz. I liked berzerkers colours better, nice and clear icons. But there wasn't much originality in them, just the basic attributes. M0rbid had some more original icons, but they pretty static and I didn't like the fact that they were all basically monochrome. kola's icons had a bit more variety in colour and they were more attractive to look at because there was something going on in them.

Level 12
My best 2 were -BerZ's and bananaHUNT's. The vote went to bH's because they looked original while nearly all -BerZ's were basically improved versions of the Blizzard attributes.

Both were amazing, and all the other entries were stunning. M0rbid's had the most awesome Theme though.

Level 30
It's a pity, but there's neither an exceptional nor imposing entry this time.
Given that this contest's conditions were extremely simple and easy this time (3 icons only, theme) i am a bit disappointed.

However, so i'm just dealing with basic advices this time.

UnholyDobrys coins appear rather flat (coins like that exist, still) with, more important, quite simple alternations.
Lightskin should work on shading techniques. I also recommend him not to blur the icons.
M0rbid is using an interesting concept, but the figures should be either more detailed or not in the foreground / center. So i like the 'Accuracy' one most.
The icons from -BerZeKeR- are appearing too deformed and cartoonish in my personal opinion.
kola used creative shading possibilities, but after all, i do not like the outcome, especially the updated versions.
The green one was much better detailed and identifiable before. The updated red one is deformed (also in relation to the earlier version).
bananaHUNTs entry is probably the most convincing, i like the 'Manipulation' and 'Charm' ones. The crown is a bit too cartoonish.

I personally liked bananaHUNTs icons most - mainly the ones he decided not to go with.
madnessfinal.png
endurance2.png
insight2.png

Level 17
My vote goes to Bananahunt, because hes the ONLY ONE who had an original idea, and a good icon. Good work banana.

UnholyDobry:
Things i liked:
-It was original
Things i disliked:
-Personality doesn't really fit under intelligence.
-The art was a bit... sloppy? it wasnt symmetrical.
-It was basic. Not many unique things.
-No DISBTN
LightSkin:
Things i liked:
-Great idea
-You included the requirements (DISBTN and ingame)
Things i disliked:
-The quality of the picture was a bit lower than wc3s.
-It was too transparent.
Morbid:
Things i liked:
-Nice use of colors and good quality
Things i dislike:
-They were images of dolls which i didnt like that much.
-Those 3 attributes have been used to death.
BananaHUNT:
Things i liked:
-Very original.
-Good pictures.
-Great Quality
-I would use this for my map.
-You provided more than what was asked for.
Things i disliked:
-I dont know which one is which, or how they match with str, agi, int.
-BerZeKeR-
Things i disliked:
-The pictures
-The attribute names
-No DISBTN
-Just not unique...
kola:
Things i liked:
-Good idea
Things i disliked:
-same thing with morbid, the dolls in the picture.
Top 3
BananaHUNT - 1st pick
Kola - 2nd pick
lightskin - 3rd pick

Level 6
Would've voted berz, but intelligence didn't make much sense...the only way it was related to intellect was the color blue, which we all seem to associate with that.

Had to go banana, for many reasons, which I'm too busy to type up :p

Good luck to all.

Level 16
For this contest, I've decided to go for the icon set that fits best as attributes icons, disregarding how good they look as command buttons. So my vote goes to kola as I think they still look good when shrink-ed, and the colours are pleasing to the eye. An added bonus is that they can be used as the strength, agility and intelligence attributes too, even if kola did not intended that in the first place. ;)

(side note: oops, I couldn't finish my icons in time, sorry debode ~.~)

LOL i'm not in the poll and i signed up and i uploaded my icons!!!!!

if you dont remember

ok... Looks like the contest is over.
IF YOU HAVE FINISHED AND I HAVENT PUT YOUR NAME ON THE FRONT, PLEASE SPEAK UP NOW
just making sure i havent missed anyone.

Pyramidhe@d said:
Active and disabled versions of all icons are required.
Blizzard icon naming conventions must be followed: BTNAttack*.blp etc.

Level 5
bananaHUNT won this shit, bai

Obviously. His were original and looked shit hot.

UnholyDobry deserves some credit. They would look awesome in some sort of Sparta/Greek/Roman RPG.

86796d1280629101-phoenix-trial-7-attack_mastery_b.png

86797d1280629155-phoenix-trial-7-defense_mastery_b.png

Not sure this is an improvement:

86875d1280706288-phoenix-trial-7-attack_mastery_b2.png

86874d1280706288-phoenix-trial-7-defense_mastery_b2.png

You lost all the detail of the guys face for Defence. And all the muscle-definition on Attack was mushed out.

An icon should be detailed, but clean-cut. You [kola] sort of lose the clean-cut appearance and all of the detail goes out the window (along with my vote!)

As I mentioned - I just like the clean-cut simplicity of BH's entry. Not to mention the fact that it is so unique and it just stands out.

Level 15
I still don't know who should I vote, I would sincerely vote for bananaHUNT, since I really like the wcish' style it has, but, I CAN'T find in any way, how can they fit as ATT icons, and considering the contests is about the ATT and not the BTN, well, I have a lot reduced options to vote for.

Level 6
Don't get me wrong, but I didn't like that much banana's icons, not so Wc3 style for my eyes. Maybe it's just me. Though they are very well detailed and they look really good.
On the other hand, my vote goes for LightSkin, I really like the simplicity on icons. Best to make them not too loaded because sometimes they suck because of overdetailing as icons size is extremely limited. Just my opinion.
About all icons here, nice work ppl. I really liked the overall.

Level 11
i really like banana's icons. Escpacially the manipulation icon. You could use thoose icons to so many things! therefore my vote goes to him. But the others are well too. Keep it up! ;)

I love contests! :)

Level 5
I voted for kola, those seem really original and would love to see them implemented in a map.

BerZeKeR's icons are too original, we have many str, agi, and int, dont we?

bananaHUNT's icons aren't even Attributes? sound more like abilities to me >.< and less like 3 attributes, he has alot of votes though however, which is crazy.

-Edit-
I might not have that much rep or w/e but are you guys serious? comon Charm? what intelligence????, Leadership? is that Strength? More intelligence? and Manipulation?? Intelligence??? You guys clearly haven't read what the contest is about, i guess the 3 big pictures of a fast guy, a strong guy, and an intelligent guy isnt obvious enough for you. Bananahunts icons, yea they look good but they are far off topic of the contest imo. Yall got me scratching my head like my peon buddy over there
<<<<<-----

-Edit-
Also, I like morbids icons too, but kola def gets my vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.