• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Phoenix Trial #5 - Hero Ability Icon Replacements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to topic...I was gonna edit my post, but it was deleted and -5 neg repped :eekani:
So i attached the icons here:

attachment.php
56512d1243989715-phoenix-trial-5-transmutewipgold.png

Darker ------ Old one

I removed a bit of the shading to make it easier to figure out what it is...(the first one)
which looks better?

Attachments

• TransmuteWIPgoldlesshading.png
    TransmuteWIPgoldlesshading.png
    9.3 KB · Views: 395
Level 19
Back to topic...I was gonna edit my post, but it was deleted and -5 neg repped :eekani:
So i attached the icons here:

attachment.php
56512d1243989715-phoenix-trial-5-transmutewipgold.png

Darker ------ Old one

I removed a bit of the shading to make it easier to figure out what it is...(the first one)
which looks better?

I think the first one looks better.

Heres my "Impale" icon. Tell me what you guys think
cryotcopy.jpg

It looks nice, but what is the difference between opening up warcraft and editing a screenshot, or opening up 3ds max and editing a screenshot? Its an art contest not a modeling contest. take a photo of a sculpture is not the same as making a painting, if that clarifies it

i agree there you have to do it pretty much freehand

Well.. we only got 2 days, sure I've made 4 icons, but they're crappy. So I'm withdrawing from the contest if that's ok. (besides, the 4 icon I've made are totally of different style...)

So, I'm withdrawing.
Submit them! We already have lack of contestants. For me this contest is pretty much for practicing. I don't think I will win.

AC i think doesn't stand a chance
and UD hasnt finished and i dont think he will.

UPDATES ON FROST ARMOUR:

I know ive final entered but i cancel that. i need to do some fixer uppers

Attachments

• FrostArmour.jpg
    FrostArmour.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 59
  • BTNFrostArmour[2].jpg
    BTNFrostArmour[2].jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 353
  • BTNPheonix[1].jpg
    BTNPheonix[1].jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 352
Last edited:
Heres my order.
1 - Mr.G
2 - BananaHUNT
3 - Toughie... Four way tie

(And me coming in around 7th D:)

heres my order...

1 - God (cause he rocks)
2 - Jesus (cause even if he wears sandales he rocks)
3 - Yoda (cause it's the most powerfull goblin ever invented)

:3

yeah guys, really, we all participated, and we all made nice icons.. so for me every body has won something (eccept paladon ><), just by training.. our drawing skills :D

Level 18
The last 3 icons posted (Phoenix, Death and Decay, and Vulcano) were very nice icons. Only to the Phoenix icon, I suggest you have a dark red background color or some other background color to fill that empty space, like the color below the Phoenix' wings.

what makes you say that i said in my post that its 90% that those are my finals meaning 10% that i will change some icon...

even if you do.. your no match for the power of Lord Dentothor! :mwahaha:

and nevermind. I think ike_ike will beat me

dentothor, you have used a new drawing technique on the phoenix icon, right?

And yes i have. its a bit better but i dont think ill come that close to winning now.

Done...

Phoenix, Charm, Carrion Swarm and Death Pact. A crappy, vaguely WIP Blink thrown in just for fun, but it's not part of my submission. Kinda a download 4, download 1 free thing.

lol at first i thought the blink was a cat XD

Another update on Pheonix

Attachments

• BTNPheonix.jpg
    BTNPheonix.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 218
Status
Not open for further replies.