• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Phoenix Trial #5 - Hero Ability Icon Replacements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
I enjoy contests. Are you getting contests confused with the Paladon situation?

No, not at all. But as it seems, cheating has been a pretty big issue lately, and if cheating occurs in contests, they ain't fun.

My 2 cents.

Meh, I'll just stop posting here now. Just brings my mood down :D

Good luck to all contestants, may the best one win!

Level 18
Wow... 2 pages filled with posts about Paladon's icons. I'm sure he has something to say about this, I just wonder what it would be.

Anyway, let's get back to subject before this turns out to a flame war.
@HappyCockroach: I was also referring to outlines inside the DH, Like lines to separate the head from the rest of the body. It'll be easier to recognise an anatomy in it, which helps people recognise the DH as the unit you used.

Level 18
People, please don't stir up eachother until we hear something of him.

And no, that doesn't mean you should start flaming as soon as he posts. It means the least we can do is wait for a response of him. Until then: Get back to the contest itself as if nothing happened.

Level 13
Wow... I didn't suspect that.

Hmh... I really liked the icons from paladon but now... shame!

Mr.Goblin still stays my favourite!

Level 15
Don't call him a thief. Sure, he has copied icons, but please, look at them, there are actually good things in them, and it's not a bad recolor. Talentful artist, not using it, simply.

Also, Paladon, I don't know if you read this or not, but remaining silent because you are ashame is just... meh. Otherwise, you should post an excuse to everyone in this contest and tell them that you won't do it again :)

Level 16
Don't call him a thief. Sure, he has copied icons, but please, look at them, there are actually good things in them, and it's not a bad recolor. Talentful artist, not using it, simply.

Also, Paladon, I don't know if you read this or not, but remaining silent because you are ashame is just... meh. Otherwise, you should post an excuse to everyone in this contest and tell them that you won't do it again :)

Uh, the thing is, you know.. That in the rules that he himself actually set for this competition, you can find this quote:
Original Work
Stealing shall be severely punished with -25 reputation/icon. Stealing up to 2 pieces of art will result in a temporary ban (1 week). If the stealing continues, any offender shall be permanently banned.

As far as I understand, taking someone else's work, even if you recolor it a bit, and then call it your own, is called stealing.

But meh.

Level 34
Well dang, Paladon was a huge help here in the Arena. : (
But could I ask that everyone stop talking about anything to do with Paladon cheating, and just continue with the contest? It would be much appreciated, the staff will deal with the issue.

Thanks to DevineArmy for catching this. +rep

Level 34
What did I just say? People need to start listening to me when I ask for conversations to drop. I will dish out punishment if I'm ignored more.

Dude, this whole contest is fucking fail. Not your icon cockroach.
Paladon was a fail in this contest. Not itself. As long as we have contestants, we have a contest.

Art contests are total fail. People always find a way to cheat. At least it's easy to discover with things like terrain contests...
Only idiots cheat in these contests. There is no money reward, why would I cheat, even if I was a thief?

Please some mod clean up this mess, let's get back to the topic.

Level 34
Host doesn't matter, as Arena Moderator I make sure the contest run smooth anyways. Is there no judge yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.