• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Paired Modeling/Texturing Contest #3 - Leaders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 51
Doing that is exactly what I jsut explained.

Inside your 3D modeling package you get your UVW tool, in max it's the Unwrap UVW modifier, in maya you smack a little UV button and Blender I believe has the UVW modifier as well.

This will open the tool where you create your UVs.
These tools also usually contain a button to "render UV" which will produce a wireframe verision as an image for you.

I was expecting that but I was not sure, as I've never used these programs, so I just explained it again in case of a misunderstanding :)

Not owning any of these programs and not wanting to reimport it into milkshape (not even sure if there's an option like that) I had to do it the painful way of screenshoting the wrap in Mdlvis and editing it afterwards.

Level 50
I was expecting that but I was not sure, as I've never used these programs, so I just explained it again in case of a misunderstanding :)

Not owning any of these programs and not wanting to reimport it into milkshape (not even sure if there's an option like that) I had to do it the painful way of screenshoting the wrap in Mdlvis and editing it afterwards.
There is an option to import mdx files in milkshape but it'll delete every bone and animations from the model, textures too. It's not worth it at all.
Anyways, how I was not satisfied with my model for the contest, me and Heinvers agreed to make other model. This time is not human. First wip.
Summoning @Kyrbi0 :D

Attachments

• Wip.png
    Wip.png
    81.9 KB · Views: 188
Level 30
There is an option to import mdx files in milkshape but it'll delete every bone and animations from the model, textures too. It's not worth it at all.
Anyways, how I was not satisfied with my model for the contest, me and Heinvers agreed to make other model. This time is not human. First wip.

Well...... Another Troll for the Troll Empire. Great.

Level 51

I meant if there was an option to wrap the texture there :p i'm aware of the import function. but lets cut the offtopic.

Too bad, I really liked the previous one. But trolls are nice too.

Level 50
Too bad, I really liked the previous one. But trolls are nice too.
The problem with the previous models is it won't fit in game models. But I have a version with in game textures and will be uploaded when finished. Also, the animations are the problem for me, as always. Your Sargeras looks great so far, I'm currious what animations did you used/edited for him.

Level 48

Oh boy. Colour me excited!
Is it a forest troll, jungle troll, or something else?

Level 50
The mesh is finished, now rigging and animations remain. Effects, too.

Edit: my job is finished now. Only effects remain. Now it's Heinv's turn to finish the texture.

Attachments

• Mesh finished Vol'jin.png
    Mesh finished Vol'jin.png
    109.7 KB · Views: 188
  • 111.png
    111.png
    150.4 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
Level 51
Dang bang!

Nice start, but there are several things that need work (mainly model wise but there can be done a few things with textures too).

- The lips should end where the tusks end. I guess it's a wrapping problem, so adding one additonl poly there should make it easier.
- Don't hestitate to exaggarate! Wc3 is basically the definition of exaggeration! Models have to be the same way to make them stand out. Especially when comparing your model/texture to the concept, the hair needs to be longer and the ears need to be bigger.
- A few more muscles wouldn't hurt him as well.
- Make that backpack bigger!
- Adjust his proportions. He looks kinda like a troll kid. He definetly needs to be broader and simply more muscular (pointed out above, sigh.. I'm repeating myself apologzie for that).
- Adjust the tusks so they do not have that edgy look. The direction of the vertices are to be blamed for that.
- His face looks a bit dorky. I don't know how you can fix that, but I'm sure you'll find a way.
- I'd add a nother set of bracers at his wrists, just personal taste.

Well, was more of a model wise review then anything else, but I hope there's some useful stuff I said. And I'm in love with the glaive, but I love glaives in general soo...

Level 50
Nice start, but there are several things that need work (mainly model wise but there can be done a few things with textures too).

- The lips should end where the tusks end. I guess it's a wrapping problem, so adding one additonl poly there should make it easier.
- Don't hestitate to exaggarate! Wc3 is basically the definition of exaggeration! Models have to be the same way to make them stand out. Especially when comparing your model/texture to the concept, the hair needs to be longer and the ears need to be bigger.
- A few more muscles wouldn't hurt him as well.
- Make that backpack bigger!
- Adjust his proportions. He looks kinda like a troll kid. He definetly needs to be broader and simply more muscular (pointed out above, sigh.. I'm repeating myself apologzie for that).
- Adjust the tusks so they do not have that edgy look. The direction of the vertices are to be blamed for that.
- His face looks a bit dorky. I don't know how you can fix that, but I'm sure you'll find a way.
- I'd add a nother set of bracers at his wrists, just personal taste.

Well, was more of a model wise review then anything else, but I hope there's some useful stuff I said. And I'm in love with the glaive, but I love glaives in general soo...
About the lips, I think Heinv textured it wrong, they shouldn't be all to the end of the head.
The hair will be bigger when the texture is done.
About the body and proportions, if you compare it with in game hero Shadowhunter, (or whatever it is called) you will see that the proportions are good as it is.
We'll see when the texture is fully finished what can I do with face.
The texture looks nice so far. Although the head indeed looks a little wierd. Mouth especially.

Level 14
I wonder will it be ok if I swap partner, @Flute volunteered to help me to do the texture, I couldn't contact @Chen if he is working on the texture or not. At this rate, might not make it, I don't know the status of the texture at all

I feel like I'm betraying @Chen If I swap partner but isn't replying (Yet? ) and I don't want to just left the model like that

Status
Not open for further replies.