1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

{OLD} Wc3:WoW Discussion

Discussion in 'Warcraft 3: World of Warcraft' started by Craka_J, Jun 26, 2007.

?

What should the Wc3:WoW Team focus on most?

1. Terrain: Landscapes, Cityscapes, making all surroundings as similar to WoW as possible.

20.9%
  2. Characters visuality: Visible equipped weapons and armor, physical features such as beards or hair-s

17.9%
  3. Class balancing: Make all classes as balanced as possible, to make PvP much more competitive.

6.8%
  4. PvE: Quests, Mobs, Instances/Dungeons, etc.

16.3%
  5. The Website: Make the website have a more Warcrafty style, add more information about Wc3:WoW's prog

0.8%
  6. Cool WoW-Like Features: Auction House, Inventory system, Battlegrounds, Talent Tree system, Party/Ra

18.6%
  7. Fix it: Fix as many bugs as humanly possible before proceeding to progress on another part of the pr

6.1%
  8. Beta Teams: Make the Closed Beta team a bit larger. Focus on their suggestions and consider their id

1.5%
  9. Ventrilo/Chatrooming: Get a ventrilo server for fans to get a chance to gather and talk to the Wc3:W

0.9%
  10. Advertisement: Focus strongly on advertising Wc3:WoW on YouTube vidoes, Battle Net, etc. and release

2.7%
  11. PvP: Make Player VS Player/Bot more entertaining, balanced, and skill-based.

7.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    And all of which require a high level character to successfully complete each instance, at least compared to the level you can get to in the demo we have so far.
    ~Craka_J

2. Tobbzn

Tobbzn

Resources:
    Resources:
    I want to see a preview on how the classes are now :)

Pwetty Pwease?

3. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    They aren't really done yet. None of them are to be honest. Plus I think TripX said that she needs help with making the talent system. Next time I see her on MSN I'll ask her for the talent system and hopefully Saitek009 or someone can finish it for Wc3:WoW. It's going to play a major role when it comes to spells. Probably will have a ton of bugs too, but we'll worry about that later.

VexenX and Phoenix_VII are making a trailer/teaser for their own project: The Kingdom of Kaliron. If it ends up as a good trailer, I'll ask them to help make the trailer of Wc3:WoW. Though, it is asking a bit much. I can only hope that they will say yes. :grin:
    ~Craka_J

4. Tobbzn

Tobbzn

Resources:
    Resources:
    Aww, I still want to see the classes as they are this far ^^

Really looking forward to what seems to me as a really awe-inspiring project.

5. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I honestly doubt we'll show anything of what we have so far, since there really isn't that much to show... but I will try to get some screenshots and more information out about the Priest class since that will be the first class completed, judging on it's completion of progress of that class so far.

PS: I almost forgot: Welcome to the Hive Workshop! :grin:
    ~Craka_J

6. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Phoenix_VII would be a great addition team wise. Hopefully he would accept your offer!

7. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I doubt he would accept. He is already working heavily on new maps of his and VexenX's ORPG series TKoK a lot lately. Once he isn't so busy with work, I will consider contacting him as well. MadseN agreed to join, but only to polish up areas and do small places. He said he isn't fond of making entire maps and zones.
    ~Craka_J

8. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Just the fact that you got MadseN to join is a big step. Perhaps you could get him to work on different dungeons and such smaller places that needs a lot of detail.

9. NiX_GR_

NiX_GR_

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Why hullo thar, i've got some nice W3:WoW video ideas, may i post them here?

10. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sure. :smile:
    Or you can make a new thread about it. The decision is yours.
    ~Craka_J

11. iron_warrior

iron_warrior

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Hmmm...I know I seem to do this a bit, but making Wc3 into WoW is actually quite fun. I can see why you started this mod, Craka. I was fiddelin' around with my Money map one day, and for kicks made a paladin with a custom targeting system. When a unit is targeted, it displays a "WoW-like" (I put quotations around it because it's ugly) selection circle. You are always selected on your paladin, so your abilities are always within reach. If you use an offensive ability, it automatically casts on your "target unit."

Ideally it'd be possible to have 2 or 3 spellbooks with less-used abilities, like Blessings, Auras, and long Cooldowns, and the main interface with the combat abilities, like Seals, Heals and...(keels? Ooo...needed something to ryhme). I use the hero icons in the top left to display your targeted unit. Sadly, I couldn't find a way to display an enemies' icon, short of making them all heroes, so I had to resort to little plus symbols for everyone.

It's actually kinda fun. Hope it can be useful, you guys seemed swamped as of late.

Attached Files:

12. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    Craka only took over recently. It was started a long time ago. Can't remember names. Craka will.

I think iron_warrior should just join the team.

13. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    beantony started the mod over at wc3c in 2004 I think.

14. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It was founded by Beantony in 2004, that is correct. Although it was mid 2004. Then around 2005 or 2006 Freakazoid took over, and not too long from then (Couple months I think) Nasrudin took over. Then in 2007 I have taken over. I've been the leader of this project for almost a year. I became leader in January or Febuary, sometime around that.
    ~Craka_J

15. iron_warrior

iron_warrior

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    When I said they were "swamped" I meant that in the last few weeks they've been tied up.

I don't know JASS, so I can't actually do any triggers for the team (I think there's a post from Craka saying all the triggers are written in JASS, which is a good idea...it's much better, I hear)

I just made this test map, and my others, like the money system, for the idea and concept. And it's fun.

16. Saitek009

Saitek009

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Craka' would you make an exception to the JASS only rule if I took his triggers and JASS'ed them for him?
    His work is nice and his ideas are original. I think that he deserves credit for them.
    Also would that be O.K. with you iron_warrior?
    Anyways nice work iron, next time I get the campaign I'll add your stuff in.
    Rep+

17. iron_warrior

iron_warrior

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Thanks. I like how you bolded my name.

Anyways, I might try to learn JASS...if I was to help out, I'd want to be an addition, not a hindrence.

18. TheSpartan

TheSpartan

Resources:
    Resources:
    I dont know if you already have made that but i saw an rpg map where the assasin has the same abilites as the wow rouge and they were extremely well made the combo points were shown upon your head they also increased the damage of ur flink ability ( or so ) also the backstab was working great.

so is it like that in your map?

19. iron_warrior

iron_warrior

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    My map has the paladin, instead of the rogue...so of course not combo points. I have Auras and Seals and Judgement in there, though, but the main focus of it was the targeting system.

20. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The targetting system is a very good addition in my opinion indeed. Get to work on that and perhaps fix whatever you can with the money system as well; unless Saitek009 or someone wants to finish it in JASS.
    ~Craka_J

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.