• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

{OLD} Wc3:WoW Discussion

What should the Wc3:WoW Team focus on most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
ya but when i meant that, i meant that when you turned on your game, the time would " adjust to the current time you had in real life..

like in the begging you input your current time ( ex : its 10 :00 Am ) and so you play, and when you log off, the time counter "keeps going" so that when you go back and play some more at 5 :00 Pm, the time would change to 5 :00 PM.

but yez it does sound immpossible in WC3, whter GUI or JASS iz used :/

Level 25
The site would have to have the same domain as it does now (Wc3 : WoW | A modification for 'Warcraft III:The Frozen Throne') since there are a lot of links to that site. I'll give you the site info so you can redo the Wc3:WoW website itself instead of making a replacement one.

TO ALL: (GOOD NEWS)
I recently bought a super gaming PC with a 24" LCD Flatscreen monitor. The thing is amazing. What does this mean for Wc3:WoW? Well, not only do I finally have a PC of my own after waiting almost three years and that I can play games like Crysis, but now I can work on Wc3:WoW and other Condemned Entertainment. This PC also has almost of terabyte (1000 gigs) of usable hard-drive space. That's a LOT. My last PC had about 100 gigs, so this is a massive transition for me.

I currently don't have all-round internet access yet - borrowing my bros internet router for the time being when he sleeps til late in the afternoon - but will soon. Just a heads up.

About the dead status of Wc3:WoW for a long time, that is something I'll get into later. Right now I am still settling myself, but the news regarding Wc3:WoW is generally bad, but with a good side to it.

~Craka_J

Level 1
Introduction

Hi everyone,

I happy to meet a community which share the same interest and passion than me.

I was working hard of my RPG project in World Editor during three years until i discovered this place where a lot of very skilled people were working together.

So, i am willed to join a team in order to work on a big wow-like project.
I think my world editor's skills would be appreciate especialy in mapping and tiggering. However, I am realy bad to make skin.

if you are interested in the time that I can provide (I am student...^^) do not hesitate to contact me : [email protected]

Hope to hearing from you soon

PS : Sorry for my langage but I am french
PS 2 : Don't worry for me about the fact I post my e-mail adress in a public topic : I don't care of spam :)

Level 18
thatz not off topic IamtheRper ,

however, to answer his question simply, i think only a select few on this site, who may quiete possibly be the best terrainers/ triggers etc... are assigned to the WOW project

and i think they are all friends >.> i dont know though hehe

Level 15
How long yuo are planning to make this ? Very cool idea :)

It's an attempt to recreate WoW in Wc3. They plan to make all of Kalimdor, and all of the Horde's races and classes.

They had a website for it that had all kinds of information on it, but it's currently down. I'm working on making a new one for it.

~Death
Condemned Entertainment Manager, Webmaster, Programmer and 3D Artist

Level 1
Okey so, first sorry if a make a "offtopic"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rober artua
How long yuo are planning to make this ? Very cool idea :)

It's an attempt to recreate WoW in Wc3. They plan to make all of Kalimdor, and all of the Horde's races and classes.

They had a website for it that had all kinds of information on it, but it's currently down. I'm working on making a new one for it.

I had work a lot of time alone on this kind of project and sincerly, iam proud of the result i obtain alone. But it's almost impossible to succed in this kind of project without team.

And about tje project himself, my point of view isn't to try to recreat exactly the wow universe (every trees at the good place etc) but to use it for begin our own world but with the same background. I mean, its not necesseray to recreat every class and every race. For exemple we use gnoll as a race and delete gnom ;)

however, to answer his question simply, i think only a select few on this site, who may quiete possibly be the best terrainers/ triggers etc... are assigned to the WOW project
and i think they are all friends >.> i dont know though hehe

Thanks for this informations. But i am not yet at my ease on this web sit so can you show me where i can found the people you are talking about ?

PS : Sorry again for my english

Level 18
lets see.

best terrainers : Death, famouspker, frostwhisper,craka J, and 2P ( though i dont think he is in the project.)

thats all i know of, since im the terraining type...im not into triggering.

by the way, they probably dont need your help, because they arn't recruiting. They might be recruiting beta testers(not yet though)

and lol, i tried the same exact thing u did too yanis, i also made a WOW map. But trust me, nothing compares to this project. The terrain in the screenies are really high grade.
all you can do is watch on the sidelines while they slowly make it : / Cant wait thoughy :D

Level 15
You forgot Void and MadseN in that list. And do you mean [Death], or when you say Death, do you mean me? :p I used to do a lot of terraining, but I've kind of moved past Wc3.

Wc3:WoW is actually looking for experienced Jassers to help with the coding of various systems, and to help de-bug any current systems. You can apply in the official recruitment thread here in the Wc3:WoW hosted project board.

~Death
Condemned Entertainment Manager, Webmaster, Programmer and 3D artist

Level 1
Skills

Wc3:WoW is actually looking for experienced Jassers to help with the coding of various systems, and to help de-bug any current systems. You can apply in the official recruitment thread here in the Wc3:WoW hosted project board.

I am skilled in every field of WE but i have some skills in journalisum too (to make speeches, dialog, history background). Do you think they need this kind of skills too ?

PS : thank you for this informations.

Level 15
As much as we need people to help with the development of Wc3:WoW, we don't just accept new potential team members because they claim to be able to do what we need. Perhaps if you were to code a system for us, preferrably something that fully displays your skill, that would help us with our decision.

And your welcome for the information, it's my job as the Condemned Entertainment Manager to provide info to the community and fanbase.

~Death
Condemned Entertainment Manager

Level 1
ok, this pending announcement is killing me!

edit - I was thinking that about the jounalism thing too though.

Level 5
I recently bought a super gaming PC with a 24" LCD Flatscreen monitor. The thing is amazing. What does this mean for Wc3:WoW? Well, not only do I finally have a PC of my own after waiting almost three years and that I can play games like Crysis, but now I can work on Wc3:WoW and other Condemned Entertainment. This PC also has almost of terabyte (1000 gigs) of usable hard-drive space. That's a LOT. My last PC had about 100 gigs, so this is a massive transition for me.

There's two bad things about that:
If you have such a superior gaming pc you won't have time to work with wc3:wow... maybe

And the second bad thing is that MY new pc only has a 22" flatscreen monitor

Level 5
1) So far that is true. Orange Box ftw.
2) Yay for me! :grin:

~Craka_J

OH NO NOT THE ORANGE BOX OF DOOM! It equals like 400 hours of playtime! well maybe not.
Anyway has there been any progress on the project the latest time? It's kinda dead around here. And the "real" forum is ready for its funeral.

Level 15
We ( I :p ) actually came up with an idea, which allows everyday users to help keep Wc3:WoW alive by submitting their custom made resources that they feel would help us out. It wouldn't require you to be a member of the team, but you will still receive credit if your resource is used.

I'm unsure of when Craka will post the thread about it here.

~Death

Level 5
We ( I :p ) actually came up with an idea, which allows everyday users to help keep Wc3:WoW alive by submitting their custom made resources that they feel would help us out. It wouldn't require you to be a member of the team, but you will still receive credit if your resource is used.

I'm unsure of when Craka will post the thread about it here.

~Death

Now THAT sounds like a good idea! Wonder why no-one has thought of it before...

Level 1
Is this still progressing?

Is this still on?
Like will it ever be out?
It looks very good, but when is it going to be released?

Level 10
really?

but remember the onyxia model ?

it COULD NOT get any better than that. Imagine a raid with onyxia. that would have been perfecct..

of course, big file sizes...
A little hard to say this correctly, but it's basically to stop infrigement or copyright or something. They have a right to what they make, and its like making a logo that resembles another companie's logo.

@WoW Team
Well the thread with what you have done hasn't been updated for a year. Be nice to see that updated, with like details/screenshots of your work.

Level 25
I was going to prepare a large formal post about the absence of all the developers of Wc3:WoW, but I'll do that later. To summarize it, the project is falling apart. Our lead JASSer, Saitek009, left the team and ever since, the project is a mess without him. We need good JASS scripters and modelers too. We also need a lot of good spell creators. If you think you're good, that's not enough. Unless you want to improve your spell making skills better, then maybe, but we are in serious need of people who have the skill, time, and dedication as well as patience to help carry on and complete Wc3:WoW.

Please stop sending me BETA messages. There is no BETA. Not for a while until we get a lot more done. I will make a large post on the website when the next BETA is ready. (Including for the closed BETA as well) So I plead you to stop begging for the project. It is getting you no where. If you want to help us work on Wc3:WoW, that's great. Just send me a PM or Email about it and I'll see. But you must provide detailed information about your skills and past work. You can't just be good at something; you need proof! Otherwise I'll just think you're another guy trying to steal the project - we've had plenty of those already - even if they act like Wc3:WoW is their messiah or religion. :p

This is a desperate hour. I actually considered cancelling this project for good again, but I am trying to prove that I am doing all that I can to keep it alive. There are still modelers and texture artists aboard the Wc3:WoW Team, so don't think that I'm the only guy left. I am not going to cancel Wc3:WoW, there is no BETA, I am not looking for testers right now, and we don't need mediocre terrain help. I thank you all who want to help and actually try to help in advance;

~Craka_J

Last edited:
Level 9
I am not going to cancel Wc3:WoW, there is no BETA, I am not looking for testers right now, and we don't need mediocre terrain help. I thank you all who want to help and actually try to help in advance

Finaly, make youself clear :cool:
I'm tied of people asking when the next beta will out, or where to download it :slp:

Guess I can't help you, since I can't do thinks in the same quality as you do. So I just wish you good luck, and to keep the great work up :thumbs_up:

Level 18
hmmm...

closing this project forever would surly disappoint the people who have been waiting for 4 years.

i suggest realeasing your alpha version ( if u plan to end it ) to the public, or on request, so that perhaps another team of mappers can try and complete, with your names in mind of course.

however if you plan to continue, dont rush to much... there really isn't a deadline for it.
but try in the spare time , to work bit by bit on it :p

Level 34
If this project is closed, please don't release it. Please. It wouldn't be any tribute to the amount of work that has gone into it. Unless you've come a long ways since I played. Which I doubt.

Level 25
It isn't closed yet. And I refuse to. I'm looking for people to join, but so far, EVERYONE who I think is capable of helping has rejected the offer. Seems like this project will ultimately fail. The only people who want to help are those who can't. Not really good enough to save this project.

I'll see what I can do to revive it, but so far my efforts are useless.

~Craka_J

Level 25
Good News!

Announcement: GOOD NEWS
For a while, Wc3:WoW has been inactive and the developers of Wc3:WoW haven't been responding often to thread posts nor emails. This was all due to the fact that most of our development group working on Wc3:WoW have quit. After Saitek009, the main JASS scripter whom Wc3:WoW relied on most left the team, the project fell at that point. I was considering canceling the project for good this time since I thought there was nothing I could do, but eventually changed my mind and tried finding someone to help keep the project alive.

Yesterday, BoneBreaker agreed to help Wc3:WoW. This means progress will begin to proceed once again starting this weekend. I sincerely apologize for the long unexpected inconvenience, but at least the project will soon be back on its feet again. The current developers of Wc3:WoW are:
  • Craka_J: Project Manager ; Terrainer ; Spokesman
  • BoneBreaker: JASS Scripter ; Spells Creator
  • Hawkwing: Texture Artist
  • Skrab: 3D Model Artist
Hopefully the team grows larger than it is.

~Craka_J

Level 25
Yeah but most of them are either not interested or are too busy to uptake such an important role in such a large project that will surely occupy much of their time. We need people who can dedicate and commit themselves and their time to this project in order for it to succeed.

~Craka_J

Level 15
I'm sure the terrain isn't that much of a priority at the moment.

But looking at what's in store for Condemned Entertainment, and how busy we'll all be with those things, it might be a good idea to find another terrainer, so that you can focus more on other things.

Level 18
interesting.

if you need a terrainer, i can help you out.

my specialty is barren terrain. so if you want i could do the barrens, or tanaris or something.

i can also make good snow landscapes, like winterspring and dun mough.

if you dont need me, its okay. but i just think 1 terrainer getting 20 maps done that are fairly detailed and large would take a long time...

Status
Not open for further replies.