• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

{OLD} Wc3:WoW Discussion

What should the Wc3:WoW Team focus on most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Today I did some testing myself to see what classes are over-powered so far. Here is a list of what I've discovered. More information will be provided later:
  • Dwarf Warrior is a beast! Lets just say he has a high threshold for pain. He deals good damage and usually masses spells when he is engaged. This guy is not the type of guy you'd want to try to solo, unless if you out-leveled him.
  • Undead Warlock pet summons are OP! They summon all three pets, one of which deals damage to air-units (We're getting rid of that air-units only attack bug, don't worry), and they are awesome party-mates.
  • Dwarf and Orc Rogues are actually sneaky, even in Wc3:WoW! They can sometimes sneak up on you while stealthed and crit strike you for a lot of damage. Their spells kind of suck, but they can do a lot against mage classes.
  • Troll Shamans are decent. They can be taken down pretty easily, but they can actually hurt you a lot if you're alone.
  • Undead Priests just heal friendlys and themselves. No real risk. Though, when they first enter a zone, they can sometimes cast a spell which summons three skeletons and that can actually provide good defense for the priest, since the priest can just heal all of his minions and himself.
  • Night Elf Hunters suck big time! I saw a level 4 Night Elf Hunter get killed by a level 6 Plainstrider in 10 seconds, if not less. But while this air-only attack bug exists, they're really good against those, and so are Orc Hunters.
  • Tauren and Troll Warriors are kind of balanced. But I know for sure that Tauren warriors are very strong and can beat a mage class down hard-core, including locks.
  • Human Paladins are wimps like they are in WoW. Though, right now these paladins are five times dumber since they bubble while in a battle or a bit before the battle starts. They try to flee as well, but it is never successful since they try to retaliate with low health about 5 seconds after they begin to flee. Their spells most commonly used are Holy Light and Divine Shield. Therefore, this guy has proven himself a threat only to Undead players. But even those can beat him down... WARNING: Bubble lasts about 15 seconds long! Can you say "time to nerf"?
  • Undead Mages are pathetic. Their spells are pretty inaffective in battle. They are easy to take down and deal crappy damage, but their ice shield or mana shield seems to make their death slightly slower.
  • Orc Hunters are better than Night Elf Hunters, but almost everything else can defeat them.
  • Night Elf Priests have a bug and use it wisely. Their shadow-meld ability seems to be an instant cast at any time of day. Also requires no mana and can be casted when fleeing, but now when damage is being inflicted upon the priest. The priest, at first, uses a spell or two, usually offensive, and then heals herself here and there while she tries to kill the target. Eventually she gets down to low HP and will retreat and it can take about 1-5 seconds before she uses the Shadow Meld spell and completely vanish. And the odd part is, if you cast an AoE where the priest shadow melded, the target is not revealed. This means that the Shadow Meld ability is probably acting as a Wind Walk ability or is bugged and actually removed the priest from the map completely! Horde priests are easier to take down in my opinion.
  • Gnome Warlocks are pretty damn tough as well. Horde warlocks, I'd have to say, would compete really well with the Gnome locks. They both seem balanced against each other, however, I've seen only Gnome Warlocks so far, use a life steal ability. So not only does the Gnome Warlock have a larger variation of spells, but he also depletes his mana twice as fast as the Horde warlock. Thus, the Horde warlock wins this debate.
  • Orc Rogues have a very high crit chance and fight well in PvE. But when it comes to PvP, Dwarf Rogues take the cake.
  • Human Mages can massacre a Horde Mage badly. But against every other class, maybe not so much. They are decent in PvE, but somehow end up winning the battle with low or lower than half HP. PvP, they can do pretty well. Though they are easy to kill, (No where nearly as easy as a Night Elf Hunter) they do lots of damage to healing classes. Tanks destroy mages hardcore.
  • Tauren Druids are completely useless since their spells are currently bugged really badly. Not to mention that their melee damage sucks, and their HP is really low, making them twice as easy as a Night Elf Hunter.
  • Orc Warriors are actually good. They deal a good amount of damage, have good HP, and their spells are very helpful. Though their main weakness would have to be against Rogues and Dwarven Warriors. In fact, all Dwarves and Gnomes seem to annihilate Orc Warriors pretty badly.
~Craka_J

Last edited:
Level 25
Looking for item creators!

We will soon be needing to create about 50 items or more for Wc3:WoW's next public beta. If you're up for the job and know how to create items and custom items very well, that is great. However you will need to have JASS knowlege and how to recode stuff and things like that since you will have to trigger the cost of each item to make sure the Copper, Silver, and Gold currency system doesn't explode.

Got what it takes and interested for the job? Then apply here ASAP!
~Craka_J

Level 34
They are part of the expansion, anything in the expansions are not included. (TBC and RotLK)

Level 25
Not sure about the next private beta (Closed Beta) is released, but I expect it to be released around Christmas Eve-Christmas. We may wait for the day after Christmas though since... well... we have personal lives too!

I'm frequently updating the To-Do-List and Change-Log, replacing information and adding stuff as well.

We have not done anything with the A.I. of bots yet so they're still pretty dumb (Especially Hunters, Paladins, and Priests) when it comes to fighting and stuff.

PS: Also, I'd like to apologize for my inactivity. I've been very sick with a Sinus Infection and it sucks. I'm getting better now, though kind of slowly, so I will try to put a bit of my energy into being more active on the forums. :smile:
~Craka_J

Level 25
When WC3:WoW was first founded, Kalimdor was the main focus of this project and was supposed to be the only playable continent (Besides Teldrassil) we'd make. However, Wc3:WoW would be nothing like WoW if you could not venture into the regions of Lordaeron, so I am the one who will make it official that Lordaeron becomes a playable continent for the Alliance races. The races guaranteed to be playable soonest in the Lordaeron continent are Undead, Night Elf, and Human. Dwarves and Gnomes will have to wait.

The continents/islands we are going to make officially are: Kalimdor, Teldrassil, and Lordaeron. We will not make Outlands, Northrend, or any other isles.

~Craka_J

Level 25
I've updated the To Do List again since we've completed quite a few things this week. I plan to get some stuff done this weekend on Wc3:WoW as well, mainly to do with terrain pathing issues.

People want a final answer on two big questions: Will there be a closed beta, or something equivalent, on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, or after the day Christmas? There is a very, very strong chance that that is so. So those of whom who are Closed Beta testers, you have something more to look forward to during the holidays!

Another question people ask is: Will Wc3:WoW's Open Beta be released before the StarCraft II game release? Most definitely yes. There will probably be a lot less in the beta than we had planned, but for the sake of your curiosity, interest, and entertainment, we think it may be worth it. But don't let this message turn you around, we're still working fast and trying to get all that we can done, as soon as it can be done. So... wish us the best of luck!
~Craka_J

Level 12
Im running a private WoW server(dont tell anyone lol) i can get you screens of any area from any perspective,just let me know if you need them for terraining etc.

Level 12
Np glad i could help this project looks really good,the terrain is teh best that ive ever seen actually...At the moment,im out of town and i dont have WoW on this pc but ill get back in about 3 days,i hope you dont need the screens urgently...just tell me which areas you need screenshoted and from which angle and ill send them to you or post them here,whatever youd like.

Level 25
Orgrimmar, city of Durotar Orcs and Trolls, is currently being terrained and I am in need of screenshots. Up for the challenge? Then go ahead, screenshot it up for me, and I will be most appreciative.

I may also start hiring official screenshot takers soon as well since this is a helpful job that requires you to go out of your way. I find it more useful than giving ideas, so that is another helpful reason why it may deserve notice.

Another area I am soon going to reterrain is Thunder Bluff. Get me plenty of shots of that place and I'm a happy guy!
~Craka_J

Level 25
Screenshots of Orgrimmar is currently what is needed.
Screenshots of Thunder Bluff is also needed.

Much appreciation of these contributions will be the result, and perhaps +rep as well if they're good enough and really helpful.

~Craka_J

Level 2
This wc3:wow sounds reeealy cool! But may i ask something?

Are you gonna implement the outlands? If you do, i may help you if you want by giving you some screenshots from in-game (if u didnt already added or done outlands).

Level 25
We have four JASSers in our team. Three of which are active, and one of which is new (Darkwulfv) and its enough to get us by. We don't have a lot of JASSers, so our progress is slow and forces us to cancel the addition of a few things that we planned to have in the upcoming Open Beta such as the talent system.

We are not adding ANY expansion zones or expansion races. However we might add some expansion items and spells. We'll have to see later on when the mod is more developed. For screenshots, please view our screenshots gallery here.

~Craka_J

Level 3
What about some new screenshots and could we ( Maybe nobody else than me ) maybe see the models you are using the char's ?

Level 3
Maybe some of your best work in it, but it looks very good on the old screenshots so, what some new places ? :)

Level 25
I might start creating Stormwind as soon as HT finally finishes making the tileset for it and when Skrab (Our new modeler) gets more buildings and doodads done.

The new areas are very poorly done. Freakazoid made Thousand Needles a long time ago and it is still in Wc3:WoW. I might work on the details a bit more on it and then take a screen or two of it.

~Craka_J

Level 25
Just about all of our Closed Betas have been sent the newest Closed Beta. If you've received the beta and 7-zip will not extract the file properly, please contact me ASAP.

I am still removing people from the beta team and trying to make as much room as possible to allow in more useful, helpful, and active testers. If you received the beta, I strongly recommend you test it frequently and report as many bugs as you can within three days. Failure to do so will guarantee you to be kicked off of the team, unless you have e-mailed us bugs not too long ago, which not many did.

The Wc3:WoW trailer is almost done, and should be done around Christmas eve. It'll be our public Christmas present to you all; special thanks to Bob27 for making the trailer/teaser.

The website will be under construction and if you notice any changes on the website, do not be alarmed, it is most likely because we are working on it and trying to organize it more before we change the template. The forum will not have any major changes.

The spells department is rising up again in speed and two classes are nearing completion! More information about this will be announced when they are 100% complete, or so we believe until we get results from our testers.

I'm starting to look around Wc3:WoW for good stuff to take screenshots of. Nothing too big in-game yet which I want to exploit yet, but we might do something in the teaser towards the end. We'll see what happens when the mod is more developed.

~Craka_J

Last edited:
Level 34
For your question on what areas... the selection map. Where you load characters or make new ones. Improve the terrain and then post it.

Also for the character loading area, one cool idea would be to use triggers to make the area around your character suit it's race.

Level 12
I took the screens of TB and Orgrimmar as i promised.Now the problem with org is that blizzard designed it in a way that you cant really take a pic of it all from birdview because if you fly too up high some random textures block ur view.Sorry for the wait,it took me some time to get up a second server(i couldnt take screens of my server with people playing,because i get too laggy when there are a bunch of players in org and i try to fly,so the screens would look crappy)

Attachments

• WoWScrnShot_122307_152330.jpg
    WoWScrnShot_122307_152330.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 264
  • WoWScrnShot_122307_152346.jpg
    WoWScrnShot_122307_152346.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 834
  • WoWScrnShot_122307_152354.jpg
    WoWScrnShot_122307_152354.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 235
  • WoWScrnShot_122307_152407.jpg
    WoWScrnShot_122307_152407.jpg