• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Old Days of Gaming...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Megaman Zero series, Riviera, pokemon, Golden Sun, Fire Emblem, Shining Soul, Summon Knight 1 & 2, Sword of Mana, Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, Castlevania (Circle of the Moon, Aria of Sorrow), Advanced Wars... I forgot but there should be more. Sabre Wulf?

Level 22
Mega man?
No, Megaman, pfft.

Mega-man-zero-boxart.jpg

And since you're such a pedantic prick, here it is in its original language:

ロックマンゼロ

663345.jpg

Level 22
Fast-paced gameplay, multiple weapons (2 onwards, specially 3), ok plot (not tits), cyber elves (like X's armor upgrades; basically bonus stats or abilities), good BGM. Hard (only on 1)

Cons: Ended on 4th installment, Capcom.

Level 35
I play GBA to this day, it's the best portable gaming device ever.

The Fire Emblem games were the best, followed by Advance Wars, interestingly both were made by the same author.

The others I really liked were:

Riviera
Pokémon FR, Emerald
Super Robot Wars OG 1, 2
Zelda: The Minish Cap
Castlevania - Aria of Sorrow
Summon Night 2 - Swordcraft story

Yeah. I mean God forbid you should ever have to actually try games out before saying they're terrible.

But at least you can borrow your opinions from PewDiePie so I guess you have that going for you.

Actually you are incorrect, I don't watch him. I did but it was long time ago. He is quite annoying now. Please do not impede your false-facts without educating or learning into my perspective.

I know how these games play, I've played several. The fact is that I didn't like them.

Level 20
No you said first :
Thank God I did not play any of these games. They are awful. (my opinion)
You clearly stated that you did not play any of these games. And then you proceed to judge them. And then after this was pointed out you made additional statement that contradicted previous statements.
I know how these games play, I've played several. The fact is that I didn't like them.
Then I said you shouldn't have worded your first post the way you did and you corrected me by repeating second post which honestly was irrelevant for my point. My point was you shouldn't have said "I did not play any of these games" when you did actually.

I hope I am clear now and that we can drop this off topic nonsense so we can reminiscence of the golden games of our youth. Sure they suck by modern standards but damn they gave us much enjoyment. I still remember my old games and machines fondly...

Level 9
480ccf3fd625c49a8ebdcd3f84846bd6c1bf1ceee99318984959eb355441d192.jpg

Nuff said i guess. Played Gta San Andreas when i think i was like 5. I never had any tv consoles, but i remember i found a website when i was like 10 years old where you can play those nes games and i remember playing Super Mario Brothers 2 and 3 alot. And of course that super hard Contra too.

Doom (1993) -

Doom was widely praised in the gaming press and is broadly considered to be one of the most important and influential titles in gaming history. In 1996, Computer Gaming World ranked it as the fifth best video game of all time.

Fallout I (1997) -

The game won the "RPG of the Year" award by GameSpot in 1997 and the "RPG of the Year" by Computer Gaming World in 1998, called "quite simply the best RPG to hit the PC in years." It was nominated in the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences' first annual Interactive Achievement Awards in the categories "Computer Role Playing Game of the Year" and "Outstanding Achievement in Sound and Music".

480ccf3fd625c49a8ebdcd3f84846bd6c1bf1ceee99318984959eb355441d192.jpg

Nuff said i guess. Played Gta San Andreas when i think i was like 5. I never had any tv consoles, but i remember i found a website when i was like 10 years old where you can play those nes games and i remember playing Super Mario Brothers 2 and 3 alot. And of course that super hard Contra too.

That came out in 2004/5, not that old you know.

Level 35
Well, if we're really thinking /that/ far back, I haven't even seen a computer for a long while in my life. We got our first computer in 1997, the first games I played were Quake 2, a game about the 24 hours Le Mans race and some Super Mario derivative. I got a new game every 1-2 years back then, since they were pretty hard and expensive to come by where I live.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

It was only one of the games that helped revolutionize and form the FPS genre. Ya know, no big deal.
No wonder I dunno what it is, I hate fps, lol.

Level 15
When I was a kid I played a lot of Quake II. My first computer could run 3D only in software. I also remember playing a Hercules (Disney's) game on the PC.
Also I had a NES and used to play a lot of games on it.
Ah DOOM was awesome. Anyone remember Quake too?
Ah, Doom. And Hexen (especially), Heretic and Strife. Ever since I tried Quake 1 two years ago, Quake 2 became obsolete for me. It's a mountain of a better game.
Daggerfall and Dungeon Hack. Those two right thur
Daggerfall is amazing. As for Dungeon Hack I will go with Eye Of The Beholder and Ultima Underworld.

Level 28
I have NES before and played quite a lot of games but my most favorite is lode runner. I still remember playing it so much and having much fun with It's level editor.

I can't recall this DOS game where you get key and open the door to the next level and stuff, I used to play it on our computer class when I'm too bored to listen to our teacher.

Level 22
You mean Solomon's Key?

I liked lode runner too, along with excite bike, balloon fight, bomber man, battle tanks, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.