• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Your 10 best games ever list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
With insomnia bothering me as usual ( This is a joke Kimberly ), I was poking through some different web sites, concentrating on the 100 best games ever made. Now 100 is a lot, so I ask anyone interested to write their top 10. I know you maybe have more then 10 favorites but try to make it 10. You can put other platforms as well. Here is my list:

10. Civilization II - I played this game on and on and on, and I played it with friends. Bah the entire concept was a win.

9. Red Alert - A game that was just brilliant. Released in 1996 when I was 6, it defined my childhood. My older brother played it and I watched him, then later I played it. Supreme.

8. Jazz Jackrabbit - They just don't make them like this these days, a rabbit with a gun killing turtles :D

7. Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn - This game is art. The thick manual I kept reading and reading while my brother was playing.

6. Starcraft - must I say more?

5. Heroes III - I stayed up till the morning playing this game with a bunch of friends. Posibilites - unlimited.

4. Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace - I loved this game and always will.

3. Star Wars: Rebel Assault II: The Hidden Empire I could play this for days again and again.

2. Curse of the Monkey Island III - The characters, the humour, the riddles, amazing.

1. Warcraft III - WE is the best thing Blizzard had ever made.

Some games I considered putting: Diablo II, Icy Tower, Settlers, Sim City 2000, Sims, Civlization III, Stronghold, Worms, Fallout 1 and 2.

EDIT: + Fallout 1 and 2 on considered games

Last edited:
Level 12
1. Warcraft III. Need I say more?

2. Diablo II. The best RPG I ever played.

3. Super Metroid. Old but good.

4. Spore. I love this game. But I don't like the Space stage that much. I wish I could stay in tribal and civilization stage forever.

5. Starcraft. Only not closer to the top because Space-themed strategy isn't the best genre in my opinion.

6. Metroid Prime. A bit slow, but very fun.

7.Metroid Prime 2. Storyline not quite as good as the other one, but still very fun.

8. Metroid Fusion. It gets marks off for being a Gameboy game (ugh!), but it still has a great story and is my favorite of its kind.

9. Age of Mythology. Certainly not as fun as Warcraft or Starcraft, but it gets good marks for having a great storyline and appealing to my interests.

10. Lord of the Rings: The third age. Not the best RPG (if you can call it that), but exciting enough and fun enough to get on my list.

Level 6
Okay.
#1:Warcraft 3(it's all I really play)
#2:Tales of symphonia
#3:Dawn of war, Dark crusade
#4:Age of empires 3 (all expansions)
#5:Fable 2
#6:Star wars, republic commando (because jedi arn't the only good soldiers)
#7:Company of heros
#8:2 worlds
#9:Space empires 5 (you'll never see this, but games last for months. I still havn't finished a whole game. And i've had this for 2 years.
#10:midtown madness 3 (because road rage on this keeps me from selling my old x-box)

10) World of Warcraft: Yes, it here, what’re you going to do about?
9) Portal 2: Ok, you can’t tell me the endless portal loop isn’t the craziest thing ever.
8) ) Left4dead: Mowing down hordes of zombies with 3 people you’ve never met? Priceless.
7) Tony Hawk Pro Skater Series: Who doesn’t like doing a 540 sacktap 75 feet in the air?
6) Warcaft Series: Of course this is on the list. FOR THE HORDE!
5) Halo Series: Those damn plasma grenades get me every time.
4) Starcraft: Zerg rushing, always fun, always deadly.
3) Super smash bros Series: Always has been good. Always will be good.
2) Timesplitters Series: Monkeys, zombies, robots, giant guns. What else can you ask for?
1) Super Mario 64: Best game of all time, hands down. Fuck you, there is no argument.

Level 18
You have neither Fallout 1, 2 or Earthbound in that list.

Therefore, you fail.

You also fail because this has been done many times before in the gaming section.

Shit I knew I forgot something. I would definetly put Fallout 1, not 2 somewhere there. Earthbound not. Bah I knew this was done many times before but I did it anyway.

Level 21
1.Warcraft 3
2.LotR Battle for Middle Earth,Rise of the Witch-King - Big name
3.Half Life
4.Halo
5.Call of duty 1 and 2 - 4 is just better counter strike
6.Overlord
7.Starcraft
8.Age of Empire - Rise of the Rome
9.Republic Commando
10.K.O.T.O.R 2 -The Sith Lords.
and Mario of course XD

Level 7
1. Neverwinter Nights - I'm tired to explain. Heh.
2. Warcraft 3 - Polluted by Dotards and Narotus. Bah.
3. Phantom Brave - Tactics + cuteness = pwnage.
4. Dawn of War - CHARGE SISTERS! IN THE EMPEROR'S NAME!
5. Fallout Tactics - Still da oldskool goodness.
6. Final Fantasy 8 - Cloud? No.
7. Star Wars Jedi Knight 2 : Jedi Outcast - Mon Mothma are good kills. Hmm.
8. Icewind Dalle II : Too bad everything's fixed, but they are still great XP
9. Diablo II : I still hope that I could complete uniques collection...
10. Fate/Stay Night : Why? Because Saber's there.

Level 37
Here are some games I like to play over and over again:
#1. Final Fantasies(I mostly like 7, 8, 9, 10, 12)
#2. Warcraft III
#3. The Legend Of Dragoon
#4. Heroes of Might and Magic (I mostly like 3, 5)
#5. Breath OF Fires (I mostly like 3, 4 and 5)
#6. Age Of Empires 2
#7. Sim City 3000
#8. Red Alert(Playstation 1)
#9. Diablo 2
#10. Oblivion

Level 25
1. The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion - for me its the best RPG ever...
2. Call of Duty 2 - best multiplayer game ever...
3. Gothic 3 - is also one of the best RPGs...
4. C&C Red Alert 2 - the RTS game with the best gameplay...
5. Stronghold and Stronghold Crusader - great game...
6. Age of Empires 2 Age of Kings - the good old strategy game :>
7. Anno 1701 - what to say? :)
8. Civilization III and IV - i don't like turn based games but Civ is something special
9. Caesar III - can't describe :>
10. Dota :smile:

Level 35
Well this is a tough one, my favorite games changes according to the new games.

Well I suppose it would go like this:

Ranking for usefullness and range:

1 - Warcraft III Frozen Throne without any doubt

2 - Oblivion its just so freaking long

3 - GTA III San Andreas or GTA IV. Freaking hell thats some good game.

4 - Fallout 3 It is really worth taking its time with this

5 - Counter Strike Source well you can't really never end this

6 - Age of Empire 2 series, building games you never really stop playing

7 - Neverwinther Nights 2 As long as there keep coming expansion packs.

8 - Spore If they change the damn thing about space, all though it keeps going.

9 - Tekken 3 Still a perfect game to play

10 - Half Life 2 This game can surely be replayed and it is so great.

11 - Red Alert 1 or Baldurs Gate is fighting over this space, but Red Alert 1 wins. (and yes I know that was 11, but had to mention it)

Now then I could easily post another ranking which would be highly differnt, but I suppose when you play so many games your bound to have many favorites. Lets do the 100 game list after. I still miss to add Evil Genius, Diablo II, Starcraft, Just Cause, Portal, Team Fortress, Garry's Mod, Audio Surf, Call of Duty - Modern Warfare, Fear, Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour, Supreme Commander, Half Life 1, Overlord, Rogue Tropper (great game), Stubbs The Zombie (so much fun), Thief - Deadly Shadows, Two Worlds (better then its reputation), Gothic 3 (a bit to bugged for my liking, but else great), Fallout 1-2 and so many others.

Level 35
@ RedBaron 100 is a lot, I know you can't mention all the games in just 10. Maybe 20 then.
I see you like mostly the new games. I don't like 90% of the sequels. For instance Fallout > Fallout 3, Red Alert > red Alert II, atleast in my opinion

Uh :con:

You have noticed that most of the games on that list is old... some even very very old right?

Although it seems like I messed up with Red Alert, I meant the first one :hohum:

Level 2
1. Gears of War 2- Best game play and great story, also the best sequel to a game
2. Left 4 Dead- The best multilayer game (x-box) iv'e ever played and its different each play through
3. Gears of War 1- Best game play
4. Halo 3- Great story and great multilayer
5. World of Warcraft- Best mmorpg ever! and you can do what ever you want
6. Warcraft (all of em)- they revolutionized the rts franchise
7. Starcraft- good story and isnt hard to play (i still play it)
8. Fallout 3- its a shooter as an rpg, thats awesome
9. Madden 09- its pretty realistic
10. Spore- really easy to play (except 4 space age) and its like evolution (u start out as a cell and evolve from there)

Level 6
This thread makes me feel old

Command & Conquer Red Alert - Epic fun

Age of Empires II + Expansion - I've never found standard skirmishes of a game so much fun, and the campaign was pretty good. The only thing that was bad was the very limited World Editor

EV Nova - Background story and the sense you could become something important in a space world made this game one of the greats.

Warcraft III - 3 years and I'm still playing

Halo Combat Evolved - Campaign was excellent, and although it wasn't exactly high-definition with graphics, that didn't stop it looking beautiful in places.

Unicycle - The first ever computer game I played, and it was by a somewhat amateur programmer. Never will this game escape my mind

Glider PRO - Fun and highly customizable.

I'll keep this list at 7, because I can't think of 3 other games in the same league. IMO games aren't what they once were. :/

Level 3
1. Warcraft III - For world editor is the greatest thing ever in games to me
2. Netstorm - Very old, I miss it, most people won't know it.
3. Lords of Magic - Awesome game as well. Old as well.
4. Starcraft - Same.
I'm hardly impressed with perfect 3D graphics.
Not another is good enough to be reminded here...

Level 15
I don't really do any gaming anymore, so a lot of my games are old.

1) Earthbound - One of the first RPG's by Nintendo. Also, it's so rare now that it costs a shit load even at GameStop or GameCrazy. Not to mention one of the first games I ever played.

2) Ocarina of Time - One of the greatest adventure RPG's of all time by Nintendo. It revolutionized 3D-gaming.

3) Majora's Mask - It was everything Ocarina of Time had and then some (it wasn't as easy, but shorter). The only reason it's not higher is because it didn't yield as much of an impact as Ocarina.

4) Final Fantasy VII and IVX - Both were really good RPG's that took a long time to play. Both had good stories. Both had interactive equipment. And both had good music (Nobuo Eumatsu ftw?). Oh, and they both kicked FFVIII's ass. Stupid Squall!

5) Star Fox 64 - A third person shooter where you fly around in a space ship. Awesome barrel rolls, good graphics for the time, and, well, you get to fly a space ship!

6) Heroes of Might and Magic (te whole series) - Good RTS and still fun to play. (I still haven't beaten it xD)

7) Kid Pix - uh, you draw pictures. Need I say more? I still play this.

8) Link to the Past - Brought the age of Zelda into the world of epic RPG's. Introduced the "World One/World Two" system (Light World/Dark World, Young Link/Old Link, Normal Link/Wolf Link, etc.)

9) Perfect Dark - The orginal FPS.

10) Pokemon Series - The greatest RPG's (although overshadowed because they're Pokemon) of all time.

EDIT: I would've included KotoR, but that defeats any game. Ever.

1.Warcarft III - cuz it rulz
2.Quake 3 e+ mod - the mod is awesome!!!
3.Spore - thought i hate the game play, the creators are quite good.
4.Dead Space - this is the only game that was freaking scary for me. Especially when invisible girls start to sing, while you are in a dark hallway, full of blood and there is a blinking lamp, with many holes in the walls, from were evil zombies come out, when you are least expecting.
5.HL series - dunno why
6.Portal - infinite falling.
7.Civilization II - awesome.
8.Civilization galaxy - making my own ships!!!
9.Heroes III - its fun XD
10.CS - me & my friends play it day&night

My top 3 games i HATE:
1.WoW - its f...... very boring!
2.Barbie games my sis plays XD - yes i like them more then wow.
3.Retarded maps in wc3...

Level 17
1. Soul Calibur IV Can't get enough of it, this is as good as a fighting game gets.
2. Bioshock Just about as psycho it gets, and i love it.
3. Eternal Sonata Best RPG ever IMO
4. Mass Effect Perfect mixuter of RPG and Shooter.
5. Shadow of the Colossus There is few greater experiences than killing 16 giant creatures.
6. The World ends with you A RPG with so many creative systems your head will explode!
7. Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright OBJECTION!
8. Fallout 3 Yet another perfect mixture of RPG and shooter, this time with Comedy!
9. Warcraft 3 I don't play it as much as i used to, but it never gets boring ;)
10. Prince of Persia The first game was truly epic. Then the series was buthered :(

I like playing retro games, but i still enjoy new ones more.

Last edited:
Level 3
For me NetStorm is the best game ever, the concepts are something unique.
Of course after Warcraft III.

Level 26
1. Deus Ex
2. Portal
3. Persona 3
4. Deus Ex
5. Most of the Visual Novels I've ever played.
6. Starcraft
7. Warcraft III (That's right bitch, you're below Starcraft.)
8. Deus Ex
9. Knights of the Old Republic
10. Majora's Mask

Level 12
first off, just wondering terradont, have you played Soul Calibur 2? becouse you are the first one ive seen to prefer SC4 infront of SC2 :D

anyhow, i guess im bound to do this aswell, but this will be a Wall O'Text

NOT IN ORDER:
Super Smash Brothers Brawl:
Many and many argue about it being so much slower and worse than Melee and even 64, but i see this one as the supreme becouse of 1 thing : No damn fill-ins like Pichu and Roy, oh, and that it actually requires some thinking(some more thinking that is) than the precedors(dunt knuw huw tu spell dat).

Team Fortress 2:
Just. Simply. Awesome. I've spent countless hours just killing and killing and killing and never getting enough of it. I just love the variation. Yes, I have to admit, i stopped playing it for a while becouse it got repetative, but then when the archievements that allowed you to unlock new weapons came, I re-fell inlove with it. It has set my bar high for Class based FPSs and is my favorite Multiplayer FPS right now.

Half-Life 2:
I was first sceptic about playing it before I had played it becouse so many people said it was so ridiculusly great. I thought they were just overreacting, but then when I got my hands on it, I realised what they had been talking about. The engine made the game almost perfect along with a good storyline. It also had innovative weapons like the Gravity Gun and the turrets that are actually the enemy´s. And when I got to the part where you first got the Bugbait, I gave the game a 10/10 score in my head.

Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning:
This game, in my oppinion, took most of the things good and bad about WoW, remade it(both for the better and for the worse), and combined it with DAoC to form a MMORPG of my style. It does not take forever to max out, while being a quite long and big game. PQs are just great and working with Knockback has been extremely hilarating(yes, i made up a new word there).

Soul Calibur 2:
This really is my pinnacle of "Fighting Games where you play 1v1 and the contestants are at two different sides of the screen while the game is 3 dimensional". Have spent countless hours with friends just playing Team Battle Mode until my thumbs bled(not literrarly(yes, another word I cant spell)). It's fast enough to see whats going on, and mind-tricky enough to the inexperienced to get a hang of most things.

Warcraft 3:
The Editor should be a role model for all future strategy games if they are going to make an editor. There are some limits, but for many, the limits are not even close to be seen. This game even gave birth to an e-Sport, only becouse of its great editor(yeah yeah, I know, many see the game as an abonimation, but still). This game was also the first game for me to introduce the whole "Hero" or "Experience" concept in its melee form, which made a big impact on how I see the game today.

Starcraft:
Another RTS, yes, but this one is here for a reason. With its almost flawless lore and almost perfect balanced gameplay, this game will always have a place in my heart. Remembering my father playing and being totally devastating at it, I have always tried to reach the goal of becoming as great as him. Another reason for this game to be here on my list is becouse this game spawned the whole "zerg" concept, which to me means "just rush the damn place, mindlessly".

Worms Armageddon:
This game just never grows old. Playing it with friends is just great, and I just love the game in general. The only thing that I dislike is the overcomplex singleplayer maps. Its good that they are overcomplex sometimes, but I just don't like it. I like it when I have to think alot, but not when I have to do things almost after a formula to complete a certain map.
Luckily enough, this is meant to be a Multiplayer game, and at that it wins many, many internets for me.

Diablo 2:
One of the best RPGs I've ever played mainly becouse of its replayability. Its long, replayable, and great to play with friends. Too bad it was only updated for a while, and that the bosses stayed to same in Nightmare and Hell(and by that I mean, they just got stronger, not smarter and gained more skills). This game was balanced, but could be more balanced. Some things in the lategame made it imbalanced mainly becouse there was no way to Respec. First time you played it, and went for the Sorceress, and decided to main 1 of the 3 elements, you realised that the lategame wasnt that great. Only being able to kill about half of the enemies in a good rate was not that funny. And Thorns Paladins were just not funny to face with my Barbarian :S. With a Respecability, this game would have been a 10/10.

Last but not least, Guitar Hero 3 : Legends of Rock:
This game is just awesome. I've tried World Tour, and liked it so far(tried it for about half an hour or so, cant wait to get more), but this game almost forced me to get better once I started to play it. As fast as you archieved something, you instantly realised there was something new that you hadnt archieved(until you finally completed that horrible Through The Fire and Flames on Expert. Oh man I got so happy when I did that :D), and that it was great to play with friends, co-op and versus. To clear things up : 1. No, I have not tried Rockband or Rockband 2 yet. 2. No, I have not tried the latter ones. 3. I played the Wii verison, which means I would have liked this game even more If I had got the 360 or PS3 verison since you could DL new songs on those.

And no damn "get a real guitar n00bcaek". I know its nowhere near the same. Tried a real guitar before Guitar Hero, so im not some mindless freak thinking im great at guitar now.

Honorable mentions:
Heroes of Might and Magic IV and III
Age of Empires 2(it was either this one or Starcraft)
Pokemon Red and Silver(I might have been a kid when I played them, but those games were very good, almost like Final Fantasy except without the storylines and with monsters instead of emopeople :D(kidding kidding, dont worry. Only Squall is emo))
Final Fantasy Series
Super Mario Galaxy
Day of Defeat : Source
Stronghold
Empire Earth II
The Legend of Zelda Series(all of them except the first one, excluding the Game Boy ones, even though Links awakening was great)
Super Mario 64

Level 15
The popularity of Defense of the Ancients has increased over time. The scenario was featured by Computer Gaming World in a review of new maps and mods in Warcraft III,[15] and has been called "the ultimate RTS".[16] Allstars has become an important tournament scenario, starting with its prominence at the debut of Blizzard's BlizzCon convention in 2005.[17] Allstars was also featured in the Malaysia and Singapore World Cyber Games starting in 2005, and the World Cyber Games Asian Championships beginning with the 2006 season.[18] Defense of the Ancients is now included in the game lineup for the internationally recognized Cyberathlete Amateur League and CyberEvolution leagues.[19] Additionally, the scenario appeared in Electronic Sports World Cup (ESWC) 2008;[20][21] Oliver Paradis, ESWC's competition manager, noted that the high level of community support behind the scenario, as well as its worldwide appeal, were among the reasons it was chosen.[22]
The scenario is popular in many parts of the world; in the Philippines and Thailand, it is played as much as the game Counter-Strike.[23][24] It is also popular in Sweden and other Northern European countries, where the Defense of the Ancients-inspired song "Vi sitter i Ventrilo och spelar DotA" by Swedish musician Basshunter reached the European 2006 charts at #116 and cracked the top ten Singles Charts in Sweden, Norway,[25] and Finland.[26] LAN tournaments are a major part of worldwide play,[22] including tournaments in Sweden and Russia; however, due to a lack of LAN tournaments and championships in North America, several teams have since disbanded.[23] Blizzard points to DotA as an example of what dedicated mapmakers can create using developer's tools.[27]
In June 2008, Michael Walbridge, writing for Gamasutra, stated that DotA "is likely the most popular and most-discussed free, non-supported game mod in the world".[3] In pointing to the strong community built around the game, Walbridge stated that DotA shows it is much easier for a community game to be maintained by the community, and this is one of the maps' greatest strengths. Defense of the Ancients has been credited as one of the influences for the upcoming Gas Powered Games title Demigod,[28][29] with the video game publication GameSpy noting the game's premise revolved around aspiring gods "[playing] DotA in real life".[30]

Defense of the Ancients - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's a game. Not only do they have their own tournaments, but DotA is included at world-wide gaming tournaments. Tournaments that only include high-end gaming such as Halo and other fps'.

Level 3
1. Runescape (what, its simple as a saying goes "Less is more"
2. Warcraft (yes the one in DOS, love that old system "STOP POKING ME!"
3. Red alert (ah the good old days, played it when i was seven "2000"
3. Red alert 2 (better graphics, great story)
4. C&C renegade (lol first person shooter)
5. Homeworld 2 ( easy modibility, and of course awesome ships)
6. Homeworld ( can't beat the classics)
7. Homeworld Cataclysm (ah the best exspansion evar!)
8.Mechwarrior 4 Black knight (Can't beat the nostalgia of giant robts killin each other.)
9.Robtech Battlecry! (come on its put into robotech macross, veritechs, i loves it)
10. Warcraft 3 (i play it when i get the chance too.)

Level 2
1 Warcraft 3 - nuff said
2 Diablo 2 - nuff said
3 Starcraft - nuff said
4 i dont know
5 i dont know 2
6 i dont know 2 exp
7 i dont know 3
8 i dont know 4
9 i dont know 5 deluxe
10 i dont know 6 the final sign of i dont know

Level 12
DotA is not a game becouse it does not have one of the following aspects to be a game:
- It has its own engine
- It has been buyable at some point in a store
- It has been reviewed by most major gaming magazines or websites
- It does not require for you to buy a game for it to work

Status
Not open for further replies.