1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Your 10 best games ever list

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by bounty hunter2, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Iron_Well

Iron_Well

Resources:
    Resources:
    1. Gears of War 2- Best game play and great story, also the best sequel to a game
    2. Left 4 Dead- The best multilayer game (x-box) iv'e ever played and its different each play through
    3. Gears of War 1- Best game play
    4. Halo 3- Great story and great multilayer
    5. World of Warcraft- Best mmorpg ever! and you can do what ever you want
    6. Warcraft (all of em)- they revolutionized the rts franchise
    7. Starcraft- good story and isnt hard to play (i still play it)
    8. Fallout 3- its a shooter as an rpg, thats awesome
    9. Madden 09- its pretty realistic
    10. Spore- really easy to play (except 4 space age) and its like evolution (u start out as a cell and evolve from there)

2. busterkomo

busterkomo

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    What's KOTAR 2?

3. VeljkoM

VeljkoM

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I think he means Star Wars Knight of the old Republc 2.But that is KOTOR

4. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Well everyone makes mistakes, although it should be a dead sin to do with computers. Oh I miss the good old DOS computer games like Kaper

5. Emperor_Jackal

Emperor_Jackal

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This thread makes me feel old

Command & Conquer Red Alert - Epic fun

Age of Empires II + Expansion - I've never found standard skirmishes of a game so much fun, and the campaign was pretty good. The only thing that was bad was the very limited World Editor

EV Nova - Background story and the sense you could become something important in a space world made this game one of the greats.

Warcraft III - 3 years and I'm still playing

Halo Combat Evolved - Campaign was excellent, and although it wasn't exactly high-definition with graphics, that didn't stop it looking beautiful in places.

Unicycle - The first ever computer game I played, and it was by a somewhat amateur programmer. Never will this game escape my mind

Glider PRO - Fun and highly customizable.

I'll keep this list at 7, because I can't think of 3 other games in the same league. IMO games aren't what they once were. :/

6. Lestat

Lestat

Resources:
    Resources:
    1. Warcraft III - For world editor is the greatest thing ever in games to me
    2. Netstorm - Very old, I miss it, most people won't know it.
    3. Lords of Magic - Awesome game as well. Old as well.
    4. Starcraft - Same.
    I'm hardly impressed with perfect 3D graphics.
    Not another is good enough to be reminded here...

7. En_Fuego

En_Fuego

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't really do any gaming anymore, so a lot of my games are old.

1) Earthbound - One of the first RPG's by Nintendo. Also, it's so rare now that it costs a shit load even at GameStop or GameCrazy. Not to mention one of the first games I ever played.

2) Ocarina of Time - One of the greatest adventure RPG's of all time by Nintendo. It revolutionized 3D-gaming.

3) Majora's Mask - It was everything Ocarina of Time had and then some (it wasn't as easy, but shorter). The only reason it's not higher is because it didn't yield as much of an impact as Ocarina.

4) Final Fantasy VII and IVX - Both were really good RPG's that took a long time to play. Both had good stories. Both had interactive equipment. And both had good music (Nobuo Eumatsu ftw?). Oh, and they both kicked FFVIII's ass. Stupid Squall!

5) Star Fox 64 - A third person shooter where you fly around in a space ship. Awesome barrel rolls, good graphics for the time, and, well, you get to fly a space ship!

6) Heroes of Might and Magic (te whole series) - Good RTS and still fun to play. (I still haven't beaten it xD)

7) Kid Pix - uh, you draw pictures. Need I say more? I still play this.

8) Link to the Past - Brought the age of Zelda into the world of epic RPG's. Introduced the "World One/World Two" system (Light World/Dark World, Young Link/Old Link, Normal Link/Wolf Link, etc.)

9) Perfect Dark - The orginal FPS.

10) Pokemon Series - The greatest RPG's (although overshadowed because they're Pokemon) of all time.

EDIT: I would've included KotoR, but that defeats any game. Ever.

8. VeljkoM

VeljkoM

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Link to the past was my second game on Nitendo.I had to download it and play it again.

9. Devine

Devine

Resources:
    Resources:
    1. Fifa
    2. WC3
    3. Oblivion
    4. Titan quest
    5. counter strike: condidtion zero
    6. Osega
    7. UT 2003
    8. UT 3
    9. OverLord
    10. Morrowind

10. Dark Hunter1357

Dark Hunter1357

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    1.Warcarft III - cuz it rulz
    2.Quake 3 e+ mod - the mod is awesome!!!
    3.Spore - thought i hate the game play, the creators are quite good.
    4.Dead Space - this is the only game that was freaking scary for me. Especially when invisible girls start to sing, while you are in a dark hallway, full of blood and there is a blinking lamp, with many holes in the walls, from were evil zombies come out, when you are least expecting.
    5.HL series - dunno why
    6.Portal - infinite falling.
    7.Civilization II - awesome.
    8.Civilization galaxy - making my own ships!!!
    9.Heroes III - its fun XD
    10.CS - me & my friends play it day&night

My top 3 games i HATE:
    1.WoW - its f...... very boring!
    2.Barbie games my sis plays XD - yes i like them more then wow.
    3.Retarded maps in wc3...

11. VeljkoM

VeljkoM

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Just a question.Can I create "I hate WoW" group.

12. Dark Hunter1357

Dark Hunter1357

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ah no, the first place for most hated game goes to..... DOTA!!! then its wow and the rest.

13. VeljkoM

VeljkoM

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Dota isn't game.It is just a map.

14. Dark Hunter1357

Dark Hunter1357

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Each unique map is a game.

15. VeljkoM

VeljkoM

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Then Dota isn't game.There is like 100 of maps like that.
    And somehow I can't understand your logic.

16. terradont

terradont

Resources:
    Icons:
    Template:
    Resources:
    1. Soul Calibur IV Can't get enough of it, this is as good as a fighting game gets.
    2. Bioshock Just about as psycho it gets, and i love it.
    3. Eternal Sonata Best RPG ever IMO
    4. Mass Effect Perfect mixuter of RPG and Shooter.
    5. Shadow of the Colossus There is few greater experiences than killing 16 giant creatures.
    6. The World ends with you A RPG with so many creative systems your head will explode!
    7. Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright OBJECTION!
    8. Fallout 3 Yet another perfect mixture of RPG and shooter, this time with Comedy!
    9. Warcraft 3 I don't play it as much as i used to, but it never gets boring ;)
    10. Prince of Persia The first game was truly epic. Then the series was buthered :(

I like playing retro games, but i still enjoy new ones more.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  17. bounty hunter2

bounty hunter2

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    5. Shadow of the Colossuss There is few greater experiences than killing 16 giant creatures.

Man this one rockes. It truly is epic.

18. Lestat

Lestat

Resources:
    Resources:
    For me NetStorm is the best game ever, the concepts are something unique.
    Of course after Warcraft III.

19. MySpaceBarBroke

MySpaceBarBroke

Resources:
    Resources:
    1. Deus Ex
    2. Portal
    3. Persona 3
    4. Deus Ex
    5. Most of the Visual Novels I've ever played.
    6. Starcraft
    7. Warcraft III (That's right bitch, you're below Starcraft.)
    8. Deus Ex
    9. Knights of the Old Republic
    10. Majora's Mask

20. Razorbrain

Razorbrain

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    first off, just wondering terradont, have you played Soul Calibur 2? becouse you are the first one ive seen to prefer SC4 infront of SC2 :D

anyhow, i guess im bound to do this aswell, but this will be a Wall O'Text

NOT IN ORDER:
    Super Smash Brothers Brawl:
    Many and many argue about it being so much slower and worse than Melee and even 64, but i see this one as the supreme becouse of 1 thing : No damn fill-ins like Pichu and Roy, oh, and that it actually requires some thinking(some more thinking that is) than the precedors(dunt knuw huw tu spell dat).

Team Fortress 2:
    Just. Simply. Awesome. I've spent countless hours just killing and killing and killing and never getting enough of it. I just love the variation. Yes, I have to admit, i stopped playing it for a while becouse it got repetative, but then when the archievements that allowed you to unlock new weapons came, I re-fell inlove with it. It has set my bar high for Class based FPSs and is my favorite Multiplayer FPS right now.

Half-Life 2:
    I was first sceptic about playing it before I had played it becouse so many people said it was so ridiculusly great. I thought they were just overreacting, but then when I got my hands on it, I realised what they had been talking about. The engine made the game almost perfect along with a good storyline. It also had innovative weapons like the Gravity Gun and the turrets that are actually the enemy´s. And when I got to the part where you first got the Bugbait, I gave the game a 10/10 score in my head.

Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning:
    This game, in my oppinion, took most of the things good and bad about WoW, remade it(both for the better and for the worse), and combined it with DAoC to form a MMORPG of my style. It does not take forever to max out, while being a quite long and big game. PQs are just great and working with Knockback has been extremely hilarating(yes, i made up a new word there).

Soul Calibur 2:
    This really is my pinnacle of "Fighting Games where you play 1v1 and the contestants are at two different sides of the screen while the game is 3 dimensional". Have spent countless hours with friends just playing Team Battle Mode until my thumbs bled(not literrarly(yes, another word I cant spell)). It's fast enough to see whats going on, and mind-tricky enough to the inexperienced to get a hang of most things.

Warcraft 3:
    The Editor should be a role model for all future strategy games if they are going to make an editor. There are some limits, but for many, the limits are not even close to be seen. This game even gave birth to an e-Sport, only becouse of its great editor(yeah yeah, I know, many see the game as an abonimation, but still). This game was also the first game for me to introduce the whole "Hero" or "Experience" concept in its melee form, which made a big impact on how I see the game today.

Starcraft:
    Another RTS, yes, but this one is here for a reason. With its almost flawless lore and almost perfect balanced gameplay, this game will always have a place in my heart. Remembering my father playing and being totally devastating at it, I have always tried to reach the goal of becoming as great as him. Another reason for this game to be here on my list is becouse this game spawned the whole "zerg" concept, which to me means "just rush the damn place, mindlessly".

Worms Armageddon:
    This game just never grows old. Playing it with friends is just great, and I just love the game in general. The only thing that I dislike is the overcomplex singleplayer maps. Its good that they are overcomplex sometimes, but I just don't like it. I like it when I have to think alot, but not when I have to do things almost after a formula to complete a certain map.
    Luckily enough, this is meant to be a Multiplayer game, and at that it wins many, many internets for me.

Diablo 2:
    One of the best RPGs I've ever played mainly becouse of its replayability. Its long, replayable, and great to play with friends. Too bad it was only updated for a while, and that the bosses stayed to same in Nightmare and Hell(and by that I mean, they just got stronger, not smarter and gained more skills). This game was balanced, but could be more balanced. Some things in the lategame made it imbalanced mainly becouse there was no way to Respec. First time you played it, and went for the Sorceress, and decided to main 1 of the 3 elements, you realised that the lategame wasnt that great. Only being able to kill about half of the enemies in a good rate was not that funny. And Thorns Paladins were just not funny to face with my Barbarian :S. With a Respecability, this game would have been a 10/10.

Last but not least, Guitar Hero 3 : Legends of Rock:
    This game is just awesome. I've tried World Tour, and liked it so far(tried it for about half an hour or so, cant wait to get more), but this game almost forced me to get better once I started to play it. As fast as you archieved something, you instantly realised there was something new that you hadnt archieved(until you finally completed that horrible Through The Fire and Flames on Expert. Oh man I got so happy when I did that :D), and that it was great to play with friends, co-op and versus. To clear things up : 1. No, I have not tried Rockband or Rockband 2 yet. 2. No, I have not tried the latter ones. 3. I played the Wii verison, which means I would have liked this game even more If I had got the 360 or PS3 verison since you could DL new songs on those.

And no damn "get a real guitar n00bcaek". I know its nowhere near the same. Tried a real guitar before Guitar Hero, so im not some mindless freak thinking im great at guitar now.

Honorable mentions:
    Heroes of Might and Magic IV and III
    Age of Empires 2(it was either this one or Starcraft)
    Pokemon Red and Silver(I might have been a kid when I played them, but those games were very good, almost like Final Fantasy except without the storylines and with monsters instead of emopeople :D(kidding kidding, dont worry. Only Squall is emo))
    Final Fantasy Series
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Day of Defeat : Source
    Stronghold
    Empire Earth II
    The Legend of Zelda Series(all of them except the first one, excluding the Game Boy ones, even though Links awakening was great)
    Super Mario 64