• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I miss the good old days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
I can't help but miss the good old days when WC3 was active and I would log on every day knowing there was something new and exciting that awaited. WC4 can't come fast enough. I hope that we will all become as involved and active as we were years ago when that day does come. I know that many of you still mod, but to be honest WC3 is in its dying days. Here's to the future, when we have a new language to learn and a new game to conquer. Cheers!

I can't wait to be back with you guys.

-NiTe

@GhostThruster
A. You refer to DotA 2 and WoW right?
B.Warcraft 3 must be played not for the DotA only, because many people knows DotA but don't know Warcraft 3 [Its a fact]

@All People who Read this post
But as long as a big community like Hive that support Warcraft 3 stand, Warcraft 3 will never die.

Who cares whether people play a game. If the platform offers great ways for people to mod it, it will be popular for as long as people are just doing that.
Warcraft 3 is still very comfortable to mod.
I enjoy creating stuff for it, despite not playing it myself anymore or the "dying" (such an absurd term) community.

Stop lamenting over something that doesn't matter, start enjoying what you still got and what is to come.

Cheshire Cat said:
Different denotes neither bad nor good, but it certainly means 'not the same'.

Level 18
To be fair, I was absolutely hammered when I wrote this last night. I know you guys are still tightly knit here and the intention was not to offend anyone. That being said, there's a huge part of the fun missing when you can't log into b.net anymore and have a plethora of great (and many not so great!) mods being hosted and packed to the brim. This was just a post dripping with nostalgia of the glory days.

To be fair, I was absolutely hammered when I wrote this last night.
Alcohol tells the truth, they say.
Cheers!
Cocktail_startpng.png

Level 27
Although you were not really sober i do believe that until this day nothing has really replaced warcraft 3 for me, it was just a unique experience to play all these wonky ass maps and ideas people had come up with. Sometimes they were halfbaked are sometimes they were really slick but there were so many things to do, being able to mod things just makes a game so much better. If a developer were to somehow support modding in the sense that they would make assests and tools for people to buy instead of this stupid dlc shit you might actually get a good bussiness model that works on both sides.

Level 18
Not only is warcraft 3 dying but so is the hive,i guess the reason for that is because the editor is way more complicated then the warcraft one. Notice how there are only 45 starcraft resources on the site.

Level 14
Yup yup, well the game is so old now it hard to get new people into it, so the old community is dying and no one is there to replace it. Tf2 had a similar problem with the game getting older as well so they ended up making it a free to play in order to collect new players and now they make money mostly out of there dlc store. I think if blizzard would do something similar with wc3 it would pump new blood into the game, now as for profit I'd probably say specialty icons, or making ladder access a one time fee for new players. I'm just saying people love free things...

Level 18
Tf2 had a similar problem with the game getting older as well so they ended up making it a free to play in order to collect new players and now they make money mostly out of there dlc store. I think if blizzard would do something similar with wc3 it would pump new blood into the game,

That's is genuinely a fantastic and novel idea. It's too bad someone inside Blizzard isn't thinking like you.

I want to play old maps again...

I hear ya man. Unless you've got a decent group of friends, it's nearly impossible to pack a house anymore.

Level 18
Yup yup, well the game is so old now it hard to get new people into it, so the old community is dying and no one is there to replace it. Tf2 had a similar problem with the game getting older as well so they ended up making it a free to play in order to collect new players and now they make money mostly out of there dlc store. I think if blizzard would do something similar with wc3 it would pump new blood into the game, now as for profit I'd probably say specialty icons, or making ladder access a one time fee for new players. I'm just saying people love free things...

You know its impossible, right? WoW is still pay to play after almost 10 years.

Level 1
We can go to b.net or Garena and play again some old school games just to remember the good old times. I would come. I could even host this event. No problem for me.

Now that's called die hard fanboy, i also liked wc3 for 7 years but MOVED ON, this site, how can it still not move on i dont get it!!!!

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Hey 1)ark_NiTe,
It's been a while :). I do miss the good old days too. I am not expecting WC4 to be better than SC2. I mean, SC2 clearly shows the direction Blizzard wants to go in, doesn't it? I don't think it's because of the whole space world that modding in SC2 has not exploded, so just because they adapt it to the WC world I don't see it would change much.

Level 21
Wonder why, but for some reason this thread keeps showing in my UserCP, even though nobody have posted in it since I viewed it last. So I am making this post in the hope that it stops showing :smile: (And no, I don't want to unsubscribe it :xxd:)

Edit: That fixed it.

It happens when the last post is deleted or invisible(new user).

Edit #1:
With SC2 maybe I still won't have the fun and excitement I had with War3, the good old days are indeed good days but I moved on!!! Good or not as good, SC2 is the new truth, war3 is now in the past. Some here have a hard time moving on to something newer...

And since HotS, melee is way more exciting than WoL, some that criticized it for not being as dynamic as BW said they saw similar types of games with hots. Some things like not being able to place more than 2 level cliffs and 1 lower level cliff and some other things regarding terrainining that were better in war3 but still with everything else better than war3.

Which is why this place should've started focusing on newer modding games whether Blizzard's or not. Just move on. Shrink the war3 community, focus on newer.

But no! Die hards have to think of unrealistic things only to keep a game that should be left already.

So you're pretty much telling everyone to stop playing a game they like and move on to something they don't? Thanks...
If people don't want SC2, then they have their reasons. Noone is as high up as you seem to think you are, so noone has the right to say that everyone else is doing it all wrong.

Edit #2:
No, it's the site that should move on to something newer, anything newer, not necessarily by Blizzard. Or it will be stuck in the past and suck.

The site is defined by what the people here want. It's not one godly entity that can just do whatever it wants. If it did, people would just leave.
If people move, then they do. If no, they don't. Can't force them in any case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 1
With SC2 maybe I still won't have the fun and excitement I had with War3, the good old days are indeed good days but I moved on!!! Good or not as good, SC2 is the new truth, war3 is now in the past. Some here have a hard time moving on to something newer...

And since HotS, melee is way more exciting than WoL, some that criticized it for not being as dynamic as BW said they saw similar types of games with hots. Some things like not being able to place more than 2 level cliffs and 1 lower level cliff and some other things regarding terrainining that were better in war3 but still with everything else better than war3.

Which is why this place should've started focusing on newer modding games whether Blizzard's or not. Just move on. Shrink the war3 community, focus on newer.

But no! Die hards have to think of unrealistic things only to keep a game that should be left already.

Level 1
No, it's the site that should move on to something newer, anything newer, not necessarily by Blizzard. Or it will be stuck in the past and suck.

Level 35
Are you arguing with a user I can't see or are you triple posting?

At any rate, good old days are fond memories and a major part of why I stay at Hive after all these years, they have for all intend and purpose formed my life to where it is now and will likely be an influence forever. However things as they were will never return - users will and others to - but time cannot go back and sadly as our game grows older, so do we. :sad:

Level 21
Are you arguing with a user I can't see or are you triple posting?

At any rate, good old days are fond memories and a major part of why I stay at Hive after all these years, they have for all intend and purpose formed my life to where it is now and will likely be an influence forever. However things as they were will never return - users will and others to - but time cannot go back and sadly as our game grows older, so do we. :sad:

Was arguing to a user that wasn't yet banned and deleted at that point.

I have fond memories with this game and will quite likely have more. Warcraft3 is not dead as long as noone releases an accessable game with a good editor. SC2 has a good editor, but it ain't really accessable yet. Too much bullshit to be cleared before I can move over.

Status
Not open for further replies.