• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Guys do you miss high school, and frends from it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In last time I am so pessimistic, but nobody cares so I will come back to topic :).

This is mostly question for guys from 18+ years, do you miss old days in school, 'cuz I am forth year and soon I will split with most of them, honestly school was always boring to me, but now I feel like I will miss everything, frends teachers (and funny and boring), and all things that come with that, so can you sshare your thinking?
I really wish we wont split, we will laugh and cry together forever, but life is so fast, I know I will probably stay in touch with 2-3 of them, and that is all.

Please tell the true.

Level 30
Yep highschool is the best, but since we got social networking sites pumping in, just chat and ask some hangout with your friends there, more importantly ask any contacts to those people in your school you want to be with like the teachers or the school bully. I like bullies by the way.

Level 16
I am 19 years old, so a lot of my stories are from school. I could say I miss the teachers and I miss my friends from school. But to be honest, I don't. Some teachers were nice, but they were just teachers. Friends are great, but theres nothing stopping me from seeing them now.

The real thing I miss about being at school was my younger self. I was younger and more immature back then. Being smaller, I was more overwhelmed by smaller things. The thing I cannot get back is my immaturity, inexperience and less responsibility.

When I talk to my mates about school, its normally about rebellion and doing stupid things. These things happened because it was socially acceptable to do these things as children and as children, our perception of these things is higher.

I do not miss school. If anything, I miss my childhood.

Level 18
Fuck no. I hated everything related to that place. Classmates? More like cellmates, beeing with my friends there fealt like I was in a street gang, teachers were all pricks and even with this shitty summer job, i dont miss that place. At all.

Roland

R

Roland

I don't miss anyone on that hellish Atherton school.
I always hated them since the first day on Pre school.

Level 6
i miss highschool because it was the first time to learned so many things..

When i was on first year that was my first time to open a computer by myself. Press the letters on the keyboard. My first time to use the mouse. That was the first time also that when i open Warcraft III and the screen goes black I FREAK OUT.

My first time to have a gf, first time to be FIRST HONOR in the class. First time to have my own laptop. Every first time in my highschool i will really miss.

My classmates are just still on our place and we even meet on the internet cafe.
The teachers i don't really miss them nor the lessons.

Level 5
yep the only thing you will miss is the younger you
you can play with your world editor or play dota with your friends and talk about small funny little things with them
then you need to grow up and think about bigger matter like marriage, job, study at college, and it will eat a lot of your time that you won't be able to think about all funny little things

Level 13
yep the only thing you will miss is the younger you
you can play with your world editor or play dota with your friends and talk about small funny little things with them
then you need to grow up and think about bigger matter like marriage, job, study at college, and it will eat a lot of your time that you won't be able to think about all funny little things
right, because we won't be a kid forever.. we'll also think about our life in the future, we'll need money that's why we have to work, to get a job we must have knowledge that's why we have to study, etc
when you're become an adult you can't avoid this things and you will miss the younger you, you remember when you play warcraft, when you go somewhere with your friends, when you have fun... i wonder if there is someone who never want to become an adult :\
that's me :grin:
but i can't avoid it, when the time has come i will become an adult

Rui

Rui

Level 41
If I miss high school? Yes, I do. A damn LOT!

I knew practically every teacher, both from my areas of sciences and so, but also teachers who lectured history, philosophy, economy and such. I've got to give it to some of the teachers not for being good at their job—as a few of the ones I'm thinking of didn't even teach me officially for me to judge—but for being people above the average in culture and personality.

As for the rest of the people there, namely non-docent people but especially colleagues, it could have been FAR better. I give some of them the benefit of the doubt due to their age, but others were older and still mentally retarded.

Still, there were nice people there, in every year I knew people from the 7th grade to the 12th (last one in our education system here). You're right; as I grew older and looked at the youngest I felt my childhood had went away. That beauty is what I miss the most: the simplicity of things, the potentialities we see in and ahead of us... Now in uni I see all the hope gone. Ever since 9th grade I've been a pessimist, but, of course, it doesn't get better as life goes on, especially when one is basically thrown to the university where it's everyone for oneself, 3 hours of public transports a day... In compensation, my uni colleagues are way better friends—and people overall—than those at high school, at least.

Last edited:
Yes Rui I think that will happen and to me, so that why I am planning to have great memories from last year, it is good that I have started thinking about that before it is too late.

It is much better than my frend who played LoL 10 hours a day. So really one day I wont talk my son how I was in gold division than about something much better, if you know what I mean (nothing vulgar xD).

Yes Rui I think that will happen and to me, so that why I am planning to have great memories from last year, it is good that I have started thinking about that before it is too late.

It is much better than my frend who played LoL 10 hours a day. So really one day I wont talk my son how I was in gold division than about something much better, if you know what I mean (nothing vulgar xD).

Word, bro.
Experiences over possessions and fake internet bullcrap.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
To elaborate on the teachers, I'm speaking of persons who witnessed the 25th of April and were part of it, who know people who did things and made decisions.

Out of the top of my head, I'm thinking of three men they brought to the school for a conference once, one of them was for the revolution, but was commanding a frigate for the dictatorial regime at the time the armed forces broke out. When people began assembling at the docks, he was ordered to fire upon them. He refused, then a gun was held to his head for him to obey. He still didn't and ended up taken into custody.

He had to make a decision that could alter the April 25 of 1974 as we know it: a revolution where no blood was shed.

This conference was in 2012. This year, they brought in 2 female people who were university students at the time. Gotta love the ones they make about this day.

Last edited:
@Rui
I needed some time, but now I understand you.
@Frankster
Is swearing always needed in every single post of yours, and I have to say, sorry but I don't understand you.

Maybe you could also answer first question and then focus on other posts.

I am not swearing. If you think bullcrap is swearing then you should grow a tougher skin. Seriously. You are pulling something personal on it. Stop that. It's not cool.

But yeah I meant that what you experienced in school or the 'real world', outside the computer that is, is much more valuable that playing repetitive grindy games for what? Being better than someone else? Nope.

But on topic, I do miss the time back in 'highschool', because of the social connections you could make and the punctuality of everything. Also, I loved the feeling in earlier years when classes were cancelled.

I miss that too (about cancelling classes), two years ago we would have at least one class cancelled per day, today, huh, even if we lose some, we will have to stay longer in school some other day.

If you are still in school you really should embrace every day you are there.
You never know, whether the next day would be worse or better.

Level 35
I don't miss it since I still hang out with my best friends from high school, even though I just finished university. We still pretty much do the same shit we did in high school every time we meet, the only change is that it looks awkward coming from a guy of my age. I don't miss the classes, although I'd have fun trolling history class with the knowledge I have of it now.

I loved high school. Everyone knew me, or atleast knew about me. I had my groups of friends, and thanks to how quickly rumors spread, especially about guys like me, who stand out in the crowd, I never had to deal with assholes trying to pick fights with me.

Think about it, the ONE guy in the school with long hair, black leather, and shades on, usually spending his lunch hour talking to the constable? Rumors spread FAST, and my years in high school were peaceful because of it.

I really miss high school, it felt good to be somebody.

Level 22
I loved high school. Everyone knew me, or atleast knew about me. I had my groups of friends, and thanks to how quickly rumors spread, especially about guys like me, who stand out in the crowd, I never had to deal with assholes trying to pick fights with me.

Think about it, the ONE guy in the school with long hair, black leather, and shades on, usually spending his lunch hour talking to the constable? Rumors spread FAST, and my years in high school were peaceful because of it.

I really miss high school, it felt good to be somebody.

Yeah, I was known around the school by most students for my achievements, and now that I'm starting college I'll have to do it all over, aww.
Definitely, high school, best time in my life.

Cokemonkey11

Spell Reviewer
Level 30
Not really. After I graduated high school I moved to Scotland to attend university. I miss some of my long-standing friendships but as far as school acquaintances go, I feel that I've met more, more intelligent, and more mature friends here. It also helps that I can always look forward to seeing my girlfriend a few times per month as well.

Yeah, I was known around the school by most students for my achievements, and now that I'm starting college I'll have to do it all over, aww.
Definitely, high school, best time in my life.

It wasn't really my achievements that got everyones attention. Everyone else there would've had a fit if they didn't get to drive their dads porsche to school, or didn't get their weekly $200 allowance or some such. Bunch'a preps.

I don't think they EVER saw someone like me. Ontop of that, a few of my junior high classmates showed up there, too. Funnily enough, they were some of the few I frequently picked fights with, to get back at them for all the bullying.

Thanks to that, everyone knew the 'violent psychopath', and stayed out of my way, which was actually very new to me. Add to that I frequently went to see the constable, it led to things being very peaceful for me. The funny thing was, the constable was a fiction buff, and I happen to be a writer; we usually just talked about my novel series, or some of his favorites.

Level 14
Well I don't think so at all. Why would being a powerless, poor and uneducated person be somehow beautiful. I don't understand the worship of youth going on. 30 seems to be a good age, at least in theory, you're not a kid anymore, but not too old either.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I disagree. Sixteen is the worst age for males. It's an analogous period to 13 year old girls. From 12 to 14 (inclusive) with special incidence at 13, girls become overly cynical, obsessed with makeup and just crappy persons to hang about overall. A similar process happens on 16 year old boys, but at least they get over it fairly quicker. This is mostly noticeable trends in your classmates.

For me, from 10 to 12 is the perfect age. You have some degree of intelligence and are still a child despite idiotic adults telling you otherwise. In my experience, you never really have any friends like those you had at that age. In spite of certain bad jokes, at that time, friendships actually seem truthful. I, at least, am firmly distrustful of friendships past childhood.

Curiously, I recently watched Stand by Me and whoever wrote the script seems to be of the same opinion. As the narrator finishes the story, he says:
«Although I haven't seen him in more than ten years I know
I'll miss him forever. I never had any friends later on like the ones
I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anybody?»​

Hearing that just about made me shed a tear. Soooo true.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
High school sucks.

It is impossible to make friends because everyone acts like baboons. The males go around howling like they belong in a jungle in PE changing rooms while the females go around concerning their insignificant little minds about if their hair colour is nice or shoes expensive enough.

I do not miss anyone from high school as it was impossible to be friends with anyone. All they ever want is football and fashion, never any computer games.

Suffice it to say I had an infinitely better time at University and here I am sitting with a degree while most of those losers are probably on benefits or working at a supermarket for minimum wage.

Level 35
Well, high school sucks, I do not miss it, but I indeed miss friends from it.
We spent 4 years alongside and in last grade we got enough of each other and almost waited not to see each other anymore.
But after years passed, college, duties, problems, real life shits, especially bad experience with many new people who we met, after all those years we almost cry for each other and our time in high school. But not necessary school as object.
last week, I accidentally saw few girls from my high school, we were happy to see each other, like we haven't seen each other for 10 years, not just few.

Yep 4 have thinked a little and yes this years from 15 to 18 are probably hardest because of all this groving up thigs. But they are last part of "being truely young", so i dont agree at all that they are worst, maybe most complex. I can say that because i am almost 18, and this days i feel that my feelings are much deeper(my god i sound like justin bieber now)

Level 22
I liked my elementary school classmates a lot better than my high school classmates, most of them are still my friends till now. I really didn't like how they would leave me behind when I had problems, but expected me to lend them a hand when they were down. Bitches.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Yes, same thing with me! That's so true.

Except I lost all my friends from elementary school when I moved to a new town, but my best friends in life were definitely the ones I had in elementary school and 5th and 6th grades. I know that at least 2 of them didn't make it to university and they were actually good students back then. Funny, when I had that age, subconsciously, I think I had the expectation that we'd all make it to college and be scientists or some sort of people with esteemed intellectual value... I admit I almost shed tears when I found out they were working on those large mauls (common part-time jobs) and not proceeding with studies. Dreams come tumbling down.

I liked my elementary school classmates a lot better than my high school classmates, most of them are still my friends till now. I really didn't like how they would leave me behind when I had problems, but expected me to lend them a hand when they were down. Bitches.

my friend have that problem too. Just the same. With me it is other way. I elementary school all were idiots, but in high school we are all great group of frends, thats main reason i will miss them

Level 22
Yes, same thing with me! That's so true.

Except I lost all my friends from elementary school when I moved to a new town, but my best friends in life were definitely the ones I had in elementary school and 5th and 6th grades. I know that at least 2 of them didn't make it to university and they were actually good students back then. Funny, when I had that age, subconsciously, I think I had the expectation that we'd all make it to college and be scientists or some sort of people with esteemed intellectual value... I admit I almost shed tears when I found out they were working on those large mauls (common part-time jobs) and not proceeding with studies. Dreams come tumbling down.

Some of my friends didn't make it through college too, but because I shared my dreams with them, and they did too, I like to think that a better future awaits all of us. We never meet quite often nowadays, but whenever we do, it's like going back to the past, acknowledging each other not by our achievements but by the experiences we've shared.

==================================================

I really had a bad time with my high school friends, I did had good times with them too, but if I compared them both, my elementary friends would shine more. Me and my elementary friends would always tell each other how we sucked at this and that, but we appreciated it, because we were rooting for each other, sort of "I'll guard your back!" attitude. On the other hand, my HS friends wouldn't give a damn when someone among us is in deep shit, they'd just turn their back and pretend everything was nice and great, or worse they'd say, "not my problem". What's more frustrating is that they would fucking ask you for help for this and that, then would brag to everyone how they fucking solved it by themselves. None of my childhood (elementary is getting too redundant lol) friends ever did that to me. I'm not saying high school sucks, just relating my experiences.

I guess, when people reach that point in our lives, we naturally become narcissistic and selfish. Maybe because of the culture we are living in or some other psychological or physical factors affecting us. I really can't state the facts, I don't know lol.

I'm old, sorry if the things I mentioned have offended anyone, but that's just me and my life lol. Anyway, enjoy life as if there was no tomorrow and cherish your true friends, that way you won't regret anything when you think back.

Status
Not open for further replies.