• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Teachers Good/Bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Last School Year, I transfered to new school. I was a HS graduating student. when I came to that school I thought that it would be like my previous school, which is boring. until, I met my Teachers. I only had 5 teachers, each with different personalities. The fun part is, the teachers were not teachers. They acted as if they were students. they mingled with us, hung-out with us, even did crazy stuff with us( like escape from school ). and if anyone thought they had the best senior life in HS, check out mine.

Level 8
My father once told me of a teacher he had in high school. The teacher walks into the classroom.

Teacher: "Can anyone tell me what this is?" (He points to a textbook sitting on a desk in front of him.)

None of the students respond.

Teacher: "It's a book, you dumb bastards! As long as you have this... what do you need me for?!"

It was then that my father decided to educate himself rather than rely on teachers. It's been very successful other than the fact that people can only accept that you've learned anything if you have a piece of paper saying you did.

Level 19
I might actually like my geography teacher after all! In Norway the grade scaling is from 1-6. 1 being a fail, and 6 top grade. I am currently having a weak 4 in geography based on all the tests I had this year.

Then, all of a sudden today, my geography teacher told us that for those who wanted, we could take an optional test on three chapters next thursday in order to improve our grades. My first thought was: my weak 4 is never going to improve anyway, so why bother taking it. Then I asked him about it, and he said if I get a 6 on this test, I will get a 5 on my diploma, instead of a 4! And guess what? IT'S MULTIPLE CHOICE GOD DAMN IT!!!

Wish me a boring week, because I am not going to let this awesome opportunity pass. :)

I got a 6 for my test, so this means I get a 5 on my diploma! Yeeaah! :D

Last edited:
Level 27
My middle school history teacher was cool. I may have disliked the subject matter and literally refused to learn it, but he was still cool as a person. That takes skill, I think. Outside of that, I can't really judge teacher quality because I can absorb any explanation anyway.

I'd have gotten good grades if we were graded on competency, hint hint.

Status
Not open for further replies.