• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Never to be Trusted Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Never to be Trusted Again
by Ba1100n_Drag0n

Prologue

Isaac waited on the sidewalk, his chin in palm, and elbow on knee. It's a sunny Friday today. Looking up with his emerald eyes, a glistening golden disc hovered above the cloudless sky. He watched as cars took in children; parents picking up their kids. How sweet. He watched, slowly, one by one, the population of students slowly fade to nothingness. Only him. It's time, he thought. Better get up quickly; or did my body fall asleep on me?

Isaac lifted his body up. He started walking towards the rather primitive school behind him. Not many did go to this school; it was poor, unfortunate, and had bad teachers that didn't know how to spell "cat." Afterall, there was another school within the district that was superbly better. But, despite the inconveniancies, Isaac convinced his parents to go to this school. He learned plenty: math, English, science; but that wasn't why. His focus was that there was one club being held every Friday after school, one that always caught his attention. He put so much attention, he eventually became the club leader. Though it had no teacher supervising them, his small group of members were responsible enough to watch themselves. They had permission to, from both their parents and the school. Miraculously from the school, he thought. Anxious to meet up with his pals, he sped-walked into the school, knowing he was not allowed to run.

As he walked through, searching for his club room, he wondered, If we're not allowed to run, what happens if someone is chasing us with a knife? Do we run then? He nodded to himself. But then, he thought, a teacher would say, 'Hey, stop running!' and then we'd get in trouble. Stupid... teachers. Especially the English ones. Some of them make spelling mistakes... and they don't admit it. A school with bad teachers. Is it still a school? Despite the horrible teachers, Isaac always managed to breach through their mistakes and, therefore, learn.

As he was daydreaming, he crashed his forehead into a wooden door, falling back. He caught himself by launching his hands backwards to support the fall. He climbed up, and openned the door. Finally. Been waiting all week for this. Tough week today, he thought to himself. Through a split in the door, he could see that there were his band, gathered at a desk. It looked like they were having a council of some sort.

From inside, a pipsqueak feminine voice called out, "Hi there Isaac! You're late... again. Oh well, tee-hee! C'mon. We're about to discuss why Dryads are rigged."

"Dryads are NOT rigged!" Isaac shouted back.

"For Tier 2 units, they're pretty superior. You only think they're not rigged because you use them all the time," the voice teased.

"Shuttup," he replied.

Level 2
Chapter 1: He Believes in Magic

From a small stage, Isaac called out, "Time to take attendance."

One of the voices below complained, "We're all here though. We wouldn't miss this club, ever."

Isaac rolled his eyes. He felt like he was running for school president from up here. "We're taking it anyways," he smartly replied.

"Right. Jennifer?"

"Here!" a mouse-pitched voice answered. It was the same girl whom teased Isaac earlier. She had short brown hair that reached to her shoulders. For someone else, "hair that reaches to your shoulders" would have been plenty of hair; but, for Jennifer's small body... it was short. She had big brown eyes, almost dispraportionate to her face. Her nose was pointy and small, like those ones you see in Japanese animes, Isaac thought. Her mouth was nearly shaped the same, too; just a line nearly.

Isaac continued, "Hector?"

Hector raised his hand. He didn't speak much. Pretty surprising for someone who helps the priest out at church, specifically, at singing across the room. Isaac could recall his voice was deep and, rather, Scottish, if that's how it should be described. Otherwise, it was simply set forth as cheery. His black hair was slicked back, and he wore a fancy white shirt that had patterns of yellow on them. He wore jeans that weren't exactly jeans; they were blue pants that were embroided with red designs on them. He's the religious kid. Never takes jokes seriously. Surprisingly, he goes to this club. And, obviously, he plays the Humans and techs quickly to spellcasters. His hero is pretty obvious too: the Paladin, Isaac sarcastically remarked to himself. None should mess with Hector though; sure, he's easily made fun of, but he's generally not made fun of in the first place. A, he was taller than most people. B, he is bigger than everyone. C, he doesn't care, and instead, splashes water on them.

Isaac made his way down the list. "Velma?"

" 'ere!" Velma answered. For someone named Velma, she's pretty Jamaican. She had long brown braided hair, earth-tanned skin, and equally brown eyes. She always was cheery; Isaac could never recall a moment where she had been depressed. Or angry. Or scared. The only day she was confused was the day after when she got that wierd talk from her parents... before bedtime. But that's the only other emotion she has been. Otherwise, she's pure happiness. She wore a loose shirt, something you could call a tunic, with many vibrant forest colors on it; green, brown, yellow, red. A matching pair of pants to go along with that, too. "So, when do we get started on da conversation at hand?"

"After role," Isaac answered. "Derek?"

"Here," a masculine voice answered. Derek. Derek was pretty strong; you could see it. The best comparison for him is stronger than Hector, Isaac thought. Derek has blue eyes, and tan skin. He wore a decorative, black jacket, that when zipped up, showed the emblem of the Horde, and in golden text, stated, "I support the Horde!" A guy who wouldn't be afraid to shove his fist into someone's face. All at once, he's sympathetic too. He's like the school's "counselor," except better. Strangely, he's approachable for someone so tough and hard-shelled.

"Shella?" Oooh. Shella, Isaac thought. She's always so lonely. But Shella wasn't really always lonely. It's only that Isaac had mild feelings for Shella, and, felt the need to always give her company because she was lonely... when she wasn't lonely.

"Present!" she answered. Her voice sounded pure, angelic... to Isaac. Her eyes were beautiful sapphire, and her black hair was rich. Her body was slender; her arms moved freely like the ocean. Her legs ran swiftly like a cheetah. She was perfect. All she needed is me, Isaac thought. Her skin was tanned, unbruised and unscarred. She wore a beautiful white suit with a red tie, and a blue, wavy skirt that reached above her knees.

"Skorn?" Goodness, what a wierd name. What parents would name their child Skorn? For real, Isaac wondered.

"Here," he answered solemnly. His name suited his personality. Grim, solemn, unmoving. His face was straight. Long black hair covered his left eye, again, like one of those Japanese animes. His hands were large, like boulders meant to crush skulls. One thing that was queer for his personality was the fact he liked art. Perhaps that was the only way to let his inner feelings out.

Isaac knew that calling the next name would cause an argument. Zack was his name. He decided to save Zack for last... as always. "Melody?" he asked instead.

"Here!" Melody replied. She had blonde hair, beautiful blonde hair. Her body was slender, like Shella's. Two pretties in the club now. Melody's personality was like Hector's, except the fact she could crack a few good jokes. Nonetheless, despite her beauty, Isaac's eye was more on Shella.

Last... and least. "Zack?" Isaac called out.

"FREAK WHO BELIEVES ON MAGIC!" Jennifer blurted out.

Zack looked back, his skin awfully pale and his face equally grim. With unmoving lips he argued, "Magic does exist, fool! Once I master its arts, Jennifer, you will burn in--"

"Silence yourself!" Isaac yelled out. He smacked his clipboard, hard, with his pen. The pen snapped in two. An eerie silence followed. "We all know why we're here," Isaac answered. "To discuss... Dryads."

"Damned Dryads are Spell Immune," Zack muttered.

"Ooooh! Someone said a bad word, yeah!" Velma noted aloud. She pointed at Zack accusingly. "You not supposed to say dat!"

Derek joined in the argument. "P-h-r-four-three-k. Zack. Just quit it with the magic buisness. It's getting tiring, both to us AND the teachers."

This club is never tranquil unless Zack is absent, Isaac thought. And no one ever wants to miss this club, ever.

Shella twiddled her thumbs. Shella... she must feel left out.

Melody began to poke Zack. How could Zack hold in all this rage? An average kid would be crying by now.

Hector tried to clear things up. He was waving his hand around, and threatened to splash everyone with a water bottle. As always.

Skorn simply stood back, not wanting to make things more complicated. As always.

As always.

Zack walked home, not depressed, but angered. His home was a block away now. "Stupid kids... thinking they're all that! Magic is real, those dumb donkies..."

He continued to mutter to himself, cursing. "Stupid Dryads... Faerie Dragons... anything Spell Immune or resistant to my powers!"

He didn't bother knocking when he reached the door. He knew no one was home. His home's door was jagged, as if it had been recently broken into and had a bad repair job. He openned the door, not caring if it would fall down on him. He entered his house, which seemed like an abandoned haunted mansion in the inside. Couches with no cushions, a broken TV... what was Zack's life about?

Zack went downstairs, to a lower level. He openned another creaky door, and inside, was a lamp that lit a desk in the middle of a pitch-black room. Zack flipped the switch, and the huge room lit up into an attic. The shelves were filled with vials with different colored liquids. Some were red, green, blue, or purple. Potions you would only find in Warcraft.

"I'll show them. Magic IS real..."

He took out a small pencil that was near the point of snapping. He took out some sticky notes from a drawer, and began to write some complicated formulaes. "Perhaps..."

He put down the pencil suddenly, and withdrew some pots from the shelves on the wall. He took out a large dining spoon. Pooring all the liquids into one larger cauldron, he began to stir his concoction... his brew of unknown properties.

It had been an hour of mixing, calculation, and mixing different chemicals. Finally... a boom.

A cloud of darkness arose from Zack's cauldron. He grinned, and took a few steps back. "Yes... yes... YES!" A blinding purple light bursted form the cloud of darkness; Zack had to shield his eyes. He smile turned wider, and wider, and wider... into an evil, sinister smile. His crooked, yellow teeth shone against the light. Taking some steps foward into the black mist... to the violet light...

Oh, that light so bright. So bright. So bright...

It's blinding.

Level 2
Chapter 2: Celebration?

It was Monday. A chilly one. A gentle zephyr blew across the school, making all seem ominous. There was no sun; only dull, gray clouds that engulfed the world. The world was litted lightly; it was practically night time during this daytime. In order to match this Monday, everyone seemed gloomy and depressed. A sorrowful day, but not mournful.

Isaac sat at his desk inside one of the rooms. He eyed the teacher dreafully, his eyes slowly moving from one part of the room to the other. He drummed his pencil lightly against the wooden desk, making a tap, tap, tap. Coincidentially, all his club members shared the same classes with Isaac at least. It was a pretty good schedule they all had; they could pass notes in class in order to continue the discussions they had Friday. What's bad is that, since they all shared the same schedule, Zack also did too.

Someone passed him a note next to him. Isaac's desk neighbor tapped him on the shoulder. The teacher wouldn't notice; she was practically blind and deaf. Isaac snatched the note hastily, almost ripping it. He openned unraveled the crumpled paper; it stated, in big, huge letters:

ZACK IS ABSENT!

It was Jennifer's handwriting obviously. No one would bother to write bold letters, especially if they were big letters. It would kill the pencil and it's time-consuming. Only Jennifer would be willing to do that. He couldn't help but smile at the note. Isaac glanced at his fellow friends; they were smiling back.

Finally, the bell rang for lunch period. The teacher, in her old croaky voice, yelled, "Stay! I didn't dismiss you yet!"

Mostly everyone who had lunged out of their seats were forced to sit back down. Everyone became hyper to get out of this torture chamber. Five long minutes, and finally, the teacher finished. "You're dismissed."

Isaac had no lunch today. He didn't pack any because he didn't feel like he'd be hungry for this lunch. Apparently, he was wrong. Great. Now I have to go around begging for food, he thought. What a loser act.

Despite his hunger he managed to ignore it. Instead, he decided to hang out with Shella, who was sitting alone on a wooden bench. She had a bagged lunch in the very generic brown paper bag. And, of course, the generic lunch: a sandwich and a carton of milk.

"Hey," Isaac began. He walked over to sit next to Shella.

"Hi," she meekly answered. She probably is lonely this time.

"So... anything you want to talk about?"

"No."

This would be difficult. Shella began to take small little munches off her sandwich. "Glad that Zack is absent today?"

"I guess so," she innocently answered.

"You looking foward to this Friday?"

"Yeah," she replied. She seemed interested now.

"Just wondering... are you gonna be online Battle.net today, or on World of Warcraft?" Isaac asked. Anything to make her feel part of the world...

Shella frowned. "I won't be on. My life doesn't revolve around Warcraft, you know?"

Doh! Bad move. "Well... when will you be on?"

"Tommorow maybe."

"Oh. Okay."

She continued to eat her sandwich. "Wonder why Zack is absent," she muttered, though, not questioningly.

"Who knows. Working on one of his brews, I bet," Isaac answered. He tried to smile, to make her happy. "Looking foward to Friday?"

"I guess."

She's being passive, Isaac thought. Could I use that to my advantage? Hard to use passiveness to your advantage.

"Anything you need?" Isaac asked, as if asking for a quest with no reward.

"Oh. No."

"Can you say yes?"

"No."

Isaac smiled. Shella looked back, realizing what she had said. "Oh... you're a humorous kind, aren't you?"

"I guess I am," Isaac replied.

Tuesday was like Monday. Gloomy. Oh well. The teacher was even being more of a dumb donkey today; she hit herself with the meterstick. The other students laughed, but she quickly silenced them with the large bang of a book. During class, Isaac recieved a card from Jennifer. On the front, it said "Celebration for the 2nd Absence of Zack!" Below it, in small text, it said, "Beware! Openning this card will make you see Zack!"

Isaac openned it anyways. Inside, he saw a mirror; within the reflection, a tanned boy with dark-green eyes and laid-back forest-green hair, and a dark-blue sweater with a small collar. That was nowhere near Zack, Isaac thought. He glared back at Jennifer, who was giggling. Next to her, Melody was laughing aloud; they obviously worked together on the prank. Melody, when laughing, is rather oblivious to how loud she is. The teacher pointed at her, yelled out, "After school and during lunch, DETENTION!"

Isaac couldn't help but snicker.

Friday alas! Isaac wouldn't be late this time. After school, he instantly headed towards the club room. He took attendance, and everyone was present except Zack. Absent for five days, huh? Interesting.

"Right. Today's conversation, is...?" Isaac glanced at Skorn, who was supposed to make a subject for today.

Skorn gave a silent, cold stare at Isaac. Isaac looked away, and whistled idly; he didn't want to make eye-contact with him.

Suddenly, Shella suggested aloud, "How about Battle.net politeness?"

That piqued Isaac's attention.

Skorn answered, "Alright. What about it?"

Battle.net politeness? That can't be good, Isaac thought.

Shella stood up from her chair. "I think it's tiring how people try to... um... well, on Battle.net, the other day I was playing a game, and some guy's account name... it was really racist."

"Discrimination, hm?" Hector began. "Well, if that's the case, I believe you could report the account name to the moderators and they'll take care of it from there."

Shella continued her complaining. "And what about people who try to... go out with each other... over the Internet? Hmm?"

"If that's the case," Isaac answered (rather hastily so no one else could reply), "then you should really just squelch them for that moment and ignore them."

But Isaac quickly realized the mistake in what he answered. "But my parents... you know, they always look over and check my chat every now and then," Shella answered. "By that time, they'll see I squelched someone AND someone messaged me in a crude way. I'll get punished then."

"Dat be right, Izaac! You should know," Velma continued. "Afta all, her parents are da ones dat watch over 'er, like a hawk!"

Shella nodded. "Why don't you play with just us then?" Isaac suggested.

Shella shook her head. "You weren't online when you asked when I would be online. I assumed you were going to be there too... guess not."

"Oh," Isaac answered. He looked down, ashamed.

"Well then, just stay away from those freaks! They don't have the right to try making love with a young, innocent girl!" Melody shouted. That's what people generally like though... especially the Internet ones, Isaac thought.

Derek was being too silent, Isaac noted. Isaac observed Derek doodling something on a piece of binder paper... time to make peace,... I hope.

"Soooo... what's that your drawing, Derek?" Isaac called out, interrupting the curren conversation.

"Oh?" Derek looked up, and saw that all eyes were on him. "Oh... I'm just drawing... a cat..."

"A cat?" Jennifer blurted out questioningly. "What's a cat for?"

"It's my World of Warcraft pet," Derek answered.

Eventually, peace returned amongst the club. Isaac and his club continued to discuss Derek's cat, and then veered off into other directions, such as good choices for Hunter pets. They discussed a good Level 10 cat pet, The Rake, and other pets like Humar.

"So... are we gonna be all on Battle.net tommorow, or World of Warcraft?" Isaac asked.

"Tommorow's Saturday, right?" Melody asked.

"Aye," Hector answered.

"I'll be on wow," Melody answered.

Shella nodded. "Okay. So will I."

Eventually, everyone agreed to be on World of Warcraft Saturday, five 'o clock P.M. For those who had Horde characters, they agreed to play on their level 30 alternate characters on the Alliance side.

Welcome to World Of Warcraft! Players have been reporting disenchanting problems today, such as not gaining the mats that should be gained. In order to avoid this problem, please do not disenchant until the issue has been resolved.

Friends Online:
Jennifer [ONLINE]
Hector [ONLINE]
Velmaalt [ONLINE]
Derekalt [ONLINE]
Flowerpower [OFFLINE] (Notes: a.k.a. Shella)
Scorn [ONLINE] (Notes: alt)
Zack [OFFLINE] (Notes: prepare to /ignore if online)
Melody [ONLINE] (Notes: prepare for all-caps messages)

Jennifer [Party]: WASSUP ALL!
Melody [Party]: HEY THERE GIRLFRIEND!1!!
Isaaclegend [Party]: Looks like Flower isn't online.
Scorn [Party]: She'll be on eventually.
Isaaclegend [Party]: Are we all here besides Flower?

Your friend Flowerpower has logged on.

Velmaalt [Party]: invite her
Derekalt [Party]: invite

Flowerpower whispers: invite plz

Flowerpower has joined the party.

Jennifer [Party]: WASSSSSSUPPPPIIIIE!!!1
Melody [Party]: HEY THERE!
Velmaalt [Party]: 'SUP!!
Derekalt [Party]: goodenss stop spaming
Jennifer [Party]: SPAM SPAMITY SPAM
Isaaclegend [Party]: Wanna help some noobs out in Westfall?
Flowerpower [Party]: k

*The group arrives in Westfall where all the level 9's-19's are. They help some groups with Deadmines runs (of course for a fee), and they all meet back up in the Westfall inn.*

Isaaclegend [Party]: Everyone did one run?
Scorn [Party]: I did six
Jennifer [Party]: SIX!?
Melody [Party]: damn i only did two the noobs kept dying
Velmaalt [Party]: at least I can rez them
Hector [Party]: same
Isaaclegend [Party]: not the point
Jennifer [Party]: WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!?
Derekalt [Party]: wtf?

*A swirl formed in the clouds. An infernal meteor burst from the swirl, and charged right at the party. It made a loud 'kaboom' sound effect. Shella turned down her volume, and so did Skorn. It began to attack the party, and it's Immolation ability killed some of the beginners nearby.*

Isaaclegend [Party]: wth!? KILL IT!
Hector [Party]: glitch?
Velmaalt [Party]: I"M GOING DOWN
Melody [Party]: Not the healer! SOMEONE GET THE AGGRO OFF HER

Combat Log:
Isaaclegend attacks Unknown Entity and deals 0 damage.
Velmaalt takes 98710 damage.
Velmaalt dies.

Melody casts Frostbolt at Unknown Entity, but Unknown Entity is immune!

Melody [Party]: HE"S IMMUNE TO MY ATTACKS OMGWTFBBQHAXXORZ
Jennifer [Party]: I'm the dpser and I'm dealing no dmg!
Scorn [Party]: Not going swell...
Isaaclegend [Party]: You think the Game Masters would've noticed by now?
Flowerpower [Party]: Incoming rez: Velmaalt
Velmaalt [Party]: SAVEZ ME IM A CORPSE
Derekalt [Party]: I died... it critted me
Isaaclegend [Party]: What is going on?

You were disconnected.

"Damnit!" yelled out Isaac. He bashed his fist into the wooden desk, and threw his headphones to the ground. "What was that all about? Blizzard's mean joke to get us all killed?"

He phoned Velma. "Hey, you there Velma?" Isaac asked when the phone answered.

"Excuse me?" an older voice asked.

"Oh. May I speak to Velma please?"

"Velma says she's busy right now--"

"Hello?" Velma asked. She obviously cut off whoever was on the phone.

"Wait. Let me call everyone else and let's have a council," Isaac issued. He began to call everyone else. They all answered, obviously waiting for a response or order in the confused state.

"What happened?" Shella asked.

"Dunno," Jennifer interrupted.

"SILENCE!" Hector yelled into the phone. Everyone shut their mouths, fearful of the loud voice. "Isaac called us all. We should listen to him."

Isaac suddenly came up with a crazy hypothesis. "Hey. Couldn't have Zack hacked into wow?"

"An unlikely idea," Derek answered.

"I think so too," Skorn backed-up Derek.

"Well, why else would he be absent for five days?" Isaac questioned.

"Must have cut school," Melody suggested.

" 'ey! I agree with Isaac. Let's just all meet up at Izaac's place tommorow and walk to Zack's," Velma informed.

"Fine," everyone else replied.

"It's agreed then?" Isaac asked.

"Yes," they all answered. They hung up, creating that buzzing noise the phone makes after a conversation. Isaac placed the phone back.

Zack? Could he really have done it? Isaac wondered.

Level 2
Chapter 3: Blinding Light

Zack. Could he realy have done it? I mean, well... he was absent for five days. What could he be doing within those five days? Before he was absent, he wasn't showing any signs of being sick. Then again... it was Friday. Anything could have happened between Saturday and Sunday. But... Zack isn't like that. He has a reason to be absent. Does he have enough technology and knowledge to hack through the complicated, highly-protected servers of Blizzard? So many questions... and once they're answered, more questions just pop up! It's time to think this through one more time... and solve this mystery, Isaac organized through his mind.

A doorbell rang. Ding-dong. Isaac, already waiting at a chair by the front door, sprang to open the door. He didn't bother looking who was behind the door; it was Sunday, and his friends already decided to gather up at his place. He had his parent's permission too; he just said Zack is going to have a party at his house. What his parent's didn't know was that Zack is hated, and Zack would never have a party, and even if he did have a party, no one would go to it. Not even his parents... Who are his parents anyways? The question struck Isaac's mind. He didn't have time to answer it, though. Openning the door, he peeked through the slit; it was Velma.

" 'ey there! Where be da others?" she asked.

"Oh. They're not here yet. We should just wait outside and be patient for them to all come," Isaac replied. He raised his shoulders to show he didn't know where they were.

"Aye... I see dat! Alright, Izaac," Velma acknowledged. She stood by the fence that bordered Isaac's home.

First it was Velma. Eventually, Jennifer came followed by Melody; walking together, probably gossiping. Next, Hector, Derek, and Skorn came together, discussing what the infernal was, and if they were to meet it again, what strategies to take. All left to wait for was Shella. Would she be coming?

Five minutes passed by. Isaac's friends were chatting with each other, not minding to wait. But Isaac was itching. Did Shella recieve allowance to visit Isaac's, and go to Zack's? Anxiety slowly consumed Isaac. But, all was eased when he witnessed Shella, running over and clutching her tie across the street.

"Hey! Over here!" Isaac called out. He waved at her, and beckoned her to come.

Shella waved back. "Oh, hi!" she shouted back. She looked both ways before crossing the black street, then ran across.

Eventually, when the conversations amongst the gang settled down, Isaac gathered their attention. "Alright," he began. "We all know why we're here."

They nodded. They were all huddled up, as if planning for their formations in a football game.

"I believe Zack hacked... or did something to make that infernal. We're going to take a visit to his place to find out for real," Isaac continued. "Afterall, he has been absent for five days... and probably more. I bet that when he comes back, he's going to expect us to tell him about the infernal, and tell us it's 'magic' and that it's real."

His gang nodded in approval, and whispered to each other agreeing.

"Anyways," Isaac continued, "we're going to head over to his place. It's about... oh... four blocks down I think. Not too far, but then again, try not to get... uhh... lost." He looked over to Shella. "Right. Ready?"

"Ready!" they all answered.

They formed a line behind Isaac, rather, unorganized. Melody and Jennifer were together; Hector with Velma, and Derek with Skorn. Isaac, fortunately, was with Shella. The group walked swiftly towards Zack's.

"So...," Isaac began. He was searching for a subject to discuss with Shella. "You worried about any of this?"

"Oh? Umm... yeah. I mean, I never thought that Zack would sink this low, if ever," Shella answered. She looked down at the ground, as if trying to find her thoughts.

"Wait. Don't look down now. We're crossing a street," Isaac informed.

She looked back up. "Doesn't look like anyone's crossing," she reported.

"Right." Isaac beckoned his band to cross the street, waving his arm to come foward. Eventually, they were all gathered at Zack's place. Apparently, his house was located in a desolate court; the road was bumpy, and a pithole could be seen. A poor neighborhood, Isaac thought. What has Zack gone through?

"Oh. There's his address number. Right over there," Hector pointed.

"Yep! There it is," Jennifer added on. She ran ahead of the group, seeing their destination.

"Alright. Ready everyone?" Isaac asked.

They nodded, and followed Jennifer, who stopped in front of a primitive, white door.

"This is it?" Skorn asked. He frowned to see how poor its condition was.

"Guess so," Melody replied.

"Right. So... I guess we knock," Isaac suggested. He curled his hand into a fist, and hit his knuckles against the door.

Obviously, the door wasn't meant for knocking on. It fell foward, making a loud boom as it hit the floor. Dust rose from the ground, and Derek let out a cough; a cough meaning "that wasn't supposed to happen."

Isaac encouraged his group to follow. He was surprised to see Jennifer come in last, seeing she was the one who arrived here first.

The house was dark. There weren't any working lights. They were in an open room; they could see a pitch-black unlit fireplace with one piece of wood. This was the living room; it had two couches, one of them missing a cushion and one of them snapped in half.

"My God," Hector muttered.

"What is dis place?" Velma asked, confused. Confused? Wow. Even Zack's house changed her mood.

"Oh... there's no lights. Oh well. Here," Melody offered. She openned her Cingular cell phone, which emitted a white light from its screen.

"Good idea," Shella praised. Why didn't I think of that? Isaac thought. He wanted to get the thanks, not Melody.

"It's... thick. The air is thick; be careful," Isaac informed. Thanks to Melody's light, they could see that the floor was dusty; so dusty, you could see the whiteness. The tiles below them were supposed to be black, too. Within corners, spiders spun their webs. There was a stairs that led to a second story, and another stairs that led down, to a lower area.

"Hey! He must be down there! Has to be," Jennifer noted. She pointed down the stairs.

"What makes you think that?" Isaac asked.

"All losers live in an attic," she simply answered.

Oh.

"Umm... aren't you going to go ahead?" Jennifer questioned.

"Oh... I thought you were, since... oh well. Fine. Come along, everyone," Isaac beckoned.

Is Jennifer being afraid?

She stayed behind, and Melody did too.

Jennifer looked around. All she could see was darkness. Zack's place... she never thought it would be so desolate... and every step she took, it echoed amongst the walls.

"Is there something wrong, Jennifer?" Melody asked, leaning down. Jennifer looked up.

"Nothing," she lied. She shivered.

"It doesn't look like it," Melody replied, sassily.

"Oh... that's because it's cold. Isn't it?"

"No. It's rather warm. I should take off my pink jacket," Melody answered. She began to let the puffy jacket slide down her arms.

"Oh. I knew that... I was just testing you," Jennifer joked, weakly.

"It's okay, Jennifer. It's just... wait... don't tell me you're scared of the dark?" Melody queried.

Jennifer rolled her head back, laughing. "No! Of course not! What makes you think that?" Jennifer asked.

"... nothing," Melody replied.

It's lying that gets me out of these situations. One of these days, I'm going to have to tell the truth... and be outcasted because of it, Jennifer thought.

"Right. Is everyone ready? It's time to find out... if Zack's behind this door, at least," Isaac called out.

They all nodded their heads; some answered with a holler, "Yes!"

The group was gathered at the stairs, looking down at Isaac. He reached his hand for the doorknob... turned it, and pulled it back, revealing what was behind.

Black smoke came out from the door, and bolted at the party. Some coughed, while others covered their eyes. But through this smoke, a purple light blasted from the door, making the room beyond impossible to see.

"What is that?" Shella asked to everyone.

"I don't know!" Derek answered.

"Hey... you're the one who openned it," Skorn began. "Why don't you go check, Isaac?"

"What?" Isaac shouted back.

The smoke began to die out, and everyone was able to see the whiteness ahead of the door.

"It's pretty bright," Melody uttered. She closed her cell phone and put it back in her purse.

"Dat light be VERY bright! Go ahead, Izaac! Go on!" Velma pointed towards the light.

They were afraid. They don't want to go, unless I check it out first, Isaac surmised.

But then he looked back at Shella, who was also fearful. She's afraid too... and unless I check...

"Alright. I'll go look," Isaac shouted. He stepped in front of the light; a pitch-black shadow followed behind Isaac. He swallowed, and took a deep breath. "Alright. I expect you to follow me after I go in, alright?" he asked.

They nodded, though, some nods didn't seem very truthful.

Isaac took a deep breath once more. He placed his foot into the light; it seemed fine. He could still feel it. Embracing himself for whatever was ahead, he pushed his whole body foward.

For the others, all they could see was that Isaac's body disappeared. Before their eyes, their leader was gone. Melody gasped in fear.

"Isaac?" Shella called out.

Their was no answer.

Level 2
Chapter 4: Welcome to World of Warcraft! (without a good welcome)

Isaac openned his eyes, only to quickly flinch from the blinding sun above.

"What...?" Isaac muttered.

He got up, heaving his body with his arms. His body felt heavier than usual. Standing up, he examined the environment around him. Around him was a large field, at least the size of a football size, with blades of green that rose up to his knees. A forest with trees that extended their arms out to reach the sky surrounded these plains. "What is this place?"

Taking a few steps foward, Isaac could hear, clink, clink, clink...

Isaac whirled around to see what it was, only to hear it more. Behind him, he saw nothing. Only then did he realize...

He looked down, only to see himself wearing a thick, tight silver chainmail suit, from his shoulders down to his knees. Plate boots with golden shin-protectors reached up to his leggings. He had pauldrons the color of gold, and gauntlets that gleamed against the sun.

At first, Isaac jumped back as if something leaped from the grass at him. He continued to be dumbfounded at what he had equipped.

"What... why do I have all this... armor on me?" he asked to himself. "And... this blade..."

A sword was strung onto his belt. A sword... the size of one you'd find in Final Fantasy 7. It shimmered a bright, azure color.

Isaac had two arms. Two legs. One head. What happened when he went into that light? Did Zack end up having the same fate as Isaac, if Zack even went to the light? More importantly, where were the others?

Before Isaac could think any further, he could hear a growl behind him. Glancing past his shoulders, he could see something stalking him; whatever it was, he could see through the grass it was white, and it was pretty hairy...

He placed his hand cautiously to his sword, rather by instinct, ready for whatever was there. "Who goes there?" He gripped his sword tighter.

Suddenly, a white blur bolted out of the grass. It leapt towards Isaac, and bounced off Isaac's chest, knocking him back. By reflex, Isaac rolled back and stood back on his feet. He quickly withdrew his sword, which felt weightless.

More growling from the creature. Now, Isaac could see it clearly; it was a wolf with a dim snow-colored mane. It had large fangs that were sure to impale through Isaac's armor if it bit him. It's spine was curled up, ready to pounce for another strike at Isaac. Whatever it was, Isaac knew it wasn't very friendly, and was probably hungry. It's bound to be that humans were the tastiest thing on the menu.

Jumping foward, Isaac lifted his sword behind his back, and swung it foward at the wolf. Nimbly, the wolf jumped to the side, and Isaac jammed his sword into the earth. Isaac quickly lifted the sword again as the wolf jet back at Isaac with claws extended. Fortunately, Isaac swiftly parried the blow, making a clink noise. Slyly the wolf landed on the flat-side of the sword, and bounced off it, making Isaac lose his balance. He stumbled backwards, but quickly gained his weight again.

This combat... how could Isaac manage this all?

This time, Isaac waited for the wolf to attack again, anticipating to counter it. It roared at Isaac, and charged at him again. It leapt towards Isaac almost lightning-fast... but Isaac was faster. Isaac leaned towards the side, and turned around to face the mid-air wolf. He swiftly lifted his sword up to his shoulders, and stabbed the wolf through its ribs.

Whimpering, it knocked back and fell on the other side of its ribs. It struggled to get back up, and howled in agony. It fell back down, staining the dirt with blood.

Isaac caught his breath. "A wolf...?"

He strolled up to the corpse, and kneeled before it, looking down at the wound he inflicted. It nearly pierced the body all the way to the other side. Blood trickled from the impact, as if the cut was crying.

"I did this?" Isaac questioned himself with doubt. He sat back down, and looked up to the sky, puzzled at what this place was.

As he gazed at the sky, he began to follow the mountains that bordered the forest. In one swift motion, he spotted a tower in the distance. It had a roof with blue bricks, and it was attached to some sort of white-brick bridge...

Wait. That looks familiar... wait... could it be?

Only then did he realize that the structure he was looking at was the entrance to Stormwind.

Could this be... the World of Warcraft?

If his geography was correct, if he continued his way to Stormwind, in between his route he would stumble upon a lake called Mirror Lake, where its reflection was better than any other water.

Continuing to gaze upon Stormwind, Isaac noticed an ominous gray cloud hover above it. Further off, he could see more clustered clouds approaching Stormwind...

He glanced back upon the lone cloud, only to see a swirl begin to from within it. "What the?"

It began to form into a vortex. "No..."

He started running towards "Stormwind." If this is what he thought the cloud was, then...

A green-flamed black boulder rained from the cloud. Isaac could hear it land; it made a loud splash noise. He could hear someone suddenly scream, and then more people screaming.

He could see a figure rise from the crater. It held its chest proudly, and boomed its croaky voice. It flooded out the screaming and worried shouts.

Run faster. Run faster. Run faster.

This is the World of Warcraft. A whole new world, Isaac. What have I gotten myself into?

"Uhh, sorry, you can't come in now, you see, we're having some problems--"

Isaac shoved the guard out of the way, and ran past the gates.

"Hey! Come back!"

He ignored the cries of the men behind him. Despite their warnings of the horrilbe Infernals, Isaac had to press onward...

People: mothers with children, men, elderly; they ran past Isaac, their arms waving around in fear and their faces red with hot steam. Isaac let them brush past his shoulders. He could see the Infernal; he had to crane his neck to see the back of its rocky head. He could see it, smacking random buildings around it. Beautiful Stormwind... could it truly be crumbling?

Stormwind: The last bastion of the human society. Stormwind... the only hope the humans would ever have in defense of the Horde. And now, to see it being crushed by an Infernal... how could just one boy even help? Isaac could see the buildings crumble and melt before the Infernal's giant fists; those arms swinging strongly, Isaac could almost see the rage and fury building within.

Swoosh. Isaac looked quickly above to see another meteor fall, bursting with the color of beryl. And to the left of Isaac's view, another jade-spiked billet charged at the earth. No...

He had to help, somehow. Just someway.

Isaac quickly whirled around, despite the cries from the citizens, could hear a child: "Help! Someone help please!"

The voice was nearly flooded out, from the constant crashing and bustling. He looked, and looked... until he finally saw a blood-smeared child reaching out for help under a piece of wood.

The child was stuck in a small crater where the sharp wood impaled his back. Instantly, Isaac took action; with inhumanly strength, he managed to take the slab of wood and throw it aside. Examining the child, he could see the child's arm was stabbed, nearly cut off. His other arm was crushed by other careless peopler running past.

Isaac kneeled down. "Can someone heal him?" he cried out. "Somebody? Anybody?"

No answer. He carried the child up delicately, one arm under his knees and another arm under his neck, cradling the toddler. "Hello? Is a healer out there? This child needs aid!"

Level 2
Chapter 5: Aftermath

Another voice finally answered Isaac. "Don't worry, I gots it!" a dwarf voice replied. Isaac softly turned around to see a dwarf, his hair covered by a dark-blue cloth cloak. His long beard was the same color. He was dressed in golden plate armor, with few patterns of black and red. A large, silver hammer was slung upon the Dwarf's back. A paladin.

"Thank you," Isaac praised.

The dwarf raised his hand above the child. Light, like water, poured down from his fingers, and streamed down the splattered red liquid. The light began to shimmer white, and fade away, taking the blood with it.

"Your healing is amazing," Isaac complimented. "How about his bones?"

"I already took care 'o that," the dwarf answered. "Come on. We have to go now... Stormwind is goin' ta fall, as hard as it may seem ta believe."

"Right."

"Thank you," the child managed to mutter to Isaac and the dwarf.

"Please, don't. Save your rest, good child," the dwarf ordered politely.

Now following the dwarf, Isaac continued to carry the child. "So, where are we headed?"

"Lion Pride Inn, at Goldshire."

"The inn?"

"Yep."

"Isn't everyone headed there though?" Isaac questioned.

"Gonna be crowded, eh?"

There was a dirt-paved road that lead southeast from Stormwind, which eventually led to Goldshire, a center of all roads. From Goldshire, one could follow the northern road to the Northshire Abbey, or go east to the Eastvale Logging Camp. The southwest road headed towards Westfall, a place where farmers used to thrive. That is, until it became corrupted by mechanical scarecrows and thieves from the Defias gang.

In the actual World of Warcraft video-game, Isaac could recall Goldshire was the general place where all the "noobs" hung out, having their rather snobbish conversations. Would this be the same in this World of Warcraft?

It sure felt like it.

"So, you haven't managed to tell me your name yet," Isaac mentioned. He was still following the dwarf down the road. Frightening Stormwind cries could still be heard, and Isaac could hear another Infernal crash down.

This dwarf looks oddly familiar.

"Oh? My name, heh... uhh," the dwarf stumbled a bit on the answer.

"Well? Tell me."

"How about your name?" the dwarf asked.

"Oh? My name is Isaac."

"Isaac? Did I hear you right?" The dwarf started to look giddy.

"Yes, you heard me right, unless you're an old dwarf whose hearing is going out," Isaac teased.

The dwarf grumbled.

"You still haven't answered the question," Isaac noted.

"Look, it's best we talk about it later. Ey! Over there, there's Goldshire, and the Inn. We'll discuss this further."

VERY familiar...

Isaac handed the child to the braided red-haired woman. "Thank you, I'll take care of him," she assured.

"Alright," Isaac acknowledged.

The Lion Pride Inn sure was populated. All the residents of Stormwind came in, pleading for help. Some had to stay outside; the others that were fortunate could stay inside. However, veterans of war who helped the Alliance had the right to come in (apparently, Isaac and the dwarf).

Isaac headed towards the wooden table where the dwarf sat on a bench, waiting.

"So, your name?" Isaac asked as he approached.

"Right, Isaac. Looks like we have the same fate," the dwarf answered.

Same fate, "eh?"

"Don't tell me; your name is Hector?" Isaac guessed.

"Err... yep," the dwarf replied.

Both simply laughed, shoving aside what had just happened, despite the aftermath and ignoring the suffering. "Oh, good friend, you're here!"

"That be right, Isaac!" Hector answered.

"Can't believe you're a dwarf!"

"Hey, it best suits my personality," Hector noted.

"I guess," Isaac replied, raising his shoulders. "So, can you believe this is... Azeroth?"

"Yes, I can believe, because there'd be no other explanation for it... for now," Hector answered. "I mean, not only is this Azeroth, but Zack is in this World of... War, and so is Melody, Jennifer..."

"The others followed me?"

"Ey, they're a loyal bunch, I tell ya."

"That's nice to hear once in a while," Isaac laughed.

"Hehe."

"So, what happened to the others?" Isaac asked.

"Oh... yes. I remember... I'll explain it. When you went in--"

The conversation was cut short by a loud clap of two pot covers. The same red-haired woman stood on top of a table. All eyes were on her... but for a different reason: her beauty.

Her body was slender, and her eyes shined serenity. Something about her was different from all other women... her presence. Her aura gave an emotion that there is much more behind her shell of beauty. An aura that made her seem like a military commander.

"Listen up!" she called out. She was barefoot, and had puffy white fabric for pants. She wore a small, tight, pink tunic with no sleeves. It showed her belly, which smoothly matched her figure. "The current innkeeper is absent, so I'll take over from here! Please, we must all stay calm if we plan to find refuge some place better."

A murmer of voices arose. Isaac, however, listened intently to the woman; so did Hector.

She clapped her pot covers again, this time, more loudly than before. She continued, "My name is Ms. Hendy. You can call me Ms. H, if necessary. News has spread fast to me and we've discovered that the Deeprun Tram hasn't been severely damaged, and that the Infernals have gone somewhere else, an unknown direction however."

"Excuse me," a pip-squeak voice began. Apparently, a gnome. "Hi, umm, Ms. H? Who are you exactly?"

"Glad you asked," she answered. "I am the ex-general of Stormwind's Warsong Gulch army. So, if you have questions about my orders... I won't be afraid to kick you out of here into the forest with the wolves." She smiled, and looked around with a cold gaze. "That's all I have to say for now. A few chosen will be selected to go to the Deeprun Tram with me. While I am gone, please keep a maintained environment in the inn, please."

Of the Warsong Gulch, hm? Isaac pondered upon that. That means she has experience in the arts of war. The Deeprun Tram would also lead to Ironforge... but would Ironforge also be safe?

Isaac decided to follow Ms. Hendy. "Where are you going?" Hector asked. He caught up to Isaac.

"Going to ask Ms. Hendy how she'll decide who will go," he answered.

Isaac walked out the entrance, where Ms. Hendy headed. He didn't expect for Ms. Hendy to be literally next to the entrance, though. He witnessed her hammering a wooden-framed post.

"Pardon, Ms. Hendy?" Isaac began. Hector was behind him.

"Yes, gentlemen?" she acknowledged. She continued to hammer the post.

"Umm, sorry, but, I was wondering on how you would choose who will go?" Isaac asked.

"I'll choose the women and children first to get them to safety, so you people will be one of the last. Unless you want to help the citizens get on the Deeprun?"

"We'll help," Hector accepted. But Isaac was fine with that. There wasn't anything better at the moment to do.

Isaac glanced at the sign, and saw it had neat and bold writing carved on it. He read:

Goldshire Inn. Please wait for us to take you to Ironforge. -Ms. Hendy Also, experienced veterans of war should help the residents of Stormwind on the Deeprun Tram. No money given in return.

"Hold on a moment, please. I'll go get some of the Inn to Deeprun Tram," she instructed. Ms. Hendy walked back inside of the building. "Come follow me when I fetch them."

Isaac and Hector nodded. Isaac thought, You don't even need to write the 'no money' part.

The blizzard seemed to never stop. It hurt the eyes to look at the pure-white sky. The winds howled harshly, piercing the ears. Jennifer struggled to even move through this. Rubbing her hands against her arms, shivering and chattering her teeth, she could barely see an image of Ironforge ahead. The only reason why she knew it was Ironforge because an orange light emitted from the border of a large openning. "Warmth," she muttered. "Just a little further..."

The blizzard pushed Jennifer down. She let out a soft "oof." Worst of all, she couldn't get back up. Her eyes hurt to her bright environment. She could barely see one foot ahead of her. "No... not now... please..."

She struggled to get back up. When she did, she took a step foward. She quickly fumbled and fell back down to the chilling snow. Her frosty cheeks began to burn of cold now, and the warmth from within her body began to lower. Jennifer felt like her body was freezing...

"No..."

Her blinding environment grew dim. Tides of darkness began to approach her. A wave of blackness submerged Jennifer, making the world still and silent.

Darkness. Pure darkness engulfed the world before her.

Not darkness... no... not the dark...

Level 2
Chapter 6: Your Clothing is Ugly

Unfortunate, disoriented Melody lay on the grass. A stream of light poured from a small crack in the branches and leaves above her onto her face. She flinched, and quickly rose herself up.

Where am I?

To the right of her, a small bright-blue pond was located, which was more light a giant puddle. Around her was a thick forest of pink leaves, orange bushes, and knee-high bright green grass. What happened? I'm supposed to be in that loser's attic... I think...

She shook her head in disbelief, her eyes wide with confused fear. You know what would really calm me down right now? Bubble gum. Yes, bubble gum...

Her hand reached for her pink purse (which was miraculously still there), only to shriek in shock and horror. A pair of birds jetted out of the trees, their wings flapping away to retreat from the sudden burst of noise. No... no, no, no, no! I can't believe it... what are these hideous robes I'm wearing? Ew, ew, ew! These are disgusting! I need to change my clothes, and quick...

She wore messy brown robes that were stained with some white splatters. Even worse, she was barefoot, and a worm crawled up her foot. She screamed again and kicked it off. The worm flew into the pond, making a soft plump sound. The worm most likely drowned. "What did I do to deserve this, huh!" she yelled out. She shook her head, and took deep breaths. "Melody... this is just a bad dream. A bad dream, yeah. I'm gonna wake up soon."

She pinched herself on the cheek. "Ow!" Melody yelped. "Great! This isn't a dream; it's a living nightmare!" she yelled out, even though she was being monologue. "Uuugh!"

She hoarsely sighed. She let herself slide down a tree, and her bottom made a hard impact with the ground. She heard a loud crunch, which to her surprise, she sat on a snail. She yelled in rage, blurting out random grunts, and swatted the squished, gooey snail off her butt. Moments later, she became boggle-eyed and dumbfounded when she realized that she touched a snail, a smushed one. She quickly dipped her hand into the pond nearby. She let out a sigh of relief, which swiftly turned into a screech of horror. She felt something slithering on her hand, and she quickly yanked her hand out of the water. She saw an unmoving worm in her hand, apparently dead. She threw it at a nearby tree, making it explode upon contact.

"Why me?" she started. "Why meee!"

She kneeled down in surrender. I really need bubble gum. Now. She felt like a Barbie doll that had her hair ripped out, had barely any articles of clothing on, and was recently dumped by Kent.

She unbuttoned her purse carefully. With the hand she never touched anything revolting with, she pulled out a silver-covered bar. She unwraveled it with one hand, and popped it into her mouth. She began to chew, but that didn't help the situation she was in much.

"Excuse me?"

Melody jumped back, her gum almost launching out of her mouth. She stood back up, straight, still chewing her gum. "Who's there?" she questioned.

A light purple-skinned woman revealed herself behind a tree. She had glowing blue eyes and leaf-made robes with borders of white silk. Her lips were deep purple and rather small. "It looks like you're having some problems," she noted.

"You think?" Melody sighed.

"Umm... what are you eating?" the night elf asked. Her voice was sincere, almost angelic.

"Oh? I'm not eating anything," Melody answered. She absently chewed her gum more.

"Yes you are. Your jaws are moving up and down," the woman pointed out.

"Oh," Melody replied. "It's called... bubble-gum. And you don't eat it, you chew it," Melody corrected. She smiled, but it was crooked due to the circumstances she was in. Smushed snail, exploding worms...

"Would you like to be cleaned up?"

"Would I," Melody uttered, relieved.

The night elf beckoned. "Follow," she ordered gently. She began to walk off, as Melody followed.

"Your bath doesn't have worms, does it?" Melody queried.

The night elf chuckled softly, her hand covering her mouth.

"So, you say your name is Melody? Interesting name," the night elf complimented. She smiled sincerely and truthfully.

"Compliment or insult?" Melody answered, unamused. Melody wore one of the leaf-made robes that the night elf had in her dresser. This woman apparently lived in this little shelter she calls a home. It was only one room that was shaped like a cross. At the top was a bed, at the two sides were windows and drawers, and the bottom was simply open to the wilderness outside.

The night elf frowned. "Compliment," she reassured. "Please, call me Beth. That's my name."

"Alright, 'Beth.' How do you live in such a little house?" Melody wondered.

"This isn't my only home," Beth explained. "The wilderness outside is my home; I am a druid. Come to think of it, what are you in this world?"

"Pardon?" Melody asked, puzzled.

"You know. Are you a warrior? Obviously not," Beth teased. "Perhaps you're just a traveler who got lost."

"Maybe," Melody mildly suggested. She had absolutely no idea what she was, if this was what she thought was the World of Warcraft. I mean, Night Elfs, and all this elf stuff. A one-room house. Is this what Night Elfs really managed?

"So, could you explain that bubble gum you chew, while we take a stroll to Darnassus?"

"Sure," Melody stood up from the bed she sat on.

Beth began to walk outside her hovel, and Melody followed, not knowing what she was going to get herself into. Darnassus. Wonder what it looks like for real.

It wouldn't be a long walk. The shelter Beth lived in was not too far away from the road that led to Darnassus, the capital of the Alliance and home of the Night Elfs. The road the two walked upon was cobbled with gray stones, with some moss spots here and there. To Melody's relief, there weren't any hidden insects that she could see on the road. At least she wasn't barefoot now, and wore some comfortable simple brown leather boots. She knew she would have been given splinters otherwise. The areas off the road did seem repetitive with trees that looked like clones of each other and bushes that looked all the same. How could one ever find this sort of place "home?" It was quite the ugly thing to stare at all day long. Something much better to stare at all day is a wide-screen TV that's on and has some sort of good channel on.

Beth stopped and Melody bumped into her. She straightened herself back up, and peered over Beth's tall shoulders. "We're here: Darnassus."

A flat, huge, violet carpet sloped up a smooth stairway into a large, airy opening and structure. The structure's roof was lifted by magnificent pillars and split into two different directions, left and right. Beyond this entrance, a beautiful bridge hovered above crystal waters. More bridges could be seen that led to other little isles. To the left of her horizon, a temple structure stretched out to reach to the sky. Streams of sunlight poured down from the trees that shielded the light-blue sky above. Many tree structures with spiraling stairways around them could be seen. Surrounding Melody, open buildings could be seen, filled with a varying types of people: merchants, citizens, guards, priestesses, druids, and many more. Melody's jaw dropped open. "It's so beautiful," she managed to say. The gum nearly dropped out of her mouth, but Melody snatched it back into her mouth.

"Your first visit, I'm supposing?" Beth guessed.

"You could say that," Melody answered.

"I'll leave you from here to explore," Beth informed.

"Wait--What!? You're gonna leave me alone, in this huge atmosphere? Wow, you made me use the word atmosphere! That's how worried I am, alright? I'm using big words to show my worry!" Melody suddenly blurted out. She glared a frustrated look at Beth.

Beth only laughed aloud. "You'll be fine." She patted Melody on her shoulder. "I have some buisness to attend to anyways that you probably don't want to be part of. Explore. Make some new friends."

"But I don't have any money!"

"Stop making excuses. What about that bag you have? Look in there."

"But I have American--" Melody opened her purse as she was about to finish her complaint. She then realized it was filled with many coins, many of the color cold. She shortly shrieked, and snapped her purse back up.

"I told you," Beth replied, sarcastically. "Look, just buy some of your own clothing."

'A--Alright," Melody uttered. Beth walked away. Is she crazy?

Melody leaned against a pillar, wondering what to do. Nobody was watching her, at least, nobody that she could see. Maybe she could count how many gold pieces she had. It was a numerous amount in her purse, and her purse did feel heavy, come to think of it.

Just as she reached for her purse, a brown blur passed by and jumped at her. Melody screamed and wailed her hands in the air. She witnessed a rodent, probably a squirrel, retreat with the purse in its mouth.

"Hey! Come back here," she yelled out. She ran after the squirrel, and swore she could here the squirrel laugh. "Ugh!"

She raised her hand, which became engulfed within scarlet, orange sparks. If it was hot, Melody didn't notice. She pointed a finger at the squirrel, and a bolt of fire charged at the squirrel. The poor rodent looked back, its black eyes beady with fear. It sprinted away, but the fireball was too fast; it exploded as it collided into the squirrel. The squirrel jumped into the air, fell on its head, and hurled the purse behind a bush.

Melody ran towards her purse, shoving the incinerated squirrel away with her foot. She dug through the bush, and eventually yanked her purse out. Sighing in relief, her muscles eased themselves.

"Wait a minute...," she muttered. She glanced at the squirrel she kicked away, which was black with ash. Approaching the creature closer, she realized that it was nearly melting. "Cool! I'm a mage!" she yelled out. She covered her mouth with her hand as she realized what she had said was unrealistic. She looked around and, thankfully, nobody heard that. "Alright," she told herself. "I have to be careful what I say, or they'll think I'm a wierdo freak."

Taking advantage of her wizardly powers, she burried the squirrel into the bush, fortunately, without touching it. "So, if I'm a wizard, I'm gonna have to buy me some wizardly stuff. Alright, let's get shoppin'!"

Looking around, she found a sign that stated Magical Wares, with the faint picture of a pointy hat in the backround. She approached the building, and climbed up the stairs that led up to it. She saw a yellow-robed Night Elf man inside, and greeted him. "Hello there! You must be in charge of this shop?"

He nodded. With a regal voice, he answered, "Yes, I am. What is it that you seek?" He moved out of the way, and Melody saw that behind him was a wall of hooks, with different sets of clothing hung. Her eyes quickly caught a bright-pink robe, and she walked up to it. Feeling it with her hands, it felt smooth and almost watery. "How much is this?" she asked.

"Seven gold pieces, twenty silver pieces, and two copper pieces please," he answered. Hand opened, he extended his arm.

"Seven gold pieces?" Melody blurted out, stomping her foot. She realized it must be a powerful robe, in that case. "So, how much Intelligence and Spirit does it give?"

The night elf tilted his head. "I'm sorry, what did you say?"

"How much Intelligence and--" Melody covered her mouth, quickly realizing her mistake. "I mean... does this robe have any special powers?"

"Not that I know of. It's for the wizard to find out," he answered, smiling.

"Fine, I'll buy it," she answered as she opened her purse. She found out that the price he listed was nothing comparing to the amount in her bag.

"Is there anything else you'd like to buy?" the night elf asked, smiling, stuffing the money into a pouch on his waist. Melody took the pink set of clothes that included purple boots, a pink robe that was lined with purple streaks, and a pair of (what Melody described as) pink jeans that were meant to go under the robes.

"Hmm." Melody walked around. She eyed a tall, slender staff that had a bright, shiny pink orb on top. The orb seemed to be held by what resembled a bird's talons. "Cute," she complimented. "How much?"

"Exactly fix gold pieces and ten silver pieces," he replied. He extended his arm once more.

"A bit expensive, aren't they?" Melody asked as she handed the money.

"But they're only the finest of wizard gear, and you have good taste," the night elf complimented.

"Thanks," she praised. "Anywhere I can change, that's not open to the outside?"

"Upstairs," he pointed upwards.

Melody's eyes were shielded by a pair of black sunglasses. The equipment she wore stood out from many of the people nearby. She walked down a stone path in a sassy manner, as if she was bragging. Children pointed at her and said, "Look at that!" or, "Wow." She smiled when they praised her.

One of the children walked up to her. "What are you eating?" she asked.

Melody laughed, noticing everyone was asking that. "Bubble-gum, and I'm not eating it, I'm chewing it. You can blow bubbles with it, too," she explained, as she blew a bubble. It popped and it almost reached her nose. Nearby children laughed, and she couldn't help but smile back. She managed to gather the rest of her gum back into her mouth.

Melody continued her way around Darnassus, looking around, and acting unimpressed "to be cool," as she phrased it. She was a Barbie doll that was, as she should be, a Barbie doll.

"Hey!" Beth waved at her in the distance. Melody waved back as Beth caught up to Melody. "You know that bubble gum you have?"

Melody nodded. "Yes?" Melody's voice was stern and serious, with a tone that said "I know everything."

"Guess what?"

Melody raised a brow. "What?"

"It's popular now! You know how you gave me the ingredients? Some of the alchemists at my place have been able to make some, and in different flavors!"

Melody raised both brows. "Wow. How much are they?"

"Free for you, of course," Beth explained. "And that's not the best part, either."

"What is the best part?" Melody asked.

Beth's face lit up with cheer and giddy. Beth laughed aloud, even though there wasn't anything funny to Melody. "We had some of the wisps and construction workers build a statue that depicts you, Melody! Congratulations!"

Melody yelped, surprised. "A what? A statue? Holdup, rewind, remix. I tell you the formula of bubble gum, you tell it to your friends, the make it, they sell it, and suddenly you got me a statue?"

"Yep!" Beth smiled widely.

Melody stomped her pink hi-heels. "Well then, what are you waiting for? Show me!"

Beth quickly tugged Melody away, but she didn't mind. Beth led Melody across a bridge, and pointed. "There it is!"

Melody took off her sunglasses. A stone statue stood proud, alone on a large isle. The statue looked like Melody used the Avatar ability. It resembled her, and it had very good, close detail of her. Her eyes were open and she was smiling. On the pedestal she stood on, Melody saw some inscriptions on it. It read:

Melody, The Bringer of Bubble-Gum, The Hot Mage, and the Squirrel-Hating Human

"I guess they saw, didn't they?" Melody asked.

"Yeah, a child saw you chase that one squirrel," Beth informed. "But don't worry," she assured. "It happens all the time."

Melody nodded, and smiled. "Wow, all this, already, just for me?"

Beth's lips were moving, but they weren't projecting any voice. All seemed dead silent but still moving. Only one feminine voice could be heard behind her shoulder. Melody whirled around to see a night elf woman dressed with giant, thorny pauldrons and leaf robes like the ones Beth had, except the leaves were colored a shining sapphire. The night elf woman had long, purple hair that reached down to her waist. Her eyes glowed a courageous silver and she had a look of determination. But Melody could easily see through her mask, and saw that not only did the woman's look have determination, but behind it had a scarred, hurt past. The woman was talking to another night elf man, dressed in much simpler clothing that the citizens normally wore.

Melody listened closer, and she finally heard the night elf's voice more clearly.

"What? Stormwind is destroyed?" she asked in disbelief. She looked at the earth. "No, but that means Isaac... is he really?"

Level 2
Chapter 7: Vision

Jennifer felt a warm, damp cloth on her forehead when she finally openned her eyes. She was covered in sheets and blankets of different shades of green. She tried to lift her neck, but she felt too exhausted and drained of energy to do so.

"Please, don't strain yourself," a gnomely voice softly told her. "I see you're awake." The voice sounded like a male's.

Jennifer was about to reply, but a hand covered her mouth. "Don't talk either; you'll need all the energy you need. You were out in the snow for quite a while, you know. You could've died if one of the dwarfs didn't find you."

She ignored his order anyways. "Who are you?"

Jennifer could here a little huff of stress. "I'm Blif. Another gnome, like you. I'll be your caretaker for now, since none of the other medics were availible. I know my way in First Aid, don't worry. You'll be fine, you just need rest. Rest.," he commanded more sternly.

Even though Blif answered most of her questions, she still felt that she had many questions, even though she couldn't think of any. Since there was nothing else to do, she shut her eyes, and tried to put herself back to sleep.

Your time is coming, a voice called out to her.

Jennifer found herself in pitch blackness. She couldn't even see herself, if she even
was there.

It's coming, and you very well know it. Only you can stop it, Keeper of Darkness.

Jennifer felt something squeeze her tight against her left wrist. She screamed in pain, but no sound came out.

Don't bother trying. It will take over you, and you know it. When it does, it will take over all around you. Your loves, your friends, the People. Only you can stop it.

Jennifer tried to run, but the grip on her wrist held her tightly. A deep hotness began to arise in her forehead. She tried to yell out even more, but couldn't.

Don't resist. It's coming, and you know it. The People will be disappointed. They will outcast you, call you foul names and treat you harshly, like you were the black sheep of the herd. Only you can stop it, what is about to come.

A vision came to Jennifer. A picture of Archimonde flashed, and dimmed back out.

Don't resist. It's coming, and you know it. The People will be disappointed. They will outcast. Call you names. Treat you harshly. Seek the vessel which Archimonde seeks, and slay him. Only you can stop it.

Jennifer tried to leap out of her bed, but couldn't. She awoke again, startled by the nightmare she had.

She found Blif's head over her, sideways. He was leaning over her. "Blood was coming out of your mouth and nose," he informed. "What's wrong? No, don't answer me. I took care of it already. Tell me later when you feel better, alright?"

Blif walked out of her vision. She heard something squeak, and then slam shut. A door.

By instinct she burrowed her head under her blankets to look at her left wrist. A black, squiggly line crawled across her wrist, back to where it started. It seemed to emit a black glow.

She shivered, and repositioned her head on her pillow. What was that?

She listened around her, and heard a faint echo.

Only you can stop it.

I need to get out of this room, Jennifer thought. I can't stay here forever... besides, I feel fine now.

There must be some way to get out...

She climbed out of her bed in her blue-spotted, white pajamas. There must be some sort of better gear than these PJs...

She examined the room around her. In front of the bed was a welcoming, lit, scarlet fireplace. The mantle had few small potteries placed neatly on top. Next to the fireplace was a tall wardrobe. The walls around her were made from dark, grey stones, like ones in a dungeon. Otherwise, the room was pretty much small.

Jennifer approached the wardrobe, and openned it slowly. To her surprise, it didn't make any squeaking noise, for something that looked cracked, crooked, and old. Inside, a set of black, leathery clothes were hooked. Jennifer glanced back at the door from which Blif usually came from. I know stealing is wrong, but...

She was concerned whether or not Blif might come while she's changing. If that was the case, to her horror, Blif would find her half-nude in his clothing that she stole. Three reasons why he'd chase her out of Ironforge. She knew, however, she wasn't going to get anywhere without trying.

She began to unbutton her pajamas while taking frequent glances at the door. Oh, goodness. She slithered into the leather equipment. As she did, she realized that behind the clothing was a set of identical daggers. What does this guy do for a living, work as an assassin?

She did realize the clothing had the feel for sneaking around easily and silently. Her boots didn't make any sound, no matter how hard she stomped them. Blif was more than meets the eye, she assumed. She carefully took the daggers from the closet, and latched one on the left and right side of her belt.

Jennifer took a long stare at the door, gathering her thoughts once more on exactly what she was to do: raise some money. She absolutely had none, and that would mean working for some people. Hopefully, people that would be reasonable, and not judge her by appearance.

She pushed open the door, which made a long squeaking noise that pierced her ears. She ignored it; she had to be focused now.

RECENT CATASROPHE: STORMWIND DESTROYED
Looking For Hard Workers

Summary: Stormwind destroyed by Infernals. Believed summoner: the Forsaken. One of the elites amongst Sylvanas' magi.
Looking for hard workers that can help families and citizens of Stormwind off the Deeprun Tram. Mind the gap.

Pay: 50 copper a passenger. We have a person counter (Gnome Project J#588) robot that will get your exact pay.
Thank you in advance.

Jennifer read the sign, and decided that would be an appropriate job (that would most likely not endanger herself). In the actual game, Ironforge's large structure seemed to be taken for granted. But, through the real thing, Ironforge was a whole different world. It was an urban world of smoke and melting ore. It was a metal earth of sweat and grime. It was a hard-working society of black and brown walls, yellow lights, red fires, hot, orange melting iron. She could feel the lava pools, located at the middle of Ironforge, where all the smiths work, despite the fact she was on the oppisite end of it. Never could she have this experience in the acutal video-game: everything is stimulating. Thick air of polluted smoke, the sound of mechanical birds stomping and spitting out exhaust, and the sound of footsteps everywhere she turned. Nowhere was private, it felt like.

She was now helping passengers off the Deeprun. The next train was coming; this would be her first round of helping. As she helped guide paniced, frightened faces make their way off the deeprun, she knew a great disaster occured just by their eyes. Mothers held children tightly, and fathers guarded families. More sadly, some children were alone, without a family, in a state of confusion and sorrow. Jennifer couldn't help but pity them...

Her counter said twenty, and now twenty-one. She almost wanted to mourn for these people, these people who suffer. They are innocent; they did nothing but pay the king taxes. They are innocent; all they did was give their sons-at-war love and support.

They are innocent.

The People will be disappointed.

The vision came back to her.

Only you can stop it.

Status
Not open for further replies.