• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Worst day of your life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
Your state of mind is induced by external event.
To the extent that you let it affect you.

I guess if I had to pick, I'd say the day right before I dropped out and started homeschooling. The recognition of the shear waste of my time was becoming worse and worse. Two years now... Looking back, if I had stayed in school, I doubt I would be anywhere close to where I am today. All the work I have done programming, learning Ruby, being introduced to Ruby (thanks Shados), learning all that I've learned -- from this site alone -- it probably simply would not have happened.

Screw you, other side. My grass is green as can be.

Level 28
All right, time for me to add some witty comment to this...
Before reading this: I do not believe in any "almighty creator", often called "God", I can write a huge article why I believe there is no such thing, yet this isn't the point, so I won't.

My point of view is that from a scientific way, I'm not explaining (or trying to ~) something supernatural.

It is indeed true that a positive mind will attract positive things (or fend off negatives), yet not in a way like most people think: thinking "ohh, I hope it's not going to rain" isn't positive, it's actually negative, since you are thinking about rain.
Thinking "I'll win the lottery today" is good, but you probably never will, since (statisticly spoken), if you play the lottery for 50 years and buy 1 ticket per week, you'll have a 0.5% chance to win the jackpot (perhaps this exceeds the avarage amount of luck someone can have).

Just thinking something positive won't make your mind positive, you have to be positive.
The bad side of this: you can only be positive if positive things happen.
...that's where it goes wrong, obviously and that's why shit happens to most people (almost everyone).

Well... this is just a theory, though there are various indications that it might be true (there's also some research done), no, not research by spiritualists (alone), but a lot of scientific research.
I'm a huge fan of the Super String Theory and it's 10 dimensions, the answer might pop out of that one, though the basic idea isn't very stable.

Well, think whatever you want... of course this is hard to accept, but hey... I accepted the idea of 10 dimensions, while we can only see 3.
Of course, I won't be talking about that either, since some of you would think of it is too hard, or plain nonsense, though it is generally accepted as a very good theory (yet it is only a theory).

Bad luck happens to everyone, I have just read a good list with people with the least luck / biggest fails (in a TV-magazine called "Humo", lol, but it shows that it can always get worse).

Level 15
not necessarily can one only be positive when positive things happen, see if you constantly think of your bad meaningless life, which it absolutely is not, bad thoughts will infuse what's around you, your overall behavior. However, you are right, if you feel bad and think positive, then you aren't really being at peace with yourself, but only lying your feelings, though don't give into those negative thoughts, they will come back to haunt you, and you won't be or pretend to be positive, at all. now regarding something as low chance as winning the lottery, these things are better left alone, because it's not a good reason to act/pretend to be positive about, it's greedy, and selfish. but if you believe in something, alot, and are willing to risk something for it, that's when the magic happens, though at that stage some people end up having second doubts, even if something like that wouldn't work, then you should still feel good about it, and realize that that's just how life is sometimes and have hope.

Level 28
I don't know about thee worst but I have the two in top that I can remember atm.

The day my dad said he needed to find happyness so he'd be going back to his wife who he recently divorced even though my sister and I had told him before that we wouldn't come along if he did.

The day that I blew the only chance I'd ever have to get together with a girl I really liked. I'm still haunted by the memory sometimes. Trying to remember what I was thinking at the time but I can't remember thinking anything at all, wich probably was the problem.

Level 28
The day that I blew the only chance I'd ever have to get together with a girl I really liked. I'm still haunted by the memory sometimes. Trying to remember what I was thinking at the time but I can't remember thinking anything at all, wich probably was the problem.
This is still my worst... memory ever (it didn't really happen in a day).
It's about exactly the same... I have no idea what the hell I was thinking, but well... the story is a bit like this: I met her and from the first day we were both in love, she said she had to go to another country in 2 months (for a year) and after that, she would move to another country, even further away, she didn't know for how long, but at least 3 years (so at least 4 years total).
I just couldn't say/do anything, though I have no f* idea why... she left and after that, she said that if I just said I loved here she would've stayed...
That's probably the worst thing I've ever had.
I still think about "what if..." (probably the most common question of everyone), unfortunately I can't even find the courage to talk to her again...

About the positive thinking:
I personally think humanity has failed.
Life isn't bad, but that's not because of humanity... "the proud conqueror and king".
I've learned to live with it and ignore the black flock of simple-minded humans and go my own way - knowing I might regret it later for the money, but I'll never regret the fact that at least tried to be someone else than those humans (I won't be specific here, in case I insult someone o_O).

In general, my way of thinking has changed a lot since my 'girlfriend' left, yet I'm still positive: I live near a forest and whether it's winter and the bald trees are waving in the wind, or summer, when the leaves reflect the sunlight, I always find it soothing to look at it and let my thoughts wander.
You might think that's a bit gay, or unnatural, but if you do... I probably just include you in "those humans" and ignore you ;)

I also find bliss in listening to music (just listening... nothing else) and playing the guitar, my favourite hobbies, aside from my PC.

Level 12
Life isn't bad, but that's not because of humanity... "the proud conqueror and king".

magic words.
Humanity's problems:
1: some people when they get a e.g President status, they go insane and do crazy things (or king, etc like that).
2: Why the hell did they invent smokes and guns!? i would prefer a spear, not some lame-ass gun! or even a stick! or a leaf!
3: why doesnt they already populate/terraform another planets?

EXTRA. 4: Why does some people act like emo when they dont have anything e.g lost a pet or mom or brother or meh liek that??

Hmm...kinda gave me a feeling that i wouldnt even be from earth o_O

Meh, my worst day was...
When my favourite pet died D': its still haunting me!!
Another thingy in the future (i hope...no, wish...I BEG that it wont be coming shortly) is going to freaking kill me...if my cat dies soon enough, i COULD go insane, ignore it or just be ''aaaaaaw D:''

anyway, when the ''old'' fav. pet died, i didnt know it. the day after it, i was full of joy and then my mom said: ''The dog died...'' and...well, i was speechless, looked into the distance and tought about suiciding...and the memory still sometimes makes me cry......literally...

PS: im already having a regular psyciatrist so i might get rid of the idea of being an EMO.

EDIT: Ap0calypse, i kinda agree with what you typed in the quoted part (first in this post), then again, if there is a GOOD ruler/king/uncle/cat/frog or whatever, it could be good for him and/or us, depending...and no, tyranny isnt good :/

Level 14
Humanity's problems:
1: some people when they get a e.g President status, they go insane and do crazy things (or king, etc like that).
2: Why the hell did they invent smokes and guns!? i would prefer a spear, not some lame-ass gun! or even a stick! or a leaf!
3: why doesnt they already populate/terraform another planet?
2. Money, war.
3. Not enough technology, i guess.

Meh, i don't really have a ''worst day''.

Level 30
I was like totally mugging someone ... and when I took his wallet and turned around to walk away, he had a gun to my head and mugged me back. Then he turned around and I had a gun to his head and so on... so 2 days later, he totally shot me in the face and took my wallet.
I lost 5 dollars that day =/

That's when I woke up and bumped my head against the wall... I fainted and missed the bus and I got suspended from school... then my mom killed herself 'n shit ... blah ...

Level 15
I was like totally mugging someone ... and when I took his wallet and turned around to walk away, he had a gun to my head and mugged me back. Then he turned around and I had a gun to his head and so on... so 2 days later, he totally shot me in the face and took my wallet.
I lost 5 dollars that day =/

That's when I woke up and bumped my head against the wall... I fainted and missed the bus and I got suspended from school... then my mom killed herself 'n shit ... blah ...

there has to be a bel-air here SOMEWHERE!!!

Level 20
My worst day ever was probably after some party. As the night progressed, I got fucking drunk. I barfed, passed out and fell into my vomit. Then, since I wouldn't wake up, a friend of mine dragged me to his house over sharp rocks and dirt. I woke up with barf covering my entire left side, my jeans ripped, my expensive watch broken, my body scraped to fucking death and with the worst hangover EVER... Yeah that was pretty terrible.

Level 34
The worst day of my life is backed up with another worst day of my life. In day #1 when I got accused for CnP-ing over at Wc3c and during the Hive's Texturing Competition. Haha, now you're probably thinking "haha, what a nerd, his worst day happened on the internet!? OLOLOLOLOLOL...", but the worst day hasn't finished yet.
Few minutes later, after I found out that I got busted, my sister comes into my room with sad news that my mother's grandmother just passed away. But now when I remember that moment, I think of it as God's punishment for what I did... okay, day #2. At the funeral, looking at my sad family, and my mother, crying tears of pain and agony.

Yeah, that would be my worst two days of my life...

There was also a day when I almost got killed, by a dog... it's not the worst day, it's "when I almost died" day.
So, back then when I was still a third-grader and a little kid, I went outside on a snowy day to play with my friends. We made Snowmans, played chase, Snowball fights and other children's snow games. But then, a dog came. Yeah, a dog, then he started playing with us. But then, the dog started to jump around me and run, but not because he was attacking me, he just wanted to play! :D So the playful chipper dog continued his game, but suddenly he jumped on me. He pushed me and I fell right into snow with my face. He was still standing on me and playing, but I couldn't breathe! So I strugled and tried to get away, but the more I strugle, the more playful the dog is! D: So, how did I get out? Well guess what, an angel from heaven arived right into that moment to save me... the cat. Yes, a cat! So dog started chasing the cat and I ran home in panic, terrified of what just happened. I also lost my glove in the snow, I tried to come back later to find it, but I couldn't find it anywhere in the snow. I found it later when Spring arrived and snow melted.
And from that day on, I started to worship cats, and became a "cat person". I'm not affraid of dogs now, but I just don't like them that much, dogs are stupid... >_>

So remember kids, don't ask your parents to get you a dog, the dog can kill you. Actually... you can ask your parents to get you a dog, if you're going to eat it, like in china! ^^

The worst day of my life is backed up with another worst day of my life. In day #1 when I got accused for CnP-ing over at Wc3c and during the Hive's Texturing Competition. Haha, now you're probably thinking "haha, what a nerd, his worst day happened on the internet!? OLOLOLOLOLOL...", but the worst day hasn't finished yet.
Few minutes later, after I found out that I got busted, my sister comes into my room with sad news that my mother's grandmother just passed away. But now when I remember that moment, I think of it as God's punishment for what I did... okay, day #2. At the funeral, looking at my sad family, and my mother, crying tears of pain and agony.

Yeah, that would be my worst two days of my life...

There was also a day when I almost got killed, by a dog... it's not the worst day, it's "when I almost died" day.
So, back then when I was still a third-grader and a little kid, I went outside on a snowy day to play with my friends. We made Snowmans, played chase, Snowball fights and other children's snow games. But then, a dog came. Yeah, a dog, then he started playing with us. But then, the dog started to jump around me and run, but not because he was attacking me, he just wanted to play! :D So the playful chipper dog continued his game, but suddenly he jumped on me. He pushed me and I fell right into snow with my face. He was still standing on me and playing, but I couldn't breathe! So I strugled and tried to get away, but the more I strugle, the more playful the dog is! D: So, how did I get out? Well guess what, an angel from heaven arived right into that moment to save me... the cat. Yes, a cat! So dog started chasing the cat and I ran home in panic, terrified of what just happened. I also lost my glove in the snow, I tried to come back later to find it, but I couldn't find it anywhere in the snow. I found it later when Spring arrived and snow melted.
And from that day on, I started to worship cats, and became a "cat person". I'm not affraid of dogs now, but I just don't like them that much, dogs are stupid... >_>

So remember kids, don't ask your parents to get you a dog, the dog can kill you. Actually... you can ask your parents to get you a dog, if you're going to eat it, like in china! ^^
Oh too sad....What happened to the dog?Did u meet him again?

Level 4
Today (Friday, September 25, 2009) was the worst day of my life. The fifth item on my list was the worst. Feel fere to comment on all of the items listed individually or as a whole (or both), if you wish.

1: I left my chapstick at home, I ussually bring it to school every day.

2: I left a notebook in 6th hour yesterday and spent all day trying to find out who stole it, only to realize that it was still under the same desk I left it under in 6th hour; that one was just plain stupidity). Luckily, I found it immediately prior to sixth hour, which is the class I left it in yesterday, but I still didn't get to turn in my math homework.

3: I stepped in something, I don't even know what the fuck it was.

4: My friend CJ was spraying Axe (body spray & deoderant) around in fourth hour and he sat right in front of me so I got a shitload of that shit on me (and the smell/odor was overpowering).

5: A girl I like(d) had been leading me on for the past to days, but when I finally ask her out, she says she has a boyfriend ( see: http://www.teenhut.net/dating-relationships/78305-do-you-think-she-likes-me.html & http://www.teenhut.net/dating-relationships/78383-quick-need-advice.html & http://www.teenhut.net/dating-relationships/78408-good.html & http://www.teenhut.net/dating-relationships/78478-today.html )

6: I wasted time downloading a bunch of units for Total Annihilation when I got home from school, only to find out that half of them don't work and crash the game, so I then had to spent like 3 hours manually testing each one to see which one crashed and which ones worked, then when I thought I was done I was in a game for like 2 hours then it crashed all of a sudden and so I decided to uninstall all of them, complete waste of time).

7: My parent's are being real douche bags.

8: My account on MegaTen (a MMO that my friend Brandon turned me on to) has been closed and I can't get it back (or so the company claims), even though I worked extremely hard to get an extremely high level character with tons of good items and lots of money. My clan is also on that game, not to mention I payed them tons of real life money for special items and services in the game. It was closed for no reason whatsoever, all I did was make a post about how my cousin was dieing in the hospital, on the (un)official forums. I also run the only two fansites that exist for the game, am an active poster on the (un)official forums and am the primary contributor to the (un)official wiki. Notice how I put (un) before official, because even though they are official, nobody uses them, they all use my fansites instead, so it's like they are unofficial.

9: InvisionFree/ZetaBoards still hasn't replied to the e-mail I sent them regarding a tech support question I have.

10: I just found out that the last surviving (pretender) king from the Sublime Ottoman State (more commonly known as the "Old Ottoman Empire") has died.

11: I am not even supposed to be on the computer right now but I am anyway, despite my parent's wishes (and they don't know), which goes along with them being douche bags.

12: I missed a whole lot of class time because I had to talk to Officer Denbow (and several teachers) regarding my "stolen" notebook (which contained not only all my notes and written work for three different classes, but the rough draft of my short story, "Sole Survivor: Through My Eyes").

13: I found out that Kaddi Kuhlewind (the owner of SS Free Germany and my ex-girlfriend) still has feelings for me (as more than just a friend), even though we both agreed to only be friends (but this is sort of a good thing...sort of...).

kthxbai

Level 7
I was J-walking and some stupid police cop dropped me off at at the slammer. My parents weren't as impressed as my friends the next day.

Level 6
1.My grandparents died when i was 5 and i knew it when i was 9 :(
2.I was swimming in a deep river and while standing i slipped or some sort and damn i couldn't breathe in water i was really going to die. But my cousin saved me. :)
3. I was sleeping at my neighbor and when i woke up his cat's crap was on my bed. yuck.

Level 12
More of a bad week...

Ran away/moved out of my dad's house, I was 18 at the time, but had no where to go.
Eventually spent the night at my two half-sisters' grandparents' house that night, like around midnight.

That Friday in school my dad un-enrolled me from high school, so I had to leave and come back the following Monday to re-enroll myself back in as a homeless student, seeing as I wasn't living with my dad anymore. That and my mom at the time, was basically missing with all kinds of warrants for her arrest, so no one knew where she was. (I know where she is now, sort of, but still not in any real contact with her, nor do I want to be.)

Not to mention when I moved out/ran away, I did it while my third, youngest half-sister (Not related to the other two.) was right there in front of me, she was young, but knew something wasn't quite right about the scared look I had on my face the entire night. Hard to really do anything that'd upset my dad. He's an ex-marine, bi-polar, and had severe anger issues and he had his own fucked up childhood, which didn't serve to be a statement to not put me through the same hell as he went through. Basically he tried to commit suidice later that week, and had the swat team come and negoiate him from killing himself that day. I also worked at a BBQ place just outside of the apartments we lived in, so I quit my job because I couldn't stand being near him anymore if that's how much of a coward he was going to be. Couldn't find a job until later that next year in the summer.

I once woke up and was stunned. I couldn't do anything, I just lay there.
I tried to move, but nothing happened.
After some minutes I checked my breath, because I was REALLY annoying silent.
And I got shocked: I didn't breath!
Trying to make anything, I tried to move myself, but nothing happened.
After 15 minutes I got control back over my body and breathed as much as I could.

I know, nobody can stop his breath for 15 minutes, but I swear, I didn't breath.

Also it was not fake because my skin was deadly white and I almost felt in unconsciousness.

Status
Not open for further replies.