• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How Was Your Canada's Day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all you who live in Canada, I'm sure you had a great time as I did last night.
For all who don't, sucks to be you :)

My Canada's Day seemed to start off fairly normal; hung over.
I got in contact with my old buddy from high school, and we planned to meet up later on downtown at the beach during the fireworks show.
I ended up getting in contact with a girl I've pretty much had a crush on since grade 11, so that's where we headed first.
Managed to scrounge some cash, and bought a 26er of Alberta Premium in menessing (15 minutes away from town, but the only open liquor store nearby).
Met up with with the girl, and her friends, and of course they had all kinds of stuff to do before we could go anywhere, so I didn't end up meeting with my buddy from HS.
Anyways long story short; me, my best friend, my other good friend, my best friend's girlfriend, the girl I was talking about and her 3 friends (one of whom really likes me so of course it makes it all awkward, but I was too smashed to really care) all got sh*tfaced and listened to Dubstep all night.
I ended up falling over, breaking my buddy's fan, and making a total idiot out of myself (as usual when I get that hammed).
However I realized something that night; the girl had changed since I knew her from high school.
She was.. well simply put (back then) pretty and smart. Now she's pretty and dumb; walking in front of traffic, screaming everywhere, etc etc. Granted she went through some crap between the times we actually saw each other, it was a massive turn-off for me.
Now I'm caught between what I think is happiness (the friend) or fun (her).
Life's such a delema. And they have the balls to say we're simple-minded?
Pfft.
How was your Canada's Day? Anything similar? :)

Level 34
Ooooooooooooooh caaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnaddadadadada - blablablabla so grrreeeaaat
Hey, it was hard work waiting for the British to get bored and finally give us the country. We celebrate it by letting off a few fireworks and going to bed early. After the hockey game.

Level 20
Very few quebecers seem to celebrate Canada day. Instead, most of us celebrate the St-Jean, the provincial holiday, which was last week. The entire province got drunk as shit, and my strictly English-speaking friends publicly sang Quebec folklore while praising Quebec as a sovereign and free nation. It was fun.

Level 20
Poutine is indeed delicious. The best (and only good?) thing to come from Canada.
If you think poutine is the only good thing to come from Canada, you should try Unibroue beer. :>

ragingspeedhorn said:
Though people who pour ketchup or vinegar on top should be shot. Keep it strictly cheese-curds and gravy - I'm a purist.
Yeah, I used to think the same, but then I went to this nice poutine place a few minutes away from my apartment which is often is said to have the best poutine in Quebec, and they make some awesome shit. My favourite is their poutine with hot peppers, tabasco, and merguez, though I haven't tried many others. Ketchup and vinegar are shit, but other kinds of ingredients are sometimes great.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

I forgot what day Canada day was on, so I celebrated it on the 4th of July lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.