• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Finding a Dance Partner....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
In my school, we sometimes have to dance. With each other. It's something about going to clubs, and being able to dance and stuff, so that we can find "love". The problem is not the dance itself, it is to find someone to dance with. You see, we are not assigned with dance partners, we have to find them by ourselves. And what is really a bummer; we can dance with whomever we want. And that means, no dance partner for me, not a female one anyway. The teacher just says "pair up", and he expects us to solve all the problems ourselves.

And yesterday, we danced. I asked six girls to dance with me. All of them said no. One of them, however, gave in after nagging, but just for one song, and she agreed to find me a new partner after that. After the song, she went to her friends, who danced with each other, and tried to make one of them go dance with me. Of course, none of them wanted to, nor did they go peacefully. So, seeing three girls in a cluster and one boy alone, the teacher told the most good-looking one to go dance with me. (Just for the record, I had a crush on the girl at the time).

Starting to dance, she looked like she was going to throw up. I tried to talk to her, but she would not listen, she just wanted to get over with it as quickly as possible. about twenty seconds after beginning, she said "I need to go to the bath room." I waited for her, but she did not come back. Forty minutes later she finally comes back. At the time, I am dancing with a dude. My heart is broken, and I am really in love now, that she has hurt my feelings. But every time I look at her I remember how she abandoned me.

What should I do? Help me Hive!

Level 22
I can only say that its exactly the same that we have to do. I don't really think anybody likes it, atleast from my judging, but no one will say 'no'.

Mostlikely, i will ask some girl-friend of mine (No, not that way) to come with me.

@Your problem, Im sorry, but did you fall in love with her after 20 seconds of dance?
I just have hard time to see it.
But you could ask her, if she really was fealing un-well, or she plain was bored etc. I would do such.

Level 18
In my school, we sometimes have to dance. With each other. It's something about going to clubs, and being able to dance and stuff, so that we can find "love". The problem is not the dance itself, it is to find someone to dance with. You see, we are not assigned with dance partners, we have to find them by ourselves. And what is really a bummer; we can dance with whomever we want. And that means, no dance partner for me, not a female one anyway. The teacher just says "pair up", and he expects us to solve all the problems ourselves.

And yesterday, we danced. I asked six girls to dance with me. All of them said no. One of them, however, gave in after nagging, but just for one song, and she agreed to find me a new partner after that. After the song, she went to her friends, who danced with each other, and tried to make one of them go dance with me. Of course, none of them wanted to, nor did they go peacefully. So, seeing three girls in a cluster and one boy alone, the teacher told the most good-looking one to go dance with me. (Just for the record, I had a crush on the girl at the time).

Starting to dance, she looked like she was going to throw up. I tried to talk to her, but she would not listen, she just wanted to get over with it as quickly as possible. about twenty seconds after beginning, she said "I need to go to the bath room." I waited for her, but she did not come back. Forty minutes later she finally comes back. At the time, I am dancing with a dude. My heart is broken, and I am really in love now, that she has hurt my feelings. But every time I look at her I remember how she abandoned me.

What should I do? Help me Hive!

So anyway umm how old are you? I remember my highschool days, here in Europe. We also danced, and there was no problem of anyone finding a partner. Even the ugliest guy paired with a sweet girl. Anyway if they all declined you they are probably not mature or retarded.

And your other problem - um she is a bitch. Go to her and tell her you are a stupid idiot why have I waited for you so long, you are a sensles bitch. You will forget all about her.

Level 11
I doubt he can get her back -.- there's always a stupid freak that thinks she/he is the best and that no other creature can possibly deserve hers/his great attention. Such people make me sick, cause I've had problems with the such too. The biggest shit is that you probably can't win such a person - they just find themselves too awesome to even think about paying you ANY kind of attention.

The more stupid part is that everybody seem to say 'just go and tell her she's a bitch' and think that that's gonna make you feel better or something -.- but it won't after all, cause you have feelings for her, you don't wanna insult her, you just want to be with her. but, she IS a bitch after all, but you gain nothing for telling it to her (not that you will, I guess, or not that she'll care even if you will), so that it doesn't friggin matter if she's a bitch and you tell her or not.

Aand the most stupid part is that you probably can't be with her. Cause she just thinks she's too awesome for you. I could tell you that you're probably better off like this - without a stupid bitch like her who would've paid you attention for liek 1-2 days and would be together, after which she would've just went with some other guy, so she could feed her narcisism and feel wanted and liked, but telling you all that woooouldn't help you. The only thing I can say is that I've been there and I've felt that too. And sooner or later its going to go away. You just can't do anything about it right now. Just know that she sucks and you don't really need her, no matter what your beating heart says to you.

And about the girl-dancing-thing.. I guess Blooddancer said it the best way - if you can, find a friend that is a girl and ask her if she can dance with you and that's it. If you can't, then just wait, sooner or later something will come out. It's not that bad [:

Level 9
There will always be someone for everyone!
Younger kids can be immature pricks and unsensitive, I'm not afraid to admit I used to find getting a relationship difficult. Leave it, take it in your stride! Seriously, any relationship started at a young age will break down and die.

Don't be afraid to dance with a guy, seriously, dancing in a classroom with a guy doesn't mean you're gay!

Seriously... in you're head tell those girls to go fuck themselves! By doing what they are doing they are lowering your morale and making you even more unconfident.

Just wait until you see someone who is respectful of your feelings!
I'de suggest waiting until you're about 16 before you try out a proper serious relationship!

(P.S. If you need advice on hitting on girls consult LiOnesS!)

Level 24
Dancing lessons so you know how to go out clubbing to find love? People go clubbing for one-night-stands, not love.

Anyways, it sounds like there are a lot of stuck-up girls in your class. If you're just dancing for class, just pick someone and dance. It doesn't mean anything, and if that girl's ego was too big for even that, she's superficial and not worth getting to know.

Also, crushing on someone is infatuation is different from actually caring about someone. You'll get over it.

Level 34
Dancing lessons so you know how to go out clubbing to find love? People go clubbing for one-night-stands, not love.

Anyways, it sounds like there are a lot of stuck-up girls in your class. If you're just dancing for class, just pick someone and dance. It doesn't mean anything, and if that girl's ego was too big for even that, she's superficial and not worth getting to know.

Also, crushing on someone is infatuation is different from actually caring about someone. You'll get over it.
QF fucking T.

If she's too stuck up to even talk to you, she doesn't deserve to.

Level 21
Psshht, look whose talking! =P
And I never said I'm nonchalant. I said that's what he should be in such situations, and not care, because it's not a big deal at all. But anyway, mandatory dances (or whatever that was) like that are dumb

The main thing that I thought was funny was that he was asking for help.... here
I also don't know how you can "be in love" with a girl you haven't even talked to, especially if the girl is repulsed by you

Level 21
Talking is not nothing, it's how you communicate, share ideas, and get to know one another. You can't love a person for who they are if you know nothing about them

And if you do, that's just your subconscious influencing you to think "I want to make babies with that girl," even if you don't know it yourself, and taadaa, his scenario arises
And yeah, that group of girls sounds like a pretty stuck-up, judgmental lot anyway

So, there's really nothing that anyone can do to help you, you just have to help yourself

Ash

Ash

Level 22
omnomnomnom long speech goez ere
250px-Copy-Pasta.jpg

If it wasn't -- I'm certain I saw it on /b/ -- then get an ego, girls don't like asshats that think as low of themselves as you do.

Last edited:
Level 26
I remember the grade school days when they made us "square dance" and required us to get a dance partner of the opposite sex. But that was during grade school, when no one gave a shit what classmate they got, because they knew they it was going to be miserable anyways. I can't imagine what sadistic teacher would humiliate his students by making them do activities like this any time after elementary school, though.

I myself have never felt infatuation for another generic humanoid carbon unit that I've met in real life, however from your description, I'd say you should just drop her. She sounds like a real bitch, and it seems pointless to chase her any more.

Level 36
This may sound pretty fucking extreme, but it just might work.

Go up to this girl, and tell her she's being a total bitch. Tell her that the whole dancing-at-school thing is nothing serious, and that the more you both complain about it, the harder it's going to be, so you should just get it over with. Use force, feel free to throw in some insults too, and at least act like you have self esteem.

Don't be afraid that you'll muck up your reputation with her, because from what you've said already, you probably won't be with her anyways.

Level 36
I remember the grade school days when they made us "square dance" and required us to get a dance partner of the opposite sex. But that was during grade school, when no one gave a shit what classmate they got, because they knew they it was going to be miserable anyways. I can't imagine what sadistic teacher would humiliate his students by making them do activities like this any time after elementary school, though.

I myself have never felt infatuation for another generic humanoid carbon unit that I've met in real life, however from your description, I'd say you should just drop her. She sounds like a real bitch, and it seems pointless to chase her any more.

In my school we just got to do normal slow dancing... It was great because everyone danced with everyone else. Nobody was really so stuck up that they were like ew, no, I don't wanna dance with you. As long as you had the balls to go ask someone, you'd get to dance.

So it sounds like you got stuck with snotty bitches, because you certainly have the balls to ask them, good for you. As for the bitches, fuck them, you're too good for them if they're going to act like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.