• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

NEWS : Teenage girl kills herself over spoilers of Harry Potter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
"The news report said that the girl and her mother had downloaded from a website what they believed to be the legitimate copy of “Harry potter and the deathly hallows”

It was actually a fake book (My own personal opinion is that it was most likely a sick sort of fanfiction) in which Harry potter and his friends meet a gruesome end.

The girl’s mother said that her daughter was very “crushed” by the news and locked herself in her room. When the girl’s mother came up to call her for dinner she found that her daughter had hanged herself in her closet using rolled up bedsheets and a nightgown.

The news reporter interviewing the mother then said that the girls room was filled with all sorts of Harry Potter toys, models, posters, dolls and the six books.

Source: http://martinaquinowordpresscom/200...lers-of-harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows/"

Level 9
Well I certainly find it being a little childish, but my condolences to the poor mother, it isn't easy to loose a dear family member.

**EDIT**

Btw, the link doesn't work.

Level 13
I doubt she can really sue her because her daughter was being an emo.

There was a case taken to court over some british girl not being able to wear her virginity ring in school. If they can go to court for THAT, then chances are they can go to court for some emo girl killing herself over fake spoilers.

Level 10
What?? Harry potter dies? NOOOOOOOOOO

*Kills himself*

.... That girl doesnt deserve to live because she thought of killing herself and went through with it... No wait... im not making any sense here.

Anyway, like really, Kill yourself over a book?

I wonder how many people would kill themselves if they shutdown WoW. Lol.

Level 21
If she sues Rowling that's just a hunk of bull shit. J.K. Rowling had nothing to do with it and if she sues her she's probably just after money. To kill yourself over the end of a book? That's beyond retarded. The girl must've had no life at all to do something like that and cry over an imaginary person. Now some of you may feel sad or something but I don't care at all about some girl killing herself because of something so pathetically STUPID. I'm truly sorry if this sounds cruel but let's face it, the end of a book is no excuse to freaking kill yourself

Level 19
Why do people say people who kill their selfs are emo's.... i know emos they don't harm their self.... Trends/Chavs/Wigers/Townies/ all kind of people kill their selfs...

and i know how it is to loose a family member but come on she downloaded the book illegal she was bound to get a fake.

plus if they tuke it too court the mother could end up in jail for downloading it illegal or paying serton amount of cash.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
This is not about Harry Potter sucking or not. Nobody is caring about own opinions.

I have nothing agaisnt Harry Potter, I like these kind of fantasy lores. I heard J.K.Rowling's last hours writing the last pages of the book were really... how can I say...

And I didn't know emos harmed themselves? I thought those were masuchists.

Level 9
I'm saying that some sort of people that kills themselves are emos because that's true. Just look at Sweden, most teenage girls and even boys cut themselves because they're just too sad. And sometimes it goes as far as to suicide.

And regarding sueing J.K Rowling it won't work, since she had nothing to do with the spoilers regarding the last book. If they had to sue someone it would probably be the one who had uploaded the spoiler file. But I doubt that will go very far.

And as Rui said, this is not a thread regarding if Harry Potter sucks or not, I myself like the books, the movies and not the games.

Level 3
Sweet living Jesus... first the VT shootout, then Chris Benoit kills his son and wife and hangs himself, then a 13-yr-old stabs his 16-yr-old brother in the lungs and heart over a video game, and now THIS?!

Good God... this just keeps getting better and better...

Anyhow, my sympathies to the poor mother. I can only imagine how she reacted when she saw her daughter swinging left and right in that closet...

Level 9
Anyhow, my sympathies to the poor mother. I can only imagine how she reacted when she saw her daughter swinging left and right in that closet...

Yeack, just thinking about it gives me the chill. Who'd like to see their beloved dead in a closet?

Level 24
Hmm... suicide. I hate to say it, but unless done in protest of something horrendous, it's the coward's way out.

Level 26
Hmm... suicide. I hate to say it, but unless done in protest of something horrendous, it's the coward's way out.
You can't be mentally right and kill yourself. It isn't cowardice, it's mental illness. You could be homeless, AIDS ridden, and alone, but killing yourself is still not a viable option to the mentally healthy. To kill yourself is to end the world in your mind's eye, unless, of course, there is in afterlife. Even supposing you are religious, most mainstream religions say that death is something to be earned.

Level 24
It isn't cowardice, it's mental illness.
Yes, most of the time. Especially in this day and age.

You could be homeless, AIDS ridden, and alone, but killing yourself is still not a viable option to the mentally healthy.

Suicide is plenty available to the mentally healthy, especially the shortsighted and desperate.

To kill yourself is to end the world in your mind's eye, unless, of course, there is in afterlife. Even supposing you are religious, most mainstream religions say that death is something to be earned.

Which is why it is generally the coward's way out. Abandoning reality, leaving it to others who may or may not be more capable of dealing with it regardless.

Level 9
I see your point, Teh_Ephy. But who's to judge about another's decision regarding their own life? My own big brother killed himself when I was just 10, I don't know any reason for doing so, but I haven't judged him. Of course, if I had a choice, I wouldn't have let him die. I mean saying people escape reality with death is in my opinion not really true, since death is the main point of life. Without death, there's no life. Without life, there's no death.

Level 24
Hmm, sorry.

Aside from the fact that I don't believe some girl actually killed herself over this (lol, link is still broken), most reasons for ending one's own life are rather useless. Unless it's to join somebody else, there's going to be time to fix whatever's wrong.

Also, all things are born to die, but that doesn't make death the point of life. It actually makes the point of life getting your parents' money's worth out of life.

Level 9
See life as a Super Mario game, you have to get to the end to complete your life, and along the way you collect things to make your score higher, such as getting a job, wife, kids or whatever you want. It'll all eventually end and after a few generations nobody will remember you.

Level 24
That's actually a rather nice description. And no sense in stopping half way, otherwise everything else is just a waste.

Level 19
All i can say Spoofer or not.

Why would she kill her self over a spoofer... I understand if she killed her save over a Illness.
(Reason why i would understand - Man kind was built to kill each other)

Plus What country was this ? Sweeden ? Dumbass Americans(Because They only help out allies if they get attack Proof WW2 When the japs Attacked Pearl Harbor thats how american got involved, us british help any allies out) ? Japs ?

Level 26
Plus What country was this ? Sweeden ? Dumbass Americans(Because They only help out allies if they get attack Proof WW2 When the japs Attacked Pearl Harbor thats how american got involved, us british help any allies out) ? Japs ?
Can someone give this racist idiot a warning or three? Perhaps tell him not to dwell on something that happened almost 60 years ago? Maybe not to try to turn this thread into a flame war?

Level 36
The Pope did NOT ban Harry Potter. He wrote a letter condemning it when he was much younger (and had not attained the position of Pope) and he states that he did not write it himself, one of his subordinates did for him. In any case, the church doesn't give a rats ass about Harry Potter.

Furthermore, this is really sad because the copy she read was a fake. There were 2 different full-length fanfiction scripts circulating around before a real leak entered onto the internet, and she must have gotten ahold of one of the fakes, as the real book ends rather nicely.

This is why you don't trust anything on the internet.

Level 36
You see, that's why the ending was so happy.

In case you're wondering, the last words of the book are as followed:

"The Dragon was still blind, but he had not been enslaved for 19 years. He had burned down a small cottage in the hills, made a home there, and started a family. All was well."

Level 24
You see, that's why the ending was so happy.

In case you're wondering, the last words of the book are as followed:

"The Dragon was still blind, but he had not been enslaved for 19 years. He had burned down a small cottage in the hills, made a home there, and started a family. All was well."

Started a family with Norberta. Can't forget that.

Status
Not open for further replies.