Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Ogres in the North

Submitted by Cigaro
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
"Don't be silly... there are no ogres that far north."
- Elvish explorer

As the title already gives away, this is meant to be a bit of a fun map.

The three neutral buildings in the center - Goblin Merchant, Goblin Laboratory and Mercenary Camp - randomly switch positions at the beginning of the game.

Additionally, the marketplace is sometimes placed in the bottom left corner and sometimes in the top right corner.

(You do not need to scout to know which building is where.)

The map may look asymmetrical, but all walking distances from neutral buildings to player bases are actually pretty equal.

Right now, it's random whether the three camp spots guarding the neutral buildings drop a lvl 3 charged or permanent, but once the boots are removed from dropping in the next patch, I might set it to a standard.

What I'm worried about most is the large playing area and that I've paid little attention to proper creeping routes. Guess it will either work or not.

Enjoy!
Contents

Ogres in the North (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Lightly asymmetrical. Approved. If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange! R U L E S Site Rules Map Submission Rules M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N BB CODES BB Codes | HIVE MELEE MAPS Description Guide...
  1. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Interesting design.

2. WolfFarkas

WolfFarkas

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I really like this map

review

1) if the mage can hit them with the fire thing, that could be a problem thats why creeps are surrounded by trees or above cliffs, I know water is great but, it could be more safe.
    upload_2019-5-12_23-16-44.png

2) I would remove the house, if someone wants to wisp scout or peon scout, and wants to change route, I think the chance of agro is very low, 10%, but it may be, I would also complete behind with trees, to limit farm scouting or scouting in general and well maybe it can be more safe.
    upload_2019-5-12_23-21-6.png

but actually I am being very hard, because I dont know what else I can spot. Seems very solid and I really like the map

Attached Files:

3. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    ^ If you need to check aggro, just place 12 knights and make them run past the camp.
    They are by far the most clunky units that will find a way to draw aggro.
    Especially if the camp makes them run diagonally past it.

4. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Lightly asymmetrical.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
    Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
    Details
    BB CODES
    BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
    Description Guide - Melee Maps
    Describing Your Melee Map
    Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
    The importance of a Description
    Description Guide - Maps
    Map Thread Guide
    Map Description Making: Good & Bad
    Map Description - Templates
    Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
    • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
    • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
    • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
    Paillan
    twojstaryjakcie
    Daffa the Mage
    https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

5. Albion

Albion

Resources:
    Resources:
    Are games like this affected by patches?