• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Wc3 Team

Vote our leader!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
It's pretty good. I can go with that.

Would be cool to have it so you can alter your fate. Maybe some Fable things, the good/evil.

Level 10
The Squire starts in a training camp, 8 days from the last know location of the Lich King. He has dreams of the ancient dragon, but assumes he has been reading too much lore.

One night, he wakes up and leaves his tent. In the distance, he sees a pyre of fire. Against his better judgement, he goes out to investigate. It turns out it was a Inquisition ambush. They take him to their base camp and start interrogation with psyckers. It is at this time a commotion is heard outside. The door blasts in and a ghostly dragon is there. It saves him and takes him to a generic pond. It is here that he is told of his master's plight and gets the quest to save him.

On is journey, he has to fight many foes ad overcome many challenges.

He has to be careful. If he is too reckless in his acts, the Inquisition will come and kill him with a mass of Paladins. If he is too pious, the dragon will disown him and he will lose his place in the world. (incorporate a good/evil indicator.)

I think it should either end with the destruction of the dragon, saving of the Death Knight or both. I have an idea for a really good ending, but I don't want it to be open to the public.

Twist and Turns: Depends on the script. Is the character ruthless, misguided, good at heart?

What race is the character? Human, Orc, Penguin, etc.?

The twists and turns also depend on the ending.

Now that would be a good game

Level 31
Hey.. I just started reading this a bit and had a sort of idea. You're doing an undead campaign it sounds like, and well. Undead aren't really bound by the form of their body. Take the lich as an example. Sure, there are different builds.

The squire serves the Death Knight, but maybe he doesn't know it? The dragon would tie well with this.

Maybe they are tied together, bonded to complete a harmony... The Ballod of the Death Knight.

Is the Dragon Truly good? Is the Lich King truly Evil? The thing that binds it all, holds the lich king together, etc. Perhaps it is simply the will to bring them all together, but then what bonds the squire and the death knight together. Maybe he "is" the death knight and must awaken himself. He does not know it yet and thinks it is a quest to find him, to serve the dragon, and to bring a sort of harmony to bring down the lich king, but in doing so, he starts to learn a terrible truth... The Death Knight is of the undead, but where is he? Perhaps he is truly dead and roams the outer realms and his form continues to exist.

To sacrifice your own being for a greater cause. Losing yourself to another. The true art of death...

Just my own ideas ^^. Personally, I think it will add a lot of depth to the story. Instead of just being a squire out there to search to awaken or find some sort of strong being (been done before) to take something out (been done), and being with a sort of resistance (def been done). Well, my idea has been done as well, but I dunno. I think it's... beautiful : D. Almost like a tragic poem. It also holds great symbolism.

Well, what do you guys think? : )

Level 8
A tragic poem... not bad. I kinda like it. I would prefer the alter your destiny thing a bit more. My orginal idea stemmed from the idea that you try to maintain neutrality in your evil deeds, but a campaign where you good/evilness alters the outcome would be tops.

I played Fable, and Fable: The Lost Chapters. It didn't matter whether you were good or evil, it always ended the same. I would like to see a Star Ocean: The Second Story type of thing where the are lots of endings depending on your choices during the game. It would give our campaing great replayability.

So, should our hero be a Death Squire, or should he be a Squire who will one day be a Knight (Neutral), Death Knight (Evil), Paladin (Good) or something in between.

Should we stop at one class, or make it possible to be an Apprentice (Mage, Necromancer, Cleric), Bowman (Archer, Evil Archer, Pious Archer), etc., etc.

Level 31
The best model is the model of freedom

While he may be bonded with the Death Knight, he may choose to revoke it. As long as the Death Knight is an idea, it is alive. With enough power, it is possible to bring it back (this opens the storyline up more).

The squire shuold be a full 100% open race. There should be no classes (a sort of oblivion system save for one thing, the abilities are limited by your stats and your stats cannot all be maxed).

It will enable strategic building etc etc. Hopefully, this opens it up more to your liking.

Any race can learn any ability. You have knowledge points to enable you to go further down different roots of abilities. The power of your abilities are based on your stats and the mastery of that ability via knowledge. If you focus yourself too much, you could be easily countered. If you spread yourself out too much, you could easily be overpowered. It is all about balance and harmony.

The tragic poem of our friend, the squire, destined to be destroyed for the Death Knight unless he acts against the harmony.

What might happen if he went against the harmony of the world? What new horrors might come into being.

This should open it up even more for you

Enjoy my gift ^^

Level 8
I think we should have chapters. We can release single maps and link them as a campaign. HINDYWhat, is this possible through save codes?

So, are we going to have multiple classes, or just the Death Squire?

Level 24
Ok guys I have created a private forum for all us, so you can use that now rather then trying to use this thread for everything :p

You should be able to see it at the bottom of the hosted projects forum, if you can't see it then just send me a pm.

Level 6
i would like to join if u r still recruiting, i can do a bit of everything, my weak side are triggers, strong side is: skinning and maybe terraining

Level 35
Sorry for resurrecting this thread.

But I was told that this was the place to apply for membership in the Prodigy Productions forum.

I would like to join this forum, perhaps as a Lore-master, and mabye a mdl modeler.

You may check my Prophecies, and RP'ing in World of Darjis roleplay for credentials, and my models for mdl modeling credentials.

Thankyou for your time, and patience.

-Elenai the Epic-

Level 25
I just noticed you guys agreed on using the name I came up with, "Prodigy Productions." That's pretty cool. :grin:

And I liked that name a lot too, so it all works out. Anyway, I'm a bit confused with what your plans are for a first project? Tower-Defense, Risk map, Survival map, etc.

What's the plan? I might join up with you guys... but my time is getting more and more occupied, but I always manage to make room for work on weekends. :wink:

~Craka_J

Level 25
Ah, so you guys got some confidentiality now eh? That's good. Also, I noticed something that was a bad idea for game development:

Warhammer Online has been releasing a lot of its content early and how it will work and lots of exploits too (Videos, screenshots, fan-art, concept art, etc.) and this gives other companies a lead on what they can steal ideas from and so on. I recommend you guys try to keep quite for a month or so about the project if you really want it to be a hit. Announcing that you've started a new project of a genre type map is all right, but going any further than that, even exploitation of storylines can be a problem.

The exploits of Apocalypse have been inspiring people, but also giving people a lot of ideas that they can take from us. This is one of the reasons we have not made any new big exploit news announcements.

Anyway, to get more on topic, try to keep your ideas as confidential as possible and reveal as little as you can. In the end, it will be worth it.

~Craka_J

Level 25
One thing that I've learned over time from running projects such as Wc3:WoW is that active communications and activity throughout the entire team is vital, because if people tend to be less active, there's a strong chance they'll also lose complete interest in the project and leave the team.

~Craka_J

Status
Not open for further replies.