1. Let's participate in the Texturing Contest #28 - Swamp Dwellers instead of sitting around getting covered in moss!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Cast a vote for the best warrior in the Concept Art Contest #11 - Poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don't be stagnant - embrace change! The time has come to evolve and join the Techtree Contest #12 - Evolution.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. On May 20th a new law about privacy and data processing comes into work in the EU. I am no lawyer and I need help figuring out if we comply and if not, what we must do about it. Please message me if you can provide any assistance. Read more. Ralle
    Dismiss Notice
  5. I have disabled the media section until further notice. The latest downtimes on the site has been due to severely inefficient coding on the addon developer's part. Want it back? Register here and like my post.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Join us in our custom games night on Saturday, June 2nd. We'll see you on Battle.net and Discord!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The Cinematic Contest #7 results are up!
    Dismiss Notice

Team recruitment-Space Orcs Campaign

Discussion in 'Project Recruitment' started by foo_sharp, Jan 22, 2010.

1. foo_sharp

foo_sharp

Resources:
    Resources:
    Space Orcs Campaign-Team Recruitment

This is the official recruitment thread for my upcoming project.
    The original idea factory thread can be found here: https://www.hiveworkshop.com/posts/1398628/

I am in need of skilled modders with enough interest in this project to spend some of their spare time to work on it. Below is a list of the positions in the team and a short overview of what you should be able to do if you want one of the posts.

General Requirements: One of the big Instant Messaging Clients (MSN, ICQ, XMPP etc.), I'll probably just choose the one most people have. Also, having Skype would be a big plus. You can legally get all of the Instant Messengers and Skype for free, so if you don't have either, it's not too much trouble.

Note that I'll give more people the possibilty to join the project if there is the need for it and a high enough demand exists.

Project Lead

foo_sharp

As I've recieved the question what I am actually going to do myself in this project here's a short overview of my duties:
    I am writing the story, as mentioned below, Gaisler and The World Is Flat help me deepen the plot, creating side stories and so on.
    I am responsible for coordinating the team and keeping it together.
    I am doing the basic layout of all maps to give the terrainers a clue of how the map is supposed to look in the end.
    I am, obviously, as part of the writer position, coordinating the cinematics of the campaign.
    I am also organising a webside for the project in case the support for the project grows stronger.

I might have forgotten something, if I remember anthing I'll add it.
    I hope this gives you a clearer view of what I'm going to do although these things are in my opinion self-explanatory :wink:

1.) Story Writing

Lead Writer: foo_sharp
    Additional Writers: gaisler, The World Is Flat
    Current Status: All Positions taken

2.) Modelers

Position 1: General Frank
    Position 2: <empty>
    Part-time position: Devine

I am going to need several unit models, a couple of effects and some doodads, it is essential that these areas are covered by the two modelers, meaning that they together can do all of these model types.
    An example of your previous work or a small exemplary piece of work made for this application is required.

Current Status: 1 position left

3.) Terrainers

Position 1: leet.firefox
    Position 2: [Big Dub]
    Part-time position 1: -Kobas-
    Part-time position 2: Keiji

Terrainers will need to be able to do playable terrains with a semi-realistic touch, meaning no blizzard cliffs and probably quite a bit of custom environment doodads. An example of your previous work or a small exemplary piece of work made for this application is required.

Current Status: 1 Position left

4.) Triggerers

Position 1: YourNameHere
    Part-time position 1: <empty>
    Part-time position 2: Illidan(Evil)X
    Part-time position 3: baassee

I need at least one core team triggerer able to do advanced systems like a projectile/cover system, artillery etc. in case the part-time triggerers have to drop out. In addition to that I need someone to trigger all the quests and events during the game and to possibly do some spells. If one person alone meets these requirements, the second position will still be open for application. An example of your previous work or a small exemplary piece of work made for this application is required.

Current Status: 1 core team position taken

5.) Cinematics

Position 1: Vengeancekael

People interested in doing cinematics need to be able to do smooth and advanced camera movements and have to be able to time multiple advanced actions ingame (e.g. bomber flying over camera, dropping bombs, camera shakes etc). An example of your previous work or a small exemplary piece of work made for this application is required.

Current Status: 1 core team position taken

6.) 2D-Art

This position requires of you to be able to do loading screens/icons and possibly minimap-previews (not certain yet).

Position 1: <empty>
    Part-time position 1: Big Dub

Current Status: No core team positions taken

7.) Sound Manager

I mainly need the person wanting this job to have access to a large variety of sounds/musical pieces that can be used in the campaign for cinematics and ingame sounds (explosions, engine humms, dramatic music for a cinematic).
    As for voice acting: It isn't planned. It's too unlikely to get enough good voice actors for a full campaign.

Position 1: Shivarra

Current Status: Position taken

Final Notes: If you are of the opinion that I missed any of the vital positions or that any of the positions are under/overstaffed please tell me so. The same goes for any spelling mistakes and other mistakes in the post.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
  2. shivarra

shivarra

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'd be interested in doing either cinematics or sounds. Since the intro cinematic should fit the music and vice versa I would do a part of both. I don't have a cinematic example for you since I haven't done that much but if you want i can make you something with a some of the things you wnt implemented.
    shiv

3. foo_sharp

foo_sharp

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sounds fine to me. Send me some example of your skills and if meets my expectations you can consider yourself part of the team.

4. Spectre4802

Spectre4802

Resources:
    Resources:
    I would like to be a trigger, but I have no idea how to do projectiles/physics, and I still haven't quite sussed out quests.

Still, I'm all good for any sort of 'trigger' spell, provided it's not super arcane or gratuitously complicated.

And I think you may have missed out an important position: the race/s themselves, unless you already have that sorted.
    I'm talking about all the units, heroes, buildings (including their costs and stats), tech trees, researches/upgrades, spells etc etc.
    (I will gladly fill that position if you want me to.)

I can also be a contingency writer (in case one of your writers needs to drop out, as unlikely as that may be) and I can write dialog for cinematics and in-game cutscenes too.

I can fill the terrainer position too if need be.
    And I have what can only be discribed as an assload of score music. From games and movies, but chances are anyone recognising them immediately is unlikely.

(Wow, this is turning out to be a large CV >.>)
    If you need examples of any of the above stuff, all you need to do is ask.
    Delivery time 2-4 days.

5. foo_sharp

foo_sharp

Resources:
    Resources:
    First of all, thanks for the offer. As for the race/unit part, that's mostly sorted out already and belongs to the duties of the writers, the same applies for dialogues.
    If you want to participate in the project in any of the other ways you mentioned, just tell me which position you would like to have and send me proof to confirm you're actually able to do that.
    I am looking forward to your reply.

6. Tank-Commander

Tank-Commander

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well, I'm here for the long haul, I always have lots of time in my hands so I probably won't pull out of my part-time position for a long time :)

Be sure that I will post lots of far fetched ideas. :p

7. Spectre4802

Spectre4802

Resources:
    Resources:
    Alrighty then!

My first terrain... showcase? Well, not really.
    First of two. The second one will be a lot more 'space orc'. :)

The second one will also include a few 'trigger-spells' as well, so that one'll have a double purpouse.

In the meantime though, here's the first one.

Attached Files:

8. foo_sharp

foo_sharp

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks for your post.
    As for the terrain, it doesn't look bad, but in its current form it's pretty basic.
    Also, the game was running slower than usual when I played your map, but I don't know what migh have caused that.
    For your second terrain, I would suggest the use of a couple of custom doodads (all you need can be found in UTM), and a more "advanced" setting, like mountains, waterfalls, jungle stuff and so on as the first half of the campaign is situated on a jungle planet.
    Ultimately, it's your choice what setting you choose, just show me a more complicated kind of terrain that still looks good and you're on your way to becoming part of the team :wink:

9. Revolve

Revolve

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Let's hope we can get a crew of modders together, and get this project rolling :)
    As for terraining, I'd be glad to do any minor, not so time taking stuff - Take a look at my album for more info.

But for now, story-writer it is :)

10. Spectre4802

Spectre4802

Resources:
    Resources:
    Awesome to hear that, Foo.
    It could be the massive amount of doodads. I'll try to cut them down on the next map.
    Working on a forest-y type map now, complete with river, camp, and mountainy terrain bordering the map.

Would you prefer Space Orcs or do you not care?

11. foo_sharp

foo_sharp

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, you could try to go for a Space Orcs Outpost in the jungle. I am currently planning to use the Warcraft versions of the Terrain-buildings from Starcraft as the Space Orcs Buildings in lack of better models, so if you can do that it would probably be more helpful than just a jungle, but it's not absolutely necessary as of now.

12. Spectre4802

Spectre4802

Resources:
    Resources:
    Cool. I'll see what I can do.

:: Update ::
    Ok, so it seems every Starcraft building from the Hive doesn't want to work for me.
    So, that set me back about a day trying in vain to get the damn thing to work.

I've been away for a few days, so I haven't been able to work on it. Should be up by monday.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2010
  13. havard1993

havard1993

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Request: May i be a random bird critter ?
    I can give u ideas if u want :p

14. General Frank

General Frank

3D Modeling Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Me! I would like to be the modeller guy seeing that this might be based on my stuff.^^

15. foo_sharp

foo_sharp

Resources:
    Resources:
    Request granted, you've been implemented as a bird in one of the maps. I'm not going to tell you in which one though, you'll have to find that out by yourself :wink:

You're in, welcome to the team :thumbs_up:

16. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    I might help you with the cinematics, but i have to think about it:)

17. shamanyouranus

shamanyouranus

Resources:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Well, if General Frank is interested, than I'm definitely interested.
    Count me in for a modeler, boy!

18. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    lol i guess he has a good reputation:/ And yes, i will help you with the cinematics:)

19. foo_sharp

foo_sharp

Resources:
    Resources:
    Welcome to the team

Same to you :grin:

20. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells: