• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

===[NEW] Spell Workshop [NEW]===

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Damn... when I try "Eye Of The Storm" in another map, it doesn't work. I copied all the units, all the abilities and all the triggers, wrote all the variables, enabled the triggers, and it still won't work... what am I doing wrong?? "Corroding Arrows" works fine in the other map btw :/

Re-import it in your map, and be sure you do all those points :

1. Open World Editor.

2. Go to File (in the toolbar), then in Preferences and in the General tab, mark the compartment " Create unknown variables by pasting data release mechanism".

3. Open the map example supplied by the creator of the model of spell since World Editor.

4. Copy the Units, the Spells, the Effects / Buffs and Triggers bound to the spell one by one.
Tip: for a spell with several triggers, it is possible to put quite triggers in the same category and so to have only the category need to be copied/paste.

5. Open your Map since World Editor.

6. Paste Units/Abilities/Effects/Buffs/Triggers copied previously.

7. Repeat the stages 3, 4 and 5 until have copied / paste everything in the map, then pass in the stage 8.

8. Verify in triggers, if skills and units if ID of the spells / effects / buffs did not change a map in the other one (if the spells / effects / buffs are good). If they changed, then modify to put ID of the spell / effect / buff in your map (choose in the list in GUI).

Level 1
Re-import it in your map, and be sure you do all those points :

1. Open World Editor.

2. Go to File (in the toolbar), then in Preferences and in the General tab, mark the compartment " Create unknown variables by pasting data release mechanism".

3. Open the map example supplied by the creator of the model of spell since World Editor.

4. Copy the Units, the Spells, the Effects / Buffs and Triggers bound to the spell one by one.
Tip: for a spell with several triggers, it is possible to put quite triggers in the same category and so to have only the category need to be copied/paste.

5. Open your Map since World Editor.

6. Paste Units/Abilities/Effects/Buffs/Triggers copied previously.

7. Repeat the stages 3, 4 and 5 until have copied / paste everything in the map, then pass in the stage 8.

8. Verify in triggers, if skills and units if ID of the spells / effects / buffs did not change a map in the other one (if the spells / effects / buffs are good). If they changed, then modify to put ID of the spell / effect / buff in your map (choose in the list in GUI).

Works...like...a...charm...!!! Thanks a lot :DD ...a LOT :D

Level 6
Sacrifice
Description: The caster drains life from himself and transfers it to an ally.
Additional Information: (1) The amount drained and healed determined by a set value, percentage, attribute, or multiplied by level of the ability. (2) The caster can either die from casting it or have 1 life left. (3) Caster can't heal himself. (4) No mana cost, just a cool down (5) Any format works, MUI if possible. (Numbers 1 and 2 can be whichever you like or is easier to create)
Looked through various spells in the spell section and couldn't find what I was looking for. If it already exists a link would be appreciated.

Level 16
Ok im in great need of a summoning spell. Something like the cryptlord summoning his carrion beetles. But for that you need a corpse i want this spell to work without one. Can it be made?

Level 16
Yeah but there is a problem
1st : the units die after a time, and i don't want to.
2nd. There won't be a limi9tation like by carrion beetle.

Level 33
Sacrifice
Description: The caster drains life from himself and transfers it to an ally.
Additional Information: (1) The amount drained and healed determined by a set value, percentage, attribute, or multiplied by level of the ability. (2) The caster can either die from casting it or have 1 life left. (3) Caster can't heal himself. (4) No mana cost, just a cool down (5) Any format works, MUI if possible. (Numbers 1 and 2 can be whichever you like or is easier to create)
Looked through various spells in the spell section and couldn't find what I was looking for. If it already exists a link would be appreciated.
(1) - What do you meant by this ?
The amount drained and healed determined by a set value, percentage, attribute, or multiplied by level of the ability
How does the drain be determined ?
Or is that a list of possibilities ?
How about I set it to a fixed value, is that okay ?

(2) - So is there a 50% chance to kill Caster when HP goes below X and there is 50% chance for the Caster to stop the spell and has X HP left ?

(3) - Do you mean he can't heal himself from this particular spell ?

Ah one more thing, is this spell Channeling ?
Or can we move the unit while draining ?

Hmm i get it. But there will b e still the info about the needed corpse, and that is here the problem.
That is why we have hundreds of other ability to be based off, one of the ability which is good for this kind of ability is Channel (it's a name of an ability, not the Channeling)

Level 6
[DefSkull]

(1) Yes that is a list of possibilities, I just need one. Figured whichever is the easiest to code for you would work. A fixed value works fine.
(2) I didn't think of it like that. Just giving more possibilities. But I like that idea, a 50% chance to kill the caster or cancel the spell from being cast. That's only if the life of the caster is less than the amount drained.
(3) Yes, the caster cannot heal himself with this spell

Sorry for the confusion, I should of used another word than drained. But I did not want a channel spell but an instant cast. I just needed something really simple. So I just need a spell that pretty much transfers life from the caster to a single target ally. As for the effect for which I thought of now, it can be anything that I can modify.

Level 1
I'd like to request a spell

Requiem of Souls
Description: For every unit that the hero kills (last hits) he absorbs their souls, getting 2 bonus damage for each soul. The maximum number of souls is 10/15/20 (increasing by level, duh...). If he dies the bonus damage is lost, and the soul count resets to 0. It's like Nevermore's ability from DotA.
Additional Information: When a unit dies it releases a Ziggurat missle at the hero. When the missle hits the hero, he gets the damage bonus.
Thanks in advance :)))

Last edited:
Level 4
Berserk
Description: increases movespeed for each losted 10% hit point
Additional Information: Example like DotA's huskar's berserker blood but this is adding movespeed
i tried that but buggy, the movespeed will keep and become 522.

and GUI please...

Level 33
522 is max movement speed in WC3, you cannot overwrite this with natural movement.
However, PurgeAndFire111 has created a system to bypass this limit.
Although, I'm not planning to use that system for his request because simply that's the hard-coded limits of Warcraft III, sorry, I won't accept your request because 522 is the maximum movement speed.

Level 4
Hello defskull, may I request a system from you for my Escape map? Credits + Rep will be given to you! (Since it's my first map, I need help :grin:)

Here: Simple Revive Circle System
(This system was made by you, but can you make it MUI or MPI?)

Example:
[Game 1] - All 3 players have different heroes
► Hero = Different heroes (Paladin, Archmage, etc)
► Player = The player playing the game
Player 1 - Hero1
Player 2 - Hero2
Player 3 - Hero3
→ If Hero1 dies, it will create the circle for Player 1
→ If Hero2 dies, it will create the circle for Player 2
→ If Hero3 dies, it will create the circle for Player 3

Last edited:
Level 33
Hello defskull, may I request a system from you for my Escape map? Credits + Rep will be given to you! (Since it's my first map, I need help :grin:)

Here: Simple Revive Circle System
(This system was made by you, but can you make it MUI or MPI?)

Example:
[Game 1] - All 3 players have different heroes
► Hero = Different heroes (Paladin, Archmage, etc)
► Player = The player playing the game
Player 1 - Hero1
Player 2 - Hero2
Player 3 - Hero3
→ If Hero1 dies, it will create the circle for Player 1
→ If Hero2 dies, it will create the circle for Player 2
→ If Hero3 dies, it will create the circle for Player 3

Who can save the dead units ?
Another Player Hero ?
So I assume they all Allied ?

Level 18
Requesting few spells for my hero.

Spell 1: Storm Bolt(the one like in DotA).
Explanation: The Hero throws a hammer to a targeted unit, dealing damage and stunning them. The spell has 5 levels. The spell is AoE.

Level 1:The Bolt does 300 damage and stuns for 2 seconds.

Level 2:The Bolt does 600 damage and stuns for 2 seconds.

Level 3:The Bolt does 1200 damage and stuns for 2 seconds.

Level 4:The Bolt does 2400 damage and stuns for 2 seconds.

Level 5:The Bolt does 4800 + 1/2 Strentgh damage and stuns for 2 seconds.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spell 2: Repulsive Armour.
Explanation: Whenever the hero is attacked, It has chance to stun the enemies and deal damage to them. The spell has 5 levels. Works only on MEELE units.

Level 1:Deals 55 damage and stuns for 1 second.

Level 2:Deals 85 damage and stuns for 1.25 second.

Level 3:Deals 125 damage and stuns for 1.50 second.

Level 4:Deals 155 damage and stuns for 1.75 second.

Level 5:Deals 175 damage and stuns for 2 second.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spell 3: Ground Bash
Explanation: The hero starts spinning for 2 seconds(the caster is paused), jumps for very small distance in the air, gathering power into his sword then it's strikes the ground, creating 5 explosions towards the target point direction that damages all units within the range of the explosion and the caster.

Level 1:Deals 450 damage.

Level 2:Deals 900 damage.

Level 3:Deals 1800 damage.

Level 4:Deals 3600 damage.

Level 5:Deals 7400 + 1/2 agility in damage.
Spell 4: Rocket Flare
Explanation: The Hero releases a rocket at every enemy units in a 500 range of the hero, damaging them.

Level 1: Each Rocket deals 400 damage.

Level 2: Each Rocket deals 800 damage.

Level 3: Each Rocket deals 1600 damage.

Level 4: Each Rocket deals 3200 damage.

Level 5: Each Rocket deals 6400 damage.

That's all for now, thank you for taking time to make them.

Level 29
Spell 4: Rocket Flare
Explanation: The Hero releases a rocket at every enemy units in a 500 range of the hero, damaging them.

Level 1: Each Rocket deals 400 damage.

Level 2: Each Rocket deals 800 damage.

Level 3: Each Rocket deals 1600 damage.

Level 4: Each Rocket deals 3200 damage.

Level 5: Each Rocket deals 6400 damage.
Like this? http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2174502-post9.html

Level 29
is anyone gonna make them soon? I'm waiting all day for them. If you re busy, then say so i know i don't wait :)
some of the requests here takes even 2 weeks to finish...it is not really our duty to rush requests coz we're also busy in real life and our own projects...I can do all of it but be patient but only in jass...

And since this one is in Jass, what do I need to import to work?(the triggers)
you need to copy and paste all the RequiredLibraries and RapidFire...

Level 22
Requesting few spells for my hero.

Spell 1: Storm Bolt(the one like in DotA).
Explanation: The Hero throws a hammer to a targeted unit, dealing damage and stunning them. The spell has 5 levels. The spell is AoE.

Level 1:The Bolt does 300 damage and stuns for 2 seconds.

Level 2:The Bolt does 600 damage and stuns for 2 seconds.

Level 3:The Bolt does 1200 damage and stuns for 2 seconds.

Level 4:The Bolt does 2400 damage and stuns for 2 seconds.

Level 5:The Bolt does 4800 + 1/2 Strentgh damage and stuns for 2 seconds.

You should add more info about your spells. Like this one - will the stun go through magic immunity, will it hit both ground and air targets. How big AOE?

Spell 2: Repulsive Armour.
Explanation: Whenever the hero is attacked, It has chance to stun the enemies and deal damage to them. The spell has 5 levels. Works only on MEELE units.

Level 1:Deals 55 damage and stuns for 1 second.

Level 2:Deals 85 damage and stuns for 1.25 second.

Level 3:Deals 125 damage and stuns for 1.50 second.

Level 4:Deals 155 damage and stuns for 1.75 second.

Level 5:Deals 175 damage and stuns for 2 second.

Unit is attacked eh? That event is kind of bugged so you have to have some range check here. Also goes stun through magic immune units?

Spell 3: Ground Bash
Explanation: The hero starts spinning for 2 seconds(the caster is paused), jumps for very small distance in the air, gathering power into his sword then it's strikes the ground, creating 5 explosions towards the target point direction that damages all units within the range of the explosion and the caster.

Level 1:Deals 450 damage.

Level 2:Deals 900 damage.

Level 3:Deals 1800 damage.

Level 4:Deals 3600 damage.

Level 5:Deals 7400 + 1/2 agility in damage.
You know all the bad stuff about pausing now do ya? You dont want the spell to be cancelable either?

Level 18
Stun doesnt goes through the magic immunity, hits both ground and air units, AoE is 350

When hero is attacked, the enemies who attacks thaat hero will be stunned and damaged, doesn't goes through the magic immunity...

no, it can't be canceled, then how it would be madeable without waits?

Level 12
My Request: (Thanks to Drunken_Jackal for the idea)

BTNHeroDeathKnight.png

Fallen Champion - STR
Abilities:

Sorrow - Unit Target [Innate]
The target friendly unit is dealt damage, which then increases the attack damage of the caster.

Bonus effect: Increases armor of the caster.
Range: 0
Cooldown: 0 seconds
Notes: No cooldown, near high mana cost.

Payback - Unit Target
The caster hurts himself, and then deals the same damage to the target unit, but with an increased value.

Bonus effect: Higher increased value, slows unit for a short while after.
Range: 900
Cooldown: 18 seconds
Notes: Sorrow is a counter for this. How its done: X damage is dealt to caster. X damage plus Y% of X is dealt to the unit.

Grievous Force - Passive
The attack of the caster increases as the number of units nearby him increases.

Bonus effect: Adds immolation when there are a large amount of units nearby.
Range: 0
Cooldown: 0 seconds

Anguish - Unit Target
Strikes the target unit in a deep mental anguish, creating carbon copies of it on the casters side. The copies last for a moderate duration.

Bonus effect: Copies become invulnerable, but greatly weaker. They have a long duration and can only be killed by spells.
Range: 450
Cooldown: 24 seconds
Notes: The copies only gain the abilities Death Coil and Death Pact, unit version.

Ultimate:
Ebon Blade - Unit Target
Active: Deals effects depending on the side of the target units. If the unit is and allied unit, then it is killed, but the caster gains bonus Attack Damage depending on its health. If its an enemy unit, its attack damage is set to zero. Lasts for a long time.

Passive: All abilities gain bonus effects.
Range: 450
Cooldown: 20 seconds
Notes: Bonus effects are found in the abilities above.

Additional Info:
Normal Abilities: 3 levels
Innate Ability doesn't have cooldown but it costs 150 mana (Double the ususal innates)

Level 12
ok, from being an idea to being a request :grin:

Travel
-Auto-Cast
- If activated the hero will teleport towards the desired location (right click) instead of walking, but there is a maximum distance for example; the user right clicked a location which is so far, the hero will only teleport what is the maximum distance range and each time the Hero teleport, ___ mana will be drain

Level 22
and my request?

They're a bit difficult to make in GUI at least even in JASS.

And a few issues like why sorrow have 0 range, how is it even supposed to target someone then? Sorrow will also have global cooldown if you do not make it with stacks which sucks anyway.

On the passive, you have to specify how much the damage increases, any number of maximum units? How many units would trigger immolation?

Anguish is a bit off as well, you want to create illusions of the caster right? Yet when you have ultimate they become invulnerable and greatly weaker which do not even make any sense. Also they cannot be attacked at all yet killed by spells? You want them ethernal permanent or you want them invulnerable?

As with ebon blade. It is difficult to register a unit's actual attack damage. It cannot be retrieved by any native and would require alot of damage detection, register and also attack type vs. armor type - reduction.

Really creative spells I have to say yet a few of them require really high coding level.

Level 12
They're a bit difficult to make in GUI at least even in JASS.

And a few issues like why sorrow have 0 range, how is it even supposed to target someone then? Sorrow will also have global cooldown if you do not make it with stacks which sucks anyway.

On the passive, you have to specify how much the damage increases, any number of maximum units? How many units would trigger immolation?

Anguish is a bit off as well, you want to create illusions of the caster right? Yet when you have ultimate they become invulnerable and greatly weaker which do not even make any sense. Also they cannot be attacked at all yet killed by spells? You want them ethernal permanent or you want them invulnerable?

As with ebon blade. It is difficult to register a unit's actual attack damage. It cannot be retrieved by any native and would require alot of damage detection, register and also attack type vs. armor type - reduction.

Really creative spells I have to say yet a few of them require really high coding level.

1 - The Range is 150 Well the Global Cooldown can be removed right?
2 - Minimum 6 units (Triggers Immolation), maximum 15
3 - yep they are greatly weaker is because it has 1/10 of the Fallen Champion's strength (in which is 47, Max 89), pick ethereal because when they are ethereal they are invulnerable and only affected by magic
4 - If you can't make Ebon Blade, I'll request a change.
5 - Leave a +Rep to Drunken_Jackal

Name : Acid Damage
Levels : 1
Type : Item ability , Passive
Description : Decreses the armor by 3 for 2 seconds, and slowing Movement Speed and Attackseed by 25% for 3 Seconds.
Name : Electrical Charge
Levels : 1
Type : Item ability , Active + Passive
Cooldown : 2 Seconds
Manacost : 70
Description : Charges the electric by 1 per hit maximum charge 12 .
1 = 25 Damage
2 = 30 Damage
3 = 35 Damage , .5 Sec Stun
4 = 40 Damage , .5 Sec Stun
5 = 45 Damage , 1 Sec Stun , Movement Speed Slow by 5 % for 2 Sec
6 = 50 Damage , 1 Sec Stun , Movement Speed Slow by 5 % for 2 Sec
7 = 55 Damage , 1.5 Sec Stun , Movement Speed Slow by 6 % for 2.5 Sec
8 = 60 Damage , 1.5 Sec Stun , Movement Speed Slow by 6 % for 2.5 Sec
9 = 65 Damage , 2 Sec Stun , Movement Speed Slow by 7 % for 3 Sec
10 = 70 Damage , 2 Sec Stun , Movement Speed Slow by 7 % for 3 Sec
11 = 75 Damage , 2 Sec Stun , Movement Speed Slow by 7 % for 3 Sec
12 = 100 Damage , 3 Sec Stun , Movement Speed Slow by 10 % for 5 Sec
1 = + 2 Damage
2 = + 4 Damage
3 = + 6 Damage , + 1 Allstats , + 1% Movement Speed
4 = + 8 Damage , + 2 Allstats , + 1% Movement Speed
5 = + 10 Damage , + 3 Allstats , + 2% Movement Speed
6 = + 12 Damage , + 4 Allstats , + 2% Movement Speed
7 = + 14 Damage , + 5 Allstats , + 3% Movement Speed
8 = + 16 Damage , + 6 Allstats , + 3% Movement Speed
9 = + 18 Damage , + 7 Allstats , + 4% Movement Speed
10 = + 20 Damage , + 8 Allstats , + 4% Movement Speed
11 = + 22 Damage , + 9 Allstats , + 5% Movement Speed
12 = + 25 Damage , + 10 Allstats , + 10% Movement Speed

Name : Electrical Titanium
Type : Item ability , Passive
Desctription : 20% chance Stuns the enemy for 2 seconds and cause to -22 hp per seconds lasts for 5 seconds . increases attackspeed by 40%. adds allstats by 5 . increases damage by 25
IF POSSIBLE SIR! GUI TRIGGERS

Status
Not open for further replies.