• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mysteries of Dodrana

Mysteries of Dodrana

Mysteries of Dodrana is a campaign about the quest of King Gervasius Redthorne to find a cure for a mysterious plague that descended upon his kingdom. The only hint he and the remaining healthy part of his army cling to is an entry in an old book that promises salvation can be found in the ancient land of Dodrana. Dedicated to finding this cure they set sail...

Main characters in the beginning:

Gervasius Redthorne (Hero):

A proud king and a skilled warrior. Can deal great amounts of damage while also providing some healing to your army.

Lt. Walius Purgatory "Walpurgi" (Demihero):
The trusted commander of Gervasius' armies, can learn additional abilities through side quests to weaken enemy units.

Wilma (Hero):
A mysterious witch, her real name and exact background as well as her goals are unknown, but her help may prove to be invaluable.

Other features:
- adjustable game difficulty
- achievement system
- designed for reforged HD, with the current patch
- You are playing with an altered human race. One thing i want to note here even though there are hints in game, you don't have farms, instead you build Pack Horses at the stable to increase your food limit.

First Release notes/hints:
- this first release contains 4 maps and a cinematic, more is planned for the future, however i wanted to collect some feedback early on
- there should be no more game breaking bugs, however if you encounter any (big or small) please report them here (including difficulty and game version please)
- i'm aware the first 2 maps are fairly big, i'm thinking about a way to redesign this or use the space more effectively
- models are kind of mixed atm, i started the campaign before reforged and i don't have HD models for everything until now
- i left the test command in for this release, if you encounter any problems, you can type "-testall" to skip the map with full hero levels and side quests
- if you start maps 2-4 from the campaign screen, sometimes your race (i.e. builder icon, interface etc.) is mixed, i'm not sure if this is only in my campaign or a general bug, however it has no impact on gameplay
- sometimes the chosen difficulty does not carry over correctly to the next map, again not sure if it's only in my campaign
- feedback is appreciated, not everything is set in stone and good ideas are always welcome
- looking for HD models for: Human Horseback archer, Human priestess, dwarf warrior (maybe 2 variants)
- enjoy!

Credits:
Models:
NatDis, MassiveMaster, Sin'dorei300, IamMclovin, Radagast, frostwolf, Gyrosphinx, ~Nightmare, UnHolyDarKness, Scias, General Frank, paradise.engineeri, Vinz, Asssssvi, MWM, vindorei (Author), Missing Shadowsong (Sponsor), Tamplier
Spells: Sasuke32
Previews
Contents

Mysteries of Dodrana (Campaign)

Reviews
deepstrasz
A nice campaign with much emphasis on usual human gameplay mechanics, tad repetitive, without character development and pretty much a filler story, and unfinished but somewhat creative towards the current end. Approved. If you want more reviews...
Level 10
Mission 1
Always like seeing demi-hero characters who can be revived
Wilma will talk about bringing her to the magical barrier when she is not in your party yet
berserker hood says it gives +4 str/agi when it gives +5
Is Wilma suppose to have a attack projectile/animation, she kind of waves her hand and then damages happens. She may be casting something but her range is 300 so maybe not enough time to see it.
Wilma is being affected by frost armor on trolls when that spell only applies to melee units

Mission 2
Scouts no longer have sundering blade on their unit card they had it on mission 1. (ability where they do 10% more damage to medium armor)
Pirate Captain medallion of courage same thing as previous item says +4 but gives +5 to the stats
found multiple dwarven gears but could not tell what they added after the 3rd ability was unlocked

2nd Achievement did not unlock, I assume it was something to do with the gears
Achievement (what time limit) says "to win the map after letting the HP tick below" doesn't specify what it has to drop below.

Mission 3
last achievement still says unknown did all the side quest

Side Quest
Fighting Dirty completed after killing the left most Brood Mother on the map. Didn't even see the first group closer to my base at first so only one was killed not two.

Mission 4
what is the range on the "anti arrow ability" cause I had one of those bat riders basically on top of the ship and it still said to far. Just used cluster bombs on them mainly

Last achievement still shows unknown as my guys where killing the portal to end the mission

Overall its really fun short campaign that has no game breaking issues. Everything I picked out is more of me just nitpicking small stuff.

Last edited:
Level 13
Thanks for the feedback, those are some fairly easy fixes, i guess at some point you just get blind to your own mistakes :grin:

looking forward to your opinion on the other missions

Edit:
Mission 2: again, easy fixes; the additional gears add additional mana to the plattform, and yes, the second achievement is related to the gears

Mission 3:
there are only 2 achievements, i forgot to remove the 3rd from the quest

side quest problem also easy to fix

Mission 4:
range is at 2000, which is not a lot given the size of the ship, but it should work as a last resort measure, i didn't have issues with it
achievement, same thing as before, forgot to delete it after copying the trigger

Also cranked out a quick update to take care about the above mentioned issues, thank you again

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
  1. Some icons should look passive (i.e. The Immortal Warrior, Distorsion Field, Sword Nastery). Could be done with: Warcraft Image Lab Also icons like the one for Marked for Death should have the autocast borders. Can be done with the mentioned program. Broodmother's Fang should look active.
  2. Some units (like the Horseback Archer) have hero glow even though they are normal units and their bodies will remain on the ground a long time (no decay animation).
  3. Story seems bland from the start, an exchange of few words, nothing more, no proper introduction.
  4. Techtree is pretty much human. Hero abilities are mostly renamed existing ones.
  5. Surge of Redemption doesn't say how much damage it does. Similarly, Flare of Augmentation doesn't mention any values aside duration.
  6. Terrain seems empty and kind of flat, repetitive.
  7. Quite linear gameplay.
  8. Not sure yet what the mystery is (campaign's name). Not even getting that there is supposed to be one.
  9. Apparently Wilma can remove the closest northern magic wall but not the the eastern one near the troll base. She can but only from the other side, imagine that.
  10. Not sure why the game makes dummy save files which aren't needed. Maybe they're cache stuff and the game thinks they're save files.
  11. Mammoth genocide.
  12. Preferential suicide.
  13. Chapter 2 starts without any cinematic mode but a sudden view over an army and some trivial discussion.
  14. The loading screens don't have anything to do with the campaign's universe or perhaps I misunderstood that this is still happening in Warcraft?
  15. Funny thing is that the barrels are somehow placed behind the avalanche rubble instead of in front.
  16. As the other, chapter 2 is one long chore.
  17. Apparently Wilma doesn't have an ultimate.
  18. It wasn't clear to me where the boarding site/army supply zone. Finally realized it was the empty space with the magic field on. Tried various places like the shipyards, Ragnarok, little base way down to the southeast.
  19. Chapter 4 seems much more fun than the previous similar long stroll ones.
  20. Some of Ragnarok's spells don't mention any damage values.
  21. Not sure if intended but you can Attack Ground through fog of war.
  22. Would've liked a way to gain resources to send more waves and maybe some other gameplay variety stuff.

A nice campaign with much emphasis on usual human gameplay mechanics, tad repetitive, without character development and pretty much a filler story, and unfinished but somewhat creative towards the current end.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 23
I think, you should update the bundle recommended version. It for reforged version i guess?
Campaigns uploaded in 2023 had an issue on hive where they showed the recommended version for them as 1.30, even though they were made with 1.35+. If the authors reupload their campaigns (not as new upload, just delete the campaign and reupload the exact same file in the same submission) it should show the correct version, since Ralle fixed the issue late last year.
The "recommended version" can't be changed by uploaders/authors, it is a website feature of hive.