• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mystery Of Friza 1.6

Basic information. The game is called Mystery Of Friza is 22.2 mt big file. The size is big, because of own music(14), models(5-10) and images(5).

About the game. Mystery Of Friza is huge single players custom game that includes great story, 27 optional guests, 13 reguired quests, 4 different heroes, 14 own musics, more than 50 cinematics and many many more... in other words, this is a huge single player RPG map. Completing this game takes from 4 to 15 hours.

I made this game 2007 January so this is really old game(actually, this is my third map). Making the game took me 6 full month and I have spend LOT OF time to making the game. The game has 1206 units, 609 regions, 193 cameras, 6093 doodads, 8117 other doodad, 832 triggers, 207 variables and it's 255 x 255 map size.

The Story. The Story tells about Friza, who has been sent to prison two years ago. He is a professional killer, who works for money. He is very bored in prison, because nothing new happens there. However he escapes from the prison with his secret powers...

What kind of players I recomend this game? For the players that have hours time to play the game and like to increase own hero leveling it, making quests, buying items from the shop and finding secret places. This is a single player game, so if you are hardcore multiplayer gamer, this is not for you.

Yes, I also know that this map is far from perfect but I really put effort to the map 2 year ago. I'm now far better making maps and my english skills are increased a lot of that time. I hope you can understand that everyone have started from somewhere.

Also, because this is very old game, and I'm working with my campaign I will not update this map anymore, unless you find a major error.

However, if you are kind and you like to translate stuff. I can give you all texts from the map and you translate them to better english. Then I will add the texts to the game.

This map is not my first map. Try my other maps.
Here
you can see my other maps.

The map is protected, to save space. If you want unprotected version, make an email, or contact me with MSN.

Version 1.4:
- Added Tome Seller with:
- Tome of Agility
- Tome of Intelligence
- Tome of Strenght
- Manual of Health
- You can no longer click to unnecessary buildings
- Decreased Cheese Of Life's life attack from 33% to 25%
- Fixed some bugs in end cinematic
- Fixed some memory leaks
- Fixed huge amount of grammar errors
- Fixed some minor bugs
- And much more.. just don't remember :<

Version 1.5:
- Fixed main quest where you need to find 4 summoners
- Terrain is no longer see able, it is now black

Version 1.6:
- Added two boxes to the player. Write "-mb" to move your boxes around your heroes.
- Now Kobolg King won't resurrect anymore.
- Some other minor fixes.

UNPROTECTED VERSION.
Contents

Mystery Of Friza 1.6 (Map)

Reviews
VGsatomi: Approved. High quality rps that obviously has some time put into it. Good story, terrain, triggering, everything.
Level 37
Thank you for your great review, Clay_More. +rep

I agree most of your thoughts, but I have to say that I already gave up working this project 2,5 year ago. My english is quite bad, and I wasn't the best map editor when I was making this project. Actually, it was my third project ever.

I have been making my last and final project, a campaign. I would really like you to review it by just playing the remade chapters in next version(chapters 1-7 are remade in next version out of 11). The next version is about to be released in a week. I would like you to play and also tell me your thoughts once again. You are a great tester, and I thank you from my heart. Thank you.

Level 1
Its a great map.
BUT Its a bit easy... and even worse you stop paying too much attention after a while and then you die suddenly at boss monster... Happend to me once but thats enough
There is a bit more speed needed... Something that keeps your full attention..

Level 9
finished it, loved it, rep+ and I rate 5

seeing how you've made this a long time ago, I'm guessing you won't care that much for feedback anymore, so I'm just gonna do it quick:

story: great, was fun, loved doing quests, even tho the dialogs took forever, the ending was kinda dissapointing, I was hoping for a final battle for me hero to enter, but it was just 2 gods battling eachother in a cinimatic.
gameplay: liked it, I played assassin, was much fun, I had it easy at the end thx to swords+crit strike(i had ultimate sword and that axe that does -armor, i had like 1100 damage when crit

Bugs: there was this sword that said it gave +12 damage and splash, while it gives +15 and no splash, it's based of fire orb, which only does splash on flying. I got stuck twice due to assassin's ultimate and the striker move. I also was immortal once when using a potion while I was using my ultimate ability, which lasted till I used it again.

Bad things: the English was terrible, really terrible, I kinda got what u were trying to say each time, it just annoyed me deeply, like saying mutch (which is much), even tho the grammar was way worse.

Overal I loved it, else I woudn't have played till I finished it

Also I coudn't get to that third boss in the caves, that giant blob thing, I went trough each tunnel but there was no way to end up there....

Level 3
You did an awesome job, I enjoyed this rpg map a lot, although there are some minor issues that, when solved, would greatly improve it:

1) I don't mind grammatical mistakes, but sometimes it's almost impossible to figure out what you meant. There are a lot of native speakers in this site that would be more than glad to proofread your texts.

2) You shold give some clues as to how complete quests and solve riddles. Sometimes I found myself roaming throughout the map for ages before randomly meeting the character I was supposed to look for.

I listed just two minor aspects that can be improved, the rest is simply excellent!

4/5 and keep up the impressive work :)

Level 1
&quot;- Theres a stuckpoint at the bridge in Rivertown near the Sword of Light&quot;
=&gt; What do you mean? You can get the Sword of Light in other way. It's just a secret way! :p

man, there's NO WAY to get that goddamn sword.Well, not unless your invisible assassin and go from that bridge, and get it by invisibility, that is..

edit: meh, found it. but it is in a disgusting place so,,,

Last edited:
Level 2
TO the might map maker aeroblyctos

No doubt its the awesomest rpg map i have ever played i also loved the musics (i'M a big fan of Breath of fire 4 and i barely remember legend of dragoon but its good too i guess ) like the commenters said there is little bit grammar errors but thats okay thank you for this awesome game like map

10/10 you deserve it

Level 1
For the sword near Riverdale, go outside the town, on the beach, just a bit away from the southernmost guard tower. You can walk through the water.
i can't walk through the water, could someone send me a picture how to get that sword to my mail :( [email protected]
and sorry for my bad english

Level 1
Thank you, i really enjoy this map, i finish it with elementalist it was great i didnt found any bugs except that using the teleport stone from the box makes your box desapear.

THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!:goblin_yeah:

Level 3
HAHAHA I probbably reply very late, but for others who can't find mollern potion is in cave western from first farm between Klatzwood and Rivertown.

Level 3
Great map, maybe too slow if you play with warrior, but nevermind.
It can be seen that maker put lots of work to make this one:thumbs_up:
I had only two problems, first was that I couldn't find first part of Holgoro and second is Lord Nicolas Buzan's quest "Powerful Book" or something like that can't be found.

Level 2
I believe for the first part of Hologoro you follow the orc warlock quest chain. (pretty sure that gave the first part unless i'm confusing it with the 2nd part)

The powerful book is of course (*Spoiler*) in the (Castle) library (there is a false shelf)

I'm stuck on the wedding ring quest; because i don't know how to descend into that part of the cave; stuck up on the cliffs and none of the cave entrances/exits I've found seem useful.

Loving the map; although i'd appreciate more bag space, or maybe i should just stop carrying around medialions and spellbooks hoping they'll become useful at some point. The grammar/spelling kinda adds a feel of it's own and I find myself fascinating that such a stupid and evil-bearing (murder/carries evil god/greedy) character can be the main protaginist. Oh and he says he only cares about money but then he fights through infernals to reach the old warlock and is glad he's okay :p

Also playing as assassin (level 30-33ish; sword of doom; cheese of life(which i'd drop occasionally so sword debuffed); 2x ranger shields; and 2 random swords i think; also buying agility with honor points) i beat prophet when i first met him when i'd just unlocked the elf region. When i was supposed to run? didn't even need potions and soon replaced the other 2 slots i was using and never fell below yellow life and had hardly done any of the chapter 3 quests yet. (I then later find the powerful book and it says the prophet is still alive)

More small things: assassin's bloodlust doesn't autocast when you right click to activate autocasting; cheese of life doesn't say it's an orb effect when it is; I don't think tome of retraining should cost honor to get as you can eventually max all skills and it doesn't really make you stronger. Would also be nice if some things had more of a hint that you can't do it yet or what you need to do it. (like doing the murloc island 2nd quest by 2nd hyperion stone and not being able to cross the water until more story events take place?--or the sword of light and sword of darkness and I still can't figure out Garganizi/the caves in the mountains; feel like i'm stuck with 1 entrance from the prison; one from the mountain pass and 2 other exits that lead nowhere as far as I could tell)
Love all the secrets :infl_thumbs_up: but saddened that i can't finish recruitting 2 more summoners who had optional quests attached?

Last edited:
Level 2
Hi there! I'm playing this map at the moment; one of the best RPG maps I've played before.
Just letting you know about a bug I've encountered:
The flaming sword does NO splash damage whatsoever, even though it says it does.
I feel a bit cheated.. lol, and yeah did anyone figure out how to get the Sword of Darkness at the beginning in the prison? Or is it just there for show?

Level 2
Sorry for the third post in a row, but I need help..
I cannot find where Master Druid Malorne is to bring him the 6 magical mushrooms. I have even saved the game and used iseedeadpeople to find him, but I cant!! I must be blind or something

EDIT* finally found the druid after doing a clean sweep.

Also, my 100% evasion and spell immunity disappeared after I started attacking the water elements
to get the water stone!! Crazy.. but it makes me happy now..

Last edited:
Level 37
Hey guys, all of a sudden my character has 100% evasion.. LOL! I have no idea why

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2qdzmdw&s=8

Oh and I just noticed I also have spell immunity, haha.. I don't know where they came from!

I think that's from the ultimate ability.

By the way, Aeroblyctos , I want to ask you about The Chosen Ones. Do we have to control all 3 heroes at once? I thought that would get a bit confusing for me.. was hoping to just control 1 at a time....

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah. It's hard.

v
Sorry for the third post in a row, but I need help..
I cannot find where Master Druid Malorne is to bring him the 6 magical mushrooms. I have even saved the game and used iseedeadpeople to find him, but I cant!! I must be blind or something

EDIT* finally found the druid after doing a clean sweep.

Also, my 100% evasion and spell immunity disappeared after I started attacking the water elements
to get the water stone!! Crazy.. but it makes me happy now..

Glad you're happy. I'm too happy!

Level 2
Hey Aeroblyctos , I was wondering - Do you want to create another RPG map with me? I could come up with the story, dialogue, quest ideas, gameplay, terrain layout, etc, if you physically make the map? ( I have zero idea how to use the map editor).

Level 23
Aero this was a superb map! I have never played anything like it, and the music choice was fantastic! I cannot emphasize how much the music choice affected the gameplay. It felt magical during the cutscenes with that sad music playing in the background! Thank you so much for making this, i just went on a rampage and beat it within 2 days time. Thank you!

Level 3
hey man I love your map man!!! but I really need to ask.

HOW THE HECK DO YOU FIND AND GET THE MAGICAL BOOK IN ABRALTER CITY FOR THE PALADIN GUY IN ABRALTER CITY BIG BUILDING?!!!

Level 23
hey man I love your map man!!! but I really need to ask.

HOW THE HECK DO YOU FIND AND GET THE MAGICAL BOOK IN ABRALTER CITY FOR THE PALADIN GUY IN ABRALTER CITY BIG BUILDING?!!!

Hi King,

I just saw you replied after me haha so i thought i would help. The book is in the lower floor of abralter city, its in the middle of the library. The passage is blocked by books. Hope you can find it.

Level 2
Hey gusy! Could somebody maybe please tell me where the hell the "other side" of Friza ran off too? I've walked the enitre map, including dungeons and rooms, and can't find that niggah XD

Level 23
Hey gusy! Could somebody maybe please tell me where the hell the "other side" of Friza ran off too? I've walked the enitre map, including dungeons and rooms, and can't find that niggah XD
Do you mean the ending part where the "otherside" gets freed because the 4 mages did the ritual?

If yes, just walk from the ritual circle to the main capital city and the cinematic will trigger along the way

Last edited:
Level 2
Do you mean the ending part where the "otherside" gets freed because the 4 mages did the ritual?

If yes, just walk from the ritual circle to the main capital city and the cinematic will trigger along the way

Thank you kindly!

Finally found him and OMG X JAPAN I LOVE YOU AERO! And your map, and its story. AND OMG TEARS in my eyes RIP Friza damn I liked him too :(
Anywaaaay, time for some constructive opinion. The only thing that bothered me in this map was the absolutely terrible English, and it bothered me to the point I could only give 4/5, tops :( But to hell with that; the story was good and the quest where Friza had to go "walk that stupid road" and yell at people... Heck, if I had a job like that, I'd never complain :D

Level 1
I'm stock at teleport master room, I can't teleport to oakvale village

Attachments

• Mystery of Friza.jpg
    Mystery of Friza.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 68
Level 4
Haven't finished my game, will give score later.

Just want to note a bug.
Assassin
- When I use Invisibility Strike during the middle of Teleport Strike. My character will stop Teleport Strike and forever having 100% evasion and magic immune.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
It aged rather well. Put some replayability value on top and voila.
  1. -old school+farming JRPG.
  2. -places you go in (houses, inns etc.) need highlighting (a circle of power or something); I've accidentally entered the town hall in the first village because I tried to see if anything might trigger near it like with the inn which was also an accident.
  3. -no idea what's with the boxes in the prison cell; how to move them if you need space? I had to find out how to do it looking on the forum. Why not ingame? Should have it in the game commands (quest log)
  4. -units selected during cinematic mode
  5. -big restoration and replenishment potions have the same icon
  6. -one of the gnolls reappeared where he died not in his camp
  7. -to sell, you have to go over the counter
  8. -no skip cinematic scenes especially those which tell you can't pass
  9. -that's why the mountains are dangerous because of the Odd Guy wanting to kill those who enter
  10. -abilities don't have proper icon positions
  11. -the troll boss is invisible/hidden but casts spells and gives aura bonus
  12. -more like repairs is what the catapults needed
  13. -very immature dialogue between the protagonist and the engineer to the point where Friza could've punched if not killed the engineer
  14. -you can pass through the orc buildings
  15. -funny how those guards are like dwarves compared to the hero; I could've taken them on :p
  16. -even the gear was kept after going down the river
  17. -Friza asked the old orc if he was going to give him more money but this was after losing his memory :D
  18. -killed some trolls near the guards in revertown and they kept spawning there
  19. -also remembering the first village leader
  20. -you should rename optional quests I/1, II/2 or something so you remember that you have to come back to NPCs for more
  21. -guards don't ask questions if you're coming to Abraltar from the prison :D
  22. -you should've introduced more story within the action as most of the time it's doing chores
  23. -Stormreaver Clan, in this universe!?
  24. -how come everybody can run around the king's throne?
  25. -floating text near the portals or game text appearing when selecting them or them being named depending on the place they transport you to, you'd've been better
  26. -Sword of Doom looks like an axe
  27. -you can pass through many houses in Abraltar
  28. -Head Smash has the same icon as the teleportation item
  29. -funny thing is that some guards "remember" you and attack you in the prison
  30. -Ranger Shield doesn't give Thorns Aura anymore; maybe it gives Spiked Carapace instead?
  31. -the region that triggers the scene with Saithis is too big and close to the road sign
  32. -Rat Food doesn't stack
  33. -teleportation takes way too much time; that long animation scene is totally unnecessary
  34. -Flaming Sword actually give 15 to damage not 12 as it says
  35. -Zee Sword is basically Flaming Sword with another name, description and icon
  36. -Hardened Armour should have a passive icon
  37. -Guards vs Furbolgs issue like with the trolls
  38. -basically changed the name and icon of Faerie Fire
  39. -lame that big potion of restoration and potion of replenishment cost the same when the first restores more and is combat usable
  40. -water stone has the description of the glyph
  41. -golems... magic immune, fortified armour and they also cast spells
  42. -guards can be attacked as they are not invulnerable and they don't turn enemy
  43. -what if you leave the merchant's key in his house, shouldn't the door stay unlocked :D?
  44. -this is lame; I went to elf border and Saithis told me to ask my king why they won't let me in; the king doesn't say anything and I had to walk around the map to only trigger the third chapter at the gates of Abraltar...
  45. -some images (chapter/loading screen) you used have units which are selected in them
  46. -the chapter images stay on screen for too long and can't be cancelled/skipped
  47. -even the loser guards tell me to ask the king...
  48. -Head Smash might get you over trees triggering some scenes; annoying when fighting the brood mother because you get thrown into the elven guards cinematic pice; not only that but even part of the big spider's area is included in the region that triggers that scene...
  49. -the elves also battle the satyrs in or outside their camp
  50. -the book flame strike does more than 90 damage per second during 2 seconds
  51. -dragon turtle outside? What about the sea giant that was beyond the western bridge since the beginning of the game?
  52. -no Altzo-Kate quest since they have the same origin FX?
  53. -gnoll huts are still burning
  54. -but the orc still talks if dead
  55. -a murloc was still alive when the quest completed and the scene started and the two ran after the fishman
  56. -there's a invulnerable 1HP rifleman belonging to player 1 somewhere between some trees in the northeast
  57. -Steiner calls himself Lord Nicholas Buzan during the cinematic scene
  58. -Stephen stays with his back to you now maybe an issue which appeared after talking to him
  59. -Sword of Darkness has no DISBTN
  60. -those Hyperion (in the quest log only because their name is Hyberion) stones should be visible on the minimap once you discover them (=/=activate them)
  61. -during the scene after which you activate all stones, Friza is attacking a turtle while talking to himself
  62. -the green stuff over Caltzag is called Siege Engine...
  63. -you can use Mathias' magical item with the boxes
  64. -this is pretty silly; walking on air from a cave to another when trying to reach the "forgotten one" boss
  65. -haven't found the master druid Malorne again
  66. -Garganizi is burning itself with Flame Strike if you're too near it but if you're unlucky and get stunned the fire can kill you in one or two strikes
  67. -do all summoners know the secret way to Zirzua? The elves are still blocking the road
  68. -the icon for the quest pertaining magic stones is confusing and also the name as it alludes to magic ore; I can't seem to find any magic stones in shops; maybe magic balls? So it were these; Jasmine even asks about balls when you bring them
  69. -boy those Stormreaver children suffer from progeria
  70. -the prophet summons Domgo but they don't attack
  71. -run from the prophet but I've killed him on level 34 some time after meeting him; he's meh for his reputation. Much more powerful is the old orc that fooled you
  72. -the Domgos lived a little before they died in the scene where the prophet falls
  73. -afterwards the Stormreaver houses burn but they still have full HP for you to break; the fire also remains after the buildings are demolished; also it's a unit not a doodad and can be selected
  74. -guess no more Ororo Potion effect for me since I killed the prophet?
  75. -so, I guess once you have 4 summoners you can't complete Diana Windwood's quest anymore
  76. -release the other side does not complete, instead the summoner number becomes 0/4
  77. -no idea how to get to the sword of light near the sea biggie
  78. -sword of ultimate looks like the sword of light and it has no DISBTN
  79. -so, which was the final immortal boss if you cheated?
  80. -why wasn't the "good" god not doing anything to stop those people from killing themselves trying to kill the bad god?
  81. -didn't kill the elven king :D so only one quest was not done
  82. -I finished it with the warrior at level 35

Last edited:
Level 3
Intesting and fun map, certanly can see the connection with your later map The chosen ones which its a true masterpice btw.

Level 12
Well well well what can i say, i also finished this hidden gem of an rpg map and i was pleasantly surprised to see how good the map was, i also got the chance to see the early concepts that were later used in your magnum opus "The Chosen Ones" like some items (The Holgro) and the use of music for different sections of the map, that was pretty fun to see.

Also from reading the info and if i understood it correctly, you made this map when you were just 18 years old which to me is a fact that just blows my mind, besides of course the very poor grammar and unpolished item/spell variety and some terrain parts, the overall map is done extremely well, i enjoyed playing it a lot, my only main negative was the fact that we didn't have a final boss to fight and beat, the story and map ends pretty abruptly and our main character just dies in a non satisfactory way, but for how much of a douche/bad character he was i didn't really mind :xxd:

The thing i loved the most and i think what other people liked were of course the songs used thoughout the map, they are sure one of your signature moves when it comes to maps, I only wished more map makers would do the same in their own creations and add music to their maps, i think it matters a lot in games to have songs that accompany the gameplay and the story.

My favorite song was this one, i just love it so much Link

What else can i say, here is my final score
Untitled.png
I finished the map in 6 hours and i played using 1.29 version of War3, didn't find any bugs.

And my rating for this map is an A Tier with 84 points out of 100

Last edited:
Level 5
I got 5 summoners!
That's the only strange thing I experienced 😂😂
Overall, this is a great map and truthfully, better than TCO because yeah, loading time is too long I'm in pain. 🫠
Thank you for the map and keep up the great work!
Recommended!