• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mortal Hero War

Reactions: deepstrasz
-Mortal Hero War-
A 10 player 5v5 AOS map

Information

Changelog

Credits

Upcoming features

-Heroes & Classes-

There are 12 different races and 22 different class, in total there are 56 different race and class combinations but only one player per class. Each race has their own strengths and weaknesses, for example the Tauren has good strength and hit points but bad movement speed while an Elf is the opposite. Each race also has their own ability that comes along with the 4 abilities unique to each class.

• Human (Warrior, Paladin, Rogue, Mage, Priest, Warlock, Ranger, Beastmaster)
  • Orc (Warrior, Shaman, Dark Shaman, Warlock, Beastmaster, Spellblade)
  • Elf (Rogue, Mage, Priest, Warlock, Ranger, Druid of the Talon, Druid of the Claw, Beastmaster Demon Hunter, Spellblade)
  • Tauren (Warrior, Druid of the Talon, Druid of the Claw, Beastmaster, Monk)
  • Dwarf (Warrior, Ranger, Beastmaster, Engineer, Runemaster)
  • Troll (Warrior, Rogue, Shaman, Beastmaster, Necromancer, Witch Doctor, Shadow Priest)
  • Naga (Warrior, Mage, Ranger, Demon Hunter, Death Knight)
  • Pandaren (Warrior, Shaman, Monk)
  • Undead (Warrior, Mage, Ranger, Death Knight, Necromancer)
  • Legion (Warrior, Rogue, Warlock, Necromancer, Demon Hunter)
  • Drakonid (Warrior, Spellblade, Evoker)
  • Ogre (Warrior, Mage, Runemaster)

• Warrior (Tank)
  • Paladin (Tank, Damage & Healer)
  • Rogue (Damage)
  • Mage (Damage & Support)
  • Priest (Damage & Healer)
  • Shaman (Healer & Support)
  • Dark Shaman (Tank & Damage)
  • Warlock (Damage)
  • Ranger (Damage)
  • Druid of the Talon (Healer & Support)
  • Druid of the Claw (Tank)
  • Beastmaster (Damage)
  • Death Knight (Tank)
  • Necromancer (Healer)
  • Demon Hunter (Tank & Damage)
  • Witch Doctor (Healer & Support)
  • Shadow Priest (Damage)
  • Spellblade (Damage & Support)
  • Monk (Tank, Damage, Healer & Support)
  • Engineer (Damage)
  • Runemaster (Damage & Support)
  • Evoker (Damage & Healer)

-Stats-

In Mortal Hero War, the three stats are Strength, Critical Strike & Spellpower

Strength: Increases hit points, hit point regeneration and auto attack damage
Critical Strike: Increases critical strike chance and critical strike magnitude
Spellpower: Increases mana points, mana point regeneration and ability damage

All abilities that deal damage scale off of Spellpower

[2022-12-7] Map Uploaded

[2022-12-14]
    • The Duration of the Rogue's Stealth Ability has been changed from 10/12/14 to 4/5/6
    • The Area of Effect of the Mage's Arcane Missile has been changed from 400 to 250
    • The Area of Effect of the Shaman's Lightning Shield has been changed from 400 to 300
    • Fixed a small issue where an Arcane Shot Critical Strike would not show that it crit
    • Reduced the size of the Target Dummy chambers
    • The Warrior's Parry has been changed to be triggered by an attack instead of taking damage
    • The Druid of the Claw's Ironfur has been changed to be triggered by an attack instead of taking damage
    • The Druid of the Claw's Ironfur's damage has been changed from 50%/75%/100% to 40%/50%/60%

[2022-12-31]

• Added Competitions to the game
  • Added Artifact Items to the game
  • Added detailed descriptions to each of the classes
  • You can no longer cast Revenge, Holy Light, Smite, Bloodlust, Chaos Bolt, Cleanse, Frost Shock, Havoc, Innervate, Lava Burst, Maim, Mangle, Mind Blast, Recoup, Shadowbolt, Vampiric Touch, Death Coil, Death Strike, Mend, Obliterate, Arcane Shot, Eye Beam, Hunter's Mark, Killshot or Nature Blast on structures
  • Fixed an issue where Hammer of Justice couldn't target heroes
  • The Attack Speed Bonus of items has been changed from 5/8/11/14 to 4/6/8/10
  • The armor of Mortal Towers has been changed from 2 to 5
  • The armor of the Mortal Shrine has been changed from 4 to 5
  • Brutal Damage effectiveness against Fortified Armor has been changed from 125% to 110%
  • Piercing Damage effectiveness against Fortified Armor has been changed from 50% to 75%

[2023-02-28]

• Added 2 More Races: Drakonid & Ogre
  • Added 3 More Classes: Engineer, Runemaster & Evoker
  • Added More Race/Class Combinations: Human Warlock, Human Ranger, Human Beastmaster, Orc Spellblade, Tauren Druid of the Talon, Elf Warlock, Elf Beastmaster, Elf Druid of the Claw, Troll Rogue, Troll Shaman, Troll Warlock, Troll Ranger, Naga Ranger, Pandaren Shaman, Legion Rogue, Legion Necromancer
  • Addded More Artifact Items
  • The Ashbringer's Armor Penalty has been changed from 2 to 3
  • The Damage Bonus of the Hydromancer's Staff has been changed from 6 to 10
  • The Orb of the Kirin Tor's Attack Speed Bonus has been changed from 4% to 8%
  • The Royal Crest of Lordaeron's Strength Bonus has been changed from 10 to 15
  • The Maximum Level of Mortal Force Unit Upgrades has been changed from 10 to 20
  • The Damage Bonus of the Rogue's Execute Ability when the target is below 35% of Maximum Health has been changed from Triple to Double
  • The Damage Per Second of the Dark Shaman's Lava Burst Ability has been changed from 10%/20%/30% to 20%/25%/30%
  • The Area of the Effect for the Demon Hunter's Immolation Ability has been changed from 500 to 250

[2023-07-08]

• All Ranged heroes have had their Movement Speed reduced by 10
  • All Melee heroes have had their Movement Speed increased by 10
  • The Base Damage of the Warrior's Revenge Ability has been changed from 150% to 200%
  • The Damage of the Warrior's Devastate Ability has been changed from 70%/85%/100% to 75%/100%/125%
  • The Initial Damage of the Rogue's Sunder Armor Ability has been changed from 200% to 100%
  • The Damage of the Mage's Arcane Missile Ability has been changed from 80%/100%/120% to 60%/75%/90%
  • The Damage of the Shaman's Lightning Shield Ability has been changed from 25%/30%/35% to 15%/20%/25%
  • The Damage of the Dark Shaman's Lava Burst Ability has been changed from 20%/25%/30% to 15%/20%/25%
  • The Damage of the Warlock's Chaos Bolt Ability has been changed from 250%/325%/400% to 280%/320%/360%
  • The Damage of the Warlock's Shadowbolt Ability has been changed from 150%/200%/250% to 120%/160%/200%
  • The Damage of the Ranger's Killshot Ability has been changed from 240%/280%/320% to 240%/270%/300%
  • The Damage of the Ranger's Arcane Shot Ability has been changed from 125%/175%/225% to 150%/175%/200%
  • The Damage of the Druid of the Talon's Nature Blast Ability has been changed from 50%/75%/100% to 90%/120%/150%
  • The Initial Damage of the Druid of the Claw's Mangle Ability has been changed from 200% to 240%
  • The Periodic Damage of the Druid of the Claw's Mangle Ability has been changed from 10%/20%/30% to 15%/25%/35%
  • The Attack Speed Bonus of the Beastmaster's Call of the Wild Ability has been changed from 25%/35%/45% to 15%/20%/25
  • Reduced the Critical Strike Duration Bonus of the Beastmaster's Feral Spirit Ability
  • The Defense Base of the Beastmaster's Feral Spirit Summon has been changed from 1 to 0
  • The Damage of the Death Knight's Obliterate Ability has been changed from 140%/170%/200% to 150%/200%/250%
  • The Damage of the Demon Hunter's Sigil of Flame Ability has been changed from 100%/125%/150% to 100%/150%/200%
  • The Damage of the Demon Hunter's Eye Beam Ability has been changed from 125%/150%/175% to 120%/160%/200%
  • The Damage of the Spellblade's Mana Burn Ability has been changed from 140%/190%/240% to 150%/200%/250%

[2023-07-22]

• Critical Strike Magnitude per point of Critical Strike has been changed from 1% to 0.5%
  • The Perk Perseverance has been changed to happen every 80 seconds, from 60
  • Minion Units have been made more common, but now have half the health
  • Removed the option to choose what type of Minions you want to go down a certain lane
  • Added some charged utility items
  • Potion Items have had their prices reduced by half
  • Spell Damage Reduction Items' Bonus has been changed from 10/12/14/16 to 10/15/20/25
  • The Spell Damage Reduction of the Spell Breaker Artifact has been changed from 25% to 35%
  • Added a new series of items, spell amulets
  • Racial Attribute Bonuses have been amplified by 3
  • All Abilities that have an Area of Effect of 500 apart from the Druid of the Claw's Intimidate Ability have been reduced to 350
  • All Direct Damaging Abilites that have a Cast Range above 600 have been reduced to 600
  • The Area of Effect of the Paladin's Wake of Ashes Ability has been changed from 150 to 200
  • The Healing Critical Strike Bonus Effects of the Paladin's Holy Light Ability have been removed
  • The Monk's Healing Mist Ability has been removed and replaced with the Chi Wave Ability

Tools

Button Manager by Shadow Daemon
Custom ability icons from Wowpedia
Item cleanup trigger by Bribe

Models
Hero Glow by Assassin lord
Item models by Terrior
Icons to Models Pack by Kenathorn
Countless models by Vinz!
Dummy by Grey Knight
Nova models by JetFangInferno
Dwarf Axethrower by HerrDave
Frozen Shell by Daelin
FelGuard by FerSZ
Naga Death Knight by Misha
Item Bow, Sword, Shield and Staff by HerrDave
Markofthe CrimsonKing by Kellym0
NecroticBlast by UgoUgo
Skeleton Mauler by Villagerino
WC1 Spearman by Loktar
Stone Shield by JesusHipster
Tauren Ranger by apaka
Electric Blizzard by Freezer
Troll Warrior & Troll Hexer by Johnwar
Raptors by Hantoo
Elite Tauren by Johnwar
Arrow & Quiver by eubz
Black Shaman by Epsilon
Death Knight on foot by Kuhneghetz
Item Axe by Lord_T
Staff by Matarael
Engineer Turret by HerrDave
Forcefield by Epsilon
Runemaster by DireFury
Dragon Head by Jhonny Janbo
Glowing Runes by Chaotic Hunter
Drakonid Models by Gluma
Crossbowman by Asssssvi
Team Color Medivh by Ujimasa Hojo
Panther by Cuore
Tauren Druid by Stefan.K
Troll Watcher by Johnwar
Troll Necromancer by Frostwhisper
Simple Sword by SuPa-
Ogre Legion Models by Johnwar
FootArcher by Jion
Black Legion Models by Johnwar

-Upcoming Features-

More races
Glyphs, that will allow players to modify their abilities

Contents

Mortal Hero War 1.2.2 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
For some reason the game lags. Played with the Paladin. It takes a little to not get confused by all those item shops. I've noticed the lack of neutral hostile units and just the straightforwardness of the gameplay on three direct lanes. It says "you...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
For some reason the game lags. Played with the Paladin.
It takes a little to not get confused by all those item shops.
I've noticed the lack of neutral hostile units and just the straightforwardness of the gameplay on three direct lanes.
It says "you already control this gold mine" when I tried controlling a Mercenary Camp again.
The Shaman's spells seem to be extensively for allies and that might make him weaker when fighting alone.

Anyways, it's a neat AoS which emphasizes on minions as well but with little customization (would be nice to be depending on race/faction). It also comes with a few control points.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Reactions: MHD

MHD

MHD

Level 2
For some reason the game lags. Played with the Paladin.
It takes a little to not get confused by all those item shops.
I've noticed the lack of neutral hostile units and just the straightforwardness of the gameplay on three direct lanes.
It says "you already control this gold mine" when I tried controlling a Mercenary Camp again.
The Shaman's spells seem to be extensively for allies and that might make him weaker when fighting alone.

Anyways, it's a neat AoS which emphasizes on minions as well but with little customization (would be nice to be depending on race/faction). It also comes with a few control points.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/
Thank you for the review, I will be adding more interesting items, creeps and better descriptions to each of the classes. I will also allow the Shaman to cast Bloodlust and Lightning Shield on themselves. I think I might also add a tooltip to the bottom of each ability description that lists all of the Target types allowed.