• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Contest #27 - Colossus\Final Boss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
I call it Humbaba. It's unrelated to Mesopotamia(Mesh and everything) but I can't think of any name so yeah.
Humbaba1a.png

-Grendel said:
no problem. now go join the modeling contest or i will eat your babies.

Ok.. because He Cured my One Day Craziness, to thank him, I decided to Join,

What Im Gonna Make is: Mountain's Arm The Arm sounds Cooler
A Legendary Mountain Golem Got Lured into some Quicksand, Left his Arm At the Surface, And Will Whack anyone in its way. *He Has Eye on His Palm*

Making the Model Now

WIP Pic
Warcraft Finger!!
The%20Arm.jpg

Last edited:
Level 49
pretty much done with the upper body. only need to complete the shack on his back (totally not rhyming on purpose)
also, the crystals look much better in model editor. it doesn't show the correct texture filters on mdlvis.
Col-astle.jpg

Level 25
So, working on an upright walking dragon shit named "Harbinger of Twilight and it will have a heavy Cataclysm inspired theme and is a black dragon with tentacles? The tail animation in fine but can someone help me in the death animation where he floats a little even it's not dissipate time yet.

Attachments

• Pitler.png
    Pitler.png
    148.1 KB · Views: 248
So, working on an upright walking dragon shit named "Harbinger of Twilight and it will have a heavy Cataclysm inspired theme and is a black dragon with tentacles? The tail animation in fine but can someone help me in the death animation where he floats a little even it's not dissipate time yet.

O oh, upright Maghteridon.

We're screwed!!!

Sweet stuff.

Grendel, that's one helluva beast man.
Please tell me that you're gonna make an earth shattering ability and gamma rays to him :>

Last edited:
all lookin' very cool, guys :) keep the good stuff rollin'.. or in this case, stomping :xxd:

i dunno, Chen.. not too sure what exactly you were editing or on which model you based this one.. but you could maybe be able to tweak that in mdlvis..
(i'd help tweak that, but perhaps only after the contest.. unless Deo specifies different ruleset)

Level 49
Eh, I suppose that's good enough. I must say that this contest focuses more on the 'colossus' part than the 'final boss' part, and even then WoW was definitely not the primary inspiration. I thought more about Shadow of the Colossus, or maybe even some of the Final Fantasy games. Think 'massive creature', not 'powerful being'. In WoW terms think of a Titan, or an Old God, or Deathwing.

It's still alright though, as long as it's fairly large. ^^

Im making a wyvern that uses he bones of its victims as armor becuase its skin is so soft and without all the bones, its defenseless.

1. Dragon turtlish texture with a skull helmet
attachment.php

2. Changed the texture, added the rest of the mesh, il be tweaking the texture soon this is just temporary.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Wiiiiiipppp2.png
    Wiiiiiipppp2.png
    291.7 KB · Views: 603
  • wipppp1.png
    wipppp1.png
    165.9 KB · Views: 648
M'kay.

Basically, the thought for my model was more in-line with characters such as Kil'Jaeden or Archimonde, who have both been significantly larger than almost any other character on Warcraft 3, and wouldn't have looked out of place at the same scale as any other character.

If it weren't for them, I would've opted for a giant Dragon.

M'kay.

Basically, the thought for my model was more in-line with characters such as Kil'Jaeden or Archimonde, who have both been significantly larger than almost any other character on Warcraft 3, and wouldn't have looked out of place at the same scale as any other character.

If it weren't for them, I would've opted for a giant Dragon.
it doesn't really matter what was one thinking when suggested the theme... if you make your model big and with a high-res and epic texture, and epic animations with a lot of impact and such, it will feel like a colossus, even if it isn't a dragon or a giant beast...

don't know how people always make confusion with contest themes... that is up to the contestant, if you're up to a humanoid colossus, go for it, it's perfectly fine, as long as you think it's fine :|

Level 49
Contestants are to create a massive, boss-type unit for a party of heroes to face in combat. Hulking Giants, ancient Dragons, unbound Elementals, deadly mechanical constructs and voracious Krakens - anything that looks like it could crush an Ogre under its heel is fair game in this competition! The idea is to supply proper gigantic, boss-level models for mapmakers so that they wouldn't have to use upscaled Warcraft III models, which tend to look bad and incredibly low-quality.

please take note of the bold text. i think that's pretty much simple to understand ya?
basically create an enormous/ hulking giant/BIG model. also, in my humble opinion, this is by far the SIMPLEST modeling contest theme we ever had.

also, in my humble opinion, this is by far the SIMPLEST modeling contest theme we ever had.
yeah, that is the point, it is simple :|

but the more we talk about it the more it seems like it isn't :v

btw... a few ideas for what i might do...

165527-albums6053-picture93524.jpg
165527-albums6053-picture93525.jpg
165527-albums6053-picture93526.jpg
165527-albums6053-picture93527.jpg

although i'm inclined to do the female glutton beast thing, i'd like to do a weird insect kind of thing as 2 :v

Level 49
its not the worst idea, mine's a humanoid colossus. just get on with your entry, we're just specifying that there's no need to argue about the theme because its fucking simple. just create something detailed and HUGE.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Might not be a good idea, Linaze. Apparently, humanoid submissions are the worst possible idea ever.

Don't be silly, man... It's not about it being humanoid. It's more about that you seem to be focusing on the "final boss" bit, where most others are focusing on the "Colossus" bit (which, arguably, was the genesis of the whole thing). It's not "wrong"; might make comparisons difficult.

Last edited:
Level 23
yeah, that is the point, it is simple :|

but the more we talk about it the more it seems like it isn't :v

btw... a few ideas for what i might do...

165527-albums6053-picture93524.jpg
165527-albums6053-picture93525.jpg
165527-albums6053-picture93526.jpg
165527-albums6053-picture93527.jpg

although i'm inclined to do the female glutton beast thing, i'd like to do a weird insect kind of thing as 2 :v

Fat guy PLZ. It's pretty rare to see models like that. :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.