• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Contest #28 - Wizards

Status
Not open for further replies.
An extension would be nice if it isn't a problem for anyone. I always get motivation at the last moment, would be nice to have more last moments xD

Here's a WiP of the hood and mask
That's the nicest hood I've ever done.

Oh, and a question, are custom textures allowed or do we have to use ingame ones?

Attachments

• WiP1.PNG
    WiP1.PNG
    41.8 KB · Views: 98

Roland

R

Roland

Hope you guys make it before the deadline >,> those reps/award icons are at stake~ :xxd:

here's some progress with my entry. i'm doing the texture myself...

now i won't be around the weekend so I won't have the opportunity to model until the deadline. if there's an extension, and it's for 2 weeks, i'll certainly finish mine... but it's really up to you guys, some people already finished their models and they should be heard, i guess..

Attachments

• wip.jpg
    wip.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 360
  • Hierophant.jpg
    Hierophant.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 171
Level 19

now i won't be around the weekend so I won't have the opportunity to model until the deadline. if there's an extension, and it's for 2 weeks, i'll certainly finish mine... but it's really up to you guys, some people already finished their models and they should be heard, i guess..

Wow it looks like a Native American/Inuit Shaman/Medicine Man. Though the skin looks a bit too faded? (I'm not a 2D art expert)

Looks like a skinny arakoa witch doctor :) Neat.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
So... Extension or no extension?
I just want to know if I should keep working on my model or not.
Even without an extension, you should keep working; no reason not to submit your cool model to the Modeling Section! : )

I'm likin' the MayaIncAztec vibe there.

Level 22
Final entry: Toad Rider

Here is my entry, the mighty Toad Rider !

Not very polished but i can't do more before the deadline.
It's still functional and working though.
Maybe i will improve it if there is an extension for the contest.

Note that the special effects will not appear in Magos, you have to import the model in game to see them.
The model is meant to use the "spirit of vengeance" projectile.

Attachments

• FINAL01.jpg
    FINAL01.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 731
  • Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    579.2 KB · Views: 448
  • ToadRider.mdx
    137.4 KB · Views: 199
Level 49
Alright, I see that there is a lot of effort going towards finishing these models and it seems to me that an extension would help bolster the number of entries significantly. In my eyes that would be a far more successful contest. Unless Vermillion Edict or -Grendel want to argue against that, I'm going to go ahead and extend this contest until the 15th of November.

Level 9
Alright, I see that there is a lot of effort going towards finishing these models and it seems to me that an extension would help bolster the number of entries significantly. In my eyes that would be a far more successful contest. Unless Vermillion Edict or -Grendel want to argue against that, I'm going to go ahead and extend this contest until the 15th of November.

Can't believe i am missing this chance twice. :goblin_cry:

Level 32
I was rushing it to finish in time, but looks like I will now have more time to polish it. Here it is anyway, just in case.

There're more than one characters here. Blue one is an old warlock guy with a huge staff who casts spells, brown is a minion/student to the warlock who throws enchanted staves as basic attack, and the green one is a rider (someone has to "drive" that thing).

Download it here.

qeOGgZNrJ10.jpg

I set the attack start point at somwhere X: 50 and Z: 150, so spear flies from where it needs to.

lru-2uchZRo.jpg

Huge staff is also decorated with fancy particles and ribbon flying things.

686zyjphT_E.jpg

qNFxogT4KUo.jpg

==UPDATE==

Gave the minion a little more character.

hZubtHnFm4o.jpg

15 nov is my birthday by the way.

Last edited:
I was rushing it to finish in time, but looks like I will now have more time to polish it. Here it is anyway, just in case.

There're more than one characters here. Blue one is an old warlock guy with a huge staff who casts spells, brown is a minion/student to the warlock who throws enchanted staves as basic attack, and the green one is a rider (someone has to "drive" that thing).

qeOGgZNrJ10.jpg

I set the attack start point at somwhere X: 50 and Z: 150, so spear flies from where it needs to.

lru-2uchZRo.jpg

Huge staff is also decorated with fancy particles and ribbon flying things.

686zyjphT_E.jpg

qNFxogT4KUo.jpg

15 nov is my birthday by the way.

I bet you have alot trouble animating that thing, 3 unit to animate in a model OMG XD

Since there is a Extension, might as well try, not sure if there is any proportion problem
Progress.jpg

Does no Shoulderpad looks more Mageish?
MagesNoShoulderpad.jpg

Now my problem is bones and texture or wrap, been ages since i actually wrap something, and I still can't create Decent texture yet.... Haizzz

Last edited:
I bet you have alot trouble animating that thing, 3 unit to animate in a model OMG XD

Since there is a Extension, might as well try, not sure if there is any proportion problem
Progress.jpg

Does no Shoulderpad looks more Mageish?
MagesNoShoulderpad.jpg

Now my problem is bones and texture or wrap, been ages since i actually wrap something, and I still can't create Decent texture yet.... Haizzz
It looks far better with shoulders. And do make an awesome texture please? :)

It looks far better with shoulders. And do make an awesome texture please? :)
With shoulder or shoulderpad?

This is the Part I hate the most XD but i will see what I can do

Edit: more Progress
Just randomly patching texture to him, I really have not much idea on the texture :V
The Face is temporary, I will make a custom texture for the face
149823d1446349410-modeling-contest-28-wizards-progress2.png

Attachments

• Progress2.png
    Progress2.png
    192.9 KB · Views: 698
Last edited:
Level 49
I have updated the first page with information about the new deadline as well as everyone's latest work-in-progress post (if I forgot anyone or got anything wrong please let me know). I've also sent a reminder to most people who's latest WIP was more than a week from now to remind you about the contest and inquire as to your progress. Good luck everybody!

With shoulder or shoulderpad?

This is the Part I hate the most XD but i will see what I can do

Edit: more Progress
Just randomly patching texture to him, I really have not much idea on the texture :V
The Face is temporary, I will make a custom texture for the face
149823d1446349410-modeling-contest-28-wizards-progress2.png

Hayate, that face is the best one you've made, don't dare changing it :xxd:

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

Here is my entry, the mighty Toad Rider !

Not very polished but i can't do more before the deadline.
It's still functional and working though.
Maybe i will improve it if there is an extension for the contest.

Note that the special effects will not appear in Magos, you have to import the model in game to see them.
The model is meant to use the "spirit of vengeance" projectile.

that's one amazing toad rider :)

Noice. Though it's a bit white & blocky, I like the custom face. The armor's texture is a tad detailed, but I love the color scheme.

What do you mean by White and Blocky? The Skin and Face? :p
NELunarMageGIF2.gif

Edit: Going to have some Hard time to Bone and Animate him, The "Dress" is gonna makes things hard :p

Last edited:

attachment.php

The Base Animation is somewhat roughly done, Just need to fix some footwork, and details (the Ear) and maybe a set of alternate animation, Hand Wrap
Team Glow, and Some Event object and add some Team Color where I still haven't decide where to put yet, Some Proportion Fix and It should be good to go
(I should Add Particle to eye too :D)

I can't believe I am Able to Handle the Particle Emmiter, This is Miracle XD

Thinking of Adding TC to the Inner Shoulderplate, Not sure if that is enough :/

btw, im unsure with my walk anim, not sure if it is derped. I might need to redo that :(
attachment.php

Attachments

• LunarMage.png
    LunarMage.png
    204.2 KB · Views: 417
  • Walk.gif
    Walk.gif
    1.2 MB · Views: 360
Level 10

attachment.php

The Base Animation is somewhat roughly done, Just need to fix some footwork, and details (the Ear) and maybe a set of alternate animation, Hand Wrap
Team Glow, and Some Event object and add some Team Color where I still haven't decide where to put yet, Some Proportion Fix and It should be good to go
(I should Add Particle to eye too :D)

I can't believe I am Able to Handle the Particle Emmiter, This is Miracle XD

Thinking of Adding TC to the Inner Shoulderplate, Not sure if that is enough :/

btw, im unsure with my walk anim, not sure if it is derped. I might need to redo that :(
attachment.php

You could make him hover/levitate, It makes it more wizardy and it's easier then animating a walk cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.